Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
Are we able to escape Pool 3, now? (Without spending money.)

I'm down to 9 cards left, and I feel like cards are going to be added to Pool 3 as fast as I can unlock them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

No Wave posted:

If we think the pools 1 and 2 experiences are good then it would make sense to design a pool 2.5 that is as good an experience and have it last to 1000CL. I don't hate the concept of pool 3 but it contains lockjaws (essential cards) as well as jane fosters (optionals that require other pool 3 enablers).

pool 1 and 2 are good primers but ultimately gets very stale very quickly. what bothers me is i have barely a scratch into the s3 list and if i were to hit 600 then im going to definitely be out gunned if not completely out skilled as well. i'm still trying to sort out these decks im seeing now and where matchmaking has stuck me in these unprecedented times but i can be certain ive never ever seen the portraits these guys have so they been around a while

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Opopanax posted:

Yeah if you’re playing a boring rear end lameo

fam, have you seen my posts

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

CitizenKeen posted:

Are we able to escape Pool 3, now? (Without spending money.)

I'm down to 9 cards left, and I feel like cards are going to be added to Pool 3 as fast as I can unlock them.
They'll be adding about 1 a week and you'll be earning about 3 a week. So I like your chances.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
For series 2 I'm currently running this which uses Quinjet but screw it I'm getting a bunch of wins with it!

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

Just ran into a flawed, or at least inconsistent, interaction. Vormir was the first location, I play a card, it gets destroyed. Turn 3, they haven't played there yet, I play Green Goblin. He moves over to the other side, then gets destroyed. But they didn't play a card, I did!

Conversely, the next match, they played Angela, I played Green Goblin. Angela didn't get a +2, because again, they didn't play the Goblin.

Make up your mind, stupid game!

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!
Sandman looks really good to me now.

Just play a solid stat line curve out deck to 4 and then you can afford a tempo loss Leech/Sandman/wave, and finish with Aero.

I guess the question is did those decks need the redundancy of a low tempo high impact turn 5 play or is this just one to many?

Also the Thanos change is dumb, but probably pretty meaningless out side pushing up the decks win% a few points. Since Win% is the less important stat for decks it probably doesnt mean much of anything.

AzureFlame
Nov 26, 2009
Just ran into a Cerebero 4 deck for the first time. They ran Medusa and Broo, using Medusa's mid powerup and buffing Brood to 4 with Nakia to get them to the buff power. Pretty neat!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Push El Burrito posted:

For series 2 I'm currently running this which uses Quinjet but screw it I'm getting a bunch of wins with it!

Somehow I STILL haven't gotten Quinjet. I'm like CL1858

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

I think one of my fave new plays is to Valk lanes that people think they have won. Oh you just dropped She-Hulk over there? Would be a shame if she was suddenly only 3 power.

Also I do the surprised card emote on M'Baku every time he pops into the game, win or lose. There's always room for M'Baku in my heart.

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004
I hate the way the UI suddenly disappears now and the game just sits there for a moment doing nothing when your opponent retreats. That can't be the flow they want, can it?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

cgeq posted:

I hate the way the UI suddenly disappears now and the game just sits there for a moment doing nothing when your opponent retreats. That can't be the flow they want, can it?

Yeah I have that too, it's annoying.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
its gotta be a glitch because its very disrupting, to me

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:

Skippy McPants posted:

Holy poo poo.

There's an April Fools bundle coming that gives you a Rock, like, the in-game card Rock, for you collection. Also the title "I got a rock."

I'm gonna have to buy that.
If this lets you upgrade and Infinity split the Rock so all Rocks you get are sparkly I'm going to laugh so hard

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
This new card is awesome.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Snazzy Frocks posted:

pool 1 and 2 are good primers but ultimately gets very stale very quickly. what bothers me is i have barely a scratch into the s3 list and if i were to hit 600 then im going to definitely be out gunned if not completely out skilled as well. i'm still trying to sort out these decks im seeing now and where matchmaking has stuck me in these unprecedented times but i can be certain ive never ever seen the portraits these guys have so they been around a while

I mean there is matchmaking MMR so even if they've been around for a while you've probably got a reasonable shot skill-wise

that won't stop you from occasionally getting blown the gently caress out, but that happens to those people too (most of whom also aren't anywhere near having a complete collection/etc.), and while your odds of making infinite or w/e may suffer for a while, pools 1-2 do give you the tools to do reasonably well even if you have abominable initial luck with your pool 3 pulls (which you may not)

imo the main thing is to adjust your outlook a bit, focusing more or learning archetypes/play patterns and snap/retreat timing rather than just trying to grind cubes

I mean I'm only mid 800s so take that all with a grain of salt, but I really haven't found the transition too painful/scary at all

LGD fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Feb 21, 2023

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

oh god, even ruder??

I already get a bit spun up getting someone ms marvel me after I lose

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I would absolutely Rogue that card every time I saw it.

Lotta weather we're having.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Feb 21, 2023

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Skippy McPants posted:

Holy poo poo.

There's an April Fools bundle coming that gives you a Rock, like, the in-game card Rock, for you collection. Also the title "I got a rock."

I'm gonna have to buy that.
It's some long-overdue cerebro 0 support. Not really fair if this essential card is kept away from other players.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

If there was one feature I would put into the game it would be that organizing your cards by "upgradeable" would also sort them by least to most boosters.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

LGD posted:

I mean there is matchmaking MMR so even if they've been around for a while you've probably got a reasonable shot skill-wise

that won't stop you from occasionally getting blown the gently caress out, but that happens to those people too (most of whom also aren't anywhere near having a complete collection/etc.), and while your odds of making infinite or w/e may suffer for a while, pools 1-2 do give you the tools to do reasonably well even if you have abominable initial luck with your pool 3 pulls (which you may not)

imo the main thing is to adjust your outlook a bit, focusing more or learning archetypes/play patterns and snap/retreat timing rather than just trying to grind cubes

I mean I'm only mid 800s so take that all with a grain of salt, but I really haven't found the transition too painful/scary at all

You'll definitely come to hate seeing some cards. Wong had me tilted for almost half a season last month and I've matched against Patriot Ultron decks so many times that I will probably never play either card. Patriot Ultron is just such a boring deck to play against that I can't see myself enjoying piloting it.

Also there is a streamer who used a Pool 2 control zoo deck that helped him get to infinite last season which is literally Pool 2 and below cards, and he's Pool 3 complete. It wins surprisingly often. There are plenty of decks which are reasonably competitive without needing many or any Pool 3 cards.

The idea of deliberately stalling your progress for multiple seasons just to reach infinite is completely anathema to me. I thought about it when I reached Pool 2 complete at the beginning of last month but the joy of getting new cards and making new decks is the best part of the game.

I'm solidly in the middle of Pool 3 and I've bought 5 cards with tokens. The only card on my must buy list now is She Hulk, everything else I will happily wait for. I can build just about any deck concept I want, and be competitive at just about every level. I haven't reached infinite yet, but hanging out in the 60's isn't so bad and maybe I will make it to 70 even with Zabu and Surfer nerfed.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

AzureFlame posted:

Just ran into a Cerebero 4 deck for the first time. They ran Medusa and Broo, using Medusa's mid powerup and buffing Brood to 4 with Nakia to get them to the buff power. Pretty neat!

There's some weird C4 Surfer hybrid floating around that uses Nakia. It sounds cool but seems wildly inconsistent, and you're probably better off just choosing 1 or the other. C4 sounds like the worst though since your only good tech card is Enchantress.

I wonder if there's any Patriot Cerebro lists. Sounds too big brained for me.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

I've gotten more wins in the past 3 days with my pool 2 only zoo deck than any other deck I have and I'm pool 4 complete (well, I guess I don't have Sentry now but otherwise complete).

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant

RevKrule posted:

I think one of my fave new plays is to Valk lanes that people think they have won. Oh you just dropped She-Hulk over there? Would be a shame if she was suddenly only 3 power.

Also I do the surprised card emote on M'Baku every time he pops into the game, win or lose. There's always room for M'Baku in my heart.

Valk's been overpowered because she's unexpected. Nobody plays around her. As she moves from 5->4->3, and people start seeing her, she'll settle into a normal amount of value.

y_y
Oct 25, 2011

conversationalist

New Leaf posted:

Somehow I STILL haven't gotten Quinjet. I'm like CL1858

Tell me about it, I just got mine at 2700 or so. Such a good card!

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

MissMarple posted:

If this lets you upgrade and Infinity split the Rock so all Rocks you get are sparkly I'm going to laugh so hard

Winning with an ink split Rock will be the ultimate flex.

No Wave posted:

If we think the pools 1 and 2 experiences are good then it would make sense to design a pool 2.5 that is as good an experience and have it last to 1000CL. I don't hate the concept of pool 3 but it contains lockjaws (essential cards) as well as jane fosters (optionals that require other pool 3 enablers).

The answer here is obvious, let S3 cards downgrade to S2. If Series 3 continues to grow, the gap between newer and older players will continue to expand. Presently, the game has no catchup mechanic built in. A person starting now might take three months to reach parity, while a player starting six months from now might need nine months. That is unfeasible in the long term.

If 4-5 cards from each series drop, each month, that retains that relative ratio between the sets. And because S2 enjoys a more rapid unlock rate, newer players won't be stuck in limbo forever.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Skippy McPants posted:

I already live this dream by using Ink Debrii

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Quinjet/Beast owns in my bounce deck.

I got the Dan Hipp variant of Best too and it's great.

https://marvelsnapzone.com/variants/beast-05/

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
I feel like the answer to S3 that will keep Second Dinner (with their "random collection" mythology) happiest is to bucket people into percent complete of S3.

S1 and S2 are teaching Series. Ramping up.

S4 and S5 are for whales and the very competitive.

As S3 grows, just match people against people with similar sized S3 collections, which will be reflective of experience and somewhat reflective of cards to draw on. Sure, someone will get Zero and Taskmaster and Red Skull in their first three pulls, but most people will average out.

Start with just a 50/50 split (i.e., at CL600, you play against people with at least 1 and <= 50% of S3 cards, then when you get your 50%+1 S3 card, you're in the back half).

Then break it down as S3 grows and grows and grows.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
The slow down with getting new cards is a bummer in pool 3. I just hit the cl cutpoint and it's 12 levels between caches now.

I'm pretty bored of the decks I have at the moment. I'll try to finish up this months pass and evaluate sticking with it next pass.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Skippy McPants posted:

The answer here is obvious, let S3 cards downgrade to S2. If Series 3 continues to grow, the gap between newer and older players will continue to expand. Presently, the game has no catchup mechanic built in. A person starting now might take three months to reach parity, while a player starting six months from now might need nine months. That is unfeasible in the long term.

If 4-5 cards from each series drop, each month, that retains that relative ratio between the sets. And because S2 enjoys a more rapid unlock rate, newer players won't be stuck in limbo forever.

Seems like it would be better to expand Pool 4. Just have Pool 3 cutoff around 1,500 or so and have the Reserves kick in after. It would screw over the people still in the middle of Pool 3 though. I don't think there's a good answer but hopefully one is found soon.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Please make other decks more viable, or nerf destroy and discard. I am tired of playing the same 2 decks 70% of the time.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Just remove the 50% slowdown you get at 1000. That's such a bafflingly "feel bad" game decision that you can't even meaningfully buy your way out of. I didn't mind facing full P3 complete decks half as much when I was getting a new card almost daily.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Bottom Liner posted:

Just remove the 50% slowdown you get at 1000. That's such a bafflingly "feel bad" game decision that you can't even meaningfully buy your way out of. I didn't mind facing full P3 complete decks half as much when I was getting a new card almost daily.

Just raise the CL where it goes from caches to reserve.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Little annoyed that they nerfed Darkhawk by 1 (which honestly probably doesn’t even do much) but didn’t touch She Hulk or Aero. Not that these cards are grotesque or whatever, but if any two cards need a nerf it’s these two. Aero should probably only be first card played this turn, so it still stops single drops but isn’t so effective against several. She Hulk idk, figure out some way so you can’t drop 2 on curve for shits.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

DurosKlav posted:

Just raise the CL where it goes from caches to reserve.

just remove reserves all together and keep it all caches. 3/4s being filler sucks.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Bottom Liner posted:

just remove reserves all together and keep it all caches. 3/4s being filler sucks.

There needs to be some filler so people dont get all the cards in a month or 2 and stop playing.

King of the Cosmos
Jun 6, 2004

Maybe We'll invent a Cosmic Esperanto.
After having a lot of fun with a Mister Negative deck(and getting a lot of 8 cube wins), I was tired of having a deck that took until Turn 5 to come online. I decided to craft a strange new deck focused around getting ahead early and maintaining enough tempo to afford some tech cards in the back half. The kicker is having Heimdall at the end, which people do not expect. When they think they've won the Ebony Maw lane or filled up a lane with a Lizard they just move right out of the way. And if I do not have Heimdall in hand I can use Professor X and Aero to dictate the last two turns anyway. It's not perfect but it's been a lot of fun today!

# (1) Zero
# (1) Ebony Maw
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Cosmo
# (3) Thor
# (3) Polaris
# (4) Enchantress
# (4) Crossbones
# (5) Professor X
# (5) Aero
# (5) Spider-Woman
# (6) Heimdall
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTGl6YXJkIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDb3NtbyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUHJvZmVzc29yWCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUG9sYXJpcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ3Jvc3Nib25lcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQWVybyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3BpZGVyV29tYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ilplcm8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkhlaW1kYWxsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJUaG9yIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJFbmNoYW50cmVzcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRWJvbnlNYXcifV19

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
All the dumb poo poo with this game just faded away because I juggernauted someone's devil dino onto that location that swaps sides and I won because of it:2monocle:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Just faced my first Galactus deck, still at 578 CL. I cosmoed his electro and it went downhill for him the rest of the way