Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

flatluigi posted:

i'm okay with giving more obscure marvel stuff a shot, tbh, but i'm in the weird position of all the marvel stuff i watched and enjoyed a lot of all ending up not being MCU (Legion, Agents of Shield, Jessica Jones, the animated spiderverse unless that's retroactively in it now). them putting a show out and saying 'here's this obscure character who hasn't been the focus of a movie yet' should have a decent chance of working out fine

I mean that’s literally how the MCU itself started. It wasn’t banking on A listers. It built niche characters into A listers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

flatluigi posted:

i'm okay with giving more obscure marvel stuff a shot, tbh, but i'm in the weird position of all the marvel stuff i watched and enjoyed a lot of all ending up not being MCU (Legion, Agents of Shield, Jessica Jones, the animated spiderverse unless that's retroactively in it now). them putting a show out and saying 'here's this obscure character who hasn't been the focus of a movie yet' should have a decent chance of working out fine

Rumor is that Jessica Jones played by Krysten Ritter will appear in the new Daredevil series.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

And Daredevil has appeared in the Spider-Man films.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean that’s literally how the MCU itself started. It wasn’t banking on A listers. It built niche characters into A listers

i agree :V

Nihonniboku posted:

Rumor is that Jessica Jones played by Krysten Ritter will appear in the new Daredevil series.

edogawa rando posted:

And Daredevil has appeared in the Spider-Man films.

that's good to hear -- i'm mainly mostly annoyed by the entirety of agents of shield being retroactively noncanon since I love all those characters a lot & people sleeping on Legion a whole lot because they're either turned off by it being "a marvel show" or turned off by it not being in the MCU. my favorite roles for both aubrey plaza and dan stevens!

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

flatluigi posted:

that's good to hear -- i'm mainly mostly annoyed by the entirety of agents of shield being retroactively noncanon since I love all those characters a lot & people sleeping on Legion a whole lot because they're either turned off by it being "a marvel show" or turned off by it not being in the MCU. my favorite roles for both aubrey plaza and dan stevens!

Legion was incredible. I'm fine with it being a standalone for now. It was never intended to be a part of the MCU, and we still have yet to see how mutants are going to fit into the MCU beyond the already revealed to be mutants Kamala Khan, Namor, and likely Wanda.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I thought it would have been hilarious if the series finale of Legion had someone be like "there's someone you need to meet... your father!" and then from off camera you hear Patrick Stewart say "there's something I must tell you..." before it cuts off.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Yes, but he also has to be in a flying chair, and it doesn't cut off, he rockets off.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

The next big thing: AI-generated movie posters.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

~Coxy posted:

The next big thing: AI-generated movie posters.

people were making hallucinatory images long before they started teaching computers to approximate it themselves. also that hand has the correct number of fingers

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Ok so I looked it up and those are not even his six wives. Those are four of his wives (one of them he married twice), his fiancé, and his daughter,. The wife they didn’t include on the poster is S. Epatha Merkerson. Hm

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

What I need is more MARRIAGE! *grunts*

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Don't know what this is about but it has my attention.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Schwarzwald posted:

Don't know what this is about but it has my attention.

It's a Godzilla vs Megalon anniversary event, which will celebrate not only the movie itself but also Jet Jaguar and Megalon generally.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

https://youtu.be/tsonudV314E

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

Gripweed posted:

It's a Godzilla vs Megalon anniversary event, which will celebrate not only the movie itself but also Jet Jaguar and Megalon generally.

My Japanese has absolutely gone to poo poo, I was wracking my brains trying to figure out what a “jet jogger” is.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

remigious posted:

My Japanese has absolutely gone to poo poo, I was wracking my brains trying to figure out what a “jet jogger” is.

It's a guy who the air marshal's going to have to restrain if he doesn't sit the gently caress down already

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It’s the guy that runs alongside the plane until he gets tired and that’s when you know it’s time to take off.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Truly the greatest double feach.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Is that where the name Devo comes from

Also if you went to the early show, you got 15 more minutes of Devo, that's a deal

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I wonder how many people watched the first showing of Pink Flamingos, then felt they needed to see it a second time in one evening.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

caligulamprey posted:

Truly the greatest double feach.

drat, this was like 4 months before their first album too. This was the era of them playing jocko homo nonstop for 20 minutes if the crowd was booing them just to be assholes.

Waffleman_ posted:

Is that where the name Devo comes from

Yeah, big believers that society was getting dumber and devolving.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"

I hate that this ISN'T a Photoshop Phriday entry.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

You know what? I bet that'll be alright.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I'm just so tired of seeing Kevin Hart sweat and complain.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Gripweed posted:

You know what? I bet that'll be alright.

I’m willing to take this bet.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That's apparently a Qubi series that they edited into a movie lol

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

NEW MOVIE

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

How many more light skinned action guys are there left to pair Kevin Hart with

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

Sing with me:

Christ has died
Christ's not risen
He'll never come again

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
It's German for "The Hart"

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Shoehead posted:

It's German for "The Hart"

It's an extremely bad taste title making fun of Bob Newhart who looks like this now

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Bob newfart

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

Oh is it?

1. I wonder how the nature of Qubi's format will mess with the film's pacing and editing.

2. I wonder if this will lead to more cases of Qubi series being stitched together and dumped onto Amazon Prime or whatever streaming service picks them up.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I thought Roku had bought the entire Quibi library

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

Waffleman_ posted:

I thought Roku had bought the entire Quibi library

I think they may have just bought the rights to episodes. IIRC Quibi didn’t actually own much (any?) of its library and the option to repackage its content as features later on was a major selling point for talent

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Codependent Poster posted:

I can't wait to turn my TV on its side and watch it!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

edogawa rando posted:

Oh is it?

1. I wonder how the nature of Qubi's format will mess with the film's pacing and editing.

I remember hearing that a lot of Quibi stuff was just normal movies that were crudely edited into Quibi format. Supposedly that was the case with their Most Dangerous Game adaptation.

It’s hard to be sure of anything regarding Quibi content because nobody watched Quibi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

There was like an animated horoscope show about a bunch of millennial zodiac animals that apparently had like a thousand episodes made and is almost entirely lost media now.

It was a daily show and I'm assuming there was one episode for each sign a day.