Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
The guess who one rocks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
scream 6... is going to be good... i feel it in my bones...

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I really want to see it but I’ll wait til streaming unless they pay Neve what she asked for

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Not only are all the poster v good, I really love the use of the M for the VI

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I do feel like with the Stab Musical--my guess is that it's an actual element in the film, and that's what the poster looks like. But I think it's a missed opportunity to not do.a parody of the classic Phantom of the Opera poster.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

Chris James 2 posted:

https://twitter.com/CountVolpe/status/1624111295279529997?s=20&t=ji2Q9DUeGqF_DciQID9_Ow

This is the first time I’m seeing the subway poster too holy poo poo :stare:

The last movie had that great poster with the tagline "The killer is on this poster." There is something about the Guess Who? poster though that got me thinking, what if this movie is going to be different in that we never learn the killer's identity? That would be an interesting change.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Timeless Appeal posted:

Stab the Musical is going to either be incredibly cringe-inducing or genuinely hilarious with no in-between.

Calling that they do the movie rules as a parody of the duel song from Hamilton.

I'm thinking it's going to be like the Avengers musical in the show Hawkeye.

Intentionally cheesy and winking at both the in-movie and real-life audience.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
One poster has stab the musical and the other has wrongfully accused the musical

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Took me a second to figure out what Stabix is

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Shame the only interesting this about this movie or franchise at this point is the teaser posters.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

Darko posted:

I dont think they wanted to kill her there. Basically gently caress with her and then get her to hook up with Billy. Their whole plan involved killing her on a specific date, following horror tropes and framing her dad.

Yep, the point of that first attack is to get Sidney into Billy's arms. Having sex with her is a central part of the plan (well, Billy's plan, anyway; I wouldn't put it past Stu to get carried away and just go for the kill anyway if he had the chance).

Timeless Appeal posted:

Billy and Stu actually don't have as big a master plan as they seem to have, case in point, kidnapping Sidney's dad. Billy knows the time frame to kidnap him because he's hiding in the room, but they've already killed Casey that same night. So the plan kinda came together as they went along. There's a few pieces like the curfew and getting to kill Principal Fonzie that really don't come together till the end of the film. Even Billy's arrest and giving him a positive alibi aren't certain.

I think they had the broad strokes of the plan, but are definitely being a bit reactive, and it's only at the party that they know exactly how things are supposed to go.

On this note, it's interesting to notice that Stu and Billy come out of costume/ hiding when they do largely because they need to get the gun away from Sidney.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Timeless Appeal posted:

Billy and Stu actually don't have as big a master plan as they seem to have, case in point, kidnapping Sidney's dad. Billy knows the time frame to kidnap him because he's hiding in the room, but they've already killed Casey that same night. So the plan kinda came together as they went along. There's a few pieces like the curfew and getting to kill Principal Fonzie that really don't come together till the end of the film. Even Billy's arrest and giving him a positive alibi aren't certain.

I think they had the broad strokes of the plan, but are definitely being a bit reactive, and it's only at the party that they know exactly how things are supposed to go.

What? They clone the dads phone since they're going to frame him. They obviously couldn't do that if he made it to wherever he was traveling to and wasn't at Stus house at the end so the kidnapping was always part of it. It doesn't really make sense that 90% of their plan was them winging it in less than 24 hours.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
That’s not what I said though and was clear that the broad stokes of the plan were there, it’s just some stuff they have to be reactive towards. They were probably always planning for Sid’s dad to be the fall guy, but a lot of their ability to plan out the kidnapping relied on information they easily could have missed.

I do disagree that they HAD to have sex with Sid to kill her. The most important little key to understanding Scream is when they explain how the questions game works and how you die regardless. The whole movie is about how the dichotomy of the virgin and the slut doesn’t matter because there isn’t a right way where you get to win at patriarchy. Billy had sex with her because Billy is a misogynistic rapist creep.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Timeless Appeal posted:

That’s not what I said though and was clear that the broad stokes of the plan were there, it’s just some stuff they have to be reactive towards. They were probably always planning for Sid’s dad to be the fall guy, but a lot of their ability to plan out the kidnapping relied on information they easily could have missed.

I do disagree that they HAD to have sex with Sid to kill her. The most important little key to understanding Scream is when they explain how the questions game works and how you die regardless. The whole movie is about how the dichotomy of the virgin and the slut doesn’t matter because there isn’t a right way where you get to win at patriarchy. Billy had sex with her because Billy is a misogynistic rapist creep.

Looks like you're conflating "the movie" with "Billy." Billy wanted to hook up with Syd and utilized the Ghostface thing to scare her and put himself in the situation as the the wrongfully accused guy she needed to "make it up to" on purpose. Stu on the other hand was more of the movie buff and would play along with it to match that before they killed her.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Timeless Appeal posted:

I mean the plan doesn't even really require him to go out of town. They could kidnap him on his way to work. The film only lasts 2 days. But otherwise I just assume they knew about it from Syd directly talking about it or Stu getting it from Tatum mentioning it.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Ended up watching the MTV Scream series and was thoroughly annoyed at the last season not having anything to do with the previous two seasons. Not as annoying as the video game cutscenes in that French bootleg scream movie, but still pretty annoying.

I want to do a double feature of Final Stab and Lover's Lane, but can't find Lover's Lane available to stream anywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqAjHWBNg78

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBZgmirfawc

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

banned from Starbucks posted:

I mean the plan doesn't even really require him to go out of town. They could kidnap him on his way to work. The film only lasts 2 days. But otherwise I just assume they knew about it from Syd directly talking about it or Stu getting it from Tatum mentioning it.
I agree, the point was that we actually do know when he gets the information which is when he's hiding in Sid's room at the start of the film. I'm not saying it was all on the fly, just that they were being reactive.

Darko posted:

Looks like you're conflating "the movie" with "Billy." Billy wanted to hook up with Syd and utilized the Ghostface thing to scare her and put himself in the situation as the the wrongfully accused guy she needed to "make it up to" on purpose. Stu on the other hand was more of the movie buff and would play along with it to match that before they killed her.
I'm not sure what your point is. I'm just saying that it's kind of irrelevant if Billy actually had sex with her or not.

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
Idk why I even look at the articles fed to me by the algorithm every time I open a blank tab but what kind of fuckin nerd is mad about Ghostface blasting people with a shotgun

That said there was one thing in there that worried me

quote:

"There are a tonne of fun, wonderful, classic Ghostface moments, but it's not the pratfalling Ghostface," Gillet added.

"We love that, but for this to be scary and to achieve a level of visceral tension, we wanted to put the character more in the real world.
The most realistic thing about the Scream series is all the Ghostfaces flopping around and getting beat up because it is in fact extremely impractical to try and murder someone while wearing a cheap Halloween costume including full face mask

So there better be a plot point about Ghostface doing Behind the Mask-style extensive training to get used to running around in the costume, and/or making their own costume to be more functional

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I love in Scream 3 when Sidney yeets Ghostface off the ledge and onto a bed on the second floor you can actually hear him go "Aaaah!" If they're losing the fact he sometimes has people get over on him then I do feel like it's a mistake.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

MOON MOON posted:

Idk why I even look at the articles fed to me by the algorithm every time I open a blank tab but what kind of fuckin nerd is mad about Ghostface blasting people with a shotgun

That said there was one thing in there that worried me

The most realistic thing about the Scream series is all the Ghostfaces flopping around and getting beat up because it is in fact extremely impractical to try and murder someone while wearing a cheap Halloween costume including full face mask

So there better be a plot point about Ghostface doing Behind the Mask-style extensive training to get used to running around in the costume, and/or making their own costume to be more functional

Now I want a Ghostface Training montage complete with Stan Bush soundtrack….

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

MOON MOON posted:

I keep thinking it would be fun to go all in on this in one of these, where halfway through the movie you go back and follow whoever is ghostface in this one and see just how incompetent they were and how much they were barely holding it together. Have a second ghostface too who just happened to pick this moment to start killing people too who is much more efficient and scary your bumbling ghostface has to deal with that as well.

e: i guess the og ending to 4 the planned sequel was going to be something similar to this if i remember correctly now that i think about it.

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Feb 19, 2023

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
When I was 12 ghostface stumbling around like a real person would was maybe the most striking thing in the movie to me. That little bit of verisimilitude goes a long way in making the movie actually scary.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Them being clutzes and idiots helps with not knowing if someine will survive or not. No supporting character survives Jason or Michael normally, and they typically don't have a run in with the final girl until the end. Multiple people typically survive Ghostface attacks (although some of them are Ghostfaces).

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I'm OK with a "fully competent" Ghostface if it's strictly a one-off and has an explanation (like this one's been in training for years specifically to be the ultimate Ghostface or whatever).

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I’m looking forward to the Scream film with multiple Ghostfaces, and none of them know eachother.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I'd love to see a Scream where two people both decided to Do A Ghostface without knowing about the other person's plan

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Stu gets paroled and runs a Ghostface boot camp with mockup houses.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
A family of ghostfaces go on a holiday to a cabin by a lake, when one stormy night they are hunted down by a mysterious stranger dressed in just like causal clothes or whatnot.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

dr_rat posted:

A family of ghostfaces go on a holiday to a cabin by a lake, when one stormy night they are hunted down by a mysterious stranger dressed in just like causal clothes or whatnot.
The killer is called Humanface

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

Martman posted:

The killer is called Humanface

The twist at the end is

THERE ARE TWO OF THEM

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Turns out…..we are all Ghostface…

Maybe they’re going full Friday the 13th part 9…

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018

MOON MOON posted:

I've heard the reason for this is because Craven's daughter came to set when he was making a previous horror movie and during a chase scene said to him "girls don't trip when they run daddy," so he felt obligated to include the killer tripping as a deliberate reversal of the horror movie norm.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Gaz2k21 posted:

Turns out…..we are all Ghostface…

Maybe they’re going full Friday the 13th part 9…

Well this can't be true because it looks like Ghostface is actually in the movie.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.cinemark.com/collectiblepopcorntub

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

What is it? Can’t view outside the US

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Plastic popcorn tub in the shape of ghostface’s head, it has a hatch on the back that opens up and you fill it with whatever theater concessions you want.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yeah

A collectible promo for the new film. Was originally limited to Cinemark theaters but they sold out extremely fast and a handful of the scrubs that bought it immediately sold it on eBay for 40x+ the price, so they saw it and are now commissioning more for everyone who legit wants one regardless if you're near a theater or not https://cinemark.shop/

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

Reviews starting to come in. Word looks solid so far, but still real early in the game. Here we go!

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

So the "type" of movie Scream 6 is ("rules for ___") is apparently a franchise film

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Still early but the Rotten Tomatoes is currently at 77%, which if holds would be the third-best Scream critical reception (2 has 82% and 1 has 80%)