Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

quote:

O’Keefe, a former high school musical theater performer, has been accused in the past of spending the nonprofit’s money on his own musical interests.

Is there a single one of these freaks who isn’t a failed art school/drama club kid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

PT6A posted:

It's just multiple levels of insanity, to the point that it's almost a shibboleth to confirm that you're a complete nut who's receptive to utter nonsense; in fact, I suspect that's exactly what it is. It's a purposeful sign that you've decided to reject reality and substitute your own, that you may then identify fellow travelers. I don't believe for a second that anyone actually takes it seriously.

https://twitter.com/MattBors/status/1628046403397210114?t=lHo-aJZClBjIIodQtiFFtQ&s=19

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Queering Wheel posted:

He's still around doing activism, just under the radar. Like a week before the midterms he was one of the few people to successfully predict that the midterms were not going to go well for the GOP. That is the last news I've seen regarding him.

From what I remember he became persona non grata in a lot of liberal circles because he was also warning them not to assume a Hillary Clinton win for granted because she was ignoring a lot of traditionally-Democratic Rust Belt votes. Even after the election they still preferred pushing on Russia as the sole reason why Clinton lost instead of the perception of "She would rather dance on Ellen than campaign."

I think a similar thing was happening in 2020 with Biden but he was on TV less by then and he wasn't saying it nearly as much because Biden did court blue-collar votes more in those areas.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Michael Moore says things that are often right, but that people do not wish to hear, therefore he does not endear himself to the media class.

Most of the time, I must confess I don’t want to hear him either because I think a lot of it consists of apologia for cockends, but the people involved in making the sausage cannot simply shy away from how the sausage is made.

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
Sam Brinton is the former deputy assistant secretary of Spent Fuel and Waste Disposition, and has been serving as right-wing catnip after being fired for stealing airport luggage on two occasions. But but that's a post-hoc justification, they hated Sam for being openly non-binary.

Prior to that Brinton was one of the heads of the Trevor Project and lead a nationwide campaign to ban conversion therapy in all 50 states. Sam wrote a NYT op-ed recounting an abusive childhood and testified to the UN about their own experience with conversion therapy, in which they described needle and electroshock torture at the hands of an evangelical therapist based out of an Orlando strip mall

Their parents and sister are now denying that there was ever any violence in the household, or that Sam was ever sent to conversion therapy. You could write that off as an evangelical family circling the wagons, except Sam specifically claimed to have been sent to the ER 7 times by his father, but local reports showed they had only been hospitalized once in a car accident. Even before that, other LGBTQ activists had been questioning their conversion story

This is bad. If it doesn't pan out then I expect right-wing media will use and abuse it as ammo to discount all queer survivor stories, like they did for the Rolling Stone's campus rape report. Once there was a scent of blood (Sabrina Erdely admitting in a podcast that she had never actually spoken to the alleged rapists), it resulted in as slow trickle and finally a torrent of revealed fuckups on the part of several people to verify a survivor story before nationally promoting it. Especially when there are already so many verified stories of abuse, but they had to clamp on the most dramatic high-profile case

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Moore is still around and active, and usually right on top of it. I just sort of assumed he burned any goodwill he had in the press/Dems with Fahrenheit 11/9 and then nuked the ashes.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Moore now has a substack and podcast.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Epic High Five posted:

Moore is still around and active, and usually right on top of it. I just sort of assumed he burned any goodwill he had in the press/Dems with Fahrenheit 11/9 and then nuked the ashes.

Moore said "Trump is going to win" in 2016 and everyone told him to get out, and when Trump won, he went "Told ya." And then did indeed got the gently caress out and never came back.

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Michael moore peaked 20 years ago, it's like asking whatever happened to Limp Bizkit

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Dubar posted:

Michael moore peaked 20 years ago, it's like asking whatever happened to Limp Bizkit

Really he's been at it long enough and said enough visible things in the media all that time, that everyone that's paid attention to him has had times they said "He's only hated because he's unafraid to speak the truth!" and "There goes Michael Moore again, trying to be relevant. :rolleyes:" They diverge of course over which fall in which category. For example, like whether they nodded sagely or got mad when he said Trump was gonna win in 2016, when he said Trump was gonna win in 2020, or when he said there wasn't a red wave coming in 2022.

But I think we can all agree that Canadian Bacon was excellent.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

I dunno. A doppelrauch speck is pretty loving hard to beat.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Dubar posted:

I guess but I don't know if I'd frame it such simple terms. A lot of film makers and authors from 20 years ago are still relevant and creating things. This is a cynical take and, coming from me, that's saying a lot.

On point, though. I monitor a bit of RWM here and there and over the last week or two listening to them care about :

1. The environment (at all)
2. Military spending/waste (ever)
3. The horrible downside of getting involved in another forever war (at all, ever)
4. Elected officials who are mentally unfit for office
5. Large private companies enforcing rules as they choose (since they are people and job creators)
6. Crying about censorship (Twitter, Google, Anything at all, etc.)
7. Being worried in ANY way about education
8. Caring about misogyny (Don Lemon/CNN)

Has at least been entertaining to a degree, even if it still angers me and makes me want to scream at my radio.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
All that kvetching over subjects that right-wingers suddenly care about is absolutely phony. They're repeating Democrat talking points to insult them while they hold the Dems' arm and pushing their fist into their face while saying, "Stop hitting yourself!"

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Star Man posted:

All that kvetching over subjects that right-wingers suddenly care about is absolutely phony. They're repeating Democrat talking points to insult them while they hold the Dems' arm and pushing their fist into their face while saying, "Stop hitting yourself!"

Well yeah I mean no loving poo poo

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Have any what? Names of the no votes?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Hannity said today that China is creating a new axis of evil with Russia, North Korea and Iran, and had on a guest who was like "Yeah they're going to take Taiwan any day now, that's why China is backing Russia so hard, so that when Ukraine loses that will prove the US is weak and China has no need to fear retaliation." Also some claim that China has incredibly powerful supersonic missiles that the US military has no defense against, so we will clearly lose if we go to war with China.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

CRINK

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Hannity said today that China is creating a new axis of evil with Russia, North Korea and Iran, and had on a guest who was like "Yeah they're going to take Taiwan any day now, that's why China is backing Russia so hard, so that when Ukraine loses that will prove the US is weak and China has no need to fear retaliation." Also some claim that China has incredibly powerful supersonic missiles that the US military has no defense against, so we will clearly lose if we go to war with China.

Maybe I am dumb, but I kind of assumed that the average missile was supersonic, because otherwise they would be moving very slowly and that'd be kind of funny.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Clarste posted:

Maybe I am dumb, but I kind of assumed that the average missile was supersonic, because otherwise they would be moving very slowly and that'd be kind of funny.

Fun fact, a Scud is hypersonic for part of its arc, and Patriot was hitting those in 1992 - admittedly at about a 25% hit rate. Patriot has gotten a lot better since.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Michael Moore is a Bernie guy, and a great citizen of Northern Michigan.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

mllaneza posted:

Fun fact, a Scud is hypersonic for part of its arc, and Patriot was hitting those in 1992 - admittedly at about a 25% hit rate. Patriot has gotten a lot better since.

I'm pretty sure the whole Patriot intercepting scuds was a bunch of propiganda by Raytheon. They had reprogrammed the missiles to certainly try to intercept them but whether it actually happened was up for debate.

The Iraqi scuds were modified from their original configuration I believe, in order to have more range. This compromised their structural integrity and is theorized many of them simply shook themselves apart. In some cases, an "interception" still resulted in the Scud warhead falling to the ground and detonating, and that makes more sense if the missile had fallen apart vs getting hit by a patriot missile.

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.
Jimmy Dore has gone on Tim Poole's show. If you want to hear the line of the loving year jump to 21:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UGsDludz3U

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
https://twitter.com/DC_Draino/status/1628503007707992067?t=JUdvlwxJu_5Dxm2gE8GRlA&s=19

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
There's a couple of ads I heard on the radio this morning that amused me. The first was for a podcast called Red Pilled America, which opened with "Why is it that wherever you look, you see drag queens everywhere?" I'm curious where the hosts of this podcast are going that they see drag queens everywhere, I've never seen any personally.

The second was one of those gold investment commercials with Steve Bannon going "What will Democrats do to win in 2024?" and asking a few questions involving things he said would ruin the economy. One of them was "send out more stimulus checks." Democrats sent out one stimulus check, for 600 dollars. Trump sent out twice as many stimulus checks for over five times that amount. Just incredible.

Anyway it was funny hearing Glenn Beck desperately begging his audience not to side with Putin and Russia, because "Well yes he's against the woke agenda and trans people and wants to establish a strong religious foundation for society and strengthen the family unit and bring us back to traditional values, but he wants to do it for evil reasons!"

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Panfilo posted:

I'm pretty sure the whole Patriot intercepting scuds was a bunch of propiganda by Raytheon. They had reprogrammed the missiles to certainly try to intercept them but whether it actually happened was up for debate..

What point are you trying to make? Because for the last 20 years patriots have definitely and undeniably been shooting incoming missiles out of the sky so why shouldn’t we think that at least some of the earlier attempts may also have been successful?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

tfw the coke habit gets too out of control and your billionaire paymasters notice.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
So the reason rail derailments are down is because it's... Deregulation? :psyduck:
https://twitter.com/marcscribner/status/1625618216738234383?t=-TqqK6O2TNxEczP4XqjrsA&s=19

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Zeroisanumber posted:

tfw the coke habit gets too out of control and your billionaire paymasters notice.

Now see, Andrew Breitbart's cocain habit didn't get to this point with his money overlords because his heart exploded and he dropped dead on the sidewalk from it before the bills started to come due. I doubt his one-time protege will be so lucky...

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
My argument would be that if they don't believe any reasonable person would believe that Fox News is actual news, then they need to stop presenting it as such, rename it "Fox Entertainment Network" or have disclaimers before and after all of their shows.

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Feb 23, 2023

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The Fox entertainment network already exists, it's called Fox.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I mean I was just saying it in the Jan 6th thread, but really it should have been done years ago. If Fox wants to play that game, fine, let them. Revoke their press privileges and access. The Onion doesn't get to attend White House press meetings, why does Fox?
Either they are not a news organization and thus should have their press status and associated privileges immediately revoked, or else they are and are wholly culpable for what they say and do.

Snuff Melange
May 21, 2021

...some men,
you just can't reach.

I'm tired of Ben Shapiro types being coy about whether they're anti-LGBT or not and hiding under several disingenuous layers of "oh we just think traditional families are so important" or whatever. Just come out and say what you really mean, cowards!

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Snuff Melange posted:

I'm tired of Ben Shapiro types being coy about whether they're anti-LGBT or not and hiding under several disingenuous layers of "oh we just think traditional families are so important" or whatever. Just come out and say what you really mean, cowards!

Is he being coy? He told Dave Rubin to his face that he wouldn't come to his wedding or his home at all.

Also, Rubin continues to be painfully pathetic in his quest to keep getting that "as a centrist, left bad" money.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Decon posted:

Is he being coy? He told Dave Rubin to his face that he wouldn't come to his wedding or his home at all.

Also, Rubin continues to be painfully pathetic in his quest to keep getting that "as a centrist, left bad" money.

Yes, considering his actual desire and position is "I do not want LGBT+ people to exist at all." So anything he says on the matter that is not "I do not want LGBT+ people to exist at all" is him being coy with his eliminationist goals and desires.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I mean I was just saying it in the Jan 6th thread, but really it should have been done years ago. If Fox wants to play that game, fine, let them. Revoke their press privileges and access. The Onion doesn't get to attend White House press meetings, why does Fox?
Either they are not a news organization and thus should have their press status and associated privileges immediately revoked, or else they are and are wholly culpable for what they say and do.

They tried that during the Obama administration and the result was all the rest of the press screaming bloody murder about censorship and how terrible it was and how good their friends in the Fox News Corp were until Obama was forced to relent

Journalist’s first priority is protecting their own livelihood, regardless of what it actually means for their profession

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Yeah more often than not it’s not them being coy about it, it’s when someone else tries to report on them while trying to be neutral and not take a side or without passing any kind of judgment.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Twelve by Pies posted:

China, please try to invade.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Twelve by Pies posted:

There's a couple of ads I heard on the radio this morning that amused me. The first was for a podcast called Red Pilled America, which opened with "Why is it that wherever you look, you see drag queens everywhere?" I'm curious where the hosts of this podcast are going that they see drag queens everywhere, I've never seen any personally.

The second was one of those gold investment commercials with Steve Bannon going "What will Democrats do to win in 2024?" and asking a few questions involving things he said would ruin the economy. One of them was "send out more stimulus checks." Democrats sent out one stimulus check, for 600 dollars. Trump sent out twice as many stimulus checks for over five times that amount. Just incredible.

Anyway it was funny hearing Glenn Beck desperately begging his audience not to side with Putin and Russia, because "Well yes he's against the woke agenda and trans people and wants to establish a strong religious foundation for society and strengthen the family unit and bring us back to traditional values, but he wants to do it for evil reasons!"

Putin is an MCU bad guy to them. He's doing the right things but he has to kill a ton of people to be "bad"

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

nine-gear crow posted:

Yes, considering his actual desire and position is "I do not want LGBT+ people to exist at all." So anything he says on the matter that is not "I do not want LGBT+ people to exist at all" is him being coy with his eliminationist goals and desires.

Fair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Twelve by Pies posted:

China claims to have missiles specially designed to defeat US aircraft carriers which I am sure they do but also have no means of projecting force outside their immediate area of influence because they've both identified how the US does it (carriers) and the weakness of doing it like that (carriers are fragile.)