Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

You harvest 1 blessing from a weapon and it can be used indefinitely at that tier on all marks of the same type (so all combat axes share blessings, all tac axes share blessings etc)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Bruc posted:

A lot of good changes but they nerfed Psykers which loving sucks, you don't get fast passive peril reduction when using non force weapons in melee so you have to actively quell all the time which makes the combat flow way worse. You used to be able to burn through your peril and then melee for like 10 seconds and be good to use the staff again and now it takes like 30 seconds if you don't manually quell. Really makes both melee and ranged feel worse.

lmao this sucks, why have any non-force weapons now? Guess the same reason you can equip guns as psyker despite no perks or synergies there.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
the dueling sabre rocks, also the perk that gives a chance to brain burst on attacks works on everything

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I hope they add some gun psyker feats at some point.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Bruc posted:

you don't get fast passive peril reduction when using non force weapons in melee so you have to actively quell all the time which makes the combat flow way worse.

:confused:

I just played a Psyker mission with a chainsword and still had passive peril drain

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Cognac McCarthy posted:

:confused:

I just played a Psyker mission with a chainsword and still had passive peril drain

It was changed so that non-force weapons no longer has max passive peril drain by default is all. What the actual values are is probably up to data miners to find out, but you probably can't face tank a daemonhost indefinitely off passive peril drain + block with peril feat lol

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

I'd like to see a psyker feat that gives some kind of bonus for swapping back and forth between power and gun kills. Although honestly that'd be a sick feat for any class, one that encourages weapon swapping

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i've been out of the game for a few months, did the balance stuff do anything about powersword veterans being so much more effective than e.g. any psyker?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

i've been out of the game for a few months, did the balance stuff do anything about powersword veterans being so much more effective than e.g. any psyker?

today they buffed the power sword and nerfed almost all the psyker melee weapons lol

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Psyker started out the weakest class by far and has received like three straight patches of nerfs

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

lmao jesus fatshark

see y'all in a few more months

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Does anyone know if headtaker (+ damage on hit) activates with each enemy hit, or wit each swing? Because if it's with each enemy hit that's nearly a full stack of bonus damage when applied to the thunder hammer

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Does anyone know if headtaker (+ damage on hit) activates with each enemy hit, or wit each swing? Because if it's with each enemy hit that's nearly a full stack of bonus damage when applied to the thunder hammer
It's each enemy hit. The real power play is to put it on a heavy blade though, since its version of headtaker is three times as strong and it can hit 8 targets on a light attack.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

I'm a big fan of shock and awe, which should pair nicely with it because I will constantly be hitting every enemy

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Ciaphas posted:

lmao jesus fatshark

see y'all in a few more months

The patch before this one saw them actually get a fairly nice buff thanks to changes on their warp charges, plus a few other things. I know I've found playing mine a lot more enjoyable.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Feb 23, 2023

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

megane posted:

Psyker started out the weakest class by far and has received like three straight patches of nerfs

Psyker is in the same state Sienna was, some very specific high performing builds that feel like they veer into "is this intended or a bug?" territory that bring them into the heights of "almost as good as the good character" and then 3 months later fatshark says "no it's not intended" and nerfs everything hard and repeatedly before they get some pity buffs.

With a side helping of patch that accidently breaks something horribly.

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

Magitek posted:

That’s excellent, but I’d go with the Slaughterer blessing if possible. A bonus of up to 75% Power with basically full uptime against hordes is crazy good.

:black101:

My big boy was blessed with this soon after hitting 30, but then got crap weekly missions so I haven't really used it. Even if my zealot is better at killing, I love pushing hordes around as Ogryn. Wish it had a funny slap instead of an uppercut.

The Demilich posted:

Wait, you really can't emote in mission?
lmfao, what was the point of even ripping off this feature from another game?

You hold space to bring up the emote wheel. There's no keybinds available for them :psyduck:
Also
https://i.imgur.com/oQTOozz.mp4

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Finally got to play a bit and mess around with the new patch. Went through all my characters and liquidated as many blessings as I could. One downside to their change on earning blessings is I had saved up a bunch of low tier blessings to "combine" and those are all junk now. Not the worst problem to have!

I immediately replaced the blessings on my favorite guns that were looking for 1 more synergistic blessing which was really nice.

I found that pinning fire ++++ is more important on bolter than rending, as my 380 bolter with rending +4 and pinning fire +1 was weaker than a worse statted bolter with rending +4 and pinning fire +3. I bought a bunch of bolters from the shop and managed to get 2 upgradeable ones (the shop stats were like 290-375 which is way too big a range, most were under 330 i think they will probably end up tweaking that) and from those one of them rolled Pinning Fire +3 so I slapped rending on it and it owns.

So far that means the new crafting has been a big hit for me, I got a slightly better bolter than I had yesterday + I know the gameplay loop to upgrade and its achievable. I played all damnation missions and won all but 1 and got tons of plasteel and dockets to fuel my next upgrade quest (lasgun). I will use my melk bucks to hunt for the high end blessings I am missing. I also found that consecration was giving me tier 3 blessings quite often.

The melk missions are all way easier and so I am looking forward to being able to clear them on all my characters in the same time I cleared 1 character prior to the patch.

Big success IMO and the game even ran better on my 1080, was getting solid 60-80 FPS on low on a gaming laptop. Worst part of the patch is that dogs no longer fly into the sky but they are still hard to shoot, annoying! I also saw that characters call out the flamethrower guy now instead of going "WAHHH WHATS DAT?!?!"

Looking forward to a real content drop now, as I think the character progression loop right now is FINE - I'd prefer no RNG and no loot hunting, but its not bad.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Yeah, patch is a big win for me. Been stocking up on good-looking base weapons, plus neat possible buffs to add to them. Spent time between matches just looking over the shops, pulling blessings I liked off mediocre weapons, and making a few really neat guns and melee weapons for some of my characters.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

BeeSeeBee posted:

:black101:

My big boy was blessed with this soon after hitting 30, but then got crap weekly missions so I haven't really used it. Even if my zealot is better at killing, I love pushing hordes around as Ogryn. Wish it had a funny slap instead of an uppercut.

You hold space to bring up the emote wheel. There's no keybinds available for them :psyduck:
Also
https://i.imgur.com/oQTOozz.mp4

Are they actually emotes this time, or static poses like in v2?

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Nah, actually animations this time around, thankfully.

Still want my "For the Emperor!" button in missions, though.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

megane posted:

Honestly, the most fun I had with the psyker was in the closed beta.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

I'm really confused why they added emotes that are only applicable in the hub. Specifically because people asked for a way to emote for the emperor, and Fatshark specifically referenced DRG's V key when they first brought it up.

Love to emote at strangers and not the people on my team!

Also my emote wheel on psyker was completely blank and had no emotes in any of the sockets. Am I supposed to customize it in a menu somewhere?

On the plus side its great to see the contracts revamped. I'm a little curious if your squads killing methods still count for your own personal tally though. I had some teammates smashing every scab with hammers and I noticed my contract didn't fill up much at all. Beforehand it counted you and your teammates killing methods.

uncalled for!
Dec 26, 2006

You can find and bind your emotes in the cosmetics tab

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Ah, the tab I never bothered with since all the default outfits you can buy are.... yeah.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Kaddish posted:

I see. Lol dude.

Patch is literally 99% of what everyone was asking for, you get emperors boxes every run, you can craft grays (told you so, you fuckers) and get them to orange in a couple of missions, plus blessings are account wide, not character only and its still just a minor patch, guys. loving lol :v:

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

Cognac McCarthy posted:

I'm a big fan of shock and awe, which should pair nicely with it because I will constantly be hitting every enemy
Ooh yeah that sounds good, I gotta get me one of those. But maybe slaughterer would be a better fit instead of headtaker? It's per kill but gives three times as much power, so even just two kills pulls you ahead already.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Magitek posted:

That’s excellent, but I’d go with the Slaughterer blessing if possible. A bonus of up to 75% Power with basically full uptime against hordes is crazy good.

I didn't have a Slaughterer sticker when I slapped this on. :(

But I do now. :unsmigghh:

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

dogstile posted:

Patch is literally 99% of what everyone was asking for, you get emperors boxes every run, you can craft grays (told you so, you fuckers) and get them to orange in a couple of missions, plus blessings are account wide, not character only and its still just a minor patch, guys. loving lol :v:

It might have far reaching impact and looks positive but it's largely a systems balance patch, not a big content patch or anything, and that's still a huge thing that people want

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Just because there's other stuff people want doesn't mean that this patch is minor. It's got a lot of changes that improve the game a lot so I really don't understand the quibbling over whether this a 'huge' patch or not.

I'm sure a content patch is coming regardless.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

More games need to just shamelessly rip off Tribes' voice commands system. VGS VGTG VGCA. It would work great as a lead into autoresponses from other characters on the team. VFE (FOR THE EMPRAH).

Can blessings be upgraded once they're ripped out of weapons? IE if I yank a level 1 blessing out will yanking the same level 1 blessing out of another weapon "level up" my usable blessing to 2?

I guess the new progression cycle is play missions => buy greys => upgrade greys that have good stats and pray for a good blessing / trait / whatever => burn weapons that turn out bad => repeat?

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

There's no way to upgrade blessings, and you can't surrender a blessing more than once. So if you roll a blessing you've already unlocked on a weapon that's not worth upgrading, you have to sell the weapon for credits instead

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

sushibandit posted:

Can blessings be upgraded once they're ripped out of weapons? IE if I yank a level 1 blessing out will yanking the same level 1 blessing out of another weapon "level up" my usable blessing to 2?

I guess the new progression cycle is play missions => buy greys => upgrade greys that have good stats and pray for a good blessing / trait / whatever => burn weapons that turn out bad => repeat?

No, you can't "upgrade" blessings in your library like that. You have to find each tier of a blessing to turn in to Hadron to unlock it.

Generally it's going to be keep an eye on the Armoury Exchange for t1/t2 blessings, Melks store for t3/t4 blessings, and use crafting for extra rolls on higher tier blessings on general while trying to make a good weapon.

Someone on Reddit did a bunch of grey item buys from the new store and you shouldn't rely on it for high base power items, the chance of hitting 370+ after three hundred rolls was like ~1.57%.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

dogstile posted:

Oooo that's nice.
I was expecting to have to run the gauntlet on each drat character.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Is this the patch that allows mods yet or is that coming up at a later date in a larger patch?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Later date probably

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

AndyElusive posted:

Is this the patch that allows mods yet or is that coming up at a later date in a larger patch?

It is supposed to be in this patch but have to see what the modders do

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Tagichatn posted:

Just because there's other stuff people want doesn't mean that this patch is minor. It's got a lot of changes that improve the game a lot so I really don't understand the quibbling over whether this a 'huge' patch or not.

I'm sure a content patch is coming regardless.

It's mostly that "99% of what people were asking for" is not even remotely true

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Thirsty Dog posted:

It's mostly that "99% of what people were asking for" is not even remotely true

There are a couple posters in this thread who get mad at me when I post even tepid criticism of this game. Idgi. I even like the game and think this patch is a step in the right direction. I'm allowed to also be underwhelmed given how long it took to get here, and how the changes aren't explosive enough to get my friends to come back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Crafting is a step in the right direction, yea.

But the store still sucks poo poo.
Melk still sells absolute trash.
Crafting is godawful and almost wholly pointless.

But at least I can change out some blessings and get... 50 more plasteel per level 3 game?