Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Only if the colony is allowed to have a Guillermo, maybe a Gourmand with Tough and Brawler and melee 20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duct Tape Engineer
Feb 16, 2005

Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?

QuarkJets posted:

Only if the colony is allowed to have a Guillermo, maybe a Gourmand with Tough and Brawler and melee 20

20 shooting as well; remember he is a crack shot with a crossbow and thrown stakes.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Kinda peeved at how I need to be full on ROBOTICIZE ME CAP'N just to get sleep accelerators and neural superchargers. :mad: Only mod I can find to unlock them in general opens everything in the ideo tab so it's a loving mess.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Kitfox88 posted:

Kinda peeved at how I need to be full on ROBOTICIZE ME CAP'N just to get sleep accelerators and neural superchargers. :mad: Only mod I can find to unlock them in general opens everything in the ideo tab so it's a loving mess.

You can remove the ideology requirements of individual buildings using RIMMSqol

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Kitfox88 posted:

You just need 1 pawn with the correct ideoligion, then they can build all of the transhumanism stuff while the rest of your pawns dig in the dirt with sticks or make love to animals or whatever else non-transhumanists are into.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

QuarkJets posted:

You just need 1 pawn with the correct ideoligion, then they can build all of the transhumanism stuff while the rest of your pawns dig in the dirt with sticks or make love to animals or whatever else non-transhumanists are into.

IIRC this pawn can also be a slave if pluralism isn't really in your play style (might be wrong on that one)

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I don't get it, you guys want to have meat limbs?

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Coolguye posted:

IIRC this pawn can also be a slave if pluralism isn't really in your play style (might be wrong on that one)

Yeah, this sets up a cool notional scenario where you're raiding Transhumanist populations looking to enslave a single qualified builder. Nude tree-fuckers striking in the night to carry off friends and loved ones to live in a fetid cave full of machinery which they were forced to build themselves, hidden away from the eyes of the happy trees and their happy caretakers.

Of course it's Rimworld so you'll surely have the chance to pick one up from the wreckage of a raid in the first couple of years!

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I just found it's an option in Tweaks Galore so I turned that on and deal with having 8 billion floor options :shobon: Also deep storage is fun it's nice having a storeroom full of boxes and shelves rather than a huge warehouse of random poo poo

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

LonsomeSon posted:

Yeah, this sets up a cool notional scenario where you're raiding Transhumanist populations looking to enslave a single qualified builder. Nude tree-fuckers striking in the night to carry off friends and loved ones to live in a fetid cave full of machinery which they were forced to build themselves, hidden away from the eyes of the happy trees and their happy caretakers.

Of course it's Rimworld so you'll surely have the chance to pick one up from the wreckage of a raid in the first couple of years!

It's just the Pakleds kidnapping Geordi nonstop. "Make us sleep fast! Then we'll be strong!"

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Danaru posted:

I don't get it, you guys want to have meat limbs?

Meat arms is nessisary for jewelry and magical jewerly and that's about it. Otherwise metal arms are superior.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

SugarAddict posted:

Meat arms is nessisary for jewelry and magical jewerly and that's about it. Otherwise metal arms are superior.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2739055353

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

I'm using that and it's not perfect.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

not having to worry about a loss of manipulation because someone had a loving pinky get blown off by a stray pistol bullet is honestly exhibit A in the presentation titled "why you should definitely have metal arms"

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Exhibit B is not having your only good cook spend 80% of his time in a mental break because ouch oof this scar on my leg somehow crosses the threshold to get a -10 mood boost so now the whole colony is food poisoned and your cook is even more upset because now his tummy hurts and he's too busy puking to cook meals that don't poison people and you just give up on this rear end in a top hat and switch entirely to paste but now he's mad about making GBS threads AND eating paste so he goes berserk and punches the paste machine to death and you just draft your soldier to cleave him apart with a monosword

Or something like that

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Danaru posted:

Exhibit B is not having your only good cook spend 80% of his time in a mental break because ouch oof this scar on my leg somehow crosses the threshold to get a -10 mood boost so now the whole colony is food poisoned and your cook is even more upset because now his tummy hurts and he's too busy puking to cook meals that don't poison people and you just give up on this rear end in a top hat and switch entirely to paste but now he's mad about making GBS threads AND eating paste so he goes berserk and punches the paste machine to death and you just draft your soldier to cleave him apart with a monosword

Or something like that

Well that's when you give your ideoligion the Pain is Virtue meme and tell all your pawns that all those itchy scars and tummy aches are good actually.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Danaru posted:

Or something like that

the fact that people do not eventually get used to their scars like that is absolutely in the top 5 things that piss me off about this game. it reminds me of the ancient era where you used to get random mood spikes and troughs because tynan coded in some moodlets that were literally "for no particular reason, i feel great today +10" or "for no particular reason, i feel awful today -10".

like yes, i get it, chronic pain is a bitch and does terrible things to people, but holy crap son people adapt, why are you still just as pissed off about this wound as you were the day you got it.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Well that's when you give your ideoligion the Pain is Virtue meme and tell all your pawns that all those itchy scars and tummy aches are good actually.

Absolutely the best meme pick. No more complaints about pain, or comfort, or temperature, or lack of tables, or seeing dead bodies...

Eliminating all the chairs from workbenches is also a pretty sizable resource and wealth savings!

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

gently caress that, you can take my workshop seating from my cold, chromed hands. I don't care if there's a mechanical benefit.

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !

SugarAddict posted:

I'm using that and it's not perfect.

I like MSE2 a lot more for this : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2056706586&

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

“Prosthesis parts can be damaged, and will need to be replaced when destroyed”

Oh dear god noooooooo

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

My colonists keep getting mad theyre tired or hungry when drafted to deal with the various raids and going on drug binges. Now I have five pawns addicted to psychite from chugging tea for two straight days.

Their legs have been removed and theyre noe recuperating in the medical bay.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Drone_Fragger posted:

My colonists keep getting mad theyre tired or hungry when drafted to deal with the various raids and going on drug binges. Now I have five pawns addicted to psychite from chugging tea for two straight days.

Sounds like you need some gene modding. Everything is better with gene modding.

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !

Kestral posted:

“Prosthesis parts can be damaged, and will need to be replaced when destroyed”

Oh dear god noooooooo

It still heals, it's only destroyed if the limb is completely blown off, the only difference from vanilla is that you can actually lose a finger off your cyber arm instead of the whole arm at once.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

isndl posted:

Sounds like you need some gene modding. Everything is better with gene modding.

I dont have any dlc. I refuse to buy it on principle (said principle being i have no money for videogames)

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Kafouille posted:

It still heals, it's only destroyed if the limb is completely blown off, the only difference from vanilla is that you can actually lose a finger off your cyber arm instead of the whole arm at once.

assuming they have similar hit point values, losing a finger or toe happen for basically no reason at all and still compromises the limb proportionally to the number of digits (losing a pinky is equivalent to losing a thumb and gives you -10% manipulation with that limb).

though i presume replacing it is a little easier. what is it, like a component and a few minutes in a bed so the doctor can take a welder to you?

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Portrait of Cheems II of Spain by Jabona Neftman, olo pint on fird

Drone_Fragger posted:

Can you just remove a pawn's cyber legs when they're doing dumb bullshit on a mental break, then give them back when they're finished?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

mod idea, remotely detachable limbs.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

pixaal posted:

finally, maiming prisoners starts to make some real practical sense

imagine taking like 6 pirates prisoner, giving them remotely detachable legs, and then when the next raid shows up you hit the button and half of the assault force just slumps to the ground

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

pixaal posted:

I forget what mod, maybe CE or one of the bionic mods, but EMP shocks would disable the bionics of the pawn.

So you could EMP em and they'd drop.

Problematic if they have a bionic heart or lung though.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think CE does that but also vanilla does it if you have a brain implant, EMP gives you a consciousness debuff.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

pixaal posted:

genetic trait that blows all limbs off if the torso takes a hard enough hit, crash test dummy toy style

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

I think CE does that but also vanilla does it if you have a brain implant, EMP gives you a consciousness debuff.

brain shock knocks you straight out cold if you're hit with EMP. if you are a very post-scarcity sort of colony you can absolutely do the "weaken enemy faction" thing by installing circadian half-cyclers in enemy prisoners and releasing them. the -15% consciousness will hurt their moving and manipulation and make them worse fighters when they see you again, and furthermore it makes them susceptible to brain shock.

imo if you are honestly considering doing this you should get the gently caress on with your victory condition though. wooden hands and two wooden peg legs are enough.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Feb 25, 2023

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Wait, if you release prisoners they might show back up again later? That's rad.

Also I had my first colony that went long enough for childbirth baby to go to kid status and it's just adorable watching this little bastard run around in his light up devilstrand sneakers and his helmet (better safe than sorry!) His nickname also became Jerk :lmao:

I noticed while having his mom play with him as a baby that since they're incapacitated you can Finish Off a baby. The skin alive mod on the workshop? Whatever, people are weird, but not gonna lie noticing that option when clicking on him legit turned my stomach a bit. Luckily him being a little goober is really cute and enough to make up for it before I stopped for the night.

Kitfox88 fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Feb 25, 2023

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
One of my colonists just had triplets, and with 100% speed normal aging on for kids we are in for the long haul. The first born colony child is approaching 10 soon which will be nice.

Gonna have to hop in the dropship and find a new artic home soon, extreme desert was a fun challenge but I need more mountain space to expand into and set up my conveyer belt network. I'm like 80% of the way there automating my post raid clean up process but the narrow space Im working with means the belts are a tangle even with underground belts.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Kitfox88 posted:

Wait, if you release prisoners they might show back up again later? That's rad.

yep, in pretty much exactly the state you left them in. there is a Stupid Gamer Trick wherein if you force-feed luci to a prisoner and let them go, when you see them again they will be carrying like 3-4 pills of luci for the jankiest catch and release program ever

naturally however in practice you don't want to do this because it involves fighting someone who is high on luci

it IS, however, both practical and useful to replace prisoner hands with wooden hands and legs with peg legs simply because it's free surgery experience for your doctors. if they fail in a dumb as gently caress way and end up cutting out the prisoner's lung who gives a poo poo they're just a prisoner and if they succeed the and the guy shows up again he'll be bad at moving and bad at fighting.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Replace a prisoner's legs with pegs and arms with pegs, get him alcohol addicition and smokeleaf addiction , and set them loose.
The alcohol and smokeleaf addiction would make them slow and easily disabled after just a few pokes.

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Feb 25, 2023

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Coolguye posted:

though i presume replacing it is a little easier. what is it, like a component and a few minutes in a bed so the doctor can take a welder to you?

I do appreciate how the repair sound/graphic is always a welder. Wooden wall? Welder. Fire foam popper? Welder. Mortar currently loaded with a live antigrain warhead? Weld it.

Also hello again Coolguye I hope you are well

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Mzbundifund posted:

I do appreciate how the repair sound/graphic is always a welder. Wooden wall? Welder. Fire foam popper? Welder. Mortar currently loaded with a live antigrain warhead? Weld it.

Also hello again Coolguye I hope you are well

i am! i released the video game i was working on that was keeping me away from the forums! well, early access still, but getting this far is honestly the majority of the work. thanks for the well wishes! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aerion111
Nov 29, 2011

Prodigy of Curiosity.
Master of Jacks.
Apprentice of Masks.
And, when fighting the forces of darkness, always remember: "Armor of Darkness, Weapon of Light"

Coolguye posted:

it reminds me of the ancient era where you used to get random mood spikes and troughs because tynan coded in some moodlets that were literally "for no particular reason, i feel great today +10" or "for no particular reason, i feel awful today -10".

Before Ideology, I actually had my custom scenario setup to add 'random' psychic drones (it was technically 'every X days', but I wouldn't have planned for it even if I could be bothered to) to achieve a similar 'random variance'. Because a permanent penalty to mood is too annoying, but an occasional one functions as a stress-test of your colony.
With a x0.5 multiplier on beauty too, to make it a bit harder to create statue-gardens to send pawns off into to cool down, it became almost challenging to keep the colony operational even when there wasn't anything serious going on. Still not enough to make me want to play on Phoebe, though.

Post-Ideology, I don't need psychic drones. I just need to juggle some incompatible ideologions. And/or use some challenging beliefs, like the ones that demand hospitals, art, etcetera.
Bonus points if the main one has a 'meat is meat' attitude towards cannibalism, while any minority-beliefs despise it. (Hey, if it's ok for a pig-man to eat the flesh of sapient pigs (PawnMorpher, whether a rare high-sapience random spawn, or a raider hit by the right sort of effects), why wouldn't it be ok to eat the flesh of some devil-looking humanoid that might have less in common, genetically?)