Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Vulcans walk like this *walks logically, in perfect symmetry* while bajorans walk like this *sighing as you must once again arrest a comrade from the resistance*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
"No, I'm standing before you! I fell into a temporal anomaly."

davidspackage posted:

"Did you catch that Mr. Spouk special on subspace last night? Some really risky stuff about about Bajorans but man was it funny."
"Uh... dude..."
"poo poo. Nerys is standing behind me, isn't she?"

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

zoux posted:

I've said this before but as much as star trek crews get thrown around it's insane that they use touchscreens and have zero safety restraints.

*pushes up glasses* ahem in a deleted scene in Nemesis Captain Picard receives a new captain's chair with built in seatbelt.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

davidspackage posted:

But you'd get big beefcake arms like everyone in Mass Effect, including somehow glass bones Joker.

Low weight, high reps.

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
I don't want to make a thing out of this, but does Mr Spouk hate Bajorans or something? Can Vulcans even feel hate?

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?
He finds them illogical.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

If your religious leader is colder than a night on Rura Penthe - you might be a Bajoran.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
But doctor, I am kai winn!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I'm just saying, he's of Bajor, but he's not of Bajor, if you get what I mean

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

zoux posted:

If your religious leader is colder than a night on Rura Penthe - you might be a Bajoran.

Opaka would like a word.

(Yeah, I know she stopped being the religious leader of Bajor early in S1).

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Opaka would like a word.

(Yeah, I know she stopped being the religious leader of Bajor early in S1).

she was more trouble than she was worth

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Won't someone rid me of this troublesome Vedek?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Tunicate posted:

I'm just saying, he's of Bajor, but he's not of Bajor, if you get what I mean

He's Bajor-ish

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Burning_Monk posted:

Won't someone rid me of this troublesome Vedek?

Gul Dukat wants to know your location

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Before I mastered the thirteen realms of comedy I performed routine engine maintenance throughout this sector. The first Bajoran ship I saw had exceptionally corroded aft manifolds. The second shop also had exceptionally corroded aft manifolds. The third one was the same. It was very irritating. Thankfully, the fifth Bajoran ship arrived when I was approaching my Pon Farr, so that was no problem.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

"Mr. Spouk, I heard that your betrothed left you because you compared her to a Bajoran."
 "That is inaccurate. She left me because I addressed her with a term that was pejorative."
"Ah, I see. What was it that you called her which offended her so?"
 "A Bajoran."

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Prurient Squid posted:

I don't want to make a thing out of this, but does Mr Spouk hate Bajorans or something? Can Vulcans even feel hate?

Your logic in attempting to cancel Mr. Spouk is flawed.

I like how weirdly Picard and Dukat pronounce Bajor and derivatives. Obviously for Picard it's because they just got introduced, but I like to imagine Picard is convinced he's pronouncing it right while Ro is like "ugh, should I tell him? It's really been too long now for me to tell him without it becoming a whole thing..."

For Dukat, it's even better. I imagine he pronounces it Bay-zjor while every Bajoran pronounces it with a hard J, and Dukat firmly believed only he is saying it correctly.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

davidspackage posted:

Your logic in attempting to cancel Mr. Spouk is flawed.

I like how weirdly Picard and Dukat pronounce Bajor and derivatives. Obviously for Picard it's because they just got introduced, but I like to imagine Picard is convinced he's pronouncing it right while Ro is like "ugh, should I tell him? It's really been too long now for me to tell him without it becoming a whole thing..."

For Dukat, it's even better. I imagine he pronounces it Bay-zjor while every Bajoran pronounces it with a hard J, and Dukat firmly believed only he is saying it correctly.

I'd like to this that this was what that fatal confrontation between Confederation Picard and Dukat was like. Before Picard caps Dukat he's just like "SAY. BAJOR. DAMMIT!" :blastu:

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Then there's the early "Bajora" variant (which is not terribly dissimilar to calling people "Vulcanian" early in TOS).

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
It all sounds the same if you’re speaking Klingonee

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

External Organs posted:

Vulcans walk like this *walks logically, in perfect symmetry* while bajorans walk like this *sighing as you must once again arrest a comrade from the resistance*

Hey, y'all ever notice that the ocampa live for like 6 earth years, but vulcans live for 150 earth years? What's up with that?

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
And what's the deal with runabout food

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

wesleywillis posted:

Hey, y'all ever notice that the ocampa live for like 6 earth years, but vulcans live for 150 earth years? What's up with that?

vulcans drive a starship like this:
"adjust heading 0.02 degrees"

ocampa drive a starship like this:
*transcends, dematerializes, blows up warp core*

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Klingon males have two dicks, but Klingon :females: only have one vagina. HOOOOOWWWWW Do they have SEEEXX??

You hear the one about the Ferengi :females: that wore clothes and then went to Bajor?
They went there to acquire PROPHETS!!

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Tighclops posted:

And what's the deal with runabout food

goes bad if you leave it out a minute too long

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

The Ferengi are the only ones actually having any fun in life because everyone else has a tritanium rod up their rear end, is a space Nazi, or both.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Its me I'm the one who's enjoying the new season of Picard.

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

Hollismason posted:

Its me I'm the one who's enjoying the new season of Picard.

i sincerely wish i enjoyed bad trek half as much as you do

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

TengenNewsEditor posted:

i sincerely wish i enjoyed bad trek half as much as you do

I'm very easy to please. It takes a lot for me to watch something and just really not like it.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
All it takes me is turning off my monitor!!

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

skasion posted:

It all sounds the same if you’re speaking Klingonee

Klingots?

I remember like 8 Star Trek threads ago I was making that Enterprise reference and somebody got offended about me being racist to Klingons or something. :allears: Good times!

Hollismason posted:

I'm very easy to please. It takes a lot for me to watch something and just really not like it.

I haven't watched yet because I'm waiting to get together with some people to watch it. I see the 1500 new posts in the other thread and don't know if that means it's real good or real bad... :ohdear:

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
The problem with Bajoran spiritual leaders is the best ones always sacrifice themselves clearing the way forward for the psychos.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
What TNG episode has that clip people sometimes meme on of Riker appearing in a distress call or something on the bridge of the D, video filled with static while the Enterprise is about to explode? I wonder if I've seen it already and forgotten it.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Arivia posted:

What TNG episode has that clip people sometimes meme on of Riker appearing in a distress call or something on the bridge of the D, video filled with static while the Enterprise is about to explode? I wonder if I've seen it already and forgotten it.

Are you thinking of Parallels?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Technowolf posted:

Are you thinking of Parallels?

Yes, that's correct: https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Parallels_(episode)?file=Riker_gone_mad.jpg

I haven't seen it yet, cool.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Astroman posted:

Klingots?

I remember like 8 Star Trek threads ago I was making that Enterprise reference and somebody got offended about me being racist to Klingons or something. :allears: Good times!

I haven't watched yet because I'm waiting to get together with some people to watch it. I see the 1500 new posts in the other thread and don't know if that means it's real good or real bad... :ohdear:

in TAS cyrano jones calls them "klingins" and i have taken to that pronounciation

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Probably in my top 5 TNG episodes, so if you haven't seen it, I hope you enjoy it!

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Hope y'all like Star Trek 2
*Drives into nebula*

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
It’s me, I’m the one who thinks Wrath of Khan is dull

(TMP supremacy)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I watched Nemesis for the first time the other night and tbh I didn’t hate it. It’s not good, but none of the TNG movies are except for First Contact. It certainly wasn’t worse than Generations or Insurrection.