Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
It depends on the deck I guess, but Aero isn’t a turn 5 play most of the time.

It means you have a pretty high winning percentage on 6 if you are already winning in two lanes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Yeah, Aero's basically "get up over 5 in 2 lanes and then Aero the third on Turn 6" now.

I forgot that's also what I saw too much of this morning, just Aero after Aero after Aero. I'm loving done with the game today. Absolute bullshit all loving week that it's even killing my zen.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Snazzy Frocks posted:

So aero is just basically 'you win the game on turn 5'?

If you skipped turn 1-4, yes.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Snazzy Frocks posted:

So aero is just basically 'you win the game on turn 5'?
If you mean "if you're winning on 5 you win on 6" it's kind of true, as in that's what the card wants to do. Though it's actually more unfair than that cause you can aero+titania.

There are a lot of ways to mitigate it - put your devil dino behind cosmo and aero cant sweep your cards there. Fill your lanes with shitters (or infinity stones) and aero cant do anything. Or play dr doom. But she's very powerful and in 50%+ of decks for good reason. In addition a lot of the strategies she totally shits on are kind of unfair and require a hard counter (deathwave, shuri pass 5 -> she hulk taskmaster, galactcunt) so I kind of like her I'd be forced to run leech or something otherwise and even though leech/sandman are weaker than aero I think aero is more fun+interactive.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Feb 24, 2023

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Hah, I just had some poor bastard finish out a Raft before I did, but he did it with Swordmaster, who promptly made him discard the 0 cost Odin it gave him. We had a nice "AARRGH!" "Deadpool" emote exchange and he played the game out (I won, yay). Funniest thing I've seen in game in a while.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I think part of why aero gets played a lot is because it makes you feel smart. Movement and counter cards are fun to play.

But the main reason is that you can 5+1 and put down winning power on the last turn.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Just ruined some dude's Deadpool by setting it's power to 0 with Hazmat. Took him destroying it a second time to realize it wasn't going to gain any power

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Scrap Dragon posted:

Just ruined some dude's Deadpool by setting it's power to 0 with Hazmat. Took him destroying it a second time to realize it wasn't going to gain any power

Did they not have Nova or already use their Nova when Deadpool wasn't out?

It's still worth killing a Deadpool at 0 power if it's the only thing you can kill and you want that kill count to go up to bring Death's price down

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Is putting Ghost Rider in a MODOK Swarm deck crazy? I don't think I've seen it done, but sometimes you need to start discarding stuff and have Sif and MODOK but not Apocalypse, or SwordMaster fucks up and GRider could save the day there..

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
The reason to play Aero is the premium dopamine hit you get from ruining a Galactus player's day

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

New Leaf posted:

Is putting Ghost Rider in a MODOK Swarm deck crazy? I don't think I've seen it done, but sometimes you need to start discarding stuff and have Sif and MODOK but not Apocalypse, or SwordMaster fucks up and GRider could save the day there..

It rarely happens, but Ghost Rider bringing back Hela feels really good when it goes off. I took Swarm out of my discard deck recently, though.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Chainclaw posted:

It rarely happens, but Ghost Rider bringing back Hela feels really good when it goes off. I took Swarm out of my discard deck recently, though.

Actually Ghost Rider brings back Hela ALL THE TIME

Not for me because I don't have Ghost Rider, but for my opponents she's like the #1 card he brings back

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I have been victimized for the first time of thinking rickety bridge was eternity range :(

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
Bucky Barnes dying on the Rickety Bridge and coming back as Winter Soldier is both incredibly thematic and also wins me a lot of games.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
lol I snap to give him Electro's ongoing through Oscorp Tower, X Academy gives him Leader. I am having a lot of fun

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Chainclaw posted:

Yeah but Hela isn't even used in this deck, Sif cycles Apocalypse and Swordmaster is meant to cycle Wolverine or Swarm or maybe Apoc if he's lucky.. but on the off chance he burns the wrong thing, Ghost could bring back a clutch MODOK or something.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

New Leaf posted:

Yeah but Hela isn't even used in this deck, Sif cycles Apocalypse and Swordmaster is meant to cycle Wolverine or Swarm or maybe Apoc if he's lucky.. but on the off chance he burns the wrong thing, Ghost could bring back a clutch MODOK or something.

Are you running anything to beef up Swarm? I've played against decks that flood the board with Swarm once or twice and it feels underwhelming to have a board full of 3 power Swarms, but maybe they were just playing the deck wrong?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Chainclaw posted:

Are you running anything to beef up Swarm? I've played against decks that flood the board with Swarm once or twice and it feels underwhelming to have a board full of 3 power Swarms, but maybe they were just playing the deck wrong?
3 power swarms are still good. You see people try to highroll nakia but its pretty bad. 6 free power is a lot and it can make you aero proof. The bigger issue is getting waved or sandmanned and then your dracula is in trouble.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Chainclaw posted:

Did they not have Nova or already use their Nova when Deadpool wasn't out?

It's still worth killing a Deadpool at 0 power if it's the only thing you can kill and you want that kill count to go up to bring Death's price down

He did have Nova, unfortunately I laid Hazmat down on top of Wong. Seems like he didn't have Death cause he retreated after the second time.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I’m starting to wonder if America is good in my Galactus deck… I guess the idea is since she can’t be drawn until the last turn, it gives a better chance to get Galactus.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

No Wave posted:

3 power swarms are still good. You see people try to highroll nakia but its pretty bad. 6 free power is a lot and it can make you aero proof. The bigger issue is getting waved or sandmanned and then your dracula is in trouble.

That wong + gambit + odin deck going around would also wipe out a swarm board.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Chainclaw posted:

That combo would wipe out a lot of boards...

Angry-Alphs
Feb 24, 2019

Chainclaw posted:

Im running a weird generate cards/full hand then nuke it to pump up both collector and Morbius.

Discarding helicarrier to gain 3 power to collector, 2 to Morbius and generate potential options can really surprise opponent. Turn 6 having 4+ swarm to nuke with Modok is also alot of unexpected power. Shang Chi is included as a tech against Shuri decks.

# (1) Quinjet
# (2) Morbius
# (2) The Collector
# (2) Maria Hill
# (2) Swarm
# (2) Colleen Wing
# (3) Agent Coulson
# (3) Lady Sif
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Hellcow
# (5) M.O.D.O.K.
# (6) Helicarrier
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTGFkeVNpZiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSGVsbGNvdyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTW9yYml1cyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3dhcm0ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNvbGxlZW5XaW5nIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNYXJpYUhpbGwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1vZG9rIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJRdWluamV0In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBZ2VudENvdWxzb24ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNoYW5nQ2hpIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJIZWxpY2FycmllciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiVGhlQ29sbGVjdG9yIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Chainclaw posted:

It wipes out 6 cards and puts minimal power on the board itself. Decks which put out a lot of cards (which having two zero-energy drops does) do well against it as every card you’ve played above 6 leaves you some power on the board and even weak chaff means more chance of the chaff being hit rather than your powerhouses.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I’m starting to wonder if America is good in my Galactus deck… I guess the idea is since she can’t be drawn until the last turn, it gives a better chance to get Galactus.

I think she’s good. Like you said more chance of pulling Galactus t1-5 when it matters and if you’ve pulled him then it at least guarantees a decent amount of power to drop in his lane.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

drat you all weren't kidding about how horrible moving over 600CL is.

Gaussian
Sep 20, 2001

I'll give you a box of chocolates if you kill me.

Nap Ghost
Any good Sentry decks? I just pulled him and feel obliged to try since he's one of my only pool 4 cards.

Also, it's fun to think of cards they should add. Like how would you design a card for Gwenpool or Silk or Spider Gwen?

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Gaussian posted:

Any good Sentry decks? I just pulled him and feel obliged to try since he's one of my only pool 4 cards.

Also, it's fun to think of cards they should add. Like how would you design a card for Gwenpool or Silk or Spider Gwen?

Any deck with Carnage and Viper should be fine for Sentry. He's good power and both of them as followups should take care of the negative on him.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Must've thought that they were so clever with their strategy.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Chainclaw posted:

I do have Nakia and Okoye but Swarm is kind of the icing on the cake. And granted, this isn't a deck I break out often, but I've tried to cut down on my rotation per people's suggestion and I do like MODOK but don't entirely trust it, but it is one of my few cube-positive decks so I play it when DeathWave gets stale.

Collector and Morbius both benefit from MODOK, Moon Girl can get you extra Swarms and Wolverines, Apocalypse is great because he can churn a few times with discards and get huge and actually see some play unlike Drac decks, and if all else fails you have America to fall back on while filling in gaps with 0 cost Swarms. When it works, it works well. But it hinges on MODOK being in your hand on 5 rather than discards leading up to the end. That's why I was asking about Ghost Rider, he could be the "oh poo poo" button that saves the day if MODOK accidentally gets discarded by Swordmaster or something. Theoretically I'd only use GRider on turn 5 to save MODOK from oblivion and Retreat on 5 if either of them hadn't come up.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
lol loving space throne showing/reminding people how good Green Goblin is

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Used my banked gold on Deadpool bundle and got 300 tokens and a Bucky pixel variant. This sucks

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

It's annoying that Bucky variants don't affect Winter Soldier

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

buffalo all day posted:

Used my banked gold on Deadpool bundle and got 300 tokens and a Bucky pixel variant. This sucks

I know you’re a fair bit ahead of me but it was like 6 boxes? How’d you get two items!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

New Leaf posted:

I do have Nakia and Okoye but Swarm is kind of the icing on the cake. And granted, this isn't a deck I break out often, but I've tried to cut down on my rotation per people's suggestion and I do like MODOK but don't entirely trust it, but it is one of my few cube-positive decks so I play it when DeathWave gets stale.

Collector and Morbius both benefit from MODOK, Moon Girl can get you extra Swarms and Wolverines, Apocalypse is great because he can churn a few times with discards and get huge and actually see some play unlike Drac decks, and if all else fails you have America to fall back on while filling in gaps with 0 cost Swarms. When it works, it works well. But it hinges on MODOK being in your hand on 5 rather than discards leading up to the end. That's why I was asking about Ghost Rider, he could be the "oh poo poo" button that saves the day if MODOK accidentally gets discarded by Swordmaster or something. Theoretically I'd only use GRider on turn 5 to save MODOK from oblivion and Retreat on 5 if either of them hadn't come up.

My MODOK deck is a bit richer than that and I don't know if you can run it, but it doesn't run Swordmaster or Sif.

Zabu and Shuri are optional, but the occasional opportunity to throw out a 16-power or 18-power finisher is very strong.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
This Sera/Luke Cage deck is really fun: https://marvelsnapzone.com/sera-miracle-is-evolving-toxic-sera-deck-highlight-and-gameplay/

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

I ran into this into the wild a few days ago while running my usual Cage/Hazmat/Odin deck and was very confused by what they were trying to do - cheers for the explainer, I've been curious ever since lol

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Jedit posted:

My MODOK deck is a bit richer than that and I don't know if you can run it, but it doesn't run Swordmaster or Sif.

Zabu and Shuri are optional, but the occasional opportunity to throw out a 16-power or 18-power finisher is very strong.

I lack Colleen and Dracula. Not sure if there are viable replacements.

psychopomp
Jan 28, 2011

I've run into this a few times the last couple days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Sandwolf posted:

I know you’re a fair bit ahead of me but it was like 6 boxes? How’d you get two items!

300 tokens would be a reward from a reserve that would have had a s3 card, a variant is just a cosmetic so those come from different boxes. 6 boxes almost certainly means you're getting one each cosmetic, currency, token, and card boxes plus a second one of two of those, though you could get 3 of 1 kind and just 1 each of the other 3 depending on where in the 4-box cycle you were.

i finally finished s3! level 3227 now, just waiting for the tokens to come rolling in. last card was fuckin Goose.

Still rolling with The Sean's chonk deck primarily, it's very fun and sometimes challenging to play. Wish I had Shuri since I rarely ever play shulk.