Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

Has the new(ish) big picture mode update completely hosed playing non-steam games for anyone else?

Since the update whenever I try to launch a non-steam game, steam doesn't switch focus to the game window, and it sets my controller into desktop mode. So even if I grab my keyboard and manually alt-tab into the game window, the pop-up keyboard will randomly show up every time I press the left stick.

For similar reasons, now it's pretty much impossible to do in-home streaming with those games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Game developers, please use care when coding your offensive term lists

https://twitter.com/InternetH0F/status/1629097345122983936

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Ragequit posted:

We are the K***hts who say "Ni-"

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Ragequit posted:

alternatively take the fromsoft approach of having a japanese developer craft your english offensive terms list, because it's funny

https://mod.gib.me/darksouls2/ngword/english.txt

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

repiv posted:

alternatively take the fromsoft approach of having a japanese developer craft your english offensive terms list, because it's funny

banned words posted:

dog

:staredog:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

repiv posted:

God forbid I have a j*b

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

repiv posted:

...enema?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
kn*ckers

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

There is no legitimate use for the word Cleveland.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

GreenBuckanneer posted:

God forbid I have a j*b

Jeb!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
To be fair Jeb is an offensive term without the !

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

can't w**f either

:woof:

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

New puzzle bundle in Humble is pretty nice if just for the two main bits:
Baba Is You
Dorfromantik
Creaks
Last Campfire
Monument Valley
Monument Valley II
Darq

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/...puzzlers_bundle

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

That's a pretty solid bundle all around.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Rebel Blob posted:

There is no legitimate use for the word Cleveland.

Cl*****nd *ocks

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

repiv posted:

I notice 'assbutt' is fine.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Lunsku posted:

Baba Is You
Dorfromantik
Creaks
Last Campfire
Monument Valley
Monument Valley II
Darq

Probably not news to anyone but Baba is You is one of the best puzzle games ever made, worth getting the bundle for that alone. I've had Dorfromantik and Monument Valley on my wishlist for a while as well, maybe I'll pick this one up.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Probably not news to anyone but Baba is You is one of the best puzzle games ever made, worth getting the bundle for that alone. I've had Dorfromantik and Monument Valley on my wishlist for a while as well, maybe I'll pick this one up.

Dorfromantik is really lovely. Peaceful and gorgeous. There's an endless mode if you decide you just want to look at nice tiles.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Lunsku posted:

Baba Is You
Dorfromantik
Creaks
Last Campfire
Monument Valley
Monument Valley II
Darq

Some very good games, but I would personally call it the "Ragequit Bundle" with the inclusion of Baba Is You. Absolutely loved the game, but it frequently made me feel dumb.

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

Yes, but it also makes you feel incredibly smart occasionally!

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Lunsku posted:

Baba Is You
Dorfromantik
Creaks
Last Campfire
Monument Valley
Monument Valley II
Darq

7 of the 7 are top tier games

really the only humble bundle in YEARS where every game is just very good in its own way.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Ratjaculation posted:

KSP2 is only an early access release, at least.

Early access doesn’t count as released and people who say “game’s out!” when it’s just an alpha are losers. I will die on this hill but not before stopping everyone who attacks me

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
Played a bit of Dread Templar, seems very cromulent so far. Kind of brown, some inoffensive metal music in the background, I feel like I've been here before many times. But it's fun enough to plug away at bit by bit over a few days I guess. Hopefully it gets a bit more interesting later on, the second episode already is an improvement on the first I think.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Getting around to playing Returnal, and it's kind of funny that it feels a lot more compact and forgiving than I'd expected. Some reviews made it seem like a ball-busting death march, intended to make you piece together the story through dozens of repeated deaths.

In practice, I managed to get all the way up to the second boss on my first try, and not because I'm particularly good at this kind of game. Similarly, the game also seems quite forthcoming with its story so far, diving right into the weirdness pretty much from the word go.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

:drat:

https://twitter.com/EndNightGame/status/1629252004156682240?s=20

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

We played through The Forest and enjoyed it because it had an alright story you could actually complete. I don't think it was very good as an endless crafting gama ala Valheim or 7 days but for a medium experience it was good.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:

Jossar posted:

I'm pretty sure metametaprogression is just prestige mechanics from idlers/incrementals, aka:

"Complete the metaprogression tree, and then you can reset it, with a bonus allowing you to complete the metaprogression tree faster or unlock new forms of metaprogression!"

Bonus points if there's enough layers of recurring metaprogression that it eventually renders the original game entirely irrelevant.

I made this joke and merely thinking about it got me to play The Prestige Tree again, and after I'm done with that, I kinda want to make another attempt at reinstalling Your Chronicle on Steam.

Metametaprogression, not even once.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

goferchan posted:

FYI if anyone is checking out the Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty demo that launched today and finds it running like poo poo, the Steam version seems to be an older build than the one available on the Microsoft store. The former is capped at 60fps and could barely even maintain that on my 3070 while the latter has a 120fps cap and runs fine. Very weird, but quite the relief because the performance on the Steam demo was shockingly bad.

I can't find how to download it on PC Xbox app? No page for the demo that I can find and it only lets me pre-load the full game and trying to go to the demo store link from the webpage, opens the Xbox app but gives me a 'page can't be found' error.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

WarEternal posted:

I can't find how to download it on PC Xbox app? No page for the demo that I can find and it only lets me pre-load the full game and trying to go to the demo store link from the webpage, opens the Xbox app but gives me a 'page can't be found' error.

You have to do it through the microsoft store rather than the game pass app.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Decided to pick up that Humble Bundle, not sure if I've bought one before this. Already had Baba is You so here's a spare key for whoever wants to redeem it, I just ask that whoever takes it gives the game a serious attempt.

H2TQM-I6RRX-PT3PQ

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Decided to pick up that Humble Bundle, not sure if I've bought one before this. Already had Baba is You so here's a spare key for whoever wants to redeem it, I just ask that whoever takes it gives the game a serious attempt.

H2TQM-I6RRX-PT3PQ
Claimed, thanks!

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

RandolphCarter posted:

Me and a friend are gonna try to sell some unusuals to get the fun bux to buy him a deck. Can you just transfer credit from one account to another, or should we sell the hats from one account?

Pretty sure you can't transfer steam bux to another account. Sell the whatever on one account

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Got some games from the humble bundle that anyone can take if they want

Baba Is You
H3RGY-LCBK9-E0YNB

Dorfromantik
69QVL-IC62P-Z408W

Monument Valley
692L0-PVB6F-XK4NA

Monument Valley 2
5VMVK-YXBN9-JV0WK

DARQ
5KIWN-M7HKZ-VYR4D

Not gonna bother obscuring them since I'm not that fussed honestly.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

bovis posted:

Baba Is You
H3RGY-LCBK9-E0YNB

Grabbed this one, thanks!

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

bovis posted:

Baba Is You
H3RGY-LCBK9-E0YNB

Dorfromantik
69QVL-IC62P-Z408W

Monument Valley
692L0-PVB6F-XK4NA

Monument Valley 2
5VMVK-YXBN9-JV0WK

DARQ
5KIWN-M7HKZ-VYR4D

Not gonna bother obscuring them since I'm not that fussed honestly.

Dofromantik was used. I grabbed darq. Didn't try the others.

Thanks bovis

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

bovis posted:

Monument Valley
692L0-PVB6F-XK4NA

Monument Valley 2
5VMVK-YXBN9-JV0WK

Unfortunately, these two are taken by ninjas

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

re: Gedonia

After struggling with Zegrath for a while, I then struggled with the warriors' guild epic quest (Protect the caravan from demons) and found out that the skill "Stun" was the answer to that one - but now I hit the wall with Darklands. I'm wearing Kainite armor and weapon and some trinkets from the warriors' guild relics merchant (which are very, very good), but the jump to Darklands feels like a huge step in difficulty. I tried some world bosses and the "destroy the spawning point" event, but the dozens of mobs just annihilate me. I suppose I would need a better weapon, but even with best crafted gear, this place feels like too hard at the moment (granted, I still have the lower right corner zone left to explore - maybe I'll head there next).

I'm guessing companion builds would have an easier time, I did try the Diplomat set to go with Starwalker for a while and he did a lot of damage - but I just don't want to give up an armor slot for that.

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Feb 25, 2023

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Resdfru posted:

Dofromantik was used. I grabbed darq. Didn't try the others.

Thanks bovis

Oh, that was me, sorry. Had a browser tab sitting open, forgotten. Thanks bovis.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Ragequit posted:

Age of Wushu censored the word "hor". Including when it was contained in other words, such as "horse". In a game where horses were important and expensive items. So players were just talking about ***ses all day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

im like 6 levels into baba is me and i already feel stupid