Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

justcola posted:

Thank you everybody for the advice! This is the one but I was thinking of other stuff too, I'll shoot him some stuff over, cheers.

I feel more on it recently as my dad (in his 60s) asked me recently if I had heard of Jordan Peterson and had started listening to some of his youtube videos. I saw him a few weeks later and he's switched to a carb-free diet and has been watching Ben Shapiro and other daft poo poo, which took me by surprise a bit. So I'm grateful for the chance to send them some more stuff over and try and influence my family not getting red pilled by youtube shorts.

The Watchdog by Lowkey - young British/Iraqi hip-hop artist for all the :corsair: ITT - is one I've been listening to for a bit recently.

The production values are a bit all over the place at times and it doesn't have a regular release schedule, but they're shorter than your average podcast and cover a lot of subjects about the British establishment's connections with general far-right international movements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

I assume the did the mandatory genital cheeks before this?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

The Watchdog by Lowkey - young British/Iraqi hip-hop artist for all the :corsair: ITT - is one I've been listening to for a bit recently.

The production values are a bit all over the place at times and it doesn't have a regular release schedule, but they're shorter than your average podcast and cover a lot of subjects about the British establishment's connections with general far-right international movements.

His song/video Ahmed is required watching imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNqum-_5RhY

CW: this covers heavy topics about war and child death (it was roughly based on the drowning of 2-2-year old Alan Kurdi / Alan Shenu who washed up in Turkey)

Tesseraction fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Feb 24, 2023

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

We can terf if we want to
We can leave your friends behind
Cause your friends are trans
And if they are trans
Well they're no friends of mine

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Further proof Old Whites are why we can't have fun things

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

OwlFancier posted:

Going to appease the DUP by moving the king over there and ruling the rest of the uk from northern ireland.

If only the King (or last Queen) just said something to the DUP over the years, something like 'hold on now you don't have to do that to follow me', poo poo would be much loving easier.

Edit: UKMT Spring 2023 - Mommy, what was a tomato?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

happyhippy posted:

If only the King (or last Queen) just said something to the DUP over the years, something like 'hold on now you don't have to do that to follow me', poo poo would be much loving easier.

Edit: UKMT Spring 2023 - Mommy, what was a tomato?

If other right wing movements are any indication they would either disbelieve him or install an antiking and claim the actual king is betraying the true british tradition.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
There were fundie conspiracy nutters saying that if Charles didn't say he was the leader of the True Protestant Church then the country would automatically fall apart.

I mean it seems like it's been doing that for a while but like literally Jesus would withdraw the king-magic from him and the whole thing would 'stop working'.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Guavanaut posted:

There were fundie conspiracy nutters saying that if Charles didn't say he was the leader of the True Protestant Church then the country would automatically fall apart.

I mean it seems like it's been doing that for a while but like literally Jesus would withdraw the king-magic from him and the whole thing would 'stop working'.

Surely this is the One True King:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Tesseraction posted:

His song/video Ahmed is required watching imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNqum-_5RhY

CW: this covers heavy topics about war and child death (it was roughly based on the drowning of 2-2-year old Alan Kurdi / Alan Shenu who washed up in Turkey)

gently caress

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Guavanaut posted:

Mandate of Heaven innit

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

keep punching joe posted:

Still calling him Prince Charles, also still calling them opal fruits and marathon bars.

On that subject I love how ALDIs own brand version of Snickers and Mars bars are called Racer and Titan respectively.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Still calling him Prince Charles, also still calling them opal fruits and marathon bars.

I feel like he was a Prince before I could do anything about it but now that I'm here I'll be damned if I'm complicit in promoting him to King.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Lord Ludikrous posted:

On that subject I love how ALDIs own brand version of Snickers and Mars bars are called Racer and Titan respectively.

Should have been Ares instead of a Titan bar.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

The Question IRL posted:

Should have been Phobos instead of a Titan bar.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

I'm still in the frame of mind of "No of course we don't have a king, we're not living in a loving fairytale, don't talk shite."

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

HopperUK posted:

gently caress

yeah It still chokes me up to this day

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007
Likes Cake, Hates Hamsters

Guavanaut posted:

If the fundie's actually knew their Bible they would know that God doesn't pick the bloke with the hereditary title to be in charge.

All hail Kong Corbs imo.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Zalakwe posted:

If the fundie's actually knew their Bible they would know that God doesn't pick the bloke with the hereditary title to be in charge.

All hail Kong Corbs imo.

Fundie Christians think that Jesus was all about "always follow the laws of the land you are in, no matter what they say" or "that he was strong and wouldn't sacrifice himself for weaklings."

You know, people who have a real strong grasp on the message there.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

What's this I'm reading about Paul Mason being a security state asset? Not heard that before. I know he's about as trustworthy as Sir Plankalot.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

https://twitter.com/MhairiBlack/status/1629125518007189504?s=20

Statement from Mhairi Black on SNP leadership election. (10 tweets).

Meanwhile 'Let them eat turnips' oh

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/supermarkets-turnips-food-shortages-rations-b2288919.html

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Feb 25, 2023

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

What's this I'm reading about Paul Mason being a security state asset? Not heard that before. I know he's about as trustworthy as Sir Plankalot.

leaked emails strongly indicate he was working with SIS "linked" "private" "security" firms to associate leftwing criticism of nato with being in the pocket of the russian or chinese state and attack/discredit them by a variety of means with the complicit help of various direct government sources and obvious government astroturf groups like bellingcat

his response to this was

"I was hacked"

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Tonights dinner is sprout soup, sprout salad and then sprout crumble.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

sinky posted:

Tonights dinner is sprout soup, sprout salad and then sprout crumble.

Brits still in thrall to Brussels I see.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

She really should be running for leader :( (not that I blame her, it's miserably toxic)

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

She really should be running for leader :( (not that I blame her, it's miserably toxic)

Get in a month long slagging match only for Skunk to talk over you anyway? Can't even begin to imagine who'd want to skip out on that.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH
It would be terrible optics for the SNP leader to be in Westminster not Holyrood so they'd never do that anyway.

Testro
May 2, 2009

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Thanks for sharing; she absolutely nails it.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Lord of the Llamas posted:

It would be terrible optics for the SNP leader to be in Westminster not Holyrood so they'd never do that anyway.

They could do it technically, salmond was a leader from Westminster. It worked while in opposition, but would mean the FM position remaining unfilled or delegated to a deputy.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

They could do it technically, salmond was a leader from Westminster. It worked while in opposition, but would mean the FM position remaining unfilled or delegated to a deputy.

Well, you can't leave FM unfilled Holyrood would have to elect someone. It's hard to see how the SNP could have a leader who wasn't FM (while they're in power obviously). They would just be absolutely panned for it.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
snip

Somebody fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Feb 25, 2023

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

classic

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

reminds me of the heady times of the truss premiership

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Tubgirl is likely now tubgran.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

We’ve all been there

Somebody fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Feb 25, 2023

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
How did he manage to get so many threads simultaneously? I demand an investigation

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
I'd never noticed/I had forgotten that her vagina is blurred out lol

Thank gently caress for that, it'd be pretty NSFW otherwise

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Barry Foster posted:

I'd never noticed/I had forgotten that her vagina is blurred out lol

Thank gently caress for that, it'd be pretty NSFW otherwise

lol omg your right

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

We have the road flare arse guy precedent, that's good harmless fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

it's like seeing an old friend