Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Admin time is over!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Azathoth posted:

i legit regret saying that, fwiw. that was lovely

yeah i'd also regret my coworkers publicly demonstrating my voice doesn't mean a goddamned thing to them

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Lib and let die posted:

when the rumors swirl around him,

stepped down as admin due to coming changes with qcs and also he is a landlord

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

AnimeIsTrash posted:

i think what probably happens is their post gets reported, and then the mod/admin checks to see if they're a rereg so they get perma'd

yeah, it's this. someone who didn't like sexpig (believe it or not, there were a bunch and they made a sport of finding his and Unoriginal Name's rereg accounts) would report a post saying "hey this person is posting in every thread that sexpig used to post in and they're posting 50x times an hour like sexpig, is this sexpig?" and then the account would get banned because they're not under the radar anymore. i didn't think people would go to those lengths when i talked about flying under the radar, and it was bad of me to give false hope like that

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Azathoth posted:

yeah, it's this. someone who didn't like sexpig (believe it or not, there were a bunch and they made a sport of finding his and Unoriginal Name's rereg accounts) would report a post saying "hey this person is posting in every thread that sexpig used to post in and they're posting 50x times an hour like sexpig, is this sexpig?" and then the account would get banned because they're not under the radar anymore. i didn't think people would go to those lengths when i talked about flying under the radar, and it was bad of me to give false hope like that

maybe some of the mods have grown petty and vengeful as their tenure has gone on?????

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

lobster shirt posted:

*performatively slams fist down on keyboard*

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

a.lo posted:

Somebody give me money

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Lib and let die posted:

maybe some of the mods have grown petty and vengeful as their tenure has gone on?????

it was never the mods who reported him, it was always some regular poster who didn't like them, but once that report came in, the check had to come next, and that was that

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

lobster shirt posted:

been hearing rumors about this

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

lol

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

AnimeIsTrash posted:

been hearing rumors about this

i hate everyone here but i hate you most of all

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Azathoth posted:

hell

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

this post has the same energy as a defendant hearing something in court, staring blankly for a moment, then covering their mic with their hand while they ask their lawyer a question

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ24r5gbzaI

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

how could i ever be mad at 500 good dogs? there's so many of them!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Azathoth posted:

You should see what he's done to the I hate cars thread!!

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Azathoth posted:

It’s inconceivable to me that anyone has this much energy or pettiness, like being an unpaid mall cop is one thing, but lmao at being the pearl clutching mallgoer keeping an eye out for delinquents to report to the mall cop

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

You should see what he's done to the I hate cars thread!!

its so funny that people are mad enough to report him for posting "cars ftw" over and over again

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

lobster shirt posted:

its so funny that people are mad enough to report him for posting "cars ftw" over and over again

I mean at least reporting costs nothing, the avatars were something else lol

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
In my day, ya bought someone a red text avatar, you put a little thought into it. But these kids today, they'd pull the trigger on that car brained truck just as soon as look at you

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
The Mater av is such loving aids

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum
In the year 1998, 1999 or so my school friend asked me if I knew about “flaming”. I asked him what that was. He told me how there were places on the internet where people would have arguments with each other. But not like normal arguments, these people would swear at each other and go crazy, calling names and being intense. We agreed that that was pretty wild stuff. I had never heard of it before and had trouble wrapping my mind around it.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I'll be honest: I pretty much only use reports to poo poo post directly to mods

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

lobster shirt posted:

Lol is that all he does? that's harmless

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

I'll be honest: I pretty much only use reports to poo poo post directly to mods

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Turtle Watch posted:

In the year 1998, 1999 or so my school friend asked me if I knew about “flaming”. I asked him what that was. He told me how there were places on the internet where people would have arguments with each other. But not like normal arguments, these people would swear at each other and go crazy, calling names and being intense. We agreed that that was pretty wild stuff. I had never heard of it before and had trouble wrapping my mind around it.

choose your fighter

https://www.flamewarriorsguide.com/

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

CODChimera posted:

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

In my day, ya bought someone a red text avatar, you put a little thought into it. But these kids today, they'd pull the trigger on that car brained truck just as soon as look at you

I’ve paid for one av change in all my years here, thought it would be funny to give pick a “no Joe” gang tag

It was I assume blanked by a mod within 15 minutes lol, or if it wasn’t blanked then I guess she paid to change her av to a blank and then a few hours later paid again to add a new av

I suspect it was blanked

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

HashtagGirlboss posted:

It’s inconceivable to me that anyone has this much energy or pettiness, like being an unpaid mall cop is one thing, but lmao at being the pearl clutching mallgoer keeping an eye out for delinquents to report to the mall cop

they're the online version of those people you hear about in true crime stories who end up getting some criminal caught because for the last 20 years they've been writing down the license plates of every car that parks on their street that they don't recognize

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

who will speak for cspam?? speak up

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Lpzie posted:

who will speak for cspam?? speak up

gently caress you

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

CODChimera posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3975882&perpage=40&pagenumber=492#post530050110 heres someone who is mad about it today!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i dont like saying it but thats what cspam says

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Lmao how can you get mad at this one

AnimeIsTrash posted:

just went othe car store, and bought a new car

cars ftw

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

Azathoth posted:

how could i ever be mad at 500 good dogs? there's so many of them!

they’re 500 pitbulls

it brings me no pleasure to report this

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

¡al! for presidente

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Tendales posted:

Now I'm not saying anyone SHOULD plow a car into that protest, I'm just saying that would be the objectively funniest possible protest to plow a car into.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Lmao how can you get mad at this one

trolling is illegal in cspam

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Vs

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Reality is what you can get away with
Hell Gem
Spamming is funny when its on a thread you are not reading. So its funny in this case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Red Baron posted:

they’re 500 pitbulls

it brings me no pleasure to report this

Oh yay 500 block head babies for The Dodo to rescue~