Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

would someone who's bad at modding randomly probe a person for mod sass?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

yes, but also someone good at modding would too but for different reasons....

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Lpzie posted:

yes, but also someone good at modding would too but for different reasons....

someone really good at modding would randomly permaban a person for mod sass

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
missed opportunity that Something Awful Discussion forum tag wasn't :sad:

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

lol

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

got any hot plans for the weekend, Frecks?

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Filthy Hans posted:

got any hot plans for the weekend, Frecks?

alcohol

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

i didn't take you for a drunk, lumpentroll... .. cool!

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

sounds good, as long as you're not one of those designated driver simps

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

:hmbol:

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Lpzie posted:

i didn't take you for a drunk, lumpentroll... .. cool!

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

lobster shirt posted:

The PYF Sagas thread is closed and will not be reopened. There were expectations set when the thread was allowed to return after being gassed previously, and those conditions were not met. This week, things escalated quickly to an unmanageable state, and Jeffrey was available to back up the decision to close the PYF Sagas thread. We have discussed this with The Saddest Rhino, and we appreciate his numerous attempts to get the thread back on track. Like we have previously mentioned, the admins do not see this as a moderation failure because Rhino was in communication with us and trying to navigate one of the most difficult threads to manage after closing QCS.

PYF is one of the most welcoming forums on SA through a lot of hard work over the years, and we do not want to see its reputation damaged. In its current form, the PYF Sagas thread is creating a rift between users on the site, instead of bringing them together. That has not always been the case. When the Sagas thread worked, it was under constant daily moderation to keep it on track for historical sagas, not current drama. It is clear to us that goons are incapable of understanding where that line is, including how to watch "drama" from a distance and not take the jokes to a personal level. Unfortunately, it has now begun to spread to other places around the forums -- including the mod forum. We cannot let this administrative failure further impact the rest of this site.

Thankfully, we have a space built within these forums for funny flame wars and "no rules" posting - it is FYAD. If someone wants a place to make fun of the weird hosed up poo poo that happens on this website, FYAD exists. Hell, it even has a thread for making fun of this stuff for ages.

thread closed

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I legit had to check if that was supposed to be a comedy copy paste of the qcs is closed post

:same:

this is a loving shambles lol

e: the GBS Ukraine thread being closed and KitConstantine demodded is good and funny though lol, as is the banme calling jeffrey a genocide denier

John Charity Spring has issued a correction as of 11:14 on Feb 25, 2023

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

every single thread in the new qcs is closed

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

thought you guys were joking/exaggerating/being funny and lmao you were not

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
you know that you have a healthy relationship between the userbase and the modmins when the feedback forum doesn't even last a day

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

AnimeIsTrash posted:

lmfao they demodded kit

dudes rock

hell yeah!

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lobster shirt posted:

hahaha somebody autobanned (goatse warning) because the gbs ukraine thread got closed: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=4025221&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post530060692

lmao

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Cerebral Bore posted:

you know that you have a healthy relationship between the userbase and the modmins when the feedback forum doesn't even last a day

supposedly it's because they're only going to open the threads when an admin is online lol

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Xaris posted:

lol ok come on. chinatown was a epic catchphrase lovely gbs poster that ran out of cspam to go cry about it in gbs not being snuff-huffing enough and qq about tankies, which is extremely cringe, but at that point you cant loving hold a 15 year old loving "arguging with a 11 year old on twitter" Abe perma against them.

Yeah he was a bad poster but he’d been posting for 17 years just let the guy be

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
What’s fluffdaddy bringing to the table that keeps him an admin anyways, is he just around to absorb all the criticism and mete out lovely bans/probes?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
woke up and there are 340 unread posts in this thread and 9 billion unread posts in the mod forum, hmmmmmm

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

John Charity Spring posted:

supposedly it's because they're only going to open the threads when an admin is online lol

you know your admins are doing a real good job when you have to curtail all feedback to a time and place of their choosing

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

vyelkin posted:

woke up and there are 340 unread posts in this thread and 9 billion unread posts in the mod forum, hmmmmmm

Leak the mod forum FTW

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

John Charity Spring posted:

good thing the admins have a solid distribution of availability over different timezones

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

JEFFREY GONE WOKE? User 'Larry Parrish' PERMABANNED due to 'micro' aggression

speng31b
May 8, 2010

what the hell did i wake up to. lmao i think

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

ordinary poster, gets star, posts in cspam and goes woke. Many such cases!

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

croup coughfield posted:

i always had a lot of goodwill toward jeff. he kept the lights on, however poorly, during lowtax's decline and imo he saved the forums from liquidation. that goes a long way with me. which is why i always chose to believe that jeff being a moron and constantly tripping over his own dick (mutilated from loving computer - many angles) was just a product of computer brain. but over the last few months ive come to understand that while this may still be true, hes also a pathetic little pissbaby convinced that owning the forums commands respect. but it doesnt, because hes a moron with no impulse control or ability to find correlation between events. this contradiction is the source of his psychic pain, which he transfers onto the users. he is not only unwilling but incapable of change. i cant even be mad at him, in the same way that steve brule couldnt be found competent to stand trial. it just sucks.

anyway thats why I'm going to brutally and insanely gently caress Jeffrey of yospos's rear end in a top hat until he stops being a sobbing bitch :cheers:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

lmao

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Homeless Friend posted:

JEFFREY GONE WOKE? User 'Larry Parrish' PERMABANNED due to 'micro' aggression

lmfao

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Im starting to think sad might have been a honeypot

Crayfish
May 7, 2009
CSPAM tankies getting blamed for what the PYF drama crew did is pretty funny. GBS is not taking it well

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Crayfish posted:

CSPAM tankies getting blamed for what the PYF drama crew did is pretty funny. GBS is not taking it well

the sagas thread becoming a proxy casualty is actually pretty apt

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Not So Fast posted:

the sagas thread becoming a proxy casualty is actually pretty apt

it read to me more like the pyf thread just did what it always does and outed a horrible cesspit by finding specific examples of why it sucked and calling them out.

if anything the cspam posters having backed off the forum wars poo poo pretty much entirely was probably the main reason pyf went after them.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

speng31b posted:

it read to me more like the pyf thread just did what it always does and outed a horrible cesspit by finding specific examples of why it sucked and calling them out.

if anything the cspam posters having backed off the forum wars poo poo pretty much entirely was probably the main reason pyf went after them.

yeah the impression I got was that while it was 'GBS vs CSPAM' it was just seen as politics forum losers having a slapfight but once that was out of the equation and the GBS Ukraine thread kept being hosed up, it got noticed again and a hue and cry was raised

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
I think it was mostly the slap on the wrist probes, from the mod/admin side. this happened quite a bit in c-spam as they cracked down on the forum following BNR split. whats seen as sufficient punishment inside vs out. what can look like enforcement inside, can be interpreted as tacit endorsement outside. which is why vyelkin/dreylad drop nukes on psycho posting. no trust in self regulation=destruction

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

good lord lmao

Al! posted:

i just dont think youre all mature enough for an open qcs

al! was right

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

the tiny permabanned avatar :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speng31b