Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

lol...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
it's been two hours since the latest LC entry, I think we're free

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

GISing to figure out what this references was a powerful experience

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

500 good dogs posted:

naive 500 good dogs

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

World War Mammories posted:

GISing to figure out what this references was a powerful experience

not falling for that again today!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

500 good dogs posted:

fluffdaddy's shift will end at some point

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

to any gbs posters reading this i am not a russian bot and i do not like the russian government and in fact think its really bad and fail even more fail than cspam

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Raskolnikov38 posted:

https://www.123rf.com/audio_5423772...n-a-factor.html

Looks like the Dick Suckin' Factory is onto second shift

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Raskolnikov38 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9n0LrZWb_A

Internet Poster
Nov 1, 2020

the problem with the site is that all the staff are uncompensated volunteers. Jeffrey could use his influence to get them sweet deals, like 30% off a subscription to NordVPN

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

fluffdaddy's shift lunch break will end at some point

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Internet Poster posted:

the problem with the site is that all the staff are uncompensated volunteers. Jeffrey could use his influence to get them sweet deals, like 30% off a subscription to NordVPN

all mods get a free trial of hellofresh

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

it's so odd the front page tech is not being ready after 3 years and still being a priority but also a long way off. just set up a WordPress or a Jekyll or a wiki or some shjt. a boot camp coder could do it in weeks.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Internet Poster posted:

the "problem" with the site is that its populated, 100%, by goons. goons are posters, goons are mods. goons are insanely hosed up. every cool guy, every sniveling twerp, every unknown hobby forum poster ... all goons.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
The twerp is right

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Smythe posted:

the "problem" with the site is that its populated, 100%, by goons. goons are posters, goons are mods. goons are insanely hosed up. every cool guy, every sniveling twerp, every unknown hobby forum poster ... all goons.

Turn on your...monitor?

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Lib and let die posted:

Turn on your...monitor?

He can’t reach

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

AnimeIsTrash posted:

azathoth smiling at the qcs drama as the chair collapses under the weight of his rear end

lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Lib and let die posted:

Turn on your...monitor?

my Gigabyte M32U-SA 32" 4K UHD 144Hz Gaming Monitor is powered on and connected to both my PC and MacBook Air. Thank You

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Oh boy I have some thoughts this morning after catching up and just lmao

Re: the funny ones are gone and not coming back… maybe, it’s been a trend, but I have to think when the 2024 election heats up at least some of them will grace us with their presence once again, but maybe not

Re: Larry and CC’s c/p of Larry’s post and Jeff’s response - just lmao come on Jeff you don’t have to care this much it’s not important enough to care this much it doesn’t do anything for you to care this much

Re: SAD okay so opening it on a Friday night was :discourse: and then it immediately turning into a garbage bin fire was :discourse: just did anyone put any thought into this at all? Making deadlines is important but not if what you roll out is going to be so busted it doesn’t work. Did nobody say “hey let’s open it midday or maybe in the evening on a Monday when most admins are available for a few hours and maybe let’s anticipate some of the problems and have predrafted statements to address stuff we know people are pissed about”

Re: Ukraine thread in GBS. I didn’t read it so idk how irredeemable it was, but once again the admins go for the most extreme possible solution out the gate. I think maybe demod Kit and put in a couple knew mods with clear rules about certain things and let the thread regulars hang themselves over the course of a week or two, none of this is an emergency that needs to be fixed right now. Do things in a thoughtful way and they’ll work better

Re: the influx of GBS posters in the D&D Ukraine thread - lol and lmao

Re: the influx of GBS posters in the CSPAM war thread - also lol and lmao

Re: my phone autocorrecting cspam to CSPAM - thanks!

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

didnt read

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

I can say with confidence that no funny posters will be drawn back into posting by the US presidential election

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

saw this coming and made up for it by reading twice

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

I didn’t expect you to

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

AnimeIsTrash posted:

theyre so funny, look at their rap sheets

1 of them flat out said that ukrainians were worth more than black/brown refugees because of their white skin

this is the official view of the USA & euro countries :hai:

speng31b
May 8, 2010

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I didn’t expect you to

can you post a short version so i can read tia

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

mawarannahr posted:

this is the official view of the USA & euro countries :hai:

View and practice

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Oh boy I have some thoughts this morning after catching up and just lmao

Re: the funny ones are gone and not coming back… maybe, it’s been a trend, but I have to think when the 2024 election heats up at least some of them will grace us with their presence once again, but maybe not

Re: Larry and CC’s c/p of Larry’s post and Jeff’s response - just lmao come on Jeff you don’t have to care this much it’s not important enough to care this much it doesn’t do anything for you to care this much

Re: SAD okay so opening it on a Friday night was :discourse: and then it immediately turning into a garbage bin fire was :discourse: just did anyone put any thought into this at all? Making deadlines is important but not if what you roll out is going to be so busted it doesn’t work. Did nobody say “hey let’s open it midday or maybe in the evening on a Monday when most admins are available for a few hours and maybe let’s anticipate some of the problems and have predrafted statements to address stuff we know people are pissed about”

Re: Ukraine thread in GBS. I didn’t read it so idk how irredeemable it was, but once again the admins go for the most extreme possible solution out the gate. I think maybe demod Kit and put in a couple knew mods with clear rules about certain things and let the thread regulars hang themselves over the course of a week or two, none of this is an emergency that needs to be fixed right now. Do things in a thoughtful way and they’ll work better

Re: the influx of GBS posters in the D&D Ukraine thread - lol and lmao

Re: the influx of GBS posters in the CSPAM war thread - also lol and lmao

Re: my phone autocorrecting cspam to CSPAM - thanks!

kit has been demodded try to keep up

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Smythe posted:

guy who admined the troubles and then moderated qcs: the real problem? goons

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

speng31b posted:

"best ten bux ever"

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i read it

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

speng31b posted:

In summary: lol how are they this incompetent even two minutes of thinking about things would yield much better results

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Zodium posted:

he's right

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Zodium posted:

he loving quit during the troubles

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Cuttlefush posted:

he's right

actually its smythe\'s fault, personally

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

kit has been demodded try to keep up

Yeah but instead of closing the thread I would have just made some very clear rules, brought in a new mod or two to brutally enforce them, and then close it in a week or two when they can’t clean it up

Just a kinder and gentler and less explosive way to do things rather than surprise shutdown when there are already dozens of other fires being started by the admin team

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lumpentroll posted:

he loving quit during the troubles

not quite, but the result was the same

pandy fackler
Jun 2, 2020

AnimeIsTrash posted:

catching upon the SAD drama, lauughing at the one goon whos entire grievance is the front page not working posting about it in every thread

lol that's the guy who got really mad at Jeff and did a public call out at him over not paying lowtax's debts to the front page writers only for jeff to produce the receipts showing that he had offered to do it and op had turned him down

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Jonah Galtberg posted:

I can say with confidence that no funny posters will be drawn back into posting by the US presidential election

Absolutely, all the US politics threads are aids and the only funny thing about them is seeing people turn on Bernie so hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speng31b
May 8, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Absolutely, all the US politics threads are aids and the only funny thing about them is seeing people turn on Bernie so hard.

Fallen croup was right

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4025237&pagenumber=1&perpage=40