Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Alucard posted:

Maybe it was in lieu of the $50 membership fee?

The membership fee is 60 dollars for the regular membership. You'd think a real costco member would know that...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Alucard posted:

Maybe it was in lieu of the $50 membership fee?

Well I had to pay an additional fee and sign a waiver.

I think I may have been.... well I'm glad I can get my cheap jeans and toilet paper.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

The membership fee is 60 dollars for the regular membership. You'd think a real costco member would know that...

The membership fee is but a drop in the bucket when I'm buying a whole rear end lamb.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Hmm... ok. But you're on the watch list of potential Sam's Club sympathizers now.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
New favorite combo

The fried rice is a pack of 4 12oz bags, the cod is just a bag of 8-10 frozen fillets. I got the black garlic and orange flavor, put it in the air fryer for 15 mins at 375. Came out tasting better then most fish I've had, just a really good texture and flavor. I mixed two fillets in with one bag of the fried cauliflower rice, drat good meal without needing to add anything else, no extra salt or seasoning at all.

The fish is like $18 for 2lbs, more expensive then the regular frozen fish but not like a crazy amount. It tasted as good or better then the Kirkland frozen cod. The cauliflower box is $10-12 I think? and is 4 meals worth. There's two other High Liner flavors, and a flavored salmon variety as well.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
My cash back certificate for my costco visa just rolled out

$60.38

Perfect. Free membership

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Just can’t get in the mood for Sunday service today :smith:

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Just redeemed my credit card rewards. Warning to anyone else intending to do so, they apparently no longer process this at the customer service desk, you have to go to a register. Don't waste 20 minutes in line like I did. :doh:

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

pencilhands posted:

Just redeemed my credit card rewards. Warning to anyone else intending to do so, they apparently no longer process this at the customer service desk, you have to go to a register. Don't waste 20 minutes in line like I did. :doh:

when we were there last week I overheard a guy mad that he couldn't redeem it for cash anymore. I never knew you could ever do that before!

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Redeeming for cash was the only way I knew to do it. Can you get it as a credit on your card somehow? I have very little use for cash.

jfff
Oct 27, 2003
indeed

pencilhands posted:

Redeeming for cash was the only way I knew to do it. Can you get it as a credit on your card somehow? I have very little use for cash.

I was able to direct deposit my reward into a bank account via the Citi website. First year that's been offered to me.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Alucard posted:

The membership fee is but a drop in the bucket when I'm buying a whole rear end lamb.

I never had an occasion that would warrant a whole one, but the bonless leg of rear end lamb that costco has is a pretty good deal.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
I've just used it at the register like a "insert amount here" coupon off my purchase.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I just got my $500 in rewards in cash from the customer service desk on Friday. So did the person in front of me. I was going to get it as a statement credit, but gently caress installing another app to do that.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I got my email on the 10th and it is still telling me to take it to the warehouse.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
I think over a certain amount they let you do a direct deposit

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Tried to go to Costco today, but... it was closed at 6pm?!

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Weembles posted:

I never had an occasion that would warrant a whole one, but the bonless leg of rear end lamb that costco has is a pretty good deal.

Yeah we have a chest freezer so in addition to having space for bulk paper towels and toilet paper, we're set for bulk meat.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
For all the deep freezer/chest freezer owners, have you ever had any issues with extended power loss? Are some models better at holding temp if kept shut during a nasty winter storm/outage?

I remember a while back talking about it with my dad, and he remembers growing up in the midwest every couple of years the winter storms would kill the power for long enough that the storage freezer would thaw and they had to throw everything out, so he doesn't believe in storing frozen food like that.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Dick Fontaine posted:

Just can’t get in the mood for Sunday service today :smith:
FREE CT!

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

You can get your rebate check direct deposited via the Citi phone application now, super easy

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

binge crotching posted:

You can get your rebate check direct deposited via the Citi phone application now, super easy

Only through the app? I just checked the Citi website and couldn't find anything about how to get my money.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

pentyne posted:

For all the deep freezer/chest freezer owners, have you ever had any issues with extended power loss? Are some models better at holding temp if kept shut during a nasty winter storm/outage?

I remember a while back talking about it with my dad, and he remembers growing up in the midwest every couple of years the winter storms would kill the power for long enough that the storage freezer would thaw and they had to throw everything out, so he doesn't believe in storing frozen food like that.

I lived in Northwest Indiana for my childhood and there was one winter that we took everything from the freezer and set it outside in a big rear end Rubbermaid container. It definitely wasn't going to thaw in the two weeks we didn't have power.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Setting beer outside on the patio or whatever is a time honored tradition in the north. It'll get your beer cold way faster, but if you leave it out too long they start exploding. That's kinda scary because they go off like slow fireworks.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Yeah, we did that with soda - definitely an explosion risk.

It's worse when you accidentally forget a bottle or case in your car overnight.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
If you get the before the mad rush begins, lots of grocery stores sell dry ice blocks if you want to keep poo poo full on frozen for a while.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

death cob for cutie posted:

It's worse when you accidentally forget a bottle or case in your car overnight.

:911:

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

binge crotching posted:

The rebate needs to be over a certain amount to be able to do direct deposit. I think it's $300?

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

pentyne posted:

I don’t know what they were up to in the midwest, but here in New England, if we lose power due to a snowstorm, we simply put the frozen things in a snowbank

(Actually that’s a good way to get raccoons, but we definitely put them in unheated garages, barns, summer porches, etc. But it’s pretty amazing to look out at a major snowstorm and say “there’s no way we can keep food from thawing, better trash it all”)

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

pentyne posted:

Honestly, if you have enough food for it be a concern (and outdoor/unheated storage is not an option) then going the generator route might make the most long-term sense. The initial outlay for the generator and minor hassle of upkeep/maintenance might be worth it if you're in a place that loses power with enough frequency for it to matter.

My folks ended up getting one for their house, and having some power available during longer outages has proven worth it.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Get yourself a standby generator from Costco and not only will you have peace of mind, but also 10% back on a shop card.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

if its cold out and your power goes out dont you think your cold food is going to be fine?

its really your chocolate fondue fountain you have to worry about.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Jingleheimer posted:

The rebate needs to be over a certain amount to be able to do direct deposit. I think it's $300?

Maybe? Mine was $315.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
the church blessed me with a vision of the uberluxe fridge I need in my life

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

That sure is a large amount of uncovered prepared food. I guess I am using my fridge the wrong way.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

schreibs posted:

That sure is a large amount of uncovered prepared food. I guess I am using my fridge the wrong way.

What, you don't want 90% of your fridge to taste uncovered cheese wedges?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
lol at the wood panel decals on the fridge shelf, the 70s are back but instead of a 'woody' wagon it's under my open salad bowl

c l a s s

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
What about the "marinade-ing drawer"

Here, put your raw meat, random aromatics, and assorted juices in a narrow, shallow drawer and carefully slide that, uncovered into your fridge. Why uncovered? Because the shelf above acts as a cover. What about spills? Don't worry, the drawer is dishwasher safe. Spills in the fridge? Don't worry, the wood will absorb all that pungent liquid.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
Why the hell doesn't my local Co have "dumb" kitchen trashcans? They have 2 in the store and they're both battery powered/smart. What's so hard about having a regular step can in stock?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

No deals to be found with normal plebian trash cans, of course. Unless you need a pack of 12 of them, then maybe the business center could cover you.