Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

fawning deference posted:

https://twitter.com/JamesNicholsNHL/status/1629843786351165441?s=20

OK actual Meier news. The Canes are out!

EDIT: LeBrun confirms that Grier told the Hurricanes late last night that they are out. That makes sense, they aren't willing to part with Nikishin and they don't really care about extended Meier, so they're not going to offer as much as NJ, but what about Vegas? Can they afford to extend him even with the Weber move? And what kind of assets would they be able to offer that could match a prospect with pedigree of a Holtz or a Seamus Casey?

At least he's not going to the canes I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK

ThinkTank posted:

Beyond "lol the Oilers broke his brain" what's wrong with Markstrom? You don't go from 26 gsaa to -18 gsaa just because Connor did some dangles on you. He was the runner up for the Vezina last year.

I don't disagree with you but Connor did some dangles for like 5 games and now that $6 million cap hit has night terrors.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

https://twitter.com/JamesNicholsNHL/status/1629843786351165441?s=20

OK actual Meier news. The Canes are out!

EDIT: LeBrun confirms that Grier told the Hurricanes late last night that they are out. That makes sense, they aren't willing to part with Nikishin and they don't really care about extended Meier, so they're not going to offer as much as NJ, but what about Vegas? Can they afford to extend him even with the Weber move? And what kind of assets would they be able to offer that could match a prospect with pedigree of a Holtz or a Seamus Casey?

Vegas being in on Meier is wild, they’ve traded any young players or prospects worth a drat acquiring Patches/Stone/Eichel. 23rd ranked prospect pool so you would think the Devils would have the edge here, but Stone being on LTIR means they could trade him without giving the Sharks a big contract in return. Long-term I can’t see them keeping him though

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Yeah, I guess they could be trying to work some voodoo here but it's tough to see Vegas matching what NJ can offer. Holtz and Casey are both better than any Vegas prospect. The only thing I can think of is maybe Vegas is offering a more-ready piece that the Sharks really like.

Carolina was the only real worry I had as a threat to land Meier instead of NJ, and now that they're out I feel a lot better about the chances.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/BlueJacketsNHL/status/1629579804835028994?t=jVtbUBkiIpUoLwQffvuxpQ&s=19

And how is Vegas continually in on every trade deadline prize?

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Feb 26, 2023

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Because every year their previous trade deadline prize goes on LTIR

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Not only did we get a GOALIE GOAL, the nhl.com pun writer was on point with LINUS GOALMARK.

I also applaud Jack Hughes for disrespecting the Flyers with that move at 5-0, the Flyers deserve to be disrespected.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

The Black Stones posted:

It really just does look like the Oilers broke his brain.

It doesn’t help that at times he looks like he’s going to return to form and then the defence completely goes to poo poo and then a bunch of high danger chances comes in bunches. Really they should probably send Markstrom down to the AHL and see if winning some games in a row will get some confidence back. Or get a new goalie coach because he doesn’t seem to be doing anything.

Markstrom has let in a goal on the first shot in 7 (is it now 8) games this season. Has to be some kind of record. He is mind boggling bad and it doesn’t help that the team up front can’t score a goal the second they feel any adversity.

he has a NMC, they can't send him to the A.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
Avs are on a heater right now and despite all the injuries look like they have a really good shot at winning the central if not the west.

It was so cool to see Kadri back last night, gonna miss that dude come playoffs but cant fault a guy for getting loving paid.
https://twitter.com/kylekeefetv/status/1629684846825185280

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

mennoknight posted:

he has a NMC, they can't send him to the A.

They can on a conditioning stint technically but yeah mostly you're stuck with him.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Goalie brains are delicate and fragile things, it's on Sutter for leaving Markstrom hung out to dry through that whole series and probably irrecoverably breaking an important and expensive asset.

Goalies never want to come out but it's the coach's job to protect their delicate and fragile brains.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

This rules go Pee Kay

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

The Dirty Burger posted:

Vegas being in on Meier is wild, they’ve traded any young players or prospects worth a drat acquiring Patches/Stone/Eichel. 23rd ranked prospect pool so you would think the Devils would have the edge here, but Stone being on LTIR means they could trade him without giving the Sharks a big contract in return. Long-term I can’t see them keeping him though

I assume them keeping him involves dumping Lehner on someone. I have no goddamn idea what they can offer for him

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The Black Stones posted:

Markstrom has let in a goal on the first shot in 7 (is it now 8) games this season. Has to be some kind of record.

https://mobile.twitter.com/EricFrancis/status/1629687045001207808

Not even the worst this season!

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

tarbrush posted:

I assume them keeping him involves dumping Lehner on someone. I have no goddamn idea what they can offer for him

Vegas has their next 3 first round picks. So presumably those and a roster player or 2.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/GradySas/status/1629608060783312897?s=20

Waiting for the price to drop from Hoglander to a warm body and a 7th owns. Never thought I’d post these 4 words but good job Canucks management

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
https://twitter.com/CanadiensMTL/status/1629870228912971779?s=20

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
Montreal retaining 50% of Dadonov contract

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Dadonov loving sucks and is old, what is Jim Nill doing

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Is gurianov still serviceable?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Chad Sexington posted:

That's neat gently caress the bruins

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
https://twitter.com/friedgehnic/status/1629874816382631939?s=46&t=yOQbHenKeif1WyTP-cICVQ

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Who is gurianov and why should i care

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

fermun posted:

Avs are on a heater right now and despite all the injuries look like they have a really good shot at winning the central if not the west.

It was so cool to see Kadri back last night, gonna miss that dude come playoffs but cant fault a guy for getting loving paid.
https://twitter.com/kylekeefetv/status/1629684846825185280

Yeah that ruled. The 3rd period was stressful though. The flames played decently and just couldn't score

Luckily their goalie is blind

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

tarbrush posted:

Is gurianov still serviceable?

He's bad.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

In that case idgi, but I guess the Stars are opening I some cap space?

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Oooo baby Vegas getting Barbashev. Come onnnnn Timmooooo

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
it'd be cool if they somehow got a first for barby

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/1629874717355016193?t=MZjToUQj5I_25-MPLcaCjQ&s=09

I'd say I wonder who, but there's no one in the system worth getting too worked up about.

Barbashev feels exactly what Vegas needs as well, displacing Kessel or Amadio from meaningful minutes

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

stab posted:

Who is gurianov and why should i care

He's the last truly off the board high(ish) first round pick and his play has justified where he was ranked more than where he was picked.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Hand Knit posted:

He's the last truly off the board high(ish) first round pick and his play has justified where he was ranked more than where he was picked.

I wish I could forget about Tyler Boucher 10th overall 2021, ranked in the mid-40’s to 50’s

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Gurianov had 17 points in one playoff run, what have you ever done??

Speaking of defensemen who've been better in their own zone than Rielly this season, Jordie Benn is on waivers.

Precambrian Video Games fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Feb 26, 2023

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Man sure sounds like New Jersey are getting Meier. Grier is about to get an absolute haul. He slow played this perfectly.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

ThinkTank posted:

Man sure sounds like New Jersey are getting Meier. Grier is about to get an absolute haul. He slow played this perfectly.

I'm not sure if the haul will be better or worse for Grier. The Devils were competing with many other teams for Meier for a while and so they felt determined to have the best offer. Now, most teams have dropped out and they have way more leverage because the Sharks aren't going to get good prospects from VGK. Maybe another mystery team is still in it, but because the Sharks never granted NJ the opportunity to talk extension with Claude Lemieux (Meier's agent) and now the other teams have dropped, Grier might have to settle for less, not more.

For example, there is no way he is getting Dawson Mercer now, ever, considering Vegas has nowhere even close to comparable to Mercer as a potential asset going back. If the Devils still heard "hey if you don't make Mercer the centerpiece, we're going back to the Hurricanes" they might think otherwise. They wouldn't have traded him anyway, but this was just an example around leverage.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

The Dirty Burger posted:

I wish I could forget about Tyler Boucher 10th overall 2021, ranked in the mid-40’s to 50’s

May he have as much success.

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
I hope the top of the West (other than the Kings) give up a bunch of assets for rentals. There is no stopping the Bruins this year.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Alex Tuch will be out for at least two weeks and Dahlin won’t play this afternoon and is day-to-day.

gently caress

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I'm not sure if the haul will be better or worse for Grier. The Devils were competing with many other teams for Meier for a while and so they felt determined to have the best offer. Now, most teams have dropped out and they have way more leverage because the Sharks aren't going to get good prospects from VGK. Maybe another mystery team is still in it, but because the Sharks never granted NJ the opportunity to talk extension with Claude Lemieux (Meier's agent) and now the other teams have dropped, Grier might have to settle for less, not more.

https://twitter.com/TheFourthPeriod/status/1629885340352761858?t=zy4ltC0ev9DqfATmaFkGqA&s=19

Sounds like they have talked extension. I figure Vegas are out because New Jersey upped their offer again last night. I doubt Mercer goes but I think it'll he Holtz, a 1st and a roster player. Likely more.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
https://twitter.com/GoldenKnights/status/1629895501763194880?t=0F8ju6y7Dow8Jqi71OIotA&s=19

Ugh. Didn't want to give him up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

ThinkTank posted:

https://twitter.com/TheFourthPeriod/status/1629885340352761858?t=zy4ltC0ev9DqfATmaFkGqA&s=19

Sounds like they have talked extension. I figure Vegas are out because New Jersey upped their offer again last night. I doubt Mercer goes but I think it'll he Holtz, a 1st and a roster player. Likely more.

I'm assuming Holtz and a 1st are definitely going the other way. I could see a player like Zetterlund or Bahl possibly going, but I would prefer to send a prospect like Casey. If the Sharks insist on Bahl and Meier would sign an extension, then I am fine with that too.