Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Jel Shaker posted:

they could use the money to pay off their student loans perhaps

It is probably better money for them than most American infantry adjusting for cost of living differences, but it is the same idea. Also, Russia really doesn't have student loans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Ardennes posted:

Also, Russia really doesn't have student loans.
Hmmm, sounds like we need a new Yeltsin.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

it’s cool how despite fully sucking poo poo Russia is still so much better than the U.S., albeit almost entirely because unlike the U.S. there was a point within memory where it did not suck poo poo

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

CongoJack posted:

how the gently caress do you work for the US MIC for 4 years, claim it was only because you needed money and ostensibly regret it but then turn right around and keep carrying their water? I mean I know the answer but it’s just really hosed up and I can’t conceive of having such a cruel mind.

He felt some type of way about doing the work, but is happy to enjoy the benefits of it as long as other people do the dirty part.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Alright so there was about 1000 posts since I last was able to check the thread which is a lot. good job everyone, tremendous posting.

that being said, I should enlist some more help to cover the thread either with an IK or another mod. Please report posts as I probably will inevitably miss something and I'll get to them as best I can and always try to read the context but it may take some time. If things get really wild I may have to enable the hated slow mode, but I'll try to avoid that as best I can.

nigel thornberry
Jul 29, 2013

Ardennes posted:

Lithuanian

Also, Tolstoy's family was a bunch of Russian aristocrats from Tula.

ah yep. looks like I accidentally did a little disinfo for Mr. Putin (and I didn’t even get paid for it!) I saw the yellow and red and got confused (the colors aren’t even oriented the same way)

nigel thornberry has issued a correction as of 21:46 on Feb 27, 2023

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Dreylad posted:

Alright so there was about 1000 posts since I last was able to check the thread which is a lot. good job everyone, tremendous posting.

that being said, I should enlist some more help to cover the thread either with an IK or another mod. Please report posts as I probably will inevitably miss something and I'll get to them as best I can and always try to read the context but it may take some time. If things get really wild I may have to enable the hated slow mode, but I'll try to avoid that as best I can.

nothing bad happened, just lots of posts. nothing crazy.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Dreylad posted:

i think for the most part it's been a lot of posting but nothing terrible and people seem pretty chill.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

once I remembered the ignore list function the epic meme guy went away and the thread is cool again

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

yeah this owns

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lol thsi thread wants to gently caress putin loving freaks

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Dreylad posted:

CommieGIR volunteered in SAD

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Frosted Flake posted:

but seriously, the idea of a Jewish homeland shared with Germans, Poles and Ruthenes was proven to be viable so there’s no reason I can see why Palestinians could not be included also.

the Palestinians have suffered enough

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

thekeeshman posted:

In sum, post memes, you are not capable of any kind of serious historical analysis.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

This is sad. I’m embarrassed for you.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Dreylad posted:

make speng the stewie griffin politics thread ik

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

make speng the stewie griffin politics thread ik

this

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

typing "putin handsfree prostate orgasm" in every search engine until my fingertips bleed

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

I only want a kiss

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
putin bottomless just whipping his dick around like a propeller

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Cuttlefush posted:

nothing bad happened, just lots of posts. nothing crazy.

speng31b posted:

i think for the most part it's been a lot of posting but nothing terrible and people seem pretty chill.

100%, I just want to be transparent with everyone about what I'm doing in case anything wacky goes down.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

CommieGIR volunteered in SAD

Yeah im up for this tbh

I wonder if he'd read our posts or just queue us for perma's immediately?

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Majorian posted:

This is sad. I’m embarrassed for you.

No poo poo, didn't he know he needed to effort post Marxist manga to be a real master debater

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i started searching for the perfect moe gif to post in response and i forgot that moe has another meaning

god drat you

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Jimlit posted:

No poo poo, didn't he know he needed to effort post Marxist manga to be a real master debater

dimlit are you okay?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

settingh up a date with putin but we end up at the opposite ends of a 50 ft table.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Jimlit posted:

Marx said it was the only medium that 'got him'

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Regarde Aduck posted:

Marx said it was the only medium that 'got him'

Two mistakes at once I guess.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
yea, the first one was when you clicked on reply and the second was when you clicked on submit

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Better hope GBS's obsession with Putin shits never combines with C-SPAM's obsession with Putin dicks or all of SA is going to go down in very stinky flames

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Frosted Flake posted:

Of course you can. The Hapsburgs held the crown of several different nations, for example the Spanish Netherlands.

that's not what internationalist means. are you trolling?

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Chillgamesh posted:

Better hope GBS's obsession with Putin shits never combines with C-SPAM's obsession with Putin dicks or all of SA is going to go down in very stinky flames

It would be on brand though

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
Lot of posts in the Ukraine/Russia War thread. I wonder what's going on.

Al! posted:

putin bottomless just whipping his dick around like a propeller

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

im a genocide denier, im a fascist, im a tankie, im pro putin, im gay, im trans, im irish, im not italian

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Jimlit posted:

Two mistakes at once I guess.

Oh, oh no

ArkhamPraetor
Sep 11, 2011

Futanari Damacy posted:

As someone with Ukrainian background 100+ years removed from living in the Ukraine I can say that none of my family members had blonde hair or blue eyes and I was rather surprised as an adult to learn that the modern Ukrainian ethnic stereotype is interchangeable with Aryan. Nobody in our family, or community, looks like that- you can guess the commonality that caused us to leave (it's the people who are there now dressing up as loving Valkyries who made an example of anyone who stayed)

this, and lmaoing again at remembering the time someone came into this thread to defend petliura

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

AnimeIsTrash posted:

uou all ever notice how the people who send us to war never fight in the war

You joke but this is pretty much the main reason Sherman burned the South. It wasn't because he cares about slavery, he thought black folks weren't even mentally fit to be soldiers and he was absolutely useless during Reconstruction because he didn't actually care about the state of the Union.

He was mostly super-pissed at the rich Southern elites wanting to be engaged in a war but thinking about it in the abstract, as something that happens somewhere else, to other people. The hubris of sending other people's son's to fight for one's own pet causes. He wanted to bring total war straight to the plantation owner's doorsteps, and cow them with proof that they've been privileged by living within the stability of a union.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Jimlit posted:

here's some attention

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

AnimeIsTrash posted:

im a genocide denier, im a fascist, im a tankie, im pro putin, im gay, im trans, im irish, im not italian

I'm a sinner I'm a saint
I do not feel ashamed

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

StrangersInTheNight posted:

He wanted to bring total war straight to the plantation owner's doorsteps, and cow them with proof that they've been privileged by living within the stability of a union.

Doesn't explain why he did the native Americans absolutely filthy in the same way.