Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

CODChimera posted:

you do roll to select what adventure you're picking from though, thats where the random roll can gently caress you. its def possible to have progress on some adventures but not finish them. also depends on how many adventure triggers you get from the map

Huh. Well, we didn't do that...whoops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

StarkRavingMad posted:

Agree with pretty much everything you said. I actually think I like KD:M more overall, just because the exploration/gathering/etc phase feels kind of clunky to me in comparison, and isn't really the draw for me, I just want to get to the next fight. But I'm also not all the way through cycle 1 yet. But the escalating combat stuff in Aeon is neat, and I like how you have the bonuses to leave behind for the next player. Some of the fights are really cool.

Also completely agree with you on the box organization being kind of a nightmare! I might need to make some homemade dividers or something. When it's like "obtain <whatever gear piece>" I know I'll be picking through all those little cards for a bit. I have been using the app which makes the record sheets a little less daunting to deal with at least. The app is quite well done.

KDM definitely has advantages in terms of it being a bit more of a sandbox experience generator than a prepackaged campaign. You also have a lot more freedom to break things with wacky builds as the gear grid is bigger.

I've found a 3d print I'm going to to have a go with to sort the box before cycle 2.

The only reason I didn't use the app was just because I started using the paper and stuck with it.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

CODChimera posted:

I'm about 75% of the way through Cycle 1 but took a break to get the C1 stuff painted up. I never played KD: M so a lot of this stuff is completely new to me and has blown me away. Rules wise there's a lot going on and I've definitely made some parts easier and some harder due to missing something but the rule book is pretty good.

I'd say use the app, its a lot easier to keep track of things. I use a folder for the tech and items I can build which helps I also got this but it's super expensive: https://fancybutfunctional.com/products/aeon-trespass-odessy-premium-box-organizer

My feeling when playing it was that it is hitting the limit of how complex a boardgame can get. Its well organised and explained, the rules are clear, but there are tons of cards to pull out and there is a lot to track and keep in mind to play well. The complexity rating on BGG seems fair and there is not a lot ahead of it.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Bottom Liner posted:

It's real loving telling that the part he is very concerned about is accusing someone of being a rapist and not you know, the fact that maybe there is a rapist in your company. Then they fired both the accuser and accused. And it apparently happened at the company during a Christmas party with alcohol. Yeeeesh.

oh :lmao:

"When you're in a small company, you don't have dedicated HR, HR staff"

the start of the video:

https://twitter.com/Andy_Morocco/status/1627178756639956995?s=20

everything else aside, i would also have fired this guy at my first opportunity

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

im ready for league of dungeoneers to ship. i really want to play that game

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

isd anyone backing the new dwarven forge kickstarter? these prices are probably completely reflective of the economic reality of the world right now but i feel like i would be brain damaged to pay them

i prefer the old resin sets but those seem to be unavailable for the most part nowadays. and towns are the one situation i could see this being really useful for making things feel unique and fresh. but idk how deep i'd have to go to actually get a useable set to rotate through

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
I haven’t backed a Dwarven Forge Kickstarter in a while but I did back the first 3. How much you need really depends on what your goals are.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Here's a thing that isn't another LIFTS game but I'm still quite proud about.

Kill Him Faster: a ZineQuest 2023 TTRPG
Kill Him Faster mashes Inglorious Basterds, John Wick, pro sports, and time travel together in a ttrpg about competitive speed-running leagues. Build your athletes, manage your team, and win the championship by killing hitler as fast (and as often) as you can.

Strategize your approach; opt for stealth or churn through nazis like a woodchipper. Build your team's cohesion to unlock special tactics to improve your times, while being mindful of retirements and injuries.

Under the direction of a General Manager, you will lead your athletes on and off the field as they develop from rookies to the league's most valuable players!

Kill Him Faster provides rules for the full spectrum of the professional sports experience, including:

• Creating and running speed-running leagues,
  • Building a team with a roster of athletes,
  • Handling the pre-game show and post-game wrap-up,
  • Killing hitler and a bunch of nazis as fast as you can,
  • Trade days,
  • League championships,
  • Offseason events, and
  • Player exhaustion, injuries, and retirements.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/korvidae-games/kill-him-faster?ref=cv6plt

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

That's a really clever idea, I'm in.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

I have to remind myself that there's a famous series of movies called John Wick that they're probably referencing, instead of the "happy fun ball" game designer guy.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

slap me and kiss me posted:

Here's a thing that isn't another LIFTS game but I'm still quite proud about.

Kill Him Faster: a ZineQuest 2023 TTRPG
Kill Him Faster mashes Inglorious Basterds, John Wick, pro sports, and time travel together in a ttrpg about competitive speed-running leagues. Build your athletes, manage your team, and win the championship by killing hitler as fast (and as often) as you can.

Strategize your approach; opt for stealth or churn through nazis like a woodchipper. Build your team's cohesion to unlock special tactics to improve your times, while being mindful of retirements and injuries.

Under the direction of a General Manager, you will lead your athletes on and off the field as they develop from rookies to the league's most valuable players!

Kill Him Faster provides rules for the full spectrum of the professional sports experience, including:

• Creating and running speed-running leagues,
  • Building a team with a roster of athletes,
  • Handling the pre-game show and post-game wrap-up,
  • Killing hitler and a bunch of nazis as fast as you can,
  • Trade days,
  • League championships,
  • Offseason events, and
  • Player exhaustion, injuries, and retirements.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/korvidae-games/kill-him-faster?ref=cv6plt

This looks good, totally backing this.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

theironjef posted:

I have to remind myself that there's a famous series of movies called John Wick that they're probably referencing, instead of the "happy fun ball" game designer guy.

I bet it makes him FURIOUS and that makes me happy.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
To be very particularly clear, that's "John Wick avenging his puppy", not the other thing.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
A friend of mine made one of the community one-shots for Shadowdark, and they just opened their Kickstarter today:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/shadowdarkrpg/shadowdark-rpg-old-school-gaming-modernized

We're a big fan of DCC and the more quick n lethal dungeon crawling games. This one's got a fun gimmick of your only torchlight lasting an hour in real time so hasty decisions need to be made.

Parkreiner
Oct 29, 2011

Lumbermouth posted:

It’s especially delicious given his decades-long effort to build his name into a brand and then boom-- overnight SEO annihilation. If anyone ever gets an RPG license for the movies he will become literally impossible to google.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

That's just taking the piss. It's a small box of cards.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Some A to B shipping routes are still stupidly expensive as a result of the pandemic, even for things as simple as a pack of cards in an envelope

It's price gouging
It's dumb

Cool concept

I liked this one when I saw it - If I Were A Lich Man
A Jewish game about being a Lich
:allears:

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Parkreiner posted:

It’s especially delicious given his decades-long effort to build his name into a brand and then boom-- overnight SEO annihilation. If anyone ever gets an RPG license for the movies he will become literally impossible to google.

Something to aspire to.

Infinitum posted:

Cool concept

Thanks!!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kill Hitler Any% - Bunker Skip

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Lumbermouth posted:

It doesn't, he loves making 'no, not THAT John Wick, but I understand the confusion' jokes.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Spiteski posted:

That's just taking the piss. It's a small box of cards.

Shipping (and Brexit) has killed kickstarter for physical products for me, there is no way of telling what the actual price is going to be!

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Words alone cannot describe how hype the full cover is.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Just got this in today, Shield Maidens RPG (also a physical CD)

I guess I should finally learn to DM...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1990654819/shield-maidens-a-new-viking-cyberpunk-tabletop-rpg/description

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Mar 1, 2023

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Shikoku 1889 is finally in manufacturing :toot:

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

The Eyes Have It posted:

Shikoku 1889 is finally in manufacturing :toot:

August ish delivery estimated, I'm psyched

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
I was just wondering about that. I got in as a late pledge and haven't heard squat since I gave them eighty of my dollars.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Awaken Realms' next project?

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. the board game

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..
I find it incredibly frustrating that they keep getting (or coming up with) really cool IP, have beautiful production values and make games that should be completely up my alley and then always seem to combine them with absolutely garbage mechanics.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Hate that they’re slapping generic AI art all over it. Can’t they afford artists instead of this tacky poo poo?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

they also have:
https://gamefound.com/projects/awaken-realms/nemesis-retaliation

https://gamefound.com/projects/awaken-realms/dragon-eclipse

https://gamefound.com/projects/awaken-realms/ar-vault-storydice

will probably definitely get Nemesis esp if there's any sort of cross play. Dragon Eclipse is pokemon or something? looks kinda cool. And then the dice, I might get the nemesis ones just for a laugh

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

I'm very lucky to not be interested in any of these, got enough unfinished AR games sitting around...

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Redistribution of Wealth
The Death of the American Dream
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/909571740/redistribution-of-wealth-0

LOL, been a while since I'd seen one of these. They were all over Kickstarter in the Trump years.
Can't wait to see them hit the (checks notes) ...$49,000 funding goal.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yeaaaaaa I'm probably down for new Nemesis. I skipped over Lockdown, and it's like the only way to get the extra character sets.

Just whack on some Nostromo ambience and you're golden.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE39GeU2mrU

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Infinitum posted:

I liked this one when I saw it - If I Were A Lich Man
A Jewish game about being a Lich
:allears:

I'd build a deathtrap crypt with tombs by the dozen
Right near a sleepy little town!
A demon face with an annihilating sphere
There would be one long hallway just going in
And one even longer sliding down
And one more leading nowhere, just for show!

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sandypuggames/hellpiercers-tactical-harrowing-action

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

HELLPIERCERS!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sandypuggames/hellpiercers-tactical-harrowing-action

me and the boys down at the lab have been working on this for a year+ now. HELLPIERCERS is our take on the tactics TTRPG, and in typical SPG style we're also using it as a chance to give our take on the strategic map game too. Horde mechanics for huge swarms of demons, really complicated faction systems, a player character system that's more about constantly expanding your choices over a linear power treadmill, a hidden information system that uses a special journal so the GM can plot special projects behind the players backs. This thing has really gotten out of hand in a really fun way and I'm hyped to, hopefully, flesh out the incredible set of tools we've put together here. We have an amazing team, pulling together all the best folks from our previous projects, and on a personal level I've just been having a blast designing this one.

Story/Setting/Lore-wise, a few decades ago Humanity found it's way into Heaven and killed the Demiurge, an ignorant idiot god responsible for all suffering through its incompetency. In the process of killing God, they uncover secret gnostic truths about their own divinity. Humanity slowly but surely becomes a species of demi-gods, but if there's a heaven, there must be Hell, right? Newly Divine Humanity finds Hell, realizes almost all the souls to ever live are trapped there. They spend 5 years building a sci-fi space fleet, then use an orbital ritual site, carved from brass and gold, to launch that fleet like a railgun round right through the Christwound, the site of the first Harrowing. We're drawing on a lot of gnostic iconography and apocrypha, esoteric communism, lots of heavy metal and high fashion.

Anyway back please!

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Oh that explains it!

Also looks super cool, I'm backing.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

This is so incredibly my jam. Really looking forward to this.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

I know I'll probably never get to play it but I am 100% getting a physical copy. The setting sounds awesome and "4e + LANCER inspired" is like my catnip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

theironjef posted:

Oh that explains it!

Also looks super cool, I'm backing.

Same.