Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

crepeface posted:

lol didn't he literally flee the country the day of that story?

yea

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
wow crazy how a story about a guy published before he gets couped doesn't make it look like he got couped

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

batka's right

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

kronix posted:

I’m definitely not willing to starve to maintain the moral posting high ground.

ok great so dont get mad at us for smooching putin right in the lips because clearly morally speaking youre much worse than the russians in ukraine are.

because guess what not only is C-spam the most moral of all forums we also have a perfect prediction record and we'll teach you alot more than the college degree you helped commit genocide for ever will.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
belarus rear end motherfucker

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

euphronius posted:

yes

exactly

Lol

If you don't have to bear the onus of a deal you need to shut the gently caress about it. You're not the one who will have to live under such consequences!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

kronix posted:

Like if the US was caught running literal Muslim camps that’d be cool right?m

loooooolllll

they already are

theres no 'if' its 100% happening

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Lol

If you don't have to bear the onus of a deal you need to shut the gently caress about it. You're not the one who will have to live under such consequences!

why would you think this

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

crepeface posted:

wow crazy how a story about a guy published before he gets couped makes it look like he didn't get couped

He had already lost at that point - reinstating the 2004 constitution and the formation of a transitional government were going to rob him of much of his power. He wasn't targeted after that, he took what he could and ran

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Cuttlefush posted:

why would you think this

I'm being somewhat facetious for poo poo posting but it is very easy for people not being attacked to tell people being attacked how they should capitulate and that is lol

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

many people are saying

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

thats not candy posted:

many people are saying

he's right

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
What are DSP's thoughts on the Ukraine conflict?

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Let me tell you from my point of no danger in this war, how it should be ended. In this essay I will...

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Al-Saqr posted:

ok great so dont get mad at us for smooching putin right in the lips because clearly morally speaking youre much worse than the russians in ukraine are.

because guess what not only is C-spam the most moral of all forums we also have a perfect prediction record and we'll teach you alot more than the college degree you helped commit genocide for ever will.

Excuse me? That loving genocide committing degree was extremely difficult to get. And that final examination and essay, wooo boy.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN posted:

What are DSP's thoughts on the Ukraine conflict?

WHAT russia is invading me? i was only just elected dood what a bunch of bullshit its complete nonsense

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Flavahbeast posted:

He had already lost at that point - reinstating the 2004 constitution and the formation of a transitional government were going to rob him of much of his power. He wasn't targeted after that, he took what he could and ran

lol ok so your opinion is that all the diplomatic pressure from the EU + US officials, US backed violent nazi mobs, and the US picking the new prime minister wasn't a coup and that he wasn't in fear for his life?

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

spacetoaster posted:

Excuse me? That loving genocide committing degree was extremely difficult to get. And that final examination and essay, wooo boy.

Math and CS degree hence getting scooped up to a cushy job by the man

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Only engineers get the genocide degree, duh. It's a prerequisite.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

crepeface posted:

lol ok so your opinion is that all the diplomatic pressure from the EU + US officials, US backed violent nazi mobs, and the US picking the new prime minister wasn't a coup and that he wasn't in fear for his life?

quote:

Vladimir Lukin signed the agreement as a witness on behalf of President of Russia Vladimir Putin

:shrug:

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Let me tell you from my point of no danger in this war, how it should be ended. In this essay I will...

Let's tell the government we have installed and supporting (not the photogenic state, the actual security state, the guys with guns who shot that ambassador) there is a limit to our support and that we don't want an eternal proxy war that could start WW3

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

quote:

Vladimir Lukin signed the agreement as a witness on behalf of President of Russia Vladimir Putin

:thunk:

speng31b
May 8, 2010

parachute spotted

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

loooooolllll

they already are

theres no 'if' its 100% happening

I think you’re wrong and completely brainwashed but I respect your opinion as someone who doesn’t directly benefit from living in a western democracy. I don’t really blame you for not knowing how anything actually works here.

My buddy from Pakistan (who also touches computer) just bought a house in Texas and wears cowboys hats now and says y’all.

I think you’re overstating how bad the typical immigrant experience in the US. Like China which also has an excellent history of welcoming outsiders and quickly integrating them

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

wow america is so moral and cool unlike those russians and chinese

https://twitter.com/joeywreck/status/1629889944519835649?s=46&t=nuUxCS0ujXY6zmkVY9KHnA

anyways

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Flavahbeast posted:

The administration made it clear that Ukrainian-EU trade agreements are a red line. Here's an article from 2013:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/22/ukraine-european-union-trade-russia

Hot lips said last year he doesn't give a poo poo if Ukraine joins the EU.

“We have nothing against it. It is not a military bloc. It’s the right of any country to join economic unions,” Putin said on Friday when asked about the prospects of Ukraine joining the EU.
https://www.euronews.com/2022/06/18/uk-ukraine-crisis-eu-russia

ddinkins
Sep 5, 2012

First they Lukin, then they Putin

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

kronix posted:

I think you’re wrong and completely brainwashed but I respect your opinion as someone who doesn’t directly benefit from living in a western democracy. I don’t really blame you for not knowing how anything actually works here.

My buddy from Pakistan (who also touches computer) just bought a house in Texas and wears cowboys hats now and says y’all.

I think you’re overstating how bad the typical immigrant experience in the US. Like China which also has an excellent history of welcoming outsiders and quickly integrating them

Can you tone it down?

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

ddinkins posted:

First they Lukin, then they Putin

Yep.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

kronix posted:

I think you’re wrong and completely brainwashed but I respect your opinion as someone who doesn’t directly benefit from living in a western democracy.

Brain washed by who?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the biggest troll in this thread is that the united states is good and not bad

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

kronix posted:

I think you’re overstating how bad the typical immigrant experience in the US.
:aochloe:

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

so that's a yes? you don't think it was a coup?

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

kronix posted:

Math and CS degree hence getting scooped up to a cushy job by the man

it is really depressing how there is no other industry other than the war crimes factory that will employ a math and computer science major :allears:

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

I'm being somewhat facetious for poo poo posting but it is very easy for people not being attacked to tell people being attacked how they should capitulate and that is lol

We're talking to each other. We are not making the posts into paper airplanes and throwing them at random Ukrainians.

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Brain washed by who?

Whatever the opposite of western media is.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Are you seriously suggesting that Abu Ghraib and guantanamo didn't happen cuz of "brain washing"?

Or is this a brown-people thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Flavahbeast posted:

He lost the coup? Well, yah.