Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Just got a Japanese ditto in surprise trade if anybody wants it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Support Armarouge finally got me Leaves, Reflect/Clear Smog/Lava Plume to cheese burn/Acid Spray as filler, onto dragon suicune

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Well shoot, I want the fun new guys, but I literally started the game Saturday. Is there any way to reasonably make this happen while the event is active, without pissing off randos?

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

you’ve got until March 12th, and if you don’t manage to finish the main story by then the good news is the event will come back—it says as much in the fine print on the website.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
zerging the story to unlock raids can burn a person out, as it goes, and all the narrative stuff is the highlight of this Gen, so just take your time and enjoy yourself, please

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

you’ve got until March 12th, and if you don’t manage to finish the main story by then the good news is the event will come back—it says as much in the fine print on the website.

If I give away the Iron Leaves I caught today can I try again with a friend ball next time?

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Flopsy posted:

If I give away the Iron Leaves I caught today can I try again with a friend ball next time?

Doesn't look like it. I released my Iron Leaves which had a Careful nature and only Great IVs so I released it to have another go. However, I got the prompt that I won't be able to catch another Iron Leaves and it disappeared after finishing the raid. Aww gently caress.

And unfortunately, I had saved after releasing the Iron Leaves so I have no way to get it back. :sigh:

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Edward IV posted:

Doesn't look like it. I released my Iron Leaves which had a Careful nature and only Great IVs so I released it to have another go. However, I got the prompt that I won't be able to catch another Iron Leaves and it disappeared after finishing the raid. Aww gently caress.

And unfortunately, I had saved after releasing the Iron Leaves so I have no way to get it back. :sigh:

Ah well, mines in a dusk ball so it's not the end of the world. Just wanted to check if it was doable first.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

wizard2 posted:

zerging the story to unlock raids can burn a person out, as it goes, and all the narrative stuff is the highlight of this Gen, so just take your time and enjoy yourself, please

Yeah, I should say if you get through it organically in that time—I’m not recommending running through as fast as you can or anything!

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Soloed Walking Wake handily with Iron Hands (didn't even think about using the Clodsire I just made, seriously, gently caress) and then I tried to do Iron Leaves with others using Gholdengo and got wrecked each time. Ended up going back to the solo route, this time using Ceruledge so I could Clear Smog every time it tried Swords Dance, and beat it on the first attempt.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Diet Poison posted:

Soloed Walking Wake handily with Iron Hands (didn't even think about using the Clodsire I just made, seriously, gently caress) and then I tried to do Iron Leaves with others using Gholdengo and got wrecked each time. Ended up going back to the solo route, this time using Ceruledge so I could Clear Smog every time it tried Swords Dance, and beat it on the first attempt.

Had a Kingambit as a teammate who just straight up massacred Iron Leaves in one hit. Maybe I've just had stupid good luck, or all these 6+ raids have made me more accustomed to pain and wildly stupid decisions so when people do smart things i'm blown away.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Eventually got my Iron Leaves by using a Volcarona with Will-o-Wisp, Quiver Dance and Bug Buzz and holding a Wide Lens.

Looking forward to the DLC! That turtle is amazing and I want a big, retro, rhinestone brooch of it. I hope we get more clothes with the DLC, since it looks like we might get festival wear and new school uniforms. I think it would be cool if some of the outfits from Legends made it in as festival wear. In the meantime, I am happily wearing a peach shirt.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Okay, after all this time I have finished most of the game and can now get back to reading the thread and... oh god I've missed so much didn't I? Haven't played with any guides, just going by in-game info. I still have no idea about so many changes :v: I also see talk of new Pokemon? I didn't even finish catching the Paradox ones! Hell I didn't even get to finish a single shrine, I did find some random stakes tho. Got to the point where the history teacher marked it on my map, so I'll get onto that.

So I'm halfway through the post-game, but decided to take a detour to finally finish all my lessons at the academy in case it is needed for the big thing at the end and boy, the music will haunt my loving dreams. What a bizzare choice to never change it.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Kikas posted:

Okay, after all this time I have finished most of the game and can now get back to reading the thread and... oh god I've missed so much didn't I? Haven't played with any guides, just going by in-game info. I still have no idea about so many changes :v: I also see talk of new Pokemon? I didn't even finish catching the Paradox ones! Hell I didn't even get to finish a single shrine, I did find some random stakes tho. Got to the point where the history teacher marked it on my map, so I'll get onto that.

So I'm halfway through the post-game, but decided to take a detour to finally finish all my lessons at the academy in case it is needed for the big thing at the end and boy, the music will haunt my loving dreams. What a bizzare choice to never change it.

Tera raids for more paradox mons available at the moment if you're interested. Both versions are available for online raids thank god but Scarlet players are eating good today I must say. I love my fluffy water raptor child.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Besides IVs, is there anything "better" about pokemon in six/seven star raids compared to five star raids, for instance? Would that mean there's no reason to just catch an easier 5 star mon and hyoer train it?

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

Calico Heart posted:

Besides IVs, is there anything "better" about pokemon in six/seven star raids compared to five star raids, for instance? Would that mean there's no reason to just catch an easier 5 star mon and hyoer train it?

Between the pokemon themselves? No (except for event exclusive ones which might be in 7* raids and can only be caught once in them)

they will have more raid rewards though (EXP candies etc). some items like bottle caps, ability caps, HMs have a slightly higher (1-3% or so) chance to drop in a 6* versus a 5*.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Calico Heart posted:

the seven stars are essentially collectable limited time raid bosses. off the top of my head, the only FOMO is a Mark which confers a cosmetic title!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

A bit late but im disappointed these new paradoxes weren't the fusions people were predicting they'd be from the book pics. Was really hoping for a musketeer voltron.

E: Walking Wave is pretty rad though

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Walking Wake went down easily with Miraidon on my first try. Leaves took a few attempts but Opportunist Espathra with Foul Play seemed to work out - thanks to the random host with a profile photo of some woman's feet that carried.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Managed to nab both of the new paradoxes last night. Thanks for the suggestions on the support Grimmsnarl, i had just gotten mine set up when the new raids dropped.

Named my Iron Leaves 'Eramis' after its Three Muskateers basis.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

xedo posted:

Managed to nab both of the new paradoxes last night. Thanks for the suggestions on the support Grimmsnarl, i had just gotten mine set up when the new raids dropped.

Named my Iron Leaves 'Eramis' after its Three Muskateers basis.

Aramis, isn't it? Is that guy spelled differently elsewhere? That's a really cool name and I might change mine to Athos.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Flopsy posted:

Tera raids for more paradox mons available at the moment if you're interested. Both versions are available for online raids thank god but Scarlet players are eating good today I must say. I love my fluffy water raptor child.

Oh, how to find these on the map? Do I need to get lucky with the right type raid or are these special raids marked somehow? AMD what's that about 7 star ones? I've never seen or beaten any 5* ones, any tips on going for them. My good dogs are around lvl 70, but still struggle sometimes...

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Kikas posted:

Oh, how to find these on the map? Do I need to get lucky with the right type raid or are these special raids marked somehow? AMD what's that about 7 star ones? I've never seen or beaten any 5* ones, any tips on going for them. My good dogs are around lvl 70, but still struggle sometimes...

You need to beat the story to get 5 stars on your map, and then a postgame thing to get 6 stars. 7 stars are for special events.

For 6 stars you really want to be at least like level 90+, hopefully with some amount of EV training. For 7 stars you need to be 100 and fully EV trained to have a chance.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

The event raid dens have a little swirly effect around their map icon.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
After you do the e4 and the Ace tournament you should get a call to tell you there are more powerful raids

You have to beat quite a few 5 stars to unlock 6 star iirc

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Treecko posted:

After you do the e4 and the Ace tournament you should get a call to tell you there are more powerful raids

You have to beat quite a few 5 stars to unlock 6 star iirc

It's 10 I believe, though they don't have to be your own

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

HopperUK posted:

Aramis, isn't it? Is that guy spelled differently elsewhere? That's a really cool name and I might change mine to Athos.

No no it's always spelled Aramis, but since the paradox Pokemon is maybe from an alt future/a different era... Era-mis.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

RatHat posted:

It's 10 I believe, though they don't have to be your own

4-stars count too

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

xedo posted:

No no it's always spelled Aramis, but since the paradox Pokemon is maybe from an alt future/a different era... Era-mis.

That's SO GOOD. I have to step up my nicknaming game.

e: this goddamn Rufflet outbreak is on top of the cliff I can't climb because I'm too early in my Scarlet run. If I didn't already have a shiny Rufflet I would be sad.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Man... I wish I could get excited about DLC and new Pokémon, but I just can't this time. Not when the base game is such a mess and it's barely been addressed. It's cool we're getting a couple new ones for free right now, at least.

I saw some people talking about clothes. Is it confirmed we can finally get out of that dreadfully limited uniform system? It's a small thing, but it does contribute to me not wanting to return to SV.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Forsythia posted:

Man... I wish I could get excited about DLC and new Pokémon, but I just can't this time. Not when the base game is such a mess and it's barely been addressed. It's cool we're getting a couple new ones for free right now, at least.

I saw some people talking about clothes. Is it confirmed we can finally get out of that dreadfully limited uniform system? It's a small thing, but it does contribute to me not wanting to return to SV.

There are some new outfits for buying the DLC, they're still uniforms. The first DLC does seem to have some that look like traditional Japanese clothes though

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
I migrated years ago and I spent pretty much 80% of my weekly hobby and games in a week time since the announcement last year beating or bouncing off 3DS Pokemon games and getting those once per game catches.

Hall of Fame 2022
Ultra Sun
Ultra Moon
OmegaRuby
X
Yellow
FireRed

Wall of Shame 2022
Crystal
Emerald

Honorable Mention 2022
2nd complete playthrough of Yellow

but Pokebros, did they explicitly spell out anywhere how Pokemon Bank and Pokemon Transporter going to work after March 27th 2023?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

wizard2 posted:

but Pokebros, did they explicitly spell out anywhere how Pokemon Bank and Pokemon Transporter going to work after March 27th 2023?

They work the same you just can't download them from the e-shop anymore, and Pokemon Bank will be free.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

All they've said AFAIK is that those services will be free going forward.

Just got a different Vivillon! I saw something about that - are they already able to be in the game or did someone do something complicated? I frickin love the Vivillons.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

There's a new form that comes from PokemonGo, there's a postcard you can transfer from PoGo to S/V and it will let you capture the Vivillon forms depending on where the postcard is from:

https://www.dexerto.com/pokemon/how-to-get-different-vivillon-patterns-in-pokemon-scarlet-violet-with-pokemon-go-2072413/

It also lets you capture Gimmighoul and send over coins to evolve it into a new form:
https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/connect-pokemon-go-to-pokemon-scarlet-and-pokemon-violet

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
its an assured 50 freakin ghoul coins a day btw

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

it is now possible to get every Vivillon form except Pokéball in SV, meaning 19 of ‘em. I only had one Savanna postcard in Go but now I’m ready to add it to my collection when Home comes 😎

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

That's awesome.:) I got the Continental one in a Surprise Trade. I don't really play Go any more so here's hoping the traders are generous.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Vivillion rules I had so many

Rip my event Cherish ball one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I haven't bought the DLC yet so it was nice to get a Hisuian Zorua via Surprise Trade this morning. I'll have to work to get a Timid one in a Premier ball though.