Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I'm trying to think of what a smart trashcan would be for, and I honestly have no idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I'm trying to think of what a smart trashcan would be for, and I honestly have no idea.

To harvest your data and sell it off to the highest bidder.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

To sell what you are throwing away instead of recycling so Al Gore can hunt you down.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
If there was any new game I wanted to play, this is a super deal

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Keep dogs out because they are dumb

---
Free Chinatown

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

esperantinc posted:

No deals to be found with normal plebian trash cans, of course. Unless you need a pack of 12 of them, then maybe the business center could cover you.

Pretty sure I've seen the Brute combo at the BC before, if you're down with the commercial foodservice aesthetic.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

just went to church to get the meme pizza - the motor city deep dish. quite a few fellow shoppers had it in their carts. i will report back with results.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

holy poo poo costco does appliances? do they do like, delivery/installation too? I need to replace my lovely dishwasher

gonna go after work today, look around, see what's available. also found out there's a second costco that's not a like, entirely miserable distance from me. pretty neat stuff

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Only through the app? I just checked the Citi website and couldn't find anything about how to get my money.

Yeah you can do it on the website. Click where your current rewards is and it's in that section. It should show the prior one and allow you to direct deposit.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

death cob for cutie posted:

holy poo poo costco does appliances? do they do like, delivery/installation too? I need to replace my lovely dishwasher
Yeah but that's all through the third party vendor so if they gently caress up you complain and get a gift card.

I'm not 100% on the prices but if it includes the same care as lost other costco stuff...

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Ineffiable posted:

Yeah you can do it on the website. Click where your current rewards is and it's in that section. It should show the prior one and allow you to direct deposit.

Found it! Thank you.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

FilthyImp posted:

Yeah but that's all through the third party vendor so if they gently caress up you complain and get a gift card.

I'm not 100% on the prices but if it includes the same care as lost other costco stuff...

It seems to not. IIRC someone in this thread had a problem with a TV mount installation failing and breaking the TV, and Costco basically said it was not their problem. I could be wrong, but there was a whole discussion around who was responsible, but in real life, no one was handling it and I think the goon in question ended up eating the cost.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Fozzy The Bear posted:

If there was any new game I wanted to play, this is a super deal

Hopefully you aren't being serious because this is a terrible deal.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

MarcusSA posted:

Hopefully you aren't being serious because this is a terrible deal.

oh, I haven't bought a computer in 6+ years, I thought the 4080 being $1300 just by itself made this a good deal. I guess Costco doesn't have good prices on computer anymore?

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
Costco has awful prices on computers, especially laptops.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Fozzy The Bear posted:

oh, I haven't bought a computer in 6+ years, I thought the 4080 being $1300 just by itself made this a good deal. I guess Costco doesn't have good prices on computer anymore?

Well the 4080 is an awful value and even still another $1000 on top of it for those parts aren’t great either.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

pencilhands posted:

just went to church to get the meme pizza - the motor city deep dish. quite a few fellow shoppers had it in their carts. i will report back with results.

meme pizza? They've had that for years now, it's good!

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Enos Cabell posted:

meme pizza? They've had that for years now, it's good!

Just had it. That was the bomb dot com!

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
just had my first costco run, takeaways:

- they didn't have dick for sparkling water today but tbh my favorite kind is the target generic so that may be a no-go lol
- somehow I didn't find oat milk anywhere? I may be blind
- they did have my favorite cereal and the fig bars that I like at an incredible discount from standard grocery prices so I got two months worth of each for a grand total of like sixty bucks
- didn't hit the food court because my guts have been fucky all day
- gonna have to get some of those thin-sliced frozen chicken breasts after I run out of mine because drat

in conclusion: PBUC

pencilhands posted:

saw this as well and was tempted but I have had like a shitton of pizza in the past week so I decided tonight was not the night. hoping it's good when I try it because I love detroit-style deep dish but the last two times I've tried it frozen have been... I would hesitate to call a frozen pizza "traumatic" but the digiorno deep dish I tried with the pan you bake it in was so dogshit I couldn't even finish a slice

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

death cob for cutie posted:

just had my first costco run, takeaways:

- they didn't have dick for sparkling water today but tbh my favorite kind is the target generic so that may be a no-go lol
- somehow I didn't find oat milk anywhere? I may be blind
- they did have my favorite cereal and the fig bars that I like at an incredible discount from standard grocery prices so I got two months worth of each for a grand total of like sixty bucks
- didn't hit the food court because my guts have been fucky all day
- gonna have to get some of those thin-sliced frozen chicken breasts after I run out of mine because drat

in conclusion: PBUC

saw this as well and was tempted but I have had like a shitton of pizza in the past week so I decided tonight was not the night. hoping it's good when I try it because I love detroit-style deep dish but the last two times I've tried it frozen have been... I would hesitate to call a frozen pizza "traumatic" but the digiorno deep dish I tried with the pan you bake it in was so dogshit I couldn't even finish a slice
Don’t worry! I’m a frozen pizza aficionado and this stuff was really good.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
costco soda prices are bullshit.

the dairy prices are where it's at though. like, yeah I'm gonna buy the 3 pound tub of sour cream for 3.49. That's the price for 1 pound at the grocery store.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I only buy Fairlife now since that stuff lasts like 2 months. I don't think I've seen it at mine.

edit: I never really looked before so that may have been it

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
The Detroit pizza is real good but why is it a meme pizza now?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Soul Dentist posted:

The Detroit pizza is real good but why is it a meme pizza now?

I'm assuming someone on Tiktock or Instagram found it

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I believe it is "The tickory dickory tocks" my good sir.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

the boba bars taste like what i imagine kids think name brand cereal their parents pull them away from in the grocery aisle taste like

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
What's the problem with costco soda prices? Where do you find cheaper soda?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Cheap soda seems to have gone the way of the dodo for some mystical reason I'm too stupid to understand.

It's 8.99 for a 12 pack at my Kroger in nowhere middle America. I swear it was between 4 and 5 bucks 2 years ago

I never drank much anyway but I drink even less now.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Yeah I basically think soda is too expensive if it’s more than 50 cents a can and even that price is more than I’d like to spend if I’m buying in bulk. The best deals are usually at chain grocery stores that have coupons like buy 2 get 2 which makes it worth it even at like $8 a pack. I used to live by a Safeway that had that deal all the time but the area I live in now barely has any soda deals.

I’ve mostly learned to drink less soda and be less picky about store brand cola.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP
Yeah I drink way less soda now which is definitely a good thing. Soda should not cost more than like $5 for a 12 pack wtf.

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
Not sure about America, but I know a while back Coke and Pepsi both increased the minimum price in Canada they would let retailers sell their 12 packs. We used to be able to find them for like $2.50-3.00 on sale but now they are a minimum of about $4.99 "on sale" and about $7-8 while not on sale. Definitely not collusion and only to cover their increased costs, I am sure.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

pentyne posted:

What's the problem with costco soda prices? Where do you find cheaper soda?

Soda is often a loss leader for supermarkets. Kroger might mark 12 packs down to 3 for 14 or something. That'll get people in the door where they buy other high margin items hopefully. The only loss leader Costco has is the rotisserie chicken I think.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

skipdogg posted:

Soda is often a loss leader for supermarkets. Kroger might mark 12 packs down to 3 for 14 or something. That'll get people in the door where they buy other high margin items hopefully. The only loss leader Costco has is the rotisserie chicken I think.

Excuse me, the hotdog wants to say you're wrong.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

I feel like they must lose money on gas too. It’s always way cheaper than everywhere else

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

pencilhands posted:

I feel like they must lose money on gas too. It’s always way cheaper than everywhere else

No one ever loses money on gas.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

man those motor city pizzas were good but my rear end is ripping up a storm this morning.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

MarcusSA posted:

No one ever loses money on gas.

If they aren't making record profits, are they not losing (out on more) money?

*edited for clarity*

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

You drill a hole in the ground and gasoline comes pouring out it’s basically pure profit.

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Visited church during my lunch break - 165.55 including chicken bake and 20oz fountain drink with refill

The nut bars and peanut butter filled pretzels are my current snacking addiction. I don't stay up past 11 without at least a handful of pretzels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

pencilhands posted:

My understanding is that lots of the big chains that undercut individual stations basically have algorithms that figure out how low they can sell gas while still making profits. poo poo's loving bonkers compared to the hot dog formula ($1.99 [or I'll loving murder you])