Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Honestly, increasing the base credit income (the 100 credit boxes) to 400 would probably do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Bottom Liner posted:

Well, pick a side already. This was like 3 hours ago.
Early pool 3ers aren't endgame. They're midgame. Endgame is post pool 3 completion.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Yeah, the game has three distinct progression phases. Pre-S3 (sub 600 CL), S3 (600-3k CL), and Post-S3.

Well, I guess four if you count people with a full collection, but that's a handful of streamers and addicted whales who make up maybe .001% of the population.

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
Wanted to change my ign to "The Rock" with "Little Smelly but Otherwise Fine" as my title but I don't have the title. Rip my meme name dream.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Weird interaction kind of. Or unexpected.

Murderworld was turn 2 location, turn 3 lamernia (the not revealed this turn loc). Opp plays a card turn in Murderworld, isnt revealed. Turn 3 he plays armor and Murderworld killed both cards before armor fully flipped

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Finally hit 500 :toot: What are the cards I should pin as soon as I see them. Shuri, Galactus, Aero, what else? I only have two pool 3 cards right now (Viper and Red Skull :gonk:) so if there's anything that works well in a pool 2 deck let me know

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I just got Lockjaw, so I'm trying out a new deck with him. I started getting matched up against Thanos decks, which I had rarely ever seen before. Switched to my Zoo deck, which got destroyed three times in a row by Killmonger decks. Back to Lockjaw and I'm immediately seeing Thanos again.

They're really trying to say player deck doesn't affect matchmaking?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
why would it be a thing they would lie about

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's like any other confirmation bias, you notice it when it's happening and not all the times it doesn't. Plus there's like 7 or 8 archetypes in this game, if you play 5 matches you're going to see a lot of recognizable stuff.
And that's people saying it's geared towards mirror matches, thinking that it recognizes you're playing a zoo deck so it picks someone with Killmonger? How would that even work?

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

May not want "certain decks match you against certain decks" to take over the meta discussion :shrug:

Maybe they're telling the truth and it's just a bizarre, repeatable coincidence

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Every video game I've ever played with bot opponents has had accusations of psychic bots responding to hidden information. Card games, shooter games, racing games, you name it, I've seen people accuse the bots of hacking. Sure, it happens some times, but most of the time it's just plain bad luck.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The bots do know what you're going to play (and what your random cards will pull) before they make their play, that's not paranoia that's just flatly true in snap and the devs have more or less confirmed this (not that they need to, it's pretty obvious). You could see it most obviously with old leader when they would do weird messed up stuff when you played leader (or pulled leader from jubilee) like play their cards into death's domain or pass their turn entirely. They're often programmed to make sure you win and it can be a fun game to see how badly they'll throw to ensure your win.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Mar 1, 2023

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Youremother posted:

Finally hit 500 :toot: What are the cards I should pin as soon as I see them. Shuri, Galactus, Aero, what else? I only have two pool 3 cards right now (Viper and Red Skull :gonk:) so if there's anything that works well in a pool 2 deck let me know

afaik the one card archetypes are usually pretty decent picks even if they're not at their best- i.e. Sera and Destroyer (to be clear: Ongoing Destroyer is weak right now but still okish and basically complete with pool 1-2 cards [with only a few marginal upgrades in pool 3] which makes it a tempting pickup early)

after that I'd look for cards played across multiple good decks (Mystique, She-Hulk), archetype-defining cards that are a bit less self-contained/need more pool 3 support (Patriot, Cerebro, Electro, Dracula, Death, Wave, Mister Negative, Lockjaw, etc.), and complementary pieces for things you already have (i.e. if you have Patriot then you're much happier to open Ultron/Dr. Doom and vice versa, and that Red Skull you have looks much better if you happen to snag a Shuri, which in turn makes a card like Taskmaster go from "meh" to "must have" [but not worth going out of your way to get before Shuri])

e: I think this video is a pretty fair take
e2: oh and I guess I should point out that Thanos (as another eternal pool 5) is worthy of consideration in the same way (and with the same important "he's stupid expensive and wants pool 3+ support, so probably don't actually pin him unless you've got a big 'ol stockpile of tokens or some of those cards already" caveats) as Galactus since he's the basis of the current Best Deck

LGD fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Mar 1, 2023

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I'm mostly just venting and acknowledge it probably isn't a thing. But I've seen Infinity Stone cards played against me maybe three times in two months of playing, and then several times today against Lockjaw. That's weird!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
After my tirade I swapped to a DinoZoo deck and have just gone on a winning spree. I'm telling you, venting in this thread leads to wins.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

Youremother posted:

Absolutely not pin Galactus at 500. Aero, yes.

Here's a good tweet to gauge what you want https://twitter.com/KMBestMS/status/1629891023869542401?t=lK_avibirTc3zscJOYLzFQ&s=19

Born in Bexhill
Apr 9, 2007
So if you get a Kang from X-Mansion, do you restart that turn and in effect get Kang again at the end of the turn from said X-Mansion, thereby creating a “Groundhog Day starring Bill Murray”-esque situation where the game just loops forever?

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Edit: Me dun goof'd

Waffleopolis fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Mar 1, 2023

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Born in Bexhill posted:

So if you get a Kang from X-Mansion, do you restart that turn and in effect get Kang again at the end of the turn from said X-Mansion, thereby creating a “Groundhog Day starring Bill Murray”-esque situation where the game just loops forever?
Good question. I know at least one infinite kang interaction has been found:
https://twitter.com/BraudeSnap/status/1630668527270076419

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Waffleopolis posted:

Here's a good tweet to gauge what you want

Great stuff here, thanks! My current card is Crossbones so yeah, let's give it a little time then.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Youremother posted:

Great stuff here, thanks! My current card is Crossbones so yeah, let's give it a little time then.

Also I'm a bit over 1,000 more cl then you and in the last month and a half I've collected almost 3,000 tokens. It's going to be a while before you can afford anything from Series 5 so you may as well get good cards from series 3 first. Also don't waste tokens on series 4 since they will drop anyway.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Youremother posted:

Every video game I've ever played with bot opponents has had accusations of psychic bots responding to hidden information. Card games, shooter games, racing games, you name it, I've seen people accuse the bots of hacking. Sure, it happens some times, but most of the time it's just plain bad luck.

Not in Snap. Back in beta there were fewer bots and fewer players, so it was possible to play the same bot twice running. I did once, and in game 1 I saw every card in its deck. Game 2 it had the same deck, but it played a clutch Cosmo against me that I hadn't seen in game 1.

You will also rarely see a bot reveal Cyclops or Thing in a deck with no reason to run them (i.e. not Patriot), always in a situation where there's no valid tech card against you. I am fairly certain that those two cards are in every bot deck - possibly Amy Chav as well; bots have that a lot and it would explain why they so often topdeck perfectly on 6 - and are the objects that are permitted to change and become tech cards. So the bots do cheat, but they're limited in just how much they can cheat.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

No Wave posted:

Good question. I know at least one infinite kang interaction has been found:
https://twitter.com/BraudeSnap/status/1630668527270076419

Hold the game hostage until they give you da cubes!

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Walla posted:

Also don't waste tokens on series 4 since they will drop anyway.

Does this advice include Shuri because I have her pinned and I just crossed over 3k with Token Tuesday and I can't decide if I should pull the trigger or hold on and hope, iunno, Thanos or Galactus (or maybe Kang) comes into my shop.

Not quite S3 complete, but the cards I'm missing are like. Destroyer, Gambit, Colleen Wing, Luke Cake, Miles Morales, Leader, Black Cat, Black Widow, Black Bolt....and I think that's it?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Skippy McPants posted:

Hold the game hostage until they give you da cubes!

"I can do this all day"

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Youremother posted:

my understanding is that it's not really an accusation so much as an openly acknowledged fact in Snap - there are multiple types/levels of bots and while the lower level ones play randomly and do stuff that even a very poor human player wouldn't, the toughest ones do absolutely "see" the unrevealed cards you've put down and make their own plays in response to them, so if you try to bluff those bots or do a 50/50 play you'll loose 100 times out of 100 (conversely they're not actually strategic "thinkers" and are still pulling cards out of actual decks Second Dinner put together for them, so if you can put them in a situation where you're winning 2 lanes regardless of what they play they'll default to winning the other lane as hard as possible, and if you get good at exploiting them you can farm the bots up to ridiculously high Infinite Levels)

Artelier posted:

Does this advice include Shuri because I have her pinned and I just crossed over 3k with Token Tuesday and I can't decide if I should pull the trigger or hold on and hope, iunno, Thanos or Galactus (or maybe Kang) comes into my shop.

Not quite S3 complete, but the cards I'm missing are like. Destroyer, Gambit, Colleen Wing, Luke Cake, Miles Morales, Leader, Black Cat, Black Widow, Black Bolt....and I think that's it?

imo, definitely get Shuri if you want to enjoy her while she's busted- she'll get downgraded eventually, but will probably be nerfed well before then and you should have all the other cards to build Shuri Zero which is one of the best decks in the format

LGD fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Mar 1, 2023

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Back up to 58 from 42. Shits getting real, boys. I'm proud of what I've accomplished.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Artelier posted:

Buy Shuri. You have all the cards you need for Shuri Zero, and SD said they don't have plans to nerf her so unless they change their mind she'll be good for a while yet, and she won't be going to S3 for another few months.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Artelier posted:

You should probably get Shuri. Since locking into her there's (almost) no deck that I won't put her in.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Shuri is great.

Kang him my shop. I have 3k, and like 5k gold, so theoretically he’s buyable in the next ~month. I think I’ll leave him pinned and see how people are viewing him.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I just wanna point something out.

Someone snaps on Turn 6.

Do they have the perfect answer and are trying to get you to retreat?

Or are they about to bluff it with Kang?

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Quackles posted:

Someone snaps on Turn 6.

IMHO, snap t6 is not good. Either they got the perfect situation and you* are too dumb to leave OR they are attempting to intimidate you* OR they snapped randomly.

Any way: deprive them of the cubes. In any of those cases

Good snaps are on t3, t4, t5. Anything else should inspire a bail.

I'll revisit this post when I've seen enough Kamg but I expect my position to remain consistent.

*you is me talking to myself, not any specific users

The Sean fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Mar 1, 2023

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Quackles posted:

Someone snaps on Turn 6.

Most likely if they Snap on turn 6, they think they have an answer against whatever you're about to do. If you haven't Snapped, and you can see all the counterplay lines, now's the time to Snap back!!

But yeah generally it's not a good idea to Snap on 6. For me personally, if I'm confident I'll Snap back (and quite a number of my 8 cube wins are this), and if it's a 50/50 then I miiiight stay on and risk losing 4 cubes, and if I really think it's a long shot it'll just induce me to retreat (whereas if it's a long shot I might stay on and be willing to lose 2 cubes).

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Bought the more magic bundle.

My mystery variant was this Kraven

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Nice that they made a location that appears to be "hope you have cerebro".

Pixeltendo posted:

Bought the more magic bundle.

My mystery variant was this Kraven

I got pixel Mysterio.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

My Mystery Variant is....Ant-Man. Because I clearly needed another Ant-Man.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Tag yourself if the More Mystery bundle gave you a pixel variant

I got Sera, my buddy got Abomination

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
This zone sucks for everyone who isn't running cage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I bought Shuri but I can't find a good spot for her. Put her in my She Hulk/Infinaut deck but so far the stars haven't aligned.
Also my mystery variant was the Sabretooth one where he's standing around menacingly, which is fine I guess