Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

skipdogg posted:

Soda is often a loss leader for supermarkets. Kroger might mark 12 packs down to 3 for 14 or something. That'll get people in the door where they buy other high margin items hopefully. The only loss leader Costco has is the rotisserie chicken I think.

Costcos entire business model is “break even on merchandise, make profits on memberships and services”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

bought hot italian sausages last costco trip and i didnt notice that the expiry date was literally the next day. didnt notice that they were bad until i went to use them and they smelled pretty gross. im pretty good about checking expiry dates and such but the one time i didnt. im sure costco will make it right though, took pics of the receipt and the expiry and all that.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

pencilhands posted:

do chicken bakes make anyone elses farts smell like a rotting skunk carcass

pencilhands posted:

prepare to rip some heinous farts

pencilhands posted:

man those motor city pizzas were good but my rear end is ripping up a storm this morning.

Dude

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Costco thread gonna save a poster’s life by diagnosing them with a GI bleed

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
:lol:

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

OP has a gluten intolerance.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Your poisoned digestive system is making the municipal sewer system too loving crowded.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
$1.50 for a hot dog, soda (with refill), and undiagnosed Crohn's

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Lol go to an emergency care clinic

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Yeah lol gluten intolerant. Get yourself an allergy test my dude.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Don’t listen to the haters OP that’s just how god made you :angel::fart::angel:

E: and god don’t make mistakes! :colbert:

TrashMammal fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Mar 1, 2023

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

They can just choose to live off of the various 4505 chicharron flavors if they can't have gluten

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Wendigee posted:

Lol go to an emergency care clinic

“Help doctor I fart too much”

What are they gonna say

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

pencilhands posted:

What are they gonna say

They're gonna look inside your anus bruh

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Costco is one of my favorite places to rip rear end. It’s so big and full of so many people that you can anonymously crop dust easily

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Laterite posted:

Your poisoned digestive system is making the municipal sewer system too loving crowded.

not emptyquoting

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
fart jokes are the height of comedy imo.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

acidx posted:

fart jokes are the height of comedy imo.

:emptyquote:

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

I was just at Costco and they had dried mangosteen

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

pencilhands posted:

What are they gonna say

“My diseased & rotting anus is negatively impacting my life and that of those around me.”

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
But doctor, I am Poopliacci

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Dr I think I'm having a fart attack :fart:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

pencilhands posted:

What are they gonna say

Maybe they will give you a fecal transplant and right your rear end in a top hat with someone else's poo poo.

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001
Re: Soda Chat

It's weird how pricing is these days. I just got a 30 pack of soda from Costco in Japan for 1300 yen ($9.60 usd). The hotdog is only 180 yen or $1.33.

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

Soon.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

numberoneposter posted:

bought hot italian sausages last costco trip and i didnt notice that the expiry date was literally the next day. didnt notice that they were bad until i went to use them and they smelled pretty gross. im pretty good about checking expiry dates and such but the one time i didnt. im sure costco will make it right though, took pics of the receipt and the expiry and all that.

My stupid rear end bought a package of Italian sausage and peppers from there that was swelled up like a football, practically bursting out of its outer cardboard label.

I was like “wow, this one is super stuffed and has got to have a bunch more food in it” and when I told my wife about it the next day as I was getting ready to prepare it, she was like “no dipshit, somebody didn’t refrigerate it properly and it’s swelling with gas because it’s rotten. If you eat that, you’re probably going to wish you were dead, assuming it doesn’t kill you outright.”

Anyway, I guess the lesson here is that Costco sucks at sausage.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
This is the only sausage I buy from Costco

A+

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Those are good but I feel like they cost just a little bit too much to qualify as my regular sausage

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Fozzy The Bear posted:

This is the only sausage I buy from Costco

A+

Oh yeah those are good

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

went to self checkout yesterday, and an employee used her scanning gun to ring up everything in my cart for me.

try to leave, and door receipt dude stops me because she forgot to do the $5 bag of chips

:negative:

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

door receipt guy lives for that thrill. what a rush. you got one, bob. straight to jail.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Yeah sure it was an “employee” with a “scanning gun” it wasn’t you trying to steal from church

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

bird with big dick posted:

Yeah sure it was an “employee” with a “scanning gun” it wasn’t you trying to steal from church

I would have tried to steal something better than a bag of chips :colbert:

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
I live right across the street from church… as in we go there every other day and carry one of the insulated Costco bags you get when you sign up for auto renewal. We almost never get a cart either. Most of the Costco employees know us and say hi and/or ask where my partner is when I go alone. As you. An imagine, we have the routine down.

Every time one of the Costco peeps tries to help on self-checkout, it always makes things take longer. It’s really annoying if someone knew thinks they can help out. That said, I don’t blame them. We live in the ghetto part of a rich neighborhood of olds. I’ve seen them pull up with a cart to self-checkout and literally wait for someone to scan everything for them. You wouldn’t think someone on a mobility scooter would go to self-checkout but you’d be wrong.

Most church trips are a blessing though.

And we don’t get a ton of special treatment at the door when they check the receipt. I’m actually impressed even though it sucks to have to put down a shoulder bag with kitty litter and vinegar weighing 60lbs so they can check it. Meh, they got a job to do.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
One of my favorite little things is grabbing a cart from a parking lot return stile and walking with it right past the line of lazys waiting for a cart at the entrance

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

Crusty Nutsack posted:

went to self checkout yesterday, and an employee used her scanning gun to ring up everything in my cart for me.

try to leave, and door receipt dude stops me because she forgot to do the $5 bag of chips

:negative:

A Costco employee told me the door checkers are there to help ensure that the customer doesn’t overpay for an item being rung up twice or something. She wasn’t particularly pleased when I laughed and said bull-loving-poo poo.

Like two trips later, we had an issue where an Apple Watch we bought wasn’t actually in the store room, so it got canceled out and a different colored watch was wrung up instead on a new receipt. loving door guy stopped just short of calling a defcon-1 emergency until it was explained to him by us and then by the storeroom employee why the receipts were separate. Even then I got the sense he still distrusted us as we left the building.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Laterite posted:

Butt doctor, I am Poopliacci

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Who are these mystical receipt checkers who actually read the receipts that closely? The checkers in New England glance toward my receipts then look away in disgust as if they were told to watch me pee for a drug test.

Also for soda chat, I switched like 5 years ago to mostly those flavor water squirt things like Mio. Definitely cheaper than soda but I don't think I've ever seen Costco carry anything like those. It would be dope if I could buy some 1 gallon industrial drum of the stuff so I have enough for the rest of my life.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Almost Smart posted:

A Costco employee told me the door checkers are there to help ensure that the customer doesn’t overpay for an item being rung up twice or something. She wasn’t particularly pleased when I laughed and said bull-loving-poo poo.

Like two trips later, we had an issue where an Apple Watch we bought wasn’t actually in the store room, so it got canceled out and a different colored watch was wrung up instead on a new receipt. loving door guy stopped just short of calling a defcon-1 emergency until it was explained to him by us and then by the storeroom employee why the receipts were separate. Even then I got the sense he still distrusted us as we left the building.

yeah it's a bullshit PR line about how it's actually about helping customers.

in my case, the guy was nice and apparently this self checkout lady does this a lot because he knew what happened immediately :rolleyes: but I absolutely hate that all the warehouse clubs act like all members may be stealing

like what are they going to do if I just walk out? I have my receipt, I paid for everything, gonna call the cops cause I didn't get a little highlighter mark? dumb dumb dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

They always count the number of jars of Jongga ()the one with two "g"s) kimchi in my cart and compare it to the receipt

---
Free Chinatown