Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
midterm predictions
This poll is closed.
blue wave 61 10.57%
red wave 65 11.27%
stalemate 92 15.94%
goku 359 62.22%
Total: 459 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

everyone deserves a safe space. self care is important. based mtg. namaste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Lpzie posted:

ty emfive. doing well. very well even. yourself?

also, i understand now how i might be wrong about the horseshoe crab theory and your teardrop theory might be the correct one. i hope there's some follow-up to the tweet so we can be sure.

Well Lpzie, I tell you, it's funny because I was just talking to my wife about that Howard McGee book, the big red book, oh she loves that book. And there's a whole chapter in that book about fish, can you believe that? Just fish. She reads that book all the time, instead of TV. Anyway, she tells me that because of the different kinds of fish, and the different way the fish bodies are, some fish are cut into those little flat things, but other fish, like swordfish for example, are cut the other way, like steaks. But my wife doesn't like steak so much, so she doesn't cook it as much as I wish she did.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.
ok not so long ago I would not have had to post a disclaimer that I am not using an AI.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
cosmic sans

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/docsquiddy/status/1630742103155413000

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gB-Vcyrk8s

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

One more thing if you don't mind, Lpzie, uhh, just to clear this up for me, do you remember when you left the aquarium yesterday?

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/jbendery/status/1630776973994631169

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

smarxist posted:

star with Permutation City by Greg Egan, then read Blindsight and Echopraxia, then read the rest of Greg Egan's poo poo, then spend literally 5-6 years thinking about all the crazy hosed up ideas

Good, I tried to ask this a week ago and I don' think I got any good replies. Thanks

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

I definitely don't get all my ideas from TV and movies, that would be absurd.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

The best part of those late kinda lovely Terminator movies is when humanity uses their secret weapon caches to beat all the AI successfully.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Red Baron posted:

just read neuromancer or snow crash

I'm kinda curious about his more recent stuff. I kinda feel like he has the three dilbert problem but not as bad as scott adams and has the sense to at least not go on an all out racist rant.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey I'm not from Chicago and generally I don't pay attention and don't know anything about it because PFC doesn't live there, but that Lightfoot mayor seems maybe not so good, the deal with the bridges is pretty :catstare:

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

emfive posted:

One more thing if you don't mind, Lpzie, uhh, just to clear this up for me, do you remember when you left the aquarium yesterday?

lol.... yes, yes i remember. after you made me suck my cheeks into my teeth and put my fish lips on the glass to attract a fish face-on to make your point, yes yes.... i remember...

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Love it or leave with it

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

petit choux posted:

I'm kinda curious about his more recent stuff. I kinda feel like he has the three dilbert problem but not as bad as scott adams and has the sense to at least not go on an all out racist rant.

I encourage you to read because reading is FUN DUHH MENTAL but those were the kinds of books that really disappointed me Gibson and what's-his-name

especially Cryptonomicon, I mean it was sort-of OK

I'm not a huge sci-fi fan

check out Jose Saramago's All The Names if you want to read something that gets to you (not scary or gross)

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

emfive posted:

Hey I'm not from Chicago and generally I don't pay attention and don't know anything about it because PFC doesn't live there, but that Lightfoot mayor seems maybe not so good, the deal with the bridges is pretty :catstare:

What's the deal with the bridges?

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Lpzie posted:

lol.... yes, yes i remember. after you made me suck my cheeks into my teeth and put my fish lips on the glass to attract a fish face-on to make your point, yes yes.... i remember...

It's nothing personal sir, just a routine part of any investigation like this, and I apologize for the inconvenience

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Glass Onion Villain-rear end bitch

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

too long to wait looks like I’ll just need to do it myself

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

BAE OF PIGS posted:

she did a thing where she ordered all the drawbridges across the Chicago River to be raised because she wanted to keep people out of downtown

I don't know what she did about the Red Line or the uhh ... the big trains (they run so rarely it doesn't matter)

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

bebop esq posted:

https://twitter.com/chefmade_92/status/1630761129939984384

Is "a catfish with abs" Marjorie Taylor Green's alter ego?

Hush puppy implants

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

BAE OF PIGS posted:

https://www.propublica.org/article/draft-bridges

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/ResNeXtGuesser/status/1630779913463828480

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

it's pretty clear that the 300+ people who were probated yesterday are off extinguishing the flames of pent-up passion fuel tonight

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

tacodaemon posted:

it remains irritating that all these anti-trans laws are passing at the behest of a few weirdos and even Republican voters mostly don't care about it or even know about it

well, "irritating" is an understatement

They really want a wedge issue so bad, they ruined their abortion pony's back

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/JoshKrugerPHL/status/1630584499649097728

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

finally

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Lux Animus posted:

DEMS:
I dunno... what would we have to do to help?
*looks over shoulder*
What do you think about the whole trans- thing, moderates? Trans people? Should we help? Will you vote for us if we help?...
*looks back to you*
I see some shrugs and some nods - not enough, but... Okay: I'll look into putting together a community outreach committee and in a few months we'll see what we can do to help a few needy trans adults in underserved areas in blue states.

Block Grants to states to deal with Trans Issues. Blue states can publish helpful literature, red states can pay for death squads and law enforcement to prosecute doctors and parentd

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

emfive posted:

it's pretty clear that the 300+ people who were probated yesterday are off extinguishing the flames of pent-up passion fuel tonight

lots of alchemy happening

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Red Baron posted:

besides you can’t unban someone like Alec, they’re here posting with us right now

Yeah, Lpzie was too good to be true

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
https://i.imgur.com/qrptOe6.mp4

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

I wonder if ChatGPT has been fed Alec Eiffel's tweets

or FYAD

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

idk about these re4 remake changes

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

must be 9:30 already

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

oh cool you don't see a lot of folk spirits anymore

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/ohshidt/status/1630553681379688448?s=46&t=3JaRyQZOdPdJKtwSDtv88g

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Bearjew posted:

I have but this is on the right track

What was the one about the people that went to the depths of the ocean that was real doomy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

also that thing in the attic looks like it's ready for cameras on the next M Night Shyamalan movie