Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://twitter.com/Explosm/status/1630635544836448256

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Paper Tiger posted:

Based on that foundation, I can only assume this takes place in the extended Control/Alan Wake universe.

It probably is more of a reference to the Tokio anti-flood system in real life https://www.water-technology.net/projects/g-cans-project-tokyo-japan/ http://www.builtconstructions.in/OnlineMagazine/Bangalore/Pages/G-Cans-Project,-Tokyo,-Japan-998.aspx

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Kill Six Billion Demons

Alt: If you thought I'd get rid of a character who's literally a skeleton riding a motorcycle you'd be dead wrong

quote:

Adversary

Alt: Fun fact: this was influenced partly by Juggernaut's original design

quote:

“O God of Shape, O Twitching God of color, carve our bountiful flesh with thy beautiful razors.”

-Unknown

Alt: Just a bunch of rowdy fight boys and girls, looking for a good punch up

quote:

Parade of Fools

Kit Walker has a new favorite as of 09:55 on Mar 1, 2023

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

https://thenib.com/put-me-in-charge-of-dilbert-you-cowards/

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Holy poo poo lmao

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Emzedoh posted:

To be clear, he misunderstood. They're not getting married, probably.

And that's chapter 1 of Shinozaki's Daily Maintenance. It's a classic story, you know - boy meets girl, boy's head falls off, boy signs for the extended warranty, tale as old as time.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
holy poo poo this is incredible-looking and I bet it is at least partially based on that

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

It really is a good panel.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

ANSU

Fingerpori

I think the joke should work like this?
About the name "Eka" Vekarainen:
Eka = first, informal shortening of "ensimmäinen"
Vekara = (unruly) kid
Eka Vekara = Eega Beeva, a Disney character that has appeared occasionally in comics alongside Mickey Mouse. Intended to be a being of the future, Eega's characterized as having a whole bunch of peculiar habits like eating mothballs and sleeping on stalagmites. I think they've mainly appeared in the Donald Duck pocket comic books that afaik have largely European artists, with Italy being especially well represented.

The Donald Duck comics are (or have been) really popular over here so the name pun works.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Previously on Opplopolis: "beneath the city of stairs"

Author's commentary on the last panel: "Don’t expect an explanation for that guy in the doorway. He’s not in the script. I don’t know where he came from."

We're all caught up on Opplopolis. Two pages per week for the next eight weeks will finish it out.

Might post something else in the meantime, posting has grown on me. Going through my post history in the webcomics thread, let's see... Genocide Man, Kordinar 40,000, A Tale of Two Rulers, Clown Corps, Ironheart Rune, Bikini Bottom Horror? I guess I'll leave it up to the first person to quote this. There's also that Poser comic about prog rock in space, but that seems to have vanished from its author's website (it was originally a guest comic for dicebox, inexplicably? thread synergy!)

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I can't believe I got back just in time for this comic to now be released at a normal pace! I need the binge!

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Might post something else in the meantime, posting has grown on me. Going through my post history in the webcomics thread, let's see... Genocide Man, Kordinar 40,000, A Tale of Two Rulers, Clown Corps, Ironheart Rune, Bikini Bottom Horror? I guess I'll leave it up to the first person to quote this. There's also that Poser comic about prog rock in space, but that seems to have vanished from its author's website (it was originally a guest comic for dicebox, inexplicably? thread synergy!)
Bikini Bottom Horror was one I actually thought about posting, Scoob & Shag made me think of it, but I've only read through it once. I don't feel strongly about it but if nobody else has started it and I don't think of anything else I could pick it up after Plica, though I've never actually watched Spongebob so maybe I'm not the best person to post it anyway. A Tale of Two Rulers is the Zelda one, right? It was posted in a former comic thread but I don't think it reached any ending and the art was real good, so I'm voting for that.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Now that I'm finally not hundreds of posts behind we can resume

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

KennyMan666 posted:

A Tale of Two Rulers is the Zelda one, right? It was posted in a former comic thread but I don't think it reached any ending and the art was real good, so I'm voting for that.
Yeah, the Zelda/Ganondorf one with great art. It still hasn't ended I believe - might be on hiatus again? The production pace is slow, but there's enough of a backlog to sink my teeth into it. Bikini Bottom Horror does have a bunch of Spongebob deep cuts (I was the only person in the webcomics thread to admit to getting the "Krakatoa" reference) but it also stands on its own, Scoob & Shag is a good comparison tbh. But ToTR it is! Once I find it. (edit: that was easy, I didn't expect Google to turn it up so fast - 252 pages and adding at a rate of 1/week, that'll do us for a while, hey they have a Patreon!)

DACK FAYDEN has a new favorite as of 13:59 on Mar 1, 2023

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Ironheart Rune

If you or anybody else wants to post this or anything else I posted in the other thread I've got a file with a list of imgur links to copy&paste.

But anyway here's the back half of

Titular Hero

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

HE IS A GOOD BOY.

ZixTheYeti
Jul 12, 2005

Hellarious!

Not sure what my intent was here, but it felt necessary somehow.

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Moe

Ditocoaf posted:

78 I ‘Bo’lieve I Can Fly

79 End Of The Tunnel

80 Advanced Bi’Moe’logy

81 ‘Bo’at ‘Bo’und

82 Brutal H’Moe’nesty

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Blasphemous Saga Fantasy

People either seem to fall on the side of the switch to full color being a bad choice (because they liked the monochromatic color schemes) or being totally neutral. That being said, one person recently told me that the comic became easier to read once it went full color, so there's that datapoint. Personally, I'm glad to I did it, because it forced me to get better at color theory and everything that entails.

Oh also fun fact: Lockstock's design was partially inspired by the Pokémon Cofagrigus.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Last time on Joey's Special Experience by Hirohiko Archie: Straizus says he's not like God, and will kill Joseph Joseph Joseph here and now before he gets a chance to develop his abilities! Joseph^3 tries to shoot Straizus, but is out of ammo! Straizus shoots Joseph^3 in the head and neck with eye fluid!

Read right to left:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I'm going to break from my usual Twitter reposting to go through Becky Bishop and the Case of the Whistleblowers. This is a forty page one-off by Joe Chouinard who's best known for Clown Corps. I'll do four pages per day until we finish.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Fortis posted:

People either seem to fall on the side of the switch to full color being a bad choice (because they liked the monochromatic color schemes) or being totally neutral. That being said, one person recently told me that the comic became easier to read once it went full color, so there's that datapoint. Personally, I'm glad to I did it, because it forced me to get better at color theory and everything that entails.

Oh also fun fact: Lockstock's design was partially inspired by the Pokémon Cofagrigus.

I think you were doing well with the monochromatic designs, but I like the switch to colour a lot. I've been getting serious Dragon Quest vibes from your comic so far, and the switch to vibrant colours makes it feel even more so, which is a good thing. I'm also with those readers who said it makes it easier to read, because the different elements stand out more from one another at a glance. My only complaint is that I had been imagining the Slime King light blue so I was surprised to see something different!

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

vyelkin posted:

My only complaint is that I had been imagining the Slime King light blue so I was surprised to see something different!

The color version is easier to visually read, and pops better than monochrome. It's very well done and I enjoy it.

That said, I also pictured Slime King as light blue.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Add me to the "color version is easier to read" pile

Plus I think it looks nicer

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Yeah, I liked the shifting monochrome palette, but my first thought was "oh, very nice" when I saw the color today.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Tree Bucket posted:

It really is a good panel.

It is, isn't it?

These are disturbing me.

I think full colour blasphemous saga seems alright?

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

It's all about Saki today!

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Saki takes the bold counterstance of "we don't live in a society"

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

I liked the BSF monochrome pages and I like the BSF full color pages.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ultrafilter posted:

I'm going to break from my usual Twitter reposting to go through Becky Bishop and the Case of the Whistleblowers. This is a forty page one-off by Joe Chouinard who's best known for Clown Corps. I'll do four pages per day until we finish.

This seems good? Excited to see where it's going

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

ultrafilter posted:

This is a forty page one-off by Joe Chouinard who's best known for Clown Corps.

clicked the link for Clown Corps and it looks rad. i'll read it when I have time

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Post poste posted:

That said, I also pictured Slime King as light blue.

He EXPLICITLY said he was green in his song!

But I have no idea how Joseph Joseph Joseph survived the stingy eye

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Mzbundifund posted:

He EXPLICITLY said he was green in his song!

But I have no idea how Joseph Joseph Joseph survived the stingy eye

Straizus shot a mirror instead of joseph joseph joseph because ??? It doesn't make sense, but that's fine. sometimes jojo doesn't make sense even with a translation that is not deliberately confusing

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

It's a total asspull but I'll give it a pass for the single reason that vampires don't have reflections and thus this is one of the exceedingly rare times where a person might be fooled looking into a mirror

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

They never directly establish if straizo has object permanence so assuming he does is extratextual, actually

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
Stardust

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I'm not gonna lie, I didn't bat an eye when I saw the phrase "crime wizards" and took it literally, and I'm both surprised and a little disappointed to find out they didn't go down that route.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

clicked the link for Clown Corps and it looks rad. i'll read it when I have time
clown corps is fantastic (and ongoing)