Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jows
May 8, 2002

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

This is ABSOLUTELY what I did. If I’m going to be stuck on a node, it won’t be something I can brute force my way past like that one was.

Yeah, imma do this. I've gambled my last 5-7k shards on rings, I've been upgrading the yellows, I've reforged a normie a bunch. I've basically used all my crafting mats on this poo poo. I don't give a poo poo about the last potion right now either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
You could run around the battlefield looking for white items, or you could convert them in the cube instead

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Jows posted:

Ancient puzzle ring has been my white whale.

I'm even considering burning some ashes to make one primal just to get it out of the way

I got EXTREMELY lucky on like every node. I had 2 ancient puzzle rings before I had my full gift set unlocked. The only thing the RNG hecked me on was I didn't get a smouldering core until like Paragon 700. But with the whole alter unlocked I was still running over 100GRs without breaking a sweat.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

if you want an ancient puzzle ring you can just run the reforge legendary cube recipe, that's what i did. i got the staff of herding last season so i'm dreading getting that gem this time but there's very few walls in the entire process

as soon as you can get your pet to salve white/magic/rare and auto-pickup death breathes you stop having any issues with mats. they should add a recipe to convert death breathes into something useful i'm overflowing with them between my follower and the alter

Jows
May 8, 2002

I have the auto pickups. I did reforge. Many times. RNGesus gonna RNGesus.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

if you want an ancient puzzle ring you can just run the reforge legendary cube recipe, that's what i did.

the actual odds on it probably arent bad but i blew about 50 bounty mats and i havent been that mad at a video game since i was a kid amd gabe up. i would rather grind rifts for primals than bounties even as a GoD DH but then again there arent a lot of people running bounties on switch so im doing it solo at least half the time when i do

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
RNGesus has my gear in a holding pattern as well. No ancients or primals to replace slots with, so just slowly inching up with gems and paragon points. Have evaporated thousands of blood shards into the ether (which isn't much of a time sink with double bounty) for blues and yellows to toss into the blender.

Also I think I did my first Echoing Nightmare and choked after a short bit. I kept fleeing from ground explosions and ran out of time trying to wrap around to hit things in the face. Next time I'll just face tank it all and see if the damage is lower than I thought.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Andrigaar posted:

RNGesus has my gear in a holding pattern as well. No ancients or primals to replace slots with, so just slowly inching up with gems and paragon points. Have evaporated thousands of blood shards into the ether (which isn't much of a time sink with double bounty) for blues and yellows to toss into the blender.

Also I think I did my first Echoing Nightmare and choked after a short bit. I kept fleeing from ground explosions and ran out of time trying to wrap around to hit things in the face. Next time I'll just face tank it all and see if the damage is lower than I thought.

the explodey guys spawn from a machine that occasionally spawns next to one of the pylons so try to trace the molten floor back to it and destroy it if they're causing you to become overwhelmed

some of the champions/elites that spawn just have normal molten as well, of course, but once I figured out that most of the explosions were preventable I got a lot better at dealing with the event in general

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

For EN just look for the spinning ring things that spawn the molten explosions. I usually just watch the mini map and find the 1 random spawn on the edge and go kill it immediately. Around level 95 pop all the pylons. That'll get you to about 125 or so by itself.

E:f;b

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Someone made an Altar Of Sacrifice Planner.

exquisite tea posted:

Of the starter sets this season, Frenzy Barb. You press all your shouts 1-2 times per dungeon and literally hold left click on things until they die.

Holy CRAP is this fun! I'm not sure why, but things just... cease to exist. I'll be butt deep in mobs, yelling and smashing a baddie in the face, and suddenly, they all just... die. :black101:

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
does the whisper of atonement have to be exactly 125 or does it just have to be at least 125?

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Both

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

A Moose posted:

Could you be overheating? Maybe check if your fans are dusty or something. If not its probably drivers.

I used to get a "failed to initialize" thing and after weeks of searching I found out it was caused by Razer software, which I had uninstalled years ago but it left behind a file that hosed up D3 and I had to manually remove it.

Weirdly, it was the "enhanced color settings" in the Nvidia control panel, which I don't know what they do and don't even remember turning on. It wasn't causing issues with any other games but apparently Diablo 3 hated it, and turning it off fixed all the issues.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

does the whisper of atonement have to be exactly 125 or does it just have to be at least 125?

125 is the max value it gets, so either/or.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

You can level up whispers to 150 if you want, 125 is just the maximum you’ll get from doing the nightmares.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Finished unlocking the 26 symbols tonight, but I'm still 5 bad primals away from the other 2 potions...

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Around 135 you get loot gobbos spawning and things get a wee bit crazy, but the gem was still capped at 125.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

This epic GR150 clear was good enough for... 449th place on the leaderboards. Wiz maybe a little OP this season!

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

This epic GR150 clear was good enough for... 449th place on the leaderboards. Wiz maybe a little OP this season!

Nice paragon level :coal:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I knew I had to win on that attempt, for posterity's sake.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Aand I'm done with this game.
Once you finish your build, got several pieces of the same gear to start mild min/maxing and hit GR 90+ there is just.. nothing.
Feeding 3 runs worth of 'legendary' gear into the woodchipper to attempt rerolls and improve 1-2%. Get rid off the blood shards once you have a thousand. Repeat.

Marshal Plugnut
Aug 16, 2005

The code to the exit is 1125

Jusupov posted:

You really want a halo of karini to not feel squishy. I only got one after I'd managed to scrounge together a meteor tal-rasha set. Before that I really hated wiz

Cheers, got one of these to drop on my first rift of the night, with a socket for bane of the powerful, then a lucky bloodshard gamble got me a winter flurry. Jumped straight from T2 to T5 in a snap. Much better!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

sauer kraut posted:

Once you finish your build, got several pieces of the same gear to start mild min/maxing and hit GR 90+ there is just.. nothing.
Feeding 3 runs worth of 'legendary' gear into the woodchipper to attempt rerolls and improve 1-2%. Get rid off the blood shards once you have a thousand. Repeat.

Paragon 20000 or nothing buddy.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

sauer kraut posted:

Yep, that's the very endgame. If you don't enjoy it at that point, there's certainly nothing forcing you to keep chasing the small upgrades. I like that sometimes, but other times I just say gently caress it and am done for a while too.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

sauer kraut posted:

Yeah you do all the season stuff, get your rewards, then play something else until the next season.

dsf
Jul 1, 2004

sauer kraut posted:

thats basically how I felt after going hard since friday. logged in tuesday, finished my build, hit GR 90 and immediately lost all desire to play. oh well it was a fun couple days at least

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

exquisite tea posted:

JeffK would be proud.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Got to around paragon 400, and just kind of stalled out as LoD Wave of Light monk. The higher I go, the more reliant this build is on keeping Epiphany up, but even with a flawless royal diamond in leoric's crown (I haven't gotten tzo kirin's gaze yet) and ORotZ, the cooldown is still a little too long. Part of the problem is that I also have Air Ally and Dashing Strike, so ORotZ isn't just reducing the cooldown of Epiphany, and running around unable to do much because Epiphany is also a big part of my mobility and defense sucks.

So I just switched to Innas. I already had the cyclone strike shoulders and bracers, and I just got a flying dragon to cube. I'm still missing the Shenlong's set ( I have them but they need reforging) and the Endless Walk set but I cleared GR 70 no problem. Innas still has a bit of the same problem as LoD where I'll be sitting around waiting on my main cooldown to kill some elites, but at least I can kill stuff with my generator and ally slaps while I wait, especially once i equip shenlong's fists.

Now the big question is why does monk have 3 top tier builds, 2 mid level builds, and everything else is lovely low level builds on Icy Veins? 2 of them are Innas, one of those is a support build and 1 is LoD There's like 3 whole sets that just straight up can't do high level grifts. Innas only can because of a complete rework. Just stick an extra 0 to the end of every number on Uliana's Stratagem and give us a different playstyle. I just wish it was more like Wizard or DH where there's like 3-4 options for high level grifts, 5 different "mid-level" builds and some weird low level meme builds.

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

A Moose posted:

Got to around paragon 400, and just kind of stalled out as LoD Wave of Light monk. The higher I go, the more reliant this build is on keeping Epiphany up, but even with a flawless royal diamond in leoric's crown (I haven't gotten tzo kirin's gaze yet) and ORotZ, the cooldown is still a little too long. Part of the problem is that I also have Air Ally and Dashing Strike, so ORotZ isn't just reducing the cooldown of Epiphany, and running around unable to do much because Epiphany is also a big part of my mobility and defense sucks.

For the LOD wol to work you need at least 55 cdr% to ensure that epiphany is always up. That's really important cause those clones dudes do 99% of your damage with the build. So beyond the diamond in the helm you need cdr on your shoulders, gloves, and both weapons. Also run with the enchantress to get the extra 10% cdr as well.

The best option is to just run innas water ally to farm up the gear you need for wol.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

exquisite tea posted:

Nice! I'm still grinding to try and do this. I did a 132 or 133 in about 8 minutes today. I've never fished or known anything about high level gr play outside of watching a couple streamers and YouTube. Only have 2 augments and around 1100 paragon. Any advice? I don't care if I make the board, I just want to complete a 150.

I was trying to play tals with a 61% karini and I didn't get how people did anything with this build. I since cubed it and holy hell that's a huge difference in toughness.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Just popped the captain crimson belt and pants on my GoD HA DH via RoRG and broke through a hard ceiling I was hitting at about GR 72. Also doesn't help that I realised I was forgetting to cast hungering arrow every now and then to keep the set bonus working, but the extra damage and resist from the 3pce CC set bonus makes a noticeable difference.

Before adding in the crimson gear I was relying on Reapers Wraps in the cube (with depth diggers on the butt) - but there was about a 50/50 chance whether I'd die or run out of hatred on the first pack, and have to kite around spamming hungering arrow until a health globe dropped.

Now I'm comfortably clearing GR74 or so with deaths limited to operator error only (running into environmental damage or too close to a pack of exploding elites) and clearing in 3 mins avg. And I still don't have the fortress ballista or squirts necklace, and only one ancient so plenty of room to improve.

Definitely need to be on your toes with this one, but once you get into the rhythm it's a real blast.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
nvm all straightened out.

Mayveena fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Mar 2, 2023

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I can't wait for the D4 open beta

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Suburban Dad posted:

Nice! I'm still grinding to try and do this. I did a 132 or 133 in about 8 minutes today. I've never fished or known anything about high level gr play outside of watching a couple streamers and YouTube. Only have 2 augments and around 1100 paragon. Any advice? I don't care if I make the board, I just want to complete a 150.

I was trying to play tals with a 61% karini and I didn't get how people did anything with this build. I since cubed it and holy hell that's a huge difference in toughness.

Yeah anything below a ~78% Karini really isn't worth equipping at all once you start breaking into higher tiers. For this reason most Wizards will usually blow their cube primal on the Halo since it's useful for other builds besides Tal's and it's relatively easy to find a decent Viz.

Since you get so much resource regeneration from the altar bonuses this season, you can afford to be greedy and drop any resource regeneration skills/passives from your bars to use Crystal Shell, Deflection, drop Arcane Presence for anything, put amethyst instead of topaz in helm, etc. You want area damage in all the slots it's possible to get AD, so weapon, shoulders, gloves, rings. Beyond that, pushing from 140-150 just relies on calling down big rocks from far away and some moderate rift fishing, although it's way less stringent in this season than it's ever been. Look for a woods or battlefields map with a hopefully not-terrible mob comp. Group all the elites up in one big mass, pop a potion at the end of your arcane cycle and hope for a dimensional power proc on top of a purple circle. I cleared GR150 in only half augments and even a few non-ancient pieces, although I did luck into a primal Viz and Squirt's. Keep gaining paragon with some better loot along the way and it's only a matter of time!

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Can someone explain the differences in PoJ monk and Innas practically? Innas' seems to be better for speed and PoJ for pushing, but I can't get the bomb style cold build to work. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong to activate it or what.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM
Inna's: extremely fast, requires some micro in basically all situations, may still be better for high GR pushing than POJ? Haven't bothered solo pushing with it since the initial fire ally nerf, and also its push setup requires you to do a bit more buff management than standard POJ push.
POJ: t16 stuff isn't as fast as Inna's, but very little micro. Cold POJ: on cold cycle, blind your high-value targets with blinding flash then let go of tempest rush momentarily before restarting it again. You'll build 100 stacks in the 20 seconds it takes for cold to come around again. Don't get CCed- this means using Serenity to fill in the gap of your Epiphany cooldown and also never ever walking into a wormhole because those will break your channeling and drop your TR stacks even with Epiphany up.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Bottom Liner posted:

Can someone explain the differences in PoJ monk and Innas practically? Innas' seems to be better for speed and PoJ for pushing, but I can't get the bomb style cold build to work. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong to activate it or what.

For inna's, I'm not 100% on which rune to use. It seems like fire has the best effect overall, but people say that cold is more consistent, and some guides say physical is higher dps. I pick fire because it gets a triple buff from Bindings of the Lesser Gods but overall, they all seem to have the same effect of "giant burst of dps on a cooldown" so what's the difference between elements?

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM
Fire was initially the best build for GRs because of the burst damage, water has always been the best for t16 because it's pretty trivial to keep 10 water allies activated at all times so it just works like a spin2win build that teleports really fast as all the enemies disappear. For a while the best speed GR build was water ally and the best push/group boss killer was earth ally, but earth ally behavior is just kind of a shitshow if you don't do specific stuff to manage them. I haven't messed with it outside of t16 since they nerfed the set bonus overall and re-buffed fire allies on the bracers, though.

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

SalTheBard posted:

I can't wait for the D4 open beta

me too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I was getting annoyled last night with my Masquerade Bone Spear Necromancer last night kind of struggling to finish GR 60 / torment 12 about paragon 200 last night because I was just made of paper, but then just as I was going to post bitching about it, I had a great streak of luck and Haunted Visions dropped along with a couple decent epic rings and I found a rainbow goblin portal and got just a crap ton of souls and essences and all of a sudden I can get through Torment 16 Nephilim Rifts no problem and am Paragon 380 or something about 90 minutes of playtime later.

My question to you diablo knowers is should I just stick with Torment 16 for Neph rifts if I can clear it reliably, or is it better to run about 1/3 faster clears on torment 14? Torment 16 bosses take a little more effort to take down so my clear speeds are significantly lower.