Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
Looking at small video devices I could mount on my small rc car, not sure what others are doing with them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I received a bunch of types of solderless connectors for electronics projects :woop:

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

At least the box already tells you it'll go up in flames.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

ekuNNN posted:

I received a bunch of types of solderless connectors for electronics projects :woop:

I assume that "electronics projects" means they will only handle low-voltage?

I can't tell the size of them, but just making sure you aren't going to join up mains voltage wires with those...

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

The cheap Wago clones are mostly fine, surprisingly.
Mains voltage should be fine but I would think thrice before using them for permanent house wiring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8Xpjj47vgU

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DrBouvenstein posted:

I assume that "electronics projects" means they will only handle low-voltage?

I can't tell the size of them, but just making sure you aren't going to join up mains voltage wires with those...
I've been using them a lot already, mostly for low-voltage stuff but also for mains voltage (one or two lamps), they're fine.
they're so simple there's not much that can go wrong with them that wouldn't immediately be obvious.

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous

:stare:

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

ekuNNN posted:

I've been using them a lot already, mostly for low-voltage stuff but also for mains voltage (one or two lamps), they're fine.
they're so simple there's not much that can go wrong with them that wouldn't immediately be obvious.

This. I'm using knock-off wago connectors I got from Ali for lighting. A lot of the knock-offs have configurations wago themselves don't sell. LED lighting means nearly everything in your lighting circuits are massively overspecced since they were originally designed for multiple filament bulbs at 100W or more.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

Oh poo poo. That’s kind of big. Yeston made the kitty rx580 with the spinning fan eyes and the scented waifu gpu.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Kerbtree posted:

the scented waifu gpu.

Man this is next-level, I thought the future was here with PS4 Pussy

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?
It’s not Lansbury-level, but I thought y’all might like: US $14.40 28% Off | New Hawaii Shirt 3D Print Cat Short-sleeves Cuban Shirt Beach Wear Casual Vintage Style for Men And Women
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNDdKxg

There are others in that store too (some decently styled retro cat shirts too, from my lack of fashion experience)

Alright, probably just overtired, but here are some greatest hits from that store:

There’s something for everyone. Weed? Skulls? Weed and skulls? An entire section for mushroom shirts? Regular fish? Mechanical fish? D&D? Aggressively patriotic? Psychedelic animals? Leaves? Cruise ships in space? Easter eggs? Worn rugs? Military aircraft? Undead pirates? World-carrying tortoises? Are you having a stroke?

The answer is YES!

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Mar 2, 2023

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

If this had pot leaves in the background it would be the perfect gift for a guy I know. Even if it were only DS9 on there.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

If this had pot leaves in the background it would be the perfect gift for a guy I know. Even if it were only DS9 on there.

Keep looking! Every time I think it’s out of surprises, something new and…well new.

I will be thrilled if I get even one shirt sold for this guy. I might actually buy a regular one or two, and if I can settle on a crazy one too.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

It’s not Lansbury-level, but I thought y’all might like: US $14.40 28% Off | New Hawaii Shirt 3D Print Cat Short-sleeves Cuban Shirt Beach Wear Casual Vintage Style for Men And Women

There are others in that store too (some decently styled retro cat shirts too, from my lack of fashion experience)

Alright, probably just overtired, but here are some greatest hits from that store:

There’s something for everyone. Weed? Skulls? Weed and skulls? An entire section for mushroom shirts? Regular fish? Mechanical fish? D&D? Aggressively patriotic? Psychedelic animals? Leaves? Cruise ships in space? Easter eggs? Worn rugs? Military aircraft? Undead pirates? World-carrying tortoises? Are you having a stroke?

The answer is YES!

that's some good dan flashes right there thanks

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

This shirt rules.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

I think this one is my fave.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Are there any sellers that will take your own cat pics to put in a psychedelic space mushroom shirt?

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005175413816.html

Picked up this goose pride flag pin for my partner and it arrived yesterday, good enough quality and the blue and purple aren't the same colour. Pretty good!

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

The answer is YES!

Dude! I tried US ip and Canadian ip none of them give me the star trek shirt. Even browsed all 18 pages of store shirts. Somebody give me a direct link of the star trek in the bush shirt!

My product link looks like this.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
I bought a bunch of cycling accessories prompted by the jersey/bib post earlier in the thread. I'll post items and links when they all eventually arrive.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
I'd like to get one of the super reflective jackets for cycling; but any one have any idea how long they last? Do I need to start out with two? Are the Adidas/Nike ones better longevity?

e: Actually, not sure nike/adidas even make them. I'm surprised.

deong fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Mar 2, 2023

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

deong posted:

I'd like to get one of the super reflective jackets for cycling; but any one have any idea how long they last? Do I need to start out with two? Are the Adidas/Nike ones better longevity?

I don't have any experience but you might want to check your local Walmart because they've had high-vis stuff on clearance for the past few weeks in sporting goods.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

wa27 posted:

I don't have any experience but you might want to check your local Walmart because they've had high-vis stuff on clearance for the past few weeks in sporting goods.

Thanks.
I'm looking at this type at Walmart.com, but it just looks like the Ali brand (this is DECILRO).

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

deong posted:

Thanks.
I'm looking at this type at Walmart.com, but it just looks like the Ali brand (this is DECILRO).

I think the in-store clearance items were mostly things like hunting vests, rather than fully reflective windbreakers like those. Sorry!

mystes
May 31, 2006

deong posted:

that kind of glass bead paint reflective stuff isn't very durable. you have to avoid washing it as much as possible (it will become less effective each time you wash it) but it also becomes less effective when dirty/wet. that type of jacket also isn't hi-viz when it's not dark out.

an alternative option is to use sew-on prismatic reflective strips or something

Also always use lights and don't rely on reflective stuff (although it helps; I'm not saying not to use it). retroreflective stuff is very sensitive to position so with just reflective stuff you can easily get t-boned by a car coming to an intersection 90 degrees from you because they won't be lighting up reflective stuff until its too late.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Knock off Wago connectors are appealing, but I'd only ever use them for wiring stuff in my house (outlets etc), and I couldn't bring myself to trust them

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

mystes posted:

that kind of glass bead paint reflective stuff isn't very durable. you have to avoid washing it as much as possible (it will become less effective each time you wash it) but it also becomes less effective when dirty/wet. that type of jacket also isn't hi-viz when it's not dark out.

an alternative option is to use sew-on prismatic reflective strips or something

Also always use lights and don't rely on reflective stuff (although it helps; I'm not saying not to use it). retroreflective stuff is very sensitive to position so with just reflective stuff you can easily get t-boned by a car coming to an intersection 90 degrees from you because they won't be lighting up reflective stuff until its too late.

I have that 3m tape on my bikes frame along with front/rear light. And my jacket has reflective strips. Just figure more is more.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

deong posted:

If you want to support a good cause buy one from these folks. Most reflective jacket possible. I got a frame bag for my wife and it's shockingly reflective.

https://www.bikelaneuprising.com/product-page/reflective-windbreaker

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

First Temu order arrived, took 8 days which is amazing for east coast Canada, Prime orders usually take longer. Have yet to get home and see what the crap is like

Space Butler
Dec 3, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Keep looking! Every time I think it’s out of surprises, something new and…well new.

I will be thrilled if I get even one shirt sold for this guy. I might actually buy a regular one or two, and if I can settle on a crazy one too.

It worked. I just bought this one because I think it will be hilarious to wear at airsoft.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Recently tons of my Amazon search results are just AliExpress products branded with random names like SHLORMPFLY or PRZDRYL and marked up 500%. Might as well go straight to the source at that point.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

SHLORMPFLY or PRZDRYL

Don't bring your toxic Rick & Morty fandom here!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

I'm gonna buy so many of those shirts to go to Truffoni's and Ciccolini's in

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

MrQwerty posted:

I'm gonna buy so many of those shirts to go to Truffoni's and Ciccolini's in

I don’t know what those are, but sounds fitting. If anyone ever goes without a good gag gift again it’s their own fault.

I’ll troll back through and find the Star Trek one. I foolishly thought that first batch that I linked would be as crazy as it got!

I did also find a Viking Christmas shirt that said Fa La La La La
Valhalla-la

But my brain had melted by that point and I didn’t want to keep spamming pictures.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Recently tons of my Amazon search results are just AliExpress products branded with random names like SHLORMPFLY or PRZDRYL and marked up 500%. Might as well go straight to the source at that point.
A friend sent over a link to what looked like a proper storefront to a European seller offering a nice raincoat that reeked of an Ali product. I couldn't find it anywhere on Ali, though, so I took the plunge; despite the odd labels and other suspicious details, the thing fits great (without having to adjust for Chinese sizing) and is exactly what I needed.

The same store was advertising an "oversized linen shirt," so I thought, sure, great; my "oversized raincoat" fit perfectly, so I'll get the same size in this shirt, and oh, cobalt blue, my favorite! Well, the thing arrived packaged in one of those translucent zip bags I see with Ali poo poo, and it was neither oversized, nor linen, nor cobalt blue (more a peacock blue). Fucker was cotton-poly stretch and it did not fit. It costs almost as much to ship it back to their return office in Italy than it did to buy the drat thing. Never again. I should have trusted my gut and probably quit while I was ahead.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Here’s the first store:

COZOK Shirt Store
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mO20jQi

Here’s Star Trek:

US $14.80 28% Off | New Men's Hawaii Yellow Shirts Creative Chinese Landscape Painting Short Sleeve Aloha Shirts Cuban Style Summer Plus Size
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOvF1ma

There may be others, I don’t know if I’ll ever get through all of them.

Edit: bitcoin shirts! US $10.04 47% Off | 2023 Magic Clothing 3D Bitcoin Printed shirt Men's Hawaiian shirt Urban Fashion Casual Short Sleeve Single Button Beach Top 5XL
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKauRDY

That store has fewer reviews but at least the shirts are organized by category

E2: I still hope to find a Hawaiian shirt using the painting of the natives killing Cpt. Cook.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Mar 2, 2023

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Edit: bitcoin shirts! US $10.04 47% Off | 2023 Magic Clothing 3D Bitcoin Printed shirt Men's Hawaiian shirt Urban Fashion Casual Short Sleeve Single Button Beach Top 5XL
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKauRDY

Considering one of these, some vessi shoes and a set of raycons so I can go as Bad Financial Decisions for Halloween this year.

sarujin_nz
May 1, 2006

Here’s Star Trek:

Cheers. Ordered myself a rad Star Trek shirt. Now will it arrive in time so it can catch my tears while I watch the last season of Picard.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

sarujin_nz posted:

Cheers. Ordered myself a rad Star Trek shirt. Now will it arrive in time so it can catch my tears while I watch the last season of Picard.

It's certainly better than the Star Trek uniform lol.

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1631417084268924928

What size did you order? 1 size up from the US size? The review say its US size.

stephenthinkpad fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Mar 3, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

I don’t know what those are, but sounds fitting.

I guess SOMEONE never used to be a piece of poo poo