Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice

Concatenation posted:

Pretty sure that video is making fun of fitness influencers constantly coming up with new One Weird Trick ways to misuse the equipment in order to drive engagement among their audience of people who haven't figured out how to put in consistent effort. Always fun seeing the Athlean X fans out themselves with that dipshit sideways single dumbell curl

That’s how I took this video but with the spice that not every machine needs to be about building your booty.

This single video is my only exposure to them but they probably suck because they want to be influencers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

feelix posted:

Do you then point and laugh at people in the gym who don't know what they're doing you piece of poo poo

Only after I record them without their knowledge and consent and post it on TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, IRC, Mastodon, Youtube, and send it to all my friends on Snapchat. Then I stalk them on social media and doxx them.

E:

And at the end of the month I make a compilation video with their names and addresses overlaying the footage.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Batterypowered7 posted:

I always joke around with one of my friends and ask him if he's done his daily face pulls (because Mr. Athlean X will be upset if he hasn't)

Face pulls rule

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

B-Rock452 posted:

Face pulls rule

What would some equivalent exercises be? Reverse Flyes?

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.
DB rear delt row, squeeze at the top. Find the angle and hand position that works for you. Machine rear delt fly is also great if you have access to a pec deck that will do these

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

I've been working out at home since covid, so I don't have machine access, but I do have dumbbells (in addition to a Rogue SML-2, plates, and a bar). The program I'm following calls for seated face pulls and having some substitutions is always good to keep things fun.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
I do them at home using a band. Honestly a few bands will greatly improve your home gym setup, you can do tons with them

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

You can exercise your face? I really need that, super ugly here

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
gently caress I read this then had to go do face pulls. Please don’t post videoS of me on the INTERNET. My dad works for the FBI

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

superset full rom lateral raises with bent over db facepulls for those juicy delts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gkk2tsBHWx0

they go over bent over barbell facepulls in this vid. I just prefer dumbbells.

nooneofconsequence fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Mar 3, 2023

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Vanity muscles!

E:

Wait, I was thinking Lats

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
to what extent should I allow dreams to affect my regimen? mom says it's time to start cutting

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

STABASS posted:

to what extent should I allow dreams to affect my regimen? mom says it's time to start cutting

Determine when you'd like to finish your cut and target weight. Aim to lose a pound per week and start your cut so you'll meet your target weight by the desired finishing date?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Always follow your dreams

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Batterypowered7 posted:

Determine when you'd like to finish your cut and target weight. Aim to lose a pound per week and start your cut so you'll meet your target weight by the desired finishing date?

So four years?

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

Love monopolizing the deadlifting pad on Saturday morning.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

JamMaster Flash posted:

Just the pad, though

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

JamMaster Flash posted:

Three hours straight of active recovery and mobility exercises?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Finally had to trade in my beautiful purple Pioneer belt for an unassuming Schiek. Had a lot of gains and good times with that belt but for the first time in my life I'm a medium anything. :unsmith:

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

nooneofconsequence posted:

Finally had to trade in my beautiful purple Pioneer belt for an unassuming Schiek. Had a lot of gains and good times with that belt but for the first time in my life I'm a medium anything. :unsmith:

Congrats!

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Dear Goon. Please know I still laugh about your friend daring to come over, cheat, and overhead press more weight than you.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

My name is bomb and I'm here to say that kettlebells are good and I'm here to say.

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

bomb posted:

My name is bomb and I'm here to say that kettlebells are good and I'm here to say.

Do Simple and Sinister everyday.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

bomb posted:

May your get ups be Turkish, friend.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Also be turkeyin'

The satisfaction is in getting others to touch the kettlebells. They are dark and mysterious.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

bomb posted:

Also be turkeyin'

The satisfaction is in getting others to touch the kettlebells. They are dark and mysterious.

https://i.imgur.com/vcobtPl.mp4

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Can women really do that

Atillo
Jan 9, 2007

JamMaster Flash posted:

Yeah, all the women are checking me out now (wondering when I'm finally going to get off this equipment)

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

bird with big dick posted:

Can women really do that

Men too, if they put their mind to it.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I won't be able to lift weights until about 10pm today.

Should I still take my preworkout as normal?

(I will, of course, the question is whether or not I should).

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Hellblazer187 posted:

I won't be able to lift weights until about 10pm today.

Should I still take my preworkout as normal?

(I will, of course, the question is whether or not I should).

Does caffeine keep you up? I've got ADHD so caffeine doesn't actually do anything for me. Taking preworkout late is no biggie.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Caffeine does not prevent sleeping for me in the afternoon. I can slam two monster energies then still nap.

Caffeine does prevent me from sleeping at night.

I also have ADHD. The "caffeine actually puts you to sleep" side effect is not universal unfortunately.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Good form, may try with buttock.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Started week 8 of my workout program. Working out feels great. I feel so healthy I might live another seventy years!

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Had to use a lovely horizontal life fitness leg press today as a warm up. How can you even get motivated to lift heavy without the threat of death looming right above you?

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

I'd say replace the fear of being crushed with the fear of hyper extension by maxing out quarter leg presses but I'm not sure that's possible with a weight stack.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Booties posted:

Had to use a lovely horizontal life fitness leg press today as a warm up. How can you even get motivated to lift heavy without the threat of death looming right above you?

I'm kinda the opposite in that regard. My current gym has one of those Rogue Monster rigs, so there aren't the safety bars that you have in normal power racks. Since I always work out alone (and try to go when there aren't many other people in the gym), I would end up psyching myself out since there wasn't a good option if I ended up hitting failure during my squats. Not that I ever push myself to failure on those, but just the possibility was hurting my ability to push through. Eventually, I found the one set of safety arms that were buried at the back of the equipment shelf, and since I've started using those I've been able to hit higher weights. I've never even had a failure where I've had to use them, but just knowing they were there put my mind at ease and resulted in stronger lifts.

It's weird just how much purely mental things can effect performance.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

Guyver posted:

I'd say replace the fear of being crushed with the fear of hyper extension by maxing out quarter leg presses but I'm not sure that's possible with a weight stack.

Yeah don’t lockout and you’ll be alright

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Tweaked a spot in my back again. Only hurts if I look straight down and then turn my head to look at my right shoulder. Working out through the discomfort and I'm gonna have my wife use a massage gun on my back later tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Booties posted:

While being under the sled does feel bad rear end, the best part of the hammer strength linear 45* leg press is that I can just barely touch the stop at the lowest setting while maintaining good form. This means that I have huge, standardized ROM, and that I can go to true failure if I wish because getting stapled is completely safe.