Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Just get Bonino you cheap gently caress. Objectively a better decision than anything else you're going to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Doobie :smith:

You will always be a legend for the best month of hockey you played in your life and your goofy Lego sets.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Lucic is the most Burke player left playing I can think of.

Well maybe Tom Wilson or Chris Kreider too but I think theyre both too expensive?

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
I think some of the discipline and work ethic that tortorella demanded was important to those couple of runs the Rangers had under AV. His downfall with the Rangers was not realizing he had more talent to work with and to switch from "we don't have enough talent, must block shots and grind" to a system that allowed more freedom, but some of the basic principals he demanded of his players were a good counterbalance to AV's hands off let the players do whatever they want leadership style

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I still think about when Torts got mad at the players for stepping on the Rangers crest in the locker room.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Aye Doc posted:

has torts ever led a rebuild to glory

Levitate posted:

I think some of the discipline and work ethic that tortorella demanded was important to those couple of runs the Rangers had under AV. His downfall with the Rangers was not realizing he had more talent to work with and to switch from "we don't have enough talent, must block shots and grind" to a system that allowed more freedom, but some of the basic principals he demanded of his players were a good counterbalance to AV's hands off let the players do whatever they want leadership style

He's also the only successful coach virtually the entire time they were in Columbus. The only aberration was the last season when he wanted to leave after the bubble but was convinced to stick around one more year.

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Oh my god, if you zoom in on the pic, it's even more hilarious than the small thumbnail shows. The MS paint-style copy/paste is great. CBJ Stanley Cup championship hat on. Miami of Ohio University guy in crowd right next to an Orlando Magic jersey? Hilarious.

I retract my previous statement, A+ from CBJ

I was going to say, I thought that was :thejoke:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

secret volcano lair posted:

Perhaps this humbling reminder of the total irrelevance of their team in the broader sports world context will be the spark that convinces Rangers fans to reconsider their smug attitudes toward smaller market franchises, ushering in a new era of harmony and mutual respect

Cocky and smug is way more fun than woe is me I'm a martyr. Wonerllama cracks me up and rules.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

CBJSprague24 posted:

He's also the only successful coach virtually the entire time they were in Columbus. The only aberration was the last season when he wanted to leave after the bubble but was convinced to stick around one more year.

No one should ever try to convince Tortorella to do something he doesn't want to do because he'll just mail it in

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Levitate posted:

No one should ever try to convince Tortorella to do something he doesn't want to do because he'll just mail it in

From Seattle

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

I'm glad that someone has jumped on my "actually the Oilers are good" train

I have, over the course of the season, put Stanley Cup bets on New Jersey, Boston, Carolina and Edmonton.

I regret to inform you that it is impossible for any of them to win now.

Ullmark will also somehow lose the Vezina.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

secret volcano lair posted:

Perhaps this humbling reminder of the total irrelevance of their team in the broader sports world context will be the spark that convinces Rangers fans to reconsider their smug attitudes toward smaller market franchises, ushering in a new era of harmony and mutual respect

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

stab posted:

Jonathan Drouin once bodychecked a player

I saw it with my own eyes

Post proof, liar

e: I guess this counts

https://youtu.be/pdmzEV1Ufjs

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

AsInHowe posted:

This is sort of standard PR.

Lol what

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Andreas Athanasiou - 6'2" and 190. Hm. We can do better.
Lucic (and more proof Burke isn't in charge 'cause Lucic would have been a Pen 3 years ago) - 6'3" 240. He's got the beef.
Nick Ritchie - 6'3" 236. Ya that's a beefy boi.
Sundqvist - 6'3" 220. Former Pen. Won a cup.

Yeah I'm excited for Lucic.

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
At first I thought they just put Quick's head on a Columbus player. But really, they put the Columbus player's torso+arms on a picture of Quick celebrating a Cup win. Plus of course the logo on the hat.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
its gonna be crazy when the bruins and rangers get swept in the first round and also the oilers win the draft lottery again

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Real shame Teddy Blueger is off the market now

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Eric the Mauve posted:

Real shame Teddy Blueger is off the market now

Amusingly Blueger is 138th of about 480 players in hits/60. Archibald is 5th. DoC is 60th. Lucic is 44th and Nick Ritchie is 24th.

Edit: Brock McGinn is 142nd before I forget to look him up.

rex rabidorum vires fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Mar 3, 2023

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

a shorter and slower version of Denis Gurianov. Great!

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Andreas Athanasiou - 6'2" and 190. Hm. We can do better.
Lucic (and more proof Burke isn't in charge 'cause Lucic would have been a Pen 3 years ago) - 6'3" 240. He's got the beef.
Nick Ritchie - 6'3" 236. Ya that's a beefy boi.
Sundqvist - 6'3" 220. Former Pen. Won a cup.

Yeah I'm excited for Lucic.

I know there's the lol Burke meme and all that but the players Hextall keeps acquiring are the furthest thing from Burke players so I don't know how much he's in on the decisions. I guess Petry and Rutta are some of the only exceptions to that. But Rakell, Ty Smith, and Granlund are pretty far from Burke players

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
https://twitter.com/NathanGraviteh/status/1631416732932882435

lol maybe a Pens deal really did fall through

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Sorry assholes, ain't gone room for him now

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I think our “poster close to the family” AsInHowe is confusing a medium-popular NYR fan account with some sort of aspiring journalist or insider that would be subject to the standard practices of cronyism and access reporting, sorta like how they try to break news here.

I think the rest of the thread has properly understood that an NHL employee attempting to bully random members of their fan base in order to silence dissent, and admitting to homophobic sympathies while doing so, is actually bad and outrageous.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Starsfan posted:

a shorter and slower version of Denis Gurianov. Great!

I'm not vehemently disagreeing, but 9pts v 49pts. Ya know?

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

If you are holding someone out for trade reasons but can’t say (I’d say a wise decision on this case, to say and not go through would make Canucks Twitter explode), surely you go with illness and not a week to week injury.

Surely it’s more likely the Canucks doctors were looking at an X-ray upside down or something.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

VOTE1 posted:

If you are holding someone out for trade reasons but can’t say (I’d say a wise decision on this case, to say and not go through would make Canucks Twitter explode), surely you go with illness and not a week to week injury.

Surely it’s more likely the Canucks doctors were looking at an X-ray upside down or something.

At this point Im convinced the Canucks medical team are just some quack chiropractor and Duncan Keith's crystal healer.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Furnaceface posted:

At this point Im convinced the Canucks medical team are just some quack chiropractor and Duncan Keith's crystal healer.

It's whoever is leftover from Trevor Linden's gyms

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/BeauBennett19/status/1631372976628310016?s=20

Lmao

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
https://twitter.com/ThomasDrance/status/1631454485699776512

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Koopa Kid posted:

I think our “poster close to the family” AsInHowe is confusing a medium-popular NYR fan account with some sort of aspiring journalist or insider that would be subject to the standard practices of cronyism and access reporting, sorta like how they try to break news here.

I think the rest of the thread has properly understood that an NHL employee attempting to bully random members of their fan base in order to silence dissent, and admitting to homophobic sympathies while doing so, is actually bad and outrageous.

if you're not gettin white hot scoops at the cost of your dignity every single minute of your life, are you even living

only 19 points out of a wild card spot with a game in hand, you all laugh now but you'll be laughing even harder when they trade their first rounder in the offseason

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Furnaceface posted:

It’s a legit question given Sutter while under team control was treating covid with horse drugs.

Edit: can anyone explain why OEL’s buyout starts with a year where you pay virtually nothing? https://www.capfriendly.com/buyout-calculator/oliver-ekman-larsson
That seems like a trap perfectly designed to lure short term thinkers in…

VOTE1 fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Mar 3, 2023

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

VOTE1 posted:

It’s a legit question given Sutter while under team control was treating covid with horse drugs.

The actual reason for this is that Sutter is a screaming loving moron.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

grack posted:

The actual reason for this is that Sutter is a screaming loving moron.

Yeah but he’s a hockey player, teams controlling medical treatment generally seems like a good thing (Eichel case maybe the exception). But in that case the team was able to stop the player getting the treatment, we’re the Canucks just ok with him doing it?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

VOTE1 posted:

Yeah but he’s a hockey player, teams controlling medical treatment generally seems like a good thing (Eichel case maybe the exception). But in that case the team was able to stop the player getting the treatment, we’re the Canucks just ok with him doing it?

How would you propose to stop him? Even if Sutter is under contract, the Canucks can't legally stop him from exploring any possible treatment when no recognized treatment pathway for COVID exists. It's basically "treat the symptoms and hope it doesn't gently caress up your life."

The issue with Eichel was there was a viable, safe, and recognized treatment for his neck issues - spinal fusion. Eichel just didn't want to deal with the extended recovery time.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Schenn is supposedly starting on the "top" pair with Rielly.

Why is any of this happening.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Lmao

Huggybear
Jun 17, 2005

I got the jimjams

grack posted:

How would you propose to stop him? Even if Sutter is under contract, the Canucks can't legally stop him from exploring any possible treatment when no recognized treatment pathway for COVID exists. It's basically "treat the symptoms and hope it doesn't gently caress up your life."

The issue with Eichel was there was a viable, safe, and recognized treatment for his neck issues - spinal fusion. Eichel just didn't want to deal with the extended recovery time.

What? There are vaccines. Epidemiologically, that is the treatment pathway. When x amount of the population is inoculated it lowers the mortality rate. If he chose ivermectin over inoculation he puts the general population and the team at risk because remaining unvaccinated increases the likelihood of sickness and transmission

assuming that he was unvaccinated as ivermectin and stupidity are kissing cousins

e: vvvv ah, did not know that about Hamonic. Won't post further as it feels like a bit of a derail, but vaccinated and ivermectin? LOL

Huggybear fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Mar 3, 2023

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

eXXon posted:

Schenn is supposedly starting on the "top" pair with Rielly.

Why is any of this happening.

Lol that owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Huggybear posted:

What? There are vaccines. Epidemiologically, that is the treatment pathway. When x amount of the population is inoculated it lowers the mortality rate. If he chose ivermectin over inoculation he puts the general population and the team at risk because remaining unvaccinated increases the likelihood of sickness and transmission

assuming that he was unvaccinated as ivermectin and stupidity are kissing cousins

Sutter was vaccinated, but was only eligible to receive a vaccine well after he got COVID. Nearly the entire team got COVID in late March 2021, before vaccines were available for their age group.

Hamonic was the dumbfuck who refused to get a vaccine.

grack fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Mar 3, 2023