Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I'm trying to picture typing in my mind's eye but I have no idea if I use left shift, right shift, or both. It's pure muscle memory at this point

cheetah7071 posted:

good metroid post

ty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I loaded up Hi Fi Rush on a whim and the opening cutscene sold me, just looks brilliant, will be competing with Wo Long for my attention this weekend

MuffinsAndPie
May 20, 2015

You all use left shift when your pinky is sitting there on the semi-colon doing nothing 99.99% of the time and can be used to hit shift every once in a while??

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man
I use left shift to capitalize letters typed with the right hand and right shift for ones on the left. I thought that was the whole point of having two shift keys? Sometimes I'll do a same-hand-shift, but that's not typical.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

skeletronics posted:

I use left shift to capitalize letters typed with the right hand and right shift for ones on the left. I thought that was the whole point of having two shift keys? Sometimes I'll do a same-hand-shift, but that's not typical.

yeah, same here, especially since i'm gonna be pressing enter a lot when i'm typing most of the time anyways

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I've never even thought about hitting right shift before lol

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

it's neat how people develop different keyboard position habits seemingly out of the blue; like, i can't imagine typing without having both shift keys accessible, but i also grew up in an era where being forced to do keyboard typing lessons in middle school was mandatory

it's like in league where there's some people who swear by using 4 fingers to have QWER accessible at all times, and every time i've tried to do that it feels like someone's squeezing my hand with a vice

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

have you tried having tiny waifish fingers like me

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
My fingers can do Naruto jutsus by cycling through hand positions for Photoshop shortcuts

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

RBA Starblade posted:

I only ever use right shift and earlier I was playing a game where it was bound to something, and to type a capital letter for character names I had to use left shift, and I was practically disabled

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Making my posts like

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I never really ever learned how to type, and I also had to take typing classes. Fine manual dexterity has always escaped me. I also haven't used an actual keyboard since about 2013.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I four-finger it and look at the keyboard when my fingers get lost, I'm Mavis Beacon and Mario would both be disappointed but you learn how you learn.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Most mobile keyboards I've seen don't have a right shift, only left

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Most mobile keyboards I've seen don't have a right shift, only left

They're giving keyboards legs now?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

No? Mobile keyboards use wheels

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

even with proper typing form right shift is still further away from your hands than left shift

very strange

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I couldn't tell you what keys I press. I know how to type. just realized that I type capital Is with right shift though, through my powers of observation

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

homeless snail posted:

I couldn't tell you what keys I press. I know how to type. just realized that I type capital Is with right shift though, through my powers of observation

Yeah I almost made a post about how I don't use hometown keys and still hunt n peck except I know where the keys are, but then I was watching me type and realized I don't look at the keyboard or hunt n peck or take a proper position I'm just pressing the keys without doing anything? Just think the words and make the same typing errors forever how it happens nobody knows

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

A new Jet Set Radio would be amazing :swoon:

Hideki Naganuma is also on the Bomb Funk Cyberrush soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duqb8xP3Ptk

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I heard Sega is gonna bring back Jet Grind Radio, Space Channel 5, Skies of Arcadia, the Sega Channel and the Dreamcast 2!!!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

No Toy Commander 2? I'm out.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Infinitum posted:

A new Jet Set Radio would be amazing :swoon:

Hideki Naganuma is also on the Bomb Funk Cyberrush soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duqb8xP3Ptk

want this game

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

metroid fusion post

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1631459746493464577?s=20

what do you know

E: Also Capcom direct next week

https://twitter.com/CapcomUSA_/status/1631463147675717632?s=20

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Mar 3, 2023

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:hellyeah:

Mario Kart 8 Wave 4 of 6 out same day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg-YQ1k57Gg

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm getting so frustrated about the Capcom thing being a remake, a port, a collection of roms that should have been out six months ago, a two year old game, and a live service game no one wants

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm getting so frustrated about the Capcom thing being a remake, a port, a collection of roms that should have been out six months ago, a two year old game, and a live service game no one wants

Look, all I want is for them to tell us what exactly the fresh hell RE4’s VR content is.

And port the RE7 VR mode to PSVR2, that would also be nice.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I told myself not to, but I let myself have a millisecond of hope for Ace Attorney 7

please capcom i don't like resi or monhun

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Might be time to consider liking good games

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
They’re gonna reveal Shadow of Rome 2

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
They're gonna finally announce Viewtiful Joe 3 for the Gamecube; I can feel it in my bones

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Monster Hunter Galaxy? How do that going to work?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Flying up to a space whale and smacking it in the face with a big hammer.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

do NOT assault the space whales

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Jay Rust posted:

Monster Hunter Galaxy? How do that going to work?

Isn't that just Lost Planet 2

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Is Pragmata ever showing up again or is it this gens Deep Down?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

How do most retro games handle this? I think I read somewhere the BattleNetwork collection is being ported over, rather than using emulation or something. I think I have a small Sega retro thing on steam and a pacman game that's mostly old pacmens. Not sure how either of those do it.

Wish if they were going through the effort to rewrite any of it for PC, they'd add or tweak some things, maybe add connectivity of some sort between them all.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I mean technically the Battle Network games are being rebuilt ground up

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Khanstant posted:

I have a notepad doc I keep open with all of the most important capital letters and punctuation to copy paste whenever I need

There was a time in my life where the y key on my laptop didn't work and rather than get it fixed I would just copy and paste a y from somewhere every time I need to type a y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i think at 112 hours in i'm gonna call it done on Wild Hearts. 9/10, excellent game, it'd be a 10 if it ran better. (there are still more difficult monsters that just unlocked after i killed the previous set of very difficult monsters, but i think i need a break plus i want to play wo long)

HopperUK posted:

Flying up to a space whale and smacking it in the face with a big space hammer.