Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I mean technically the Battle Network games are being rebuilt ground up

First I've heard of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah and they're adding online PvP

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah and they're adding online PvP

Don't have to rebuild the entire game for that, the fan community did it by wrapping it in a special emulator.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Gripweed posted:

There was a time in my life where the y key on my laptop didn't work and rather than get it fixed I would just copy and paste a y from somewhere every time I need to type a y

Haha been there except it was just a keyboard I spilled water on and couldn't afford to replace for a bit.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Kerrzhe posted:

i think at 112 hours in i'm gonna call it done on Wild Hearts. 9/10, excellent game, it'd be a 10 if it ran better. (there are still more difficult monsters that just unlocked after i killed the previous set of very difficult monsters, but i think i need a break plus i want to play wo long)

sounds like you're saying "sayonara"

rox
Sep 7, 2016

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

lol

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

lol

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

hatty posted:

Is Pragmata ever showing up again or is it this gens Deep Down?

Deep Down you know the answer

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/jovialthunder/status/1630961213478961153

Barudak
May 7, 2007

As long as it doesn't cost as much for me to play as a copy of the RIFTS tactical game I'm in!

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

wew lad i beat the wo long demo despite the broken mouse controls (there's a deadzone when using the mouse to turn the camera! it's bad!) i hope they fix it, game basically feels like nioh-3-but-also-sekiro

also this is now koei tecmo game number 3 i've played this year that has these goofy rear end tetris shape tattoos in the character creator

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Kerrzhe posted:

wew lad i beat the wo long demo despite the broken mouse controls (there's a deadzone when using the mouse to turn the camera! it's bad!) i hope they fix it, game basically feels like nioh-3-but-also-sekiro

also this is now koei tecmo game number 3 i've played this year that has these goofy rear end tetris shape tattoos in the character creator

i've been trying to figure out if the mouse thing is an actual joystick implementation or just mouse acceleration, it's so bizarre. probably should be playing it with a controller but i'm a goddamn stubborn rear end in a top hat who's used to mouse flicks for camera movement from 12-ish years of playing league,

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lol at playing a character action game with a mouse

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

my friend played sekiro on m+kb, all the way to ishin. i have no idea how, i just found out like 2 days ago and i'm shaking

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Almost all the seats on this train are backwards. I know it's not related to games but I wanted to complain. I hate going backwards.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Bring a game boy and play some Wario Land then

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Bought a Retroid Pocket 3+ yesterday, really looking forward to playing all my favorite personally ripped retro games on it.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

How's the playmate (cranker) doing?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Wo Long loving rules. Absolutely insane to me seeing people crying their eyes out about how it's the worst game ever just because it's not Nioh In China.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

HopperUK posted:

Almost all the seats on this train are backwards. I know it's not related to games but I wanted to complain. I hate going backwards.

If you think about it whenever you face in the opposite direction of the Earth's rotation you're going backwards.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/TypeYStimpack/status/1631544843414503425

Good news: Yosuke Matsuda isn't in charge of Square anymore

Bad news: The new guy is just as much of a putz

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Also I've played with kb+m for almost two decades At this point and I can't understand how people use controllers to play character action games.

It's probably just cause kbm is so deeply ingrained at this point but I have to actively think about what a bumper vs trigger button is and constantly gently caress it up that I really only use controller.for a handful of games. And usually then because the game dev was either lazy or insane and has clearly never used a kbm in their life so the keybinds are hot garbage.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/TypeYStimpack/status/1631544843414503425

Good news: Yosuke Matsuda isn't in charge of Square anymore

Bad news: The new guy is just as much of a putz

I haven't seen a proper translation of matsuda's comments yet, but it seems like he'd been planning to move on at the 10-year mark and still talks up web3 as a continuing company interest.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

But also I see people saying that web3/NFT is pure buzzword internationally even moreso than here, so frankly I don't really care until something actually happens if ever.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Though to be fair, Dentsu is a general marketing company, not a metaverse company, and this seems to have just been one of their clients

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Wo Long loving rules. Absolutely insane to me seeing people crying their eyes out about how it's the worst game ever just because it's not Nioh In China.

i played the demo and immediately stopped after getting phase one of the first boss done because I knew I wanted to play that poo poo

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
The new 15 minute Dead Island 2 preview makes the game look real good. I am eagerly awaiting April 21st.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Though to be fair, Dentsu is a general marketing company, not a metaverse company, and this seems to have just been one of their clients

yeah, this guy’s web3 involvement seems like more a consequence of having a massive portfolio than anything ideological

wonder how much of this is due to SE selling off their western studios for a song

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Wo Long doesn't feel too character actiony to me, more like an RPG with parries. Fun though!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Evil Kit posted:

Also I've played with kb+m for almost two decades At this point and I can't understand how people use controllers to play character action games.

It's probably just cause kbm is so deeply ingrained at this point but I have to actively think about what a bumper vs trigger button is and constantly gently caress it up that I really only use controller.for a handful of games. And usually then because the game dev was either lazy or insane and has clearly never used a kbm in their life so the keybinds are hot garbage.

Lol it's not casting bones OP, it's using a joystick. You learn after repeated use, simple as that.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
You push the stick a direction and the videogame person moves that way u pushed the stick

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It does take me a nonzero amount of microseconds to process which right shoulder button to press when a game says to hit RT

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Jay Rust posted:

It does take me a nonzero amount of microseconds to process which right shoulder button to press when a game says to hit RT

I have never played a game that has asked me to hit RT

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

interesting

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

If your game starts asking you to RT and mash that subscribe button, run.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Jay Rust posted:

interesting

I'm glad you thought so

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I'm still confused about the three lines and two squares that replaced start and select

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I still call them start and select except when kids don’t know what those are then I just call them the menu or hamburger buttons

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

bone emulator posted:

I'm still confused about the three lines and two squares that replaced start and select
they're the, menu and view buttons now!! menu button is the standard hamburger menu icon that everyones used for decades now, and the view icon is, the symbol windows uses for alt-tab for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
The real hard mode is something like playing PC games using a PS4 controller, except all the button prompts in PC games are for Xbox buttons. Meanwhile your other system is a Switch which calls all the face buttons the same thing as the Xbox controller except every one of them is in a different place. What sort of idiot would play games like that