Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Lance Stroll is gonna get exposed so badly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
Over/Under on Lawrence Stroll paying out Nando to torpedo himself so Lance doesn't look like pure dogshit by comparison?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Lance Stroll - DNH

Driver No Hands

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

you're all doubting Podium Finisher Lance Stroll?

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

time for a krack addicts gang tag

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Fire stroll bring back Vettel. Alonso and Vettel would be so powerful.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

hard to tell who thinks aston martin stands a serious chance and who already knows lewis is going to win this

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Pragmatica posted:

still waiting for tony to come back…..

Didn't tony eat a perma?

If he comes back I hope it's with the username "Zak brown note"

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Aston really being good almost seems like too much to hope for.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Tony is alive in all of our hearts.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
I remember everyone getting hype about force India the year they were the pink Mercedes too.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Pastel Candy Snake posted:

Over/Under on Lawrence Stroll paying out Nando to torpedo himself so Lance doesn't look like pure dogshit by comparison?

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
And that's pushing it dude that's the friend discount vegas has it at 4 even

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Pastel Candy Snake posted:

He’s a rich old dude, there’s no way he actually likes his own son

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Thanks Ants posted:

He’s a rich old dude, there’s no way he actually likes his own son

There absolutely is status for Lawrence in Lance winning which is kind of like love.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Here is everyone's yearly reminder of why Tony got banned last time

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3914982&pagenumber=520&perpage=40&userid=0#post510243659

Let's not wish for his return please

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
i’m just teasing and being over top due to excitement lol
:)

rpop
Dec 17, 2003

noveo@ace

Skarsnik posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3914982&pagenumber=520&perpage=40&userid=0#post510243659

One time a chihuahua bit me and latched on while I was carrying some boxes, and I didn't even feel it; I only noticed because of the increased drag on my right leg. That's what Tony was like, a harmless little chihuahua yipping his heart out but unable to do any real damage. I vote we free Tony for a bit; the start of the season is a perfect time for the mentally unhinged.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

did Aston Martin finish their new facilities and is that why their car is good now or have they not even moved in yet and this is only a fraction of their potential???? who can say

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Skarsnik posted:

I was thinking about ways to find this post and laugh at it so thank you for posting it

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

lmao at mercedes being slower than their own customer team, but I guess that's what happens when all your top staff quit.

The only proper way forward now is for Hamilton to talk to Strolls senior and switch places with Lance for a season. The proper end to their careers is Alonso/Lewis on the same team in a decent car.

HampHamp
Oct 30, 2006

Alaois posted:

did Aston Martin finish their new facilities and is that why their car is good now or have they not even moved in yet and this is only a fraction of their potential???? who can say

I can say, because I work there! The new facility should be ready for around June i think. I'm only a lowly cnc programmer so the car being good won't have much to do with me.

As for the car itself, we're hoping for some improvements over last year but keeping our expectations in check. The higher ups do seem quite happy with it so fingers crossed we do a bit better than last year!

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

marshalljim posted:

Aston really being good almost seems like too much to hope for.
You know when that team's foundations was good last time?
When Checo won a loving race.

Checo WDC 2023

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
ooooooh an insider!

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Pragmatica posted:

ooooooh an insider!

That's 2 now right? Williams Goon, AM Goon?
Soon we will have all the Binfinity posters.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

HampHamp posted:

I can say, because I work there! The new facility should be ready for around June i think. I'm only a lowly cnc programmer so the car being good won't have much to do with me.

As for the car itself, we're hoping for some improvements over last year but keeping our expectations in check. The higher ups do seem quite happy with it so fingers crossed we do a bit better than last year!

those midseason upgrades...

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

WELL DONE HAMPHAMP

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Skarsnik posted:

I'm wishing for Tony to come back and spice the thread up again

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://twitter.com/DopeStanley_/status/1631639719669792771?s=20

According to Helmut Marko, they are investigating Max Verstappen's car for strange behavior. Both he and Checo had the same setup, but in slow corners according to them you can tell the difference. "The car doesn't behave like it did in pre-season."

Jos Verstappen: *Give that car to Checo * 😠

ArmedZombie fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Mar 4, 2023

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

they're in the honeymoon phase before alonso fucks htem

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

ethanol posted:

they're in the honeymoon phase before alonso fucks htem

Yap. Alonso can't develop a car for poo poo

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

HampHamp posted:

Hey gently caress you. Sincerely, a lowly CNC programmer who makes boring parts for a boring industry.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://twitter.com/Gingannoshishio/status/1631647993437863936?s=20

"Clįsico fellatio de Marko" jajajajajaja

HampHamp
Oct 30, 2006

acidx posted:

Hey gently caress you. Sincerely, a lowly CNC programmer who makes boring parts for a boring industry.

The vast majority of the parts I make are boring! I'm glad I get to do the milling stuff at least, even in F1 lathe work is boring as poo poo

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

acidx posted:

yeah but when you work for 'passione' like a sport they get to abuse you and pay you less because 'doing what you love'

HampHamp
Oct 30, 2006

ethanol posted:

yeah but when you work for 'passione' like a sport they get to abuse you and pay you less because 'doing what you love'

The pay isn't too bad! And it's been a lovely place to work, there's a distinct lack of night shift machinists and programmers so they value retention. Like my mum was super sick a month after I started, and they wangled it to give me a lot of time off, which I really appreciated.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

HampHamp posted:

The vast majority of the parts I make are boring! I'm glad I get to do the milling stuff at least, even in F1 lathe work is boring as poo poo

That's too bad. Mostly titanium or do you get some oddball materials? I toyed with the idea of moving and trying to get a job with Haas, but I hate Haas machines and I'd probably have to take a paycut. It would be fun to watch a race and see something fail, and then start questioning if I hosed up though.

HampHamp
Oct 30, 2006

acidx posted:

That's too bad. Mostly titanium or do you get some oddball materials? I toyed with the idea of moving and trying to get a job with Haas, but I hate Haas machines and I'd probably have to take a paycut. It would be fun to watch a race and see something fail, and then start questioning if I hosed up though.

I make a lot of stuff for wind tunnel testing so mostly aluminium, most of the car parts are Titanium though. Oh yeah I did have to switch from mostly mazaks over to a few machines with Heidenhain controls, and I loving despise them. People who've used them for years seem to like them but I think they're shite.

E: I did make some bits from tungsten last week, think they were ballast for one of the wings. Not much fun to machine, that stuff

HampHamp fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Mar 4, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

HampHamp posted:

I make a lot of stuff for wind tunnel testing so mostly aluminium, most of the car parts are Titanium though. Oh yeah I did have to switch from mostly mazaks over to a few machines with Heidenhain controls, and I loving despise them. People who've used them for years seem to like them but I think they're shite.

E: I did make some bits from tungsten last week, think they were ballast for one of the wings. Not much fun to machine, that stuff

Yeah I'm a Mazak guy. I think McLaren has a partnership with them so they probably have some Mazaks there. What the hell do you cut tungsten with lol.