Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Awesome Collector still hasn't sent me the Shin Ultraman replica Beta Capsule that I pre-ordered in September. I know it probably is still on it's way to them, but reviews in Japan came out a month ago and I really want it, damnit. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqQI5LqHXlc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I bought a KALLAX for displaying dolls. Turns out I mis-measured and it wont fit at the end of my hall. I have no where for all these fun new dolls I'm accumulating.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

McFarlane previewed an 89 Batmobile today! :shepspends:

OMG. I will need to see info about the scale and the price but I'm guessing I should cancel the '89 Batmobile sitting in my BBTS pile of loot and hold out for this one.

I've wanted a 1989 Batmobile for a long time. In fact one year for Christmas I got the Kenner "Batmissile" one from Batman Returns, but it was defective. Mechanism didn't work, so the sides that pop off wouldn't stay on at all, you'd push them on there and they would just fly right off again. So I tried to exchange it at the store, but they were sold out and I had to just take store credit and get some other poo poo. I always regretted even giving it up, for years I thought I should have just duct taped the poo poo together or something, at least I'd have the thing. And that wound has never really healed... I keep waiting for a good '89 Batmobile that's not too small, too expensive, or both.

I figured that one I linked, 1/18 scale for $50, was about as good as it would get, but really I want one that basically fits with the NECA Keaton Batman figure. If the McFarlane one is actually to scale with their figures, that will be just about right. I won't even be mad if it's slightly too big.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Nanigans posted:

Try Nin-Nin-Game. It's what I used.

Considering P-Bandai was $85, add in 7% tax, so about $91, plus the $10 shipping (I didn't get Beast Gohan from them), it comes out to $101.

With Nin-Nin-Game, using upgraded DHL shipping, it came out to $107 and I get it 1-2 months earlier.

Thanks for this advice, I'll have a look :)

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Tired: Dumping $200,000 of Magic the Gathering into a landfill
Wired: Dumping $30,000,000 of Funko Pops into a landfill.

https://futurism.com/the-byte/dumping-30-million-funko-pops-landfill

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Joytoy going wild

Argent Shroud Sisters and Warsuit

Imperial Fist go-kart and bike

Raven Guard

I know the Raven Guard have unnaturally pale skin but that's not the shade I imagined

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m priced out of Neca figures. I wanted to snag the shamen predator and finally found him but the 39.00 price tag was a big nah. Just not worth it

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.

Gripweed posted:

Joytoy going wild

Imperial Fist go-kart and bike

Dang. I haven't picked up anything from this line yet, but I've always been a huge sucker for the Imperial Fists and that Tonka truck yellow armor.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
This is so goofy. I love it.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
For those of you who ordered the inart joker, don't put him near the edge of your shelf. I've seen a lot of posts where he's fallen face first, even with the magnet shoes.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Finally got the third and last FFT Bring Arts today, I really hope Squeenix make some FFTA figures next.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

Dang. I haven't picked up anything from this line yet, but I've always been a huge sucker for the Imperial Fists and that Tonka truck yellow armor.

All the Joyoty Fists look so good

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

For those of you who ordered the inart joker, don't put him near the edge of your shelf. I've seen a lot of posts where he's fallen face first, even with the magnet shoes.

Wanna know how I got these scars…?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

oh poo poo they're doing some of the cool Infinity guys

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Don't know if this is the best place to ask this, but people have talked about props/costumes here before... my friends and I are going to a convention later this year, and it sounds like we're going to try and do some Star Wars Jedi/Sith themed cosplay for it. I don't really have anything Sith-themed right now, nor have I really gone into cosplay much before.... where should I start to look for a decent costume? Do I just search for "Sith Cosplay" on, like, Etsy?

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Don't know if this is the best place to ask this, but people have talked about props/costumes here before... my friends and I are going to a convention later this year, and it sounds like we're going to try and do some Star Wars Jedi/Sith themed cosplay for it. I don't really have anything Sith-themed right now, nor have I really gone into cosplay much before.... where should I start to look for a decent costume? Do I just search for "Sith Cosplay" on, like, Etsy?

Sounds like fun. Take it's a bunch of people from all over converging in one place rather than from a single area? That seems to be a normal thing.

As for costumes, look at amazon. They got Jedi or Sith costumes, the whole thing. You only need a lightsaber which again you can get there as well, cheap or fancy is a choice you have to make.

That, and if you want to wear some face paint or not.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The costumes you’ll find online will be for specific characters.

Something like Anakin would be the most generic since it’s just a black tunic and robe.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I was avoiding Amazon, I just assumed the costumes there would look cheap? I don’t mind spending a bit of money here

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Ahsoka got here last night.

It’s an awesome figure. The silicon arms look great and feel pretty realistic. The details on everything from her sabers to her clothes are top notch. My one and only gripe is the limited articulation on the silicon parts of the arms. It’s just as well, though. I doubt I would move them much for fear of them degrading.

I need to figure out how to futz with the poncho to get it to look right. But I probably wouldn’t display it with that on much anyway. It hides all of the great details.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
Huzzah! My Origins King Hiss preorder finally shipped from Amazon!

Also MV Man-E-Faces dropped in my POL, so I hit ship on that one right away as I'mreally looking forward to him.

Also ALSO my MV Pig Head arrived and he's such a cool figure. Sun-Man is top tier for this line and Pig Head right up there with him. Based on these two, I really look forward Mattel updating the rest if the RoTS crew.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I bought Qui Gon’s saber at Disney.

I always liked how it looked like a functional weapon, like something someone making a saber as a standard issue would design. Since every other saber is a bunch of junk glued together it stands out.

It’s chunkier than a hobbyist one of course, but it’s also a third of the price.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Nothing I was looking for but they had this Rob Zombie Herman. Not good source material there NECA.

https://twitter.com/joefisto/status/1632049690656276480?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Aphrodite posted:

I bought Qui Gon’s saber at Disney.

I always liked how it looked like a functional weapon, like something someone making a saber as a standard issue would design. Since every other saber is a bunch of junk glued together it stands out.

It’s chunkier than a hobbyist one of course, but it’s also a third of the price.

I had a toy one from when Phantom Menace came out. My first lightsaber, so it’s always been a favorite.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I just hate how giant the Disney ones feel. I had fun making mine and I’ll definitely buy the Kanan saber when it’s available, but I wish it was more of a prop and less of a lead pipe you could demolish walls with.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Someone with more money than sense please buy this for $40 while united states dollars so we can get more photos of how bad it is. "Egyptian Archer" from the Guardians of Antiquity line by Invictus Toys

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

thiccabod posted:

Someone with more money than sense please buy this for $40 while united states dollars so we can get more photos of how bad it is. "Egyptian Archer" from the Guardians of Antiquity line by Invictus Toys

Is this a side company from the dudes who sculpt the Playmates TMNT figs?

Nanigans posted:

Ahsoka got here last night.

It’s an awesome figure. The silicon arms look great and feel pretty realistic. The details on everything from her sabers to her clothes are top notch. My one and only gripe is the limited articulation on the silicon parts of the arms. It’s just as well, though. I doubt I would move them much for fear of them degrading.

I need to figure out how to futz with the poncho to get it to look right. But I probably wouldn’t display it with that on much anyway. It hides all of the great details.

She looks great! My anticipation is very high for this one.

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Mar 4, 2023

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Joe Fisto posted:

She looks great! My anticipation is very high for this one.

Babysitting R2 until Luke arrives.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Nanigans posted:

Try Nin-Nin-Game. It's what I used.

Considering P-Bandai was $85, add in 7% tax, so about $91, plus the $10 shipping (I didn't get Beast Gohan from them), it comes out to $101.

With Nin-Nin-Game, using upgraded DHL shipping, it came out to $107 and I get it 1-2 months earlier.

Ended up preordering beast goku and orange goku from Nin-Nin-Game, even with shipping I'm saving a ton over bbts. Thanks again for the heads-up.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Ended up preordering beast goku and orange goku from Nin-Nin-Game, even with shipping I'm saving a ton over bbts. Thanks again for the heads-up.

NP. I’ve used them like a dozen times and they’re totally legit. You also earn rewards points to save money off future purchases.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Set up another detolf today, and I put new lights into it and the one I have to the right of it. Now I have enough room to display my SHZ Dragonall figures together!

ZeroPrimal
Feb 24, 2010

The slave becomes the master.
“There can be only one!”https://imgur.com/a/CWK3kej

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
psa warning, watch out for Snacksmaniac, they will send you offensive turtle toys in exchange for money. This is illegal and the feds have been informed.

For real though, thank you a ton, having folks here look out for each other rules. The Cars sticker on the package made me laugh knowing you're looking for a specific one (I've checked a couple times with no luck yet!)

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

That Samus is pretty neat; who makes it, how much is it, and where can I find it?

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Xenomrph posted:

That Samus is pretty neat; who makes it, how much is it, and where can I find it?

I saw it at Wal-Mart this past week. Don't know cost but I think it was sub-$20?

I liked it for the price, but really I couldn't justify it. I still don't have a Samus to put with my Metroid though...

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Man, my Corruption Figma Samus is going for $300+ now. Y'all really shoulda jumped on that one the first two times they released it. It's perfect.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Coooool

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1632412315017461760?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Nanigans posted:

Man, my Corruption Figma Samus is going for $300+ now. Y'all really shoulda jumped on that one the first two times they released it. It's perfect.

I have the Other M one because I told myself I didn't need any others and that one was readily available.

I think I may have made a mistake.

Likewise with the Dread one, who's preorder appears to be sold out.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Xenomrph posted:

I have the Other M one because I told myself I didn't need any others and that one was readily available.

I think I may have made a mistake.

Likewise with the Dread one, who's preorder appears to be sold out.

Had that one too, but the Prime version is so much better to me. It's what I see in my head when I think of Samus.

It's kind of a curse that I'll keep buying a character over and over until I find my ideal version. And even then, sometimes they'll release something that doesn't look too different, but has better paint, or accessories, or articulation and I end up double dipping again anyway.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Xenomrph posted:

Jakks released BOTW Zelda and Link, along with that Samus, in the past month and I think have only been showing up in Wal-Marts right now. They’re roughly $13 a piece and pretty decent overall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

ZeroPrimal posted:

“There can be only one!”https://imgur.com/a/CWK3kej

Ha, I got those the other day but haven't opened them. One of my fav movies.