Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The Joel voice actor is featured prominently in the teaser for the next episode. I'm sure they'll give him a gruesome death or a kick to the balls or something funny like that. As long as it's not a wink and a nod to vidyagamers I'll be happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Ellie and Joel make it to California, where Outbreak Day never happened because of the trendy gluten-free diet, and they meet some video game developers looking for story ideas to create a zombie game for the Playstation 3.

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022

Mu Zeta posted:

The Joel voice actor is featured prominently in the teaser for the next episode. I'm sure they'll give him a gruesome death or a kick to the balls or something funny like that. As long as it's not a wink and a nod to vidyagamers I'll be happy.

Troy Baker has been open that he is irl a skinny lil bitch who would never last in a zombie apocalypse, unless he finds himself the second to the leader of some cannibal band.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Elden Lord Godfrey posted:

Troy Baker has been open that he is irl a skinny lil bitch who would never last in a zombie apocalypse, unless he finds himself the second to the leader of some cannibal band.

I have a very strong feeling Troy Baker's plan for a zombie apocalypse would be to immediately seek out Travis Willingham and hope that he beats all the zombies to death with his giant man hands.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I thought he'd be Amazon Delivery Driver until he lost his mind and decided terrorism was cool and his thing now

Moltke
May 13, 2009
sorry, everyone who posted "zombie" in this thread has made a mistake. i am requesting that this no longer be posted. thank you - management

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

We settled that pages ago, they're fungzombs. Or fungzoms if your b key doesn't work. But if they aren't a specific type like a little glimmy clinkler, then they will be just referred to as infecTEDS, you have to emphasize the last syllable to make it more difficult to pronounce.

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

Manterelles, aka the Crimen.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Friendly reminder: Just by nature of "having an opinion" does not mean your opinion is equal to other opinions or even very good at all. In fact a lot of "opinions" can in fact be incredibly stupid, thoughtless or outright wrong.

This has nothing to do with "group think" but more so to do with the quality of arguments presented within the opinion. Most opinions are formed around some thesis, or a synthesis of ideas and evidence. If they aren't, well, they are probably pretty stupid!

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

covidstomper58 posted:

We settled that pages ago, they're fungzombs. Or fungzoms if your b key doesn't work. But if they aren't a specific type like a little glimmy clinkler, then they will be just referred to as infecTEDS, you have to emphasize the last syllable to make it more difficult to pronounce.

stop trying to make fungzombs happen gretchen

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Better to be a fungus than a sheeple

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022

Khanstant posted:

I thought he'd be Amazon Delivery Driver until he lost his mind and decided terrorism was cool and his thing now

I have an interesting idea that Troy Baker's roles of Joel and Higgs exist in dialogue with one another.

Joel is played as a heroic protagonist. Someone who is a heroic everyman. Capable of immense violence, but that violence can always be justified in some way, either for survival, or for the survival of those he loves. And what a deep wellspring of love that Joel is capable of. There is a reason he is such a beloved and popular character amongst those who have gotten to know him, in spite of the complications.

Higgs, on the other hand, is made up of Baker's insecurities and worries that he can not live up those heroic ideals. Someone who has always existed in the shadow of the world, who has suddenly been granted an incredible power. And what does he do with that power? Immediately become corrupted by its nihilism, exploiting it ruthlessly to rob and kill for not just mere survival, but pure self aggrandizement.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Isn't sentient fungus the orks from 40k? When are we going to see some choppa boyz

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

ilmucche posted:

Isn't sentient fungus the orks from 40k? When are we going to see some choppa boyz

38000 years later

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

R. Guyovich posted:

stop trying to make fungzombs happen gretchen

You can’t just ask someone why they’re mycelium.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Nm what's mycelium with you?

Moltke
May 13, 2009
i'm hearing so much about mycelium, but what about yourcelium?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Up yourcelium

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
oh what a feeling
when we're dancing on mycelium

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
Just call them fungs. If Joel were to hit one hard enough, he might share that information by saying "fung go pop"

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

uvar posted:

Just call them fungs. If Joel were to hit one hard enough, he might share that information by saying "fung go pop"
Heh.

Though now that you mention it, I do honestly find it weird that people still call them "infected," 'cause three-or-more syllable words for things you say every day of your life usually get shortened to something two-or-less.

They'd be calling them "spores" or something.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

They should call them shroomers, so Ellie can say "ok shroomer" and then do a tik tok dance

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Martman posted:

They should call them shroomers, so Ellie can say "ok shroomer" and then do a tik tok dance

youtube doesnt exist in this world

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

They would be called fungal memes instead of viral memes

A Tasteful Nude
Jun 3, 2013

A cool anime hagrid pic (imagine nude pls)
Wrong thread - really sorry. Genuinely thought I had opened the spoiler thread and posted Bad Things for about 15 seconds.

Sincere apologies if any unsullied saw anything, though it seems unlikely.

A Tasteful Nude fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Mar 5, 2023

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Man, I'm trying to watch episode one on my TV and the sound balancing is so bad. The intro is twice as loud as all the dialogue. Why is every modern show like this?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Because modern microphones and recording technology are good enough that actors don’t have to bother projecting any more, and the people mixing the sound are mixing it for high-end AV systems to impress other industry types and don’t care if regular people can’t hear it on their tiny stereo speakers.

Just turn on captions.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Riding that volume control like a bucking branco for the grave sin of having neighbors.

I always like captions anyway, but making it an absolute necessity is annoying.

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

withak posted:

Because modern microphones and recording technology are good enough that actors don’t have to bother projecting any more

Bring back lo-fi tech and also Sir Patrick Steward emoting like a m'fer across the carpeted confines of the Enterprise bridge. I mean, not that he can anymore, but...

Xiahou Dun posted:

Riding that volume control like a bucking branco for the grave sin of having neighbors.

No kidding. The branded intros for new Star Trek and Star Wars are particularly egregious.

fake edit: no, no TLOU content here but seriously, modern TV pls.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Chamale posted:

Man, I'm trying to watch episode one on my TV and the sound balancing is so bad. The intro is twice as loud as all the dialogue. Why is every modern show like this?

Vox actually recently answered this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYJtb2YXae8

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang

drat, you beat me to posting this. That video is a pro-click if you ever wondered why suddenly you needed to turn on captions even though you're reasonably sure that you're not actually hard of hearing normally.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
It's something that comes up a bunch, and the range has always felt like the biggest issue to me. I get that real life explosions would blow my eardrums out, but that's not what I'm looking for from a tv show/movie

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Boris Galerkin posted:

youtube doesnt exist in this world

yahoo reigns supreme!

and they never got to see the end of the lord of the rings trilogy... or the matrix trilogy

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The most successful movie in cinemas on Outbreak Day was Welcome to the Jungle starring The Rock and Sean William Scott. A few days before it was Underworld. Poor fuckers.

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

I tried to run away. To take the easy way out. I'll live through the suffering. When I die, I want to feel like I did my best.

Chamale posted:

The only good thing that torrenting has over just using some random blackmarket stream site is that you can apply the compressor thing in vlc to fix that, but yeah CC everyday all day!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

stev posted:

The most successful movie in cinemas on Outbreak Day was Welcome to the Jungle starring The Rock and Sean William Scott. A few days before it was Underworld. Poor fuckers.

That explains why everyone came running out of that theater when poo poo was going down then. It wasn't the zombies, it was The Rock.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

ilmucche posted:

It's something that comes up a bunch, and the range has always felt like the biggest issue to me. I get that real life explosions would blow my eardrums out, but that's not what I'm looking for from a tv show/movie

It's funny that this comes up in the show thread, because TLOU games were praised for their huge options and accessibility menu and audio dynamics is one of them. Like if you have an amazing theater system then you can turn it all the way up to max and experience the full range of a whisper to an explosion, but the lowest setting is called "Midnight" and basically compresses and normalizes all the audio for you.

edit: The Rundown is good :colbert:

Ror fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Mar 5, 2023

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Ror posted:

edit: The Rundown is good :colbert:

So was Underworld, for what it was. Not everything has to be an Oscar winner, sometimes a movie can just be fun.

But tonight's episode looks pretty good, if the preview is anything to go by.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
That bit where Kate Beckinsale slices the bad vampires head and it slides off cos she cut his head diagonally was a formative experience for me (ie very cool)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Joel didn't get Penicillin he got the stuff they give racehorses before the big race.