Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Waffleman_ posted:

Ohio is Caelid

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamSessler/status/1632078967216959489?t=MDOyXPt-n6iuMOtEcK_mpA&s=19

Lol how loving easy would it be to say "Yeah, sorry, this was nearly 20 years ago"

You think he wouldn't say anything after his last meltdown.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
There have got to be plenty of other ways to burn baiten kaitos sequel but it's extremely far from being any kind of boner stimulator. Hell of a way to double down on an already bad review. Triple lol because he's dying on this hill over a game he probably never played

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

what's the best boner simulator

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Hwurmp posted:

shadows of the damned

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Mr. Bones on the Saturn probably

bone emulator fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Mar 4, 2023

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Hwurmp posted:

boku no natsuyasumi according to sessler

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Waffleman_ posted:

Ohio is Caelid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxRAjiDDfs0&t=104s

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Hwurmp posted:

Skullmonkeys

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

bone emulator posted:

Paging VideoGames to the thread

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I lolled at vampire survivors when it unlocked a map with exclusively skeleton enemies called "The Bone Zone"

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

bone emulator posted:

drat this takes me back

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Hwurmp posted:

okay okay, I'll be the one to say it

your mom

is a nice person

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

haveblue posted:

I lolled at vampire survivors when it unlocked a map with exclusively skeleton enemies called "The Bone Zone"

that was one of the best areas in harmony of dissonance

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Bone Zone is the name of several of my favourite animal crossing towns

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamSessler/status/1632078967216959489?t=MDOyXPt-n6iuMOtEcK_mpA&s=19

Lol how loving easy would it be to say "Yeah, sorry, this was nearly 20 years ago"

I say this completely without irony:

Dude needs to log off, go outside, and touch grass.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

By the time stuff like G4 existed, I was already pressing play and pause to buffer QuickTime video reviews from Gamespot, so I didn't really see the need for a television program showing bad video game skits. I could watch them On-Line!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
haha remember when you had to like, get permission and a signed petition to do an LP of a videogame and it was unusualy for anyone to have videos to go along with it and then got kinda mad when videos became way more popular and didnt have to ask permission

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Khanstant posted:

There have got to be plenty of other ways to burn baiten kaitos sequel but it's extremely far from being any kind of boner stimulator. Hell of a way to double down on an already bad review. Triple lol because he's dying on this hill over a game he probably never played

Yeah that was usually the first thing someone would say back then if a viewer had a problem with a review or "Skit" Adam or Morgan did. The whole "Well they're just reading off a script don't get mad at them for it."

So these days looking back it becomes okay so like, okay so you read your script ahead of time and were like okay I'm cool with this I can do this this works?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=w7f-UGg4dMQ&si=EnSIkaIECMiOmarE&t=120

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Khanstant posted:

haha remember when you had to like, get permission and a signed petition to do an LP of a videogame and it was unusualy for anyone to have videos to go along with it and then got kinda mad when videos became way more popular and didnt have to ask permission
yeah i remember how, things currently work for japanese streamers and also vtubers based in japan

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Looper posted:

jrpg means good, wrpg means bad bland homogeneous garbage, simple as

No.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Looper posted:

that was one of the best areas in harmony of dissonance

Yes.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

homeless snail posted:

yeah i remember how, things currently work for japanese streamers and also vtubers based in japan

Wow really? Like to keep different ones in the same uhh group or company from overlapping? Or because they only LP if there's a deal to be made or is there just some main LP forum out there that'll give the black spot to if they don't comply?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I feel like that discourse on old X-play stuff is almost centering too much around Sessler and not the show/the western industry of the time in general. Like this skit here is another good example of how X-Play used to be that doesn't even involve him:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=PlDcD6HXjXE&si=EnSIkaIECMiOmarE

The last minute or so an especially last few seconds feel like a critical thinking question.

Like you pass this test if your mind immediately puts together that the game did well in Japan not because of the songs the show played in English. But instead the songs as they were in Japanese in the Japanese release.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Khanstant posted:

Wow really? Like to keep different ones in the same uhh group or company from overlapping? Or because they only LP if there's a deal to be made or is there just some main LP forum out there that'll give the black spot to if they don't comply?
oh sorry I thought you meant asking permission from the publisher of the game

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I feel like that discourse on old X-play stuff is almost centering too much around Sessler and not the show/the western industry of the time in general. Like this skit here is another good example of how X-Play used to be that doesn't even involve him:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=PlDcD6HXjXE&si=EnSIkaIECMiOmarE

The last minute or so an especially last few seconds feel like a critical thinking question.

Like you pass this test if your mind immediately puts together that the game did well in Japan not because of the songs the show played in English. But instead the songs as they were in Japanese in the Japanese release.

"People there are crazy"

God, I knew about the whole Phil Fish thing and vaguely got a sense of if when Tim Rogers was talking about it in his Tokimeki Memorial video, but 2000s American games discourse really did lean into this "Japanese are weird and crazy and foreign" huh

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/AdamSessler/status/1632111029001019392?t=JxoV5YwdvrRNaC1eeqfkNw&s=19

THE TRIPLE DOWN!

Also just with more of the racism lol

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

This guy sucks!

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

"People there are crazy"

God, I knew about the whole Phil Fish thing and vaguely got a sense of if when Tim Rogers was talking about it in his Tokimeki Memorial video, but 2000s American games discourse really did lean into this "Japanese are weird and crazy and foreign" huh

This discourse still exists on this very forum!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I legitimately think Sessler believes the main problem people have is that he didn't like the video game and not like the racism

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Always hurts to see someone who always sucked reveal themselves to always suck

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umRrhSLp668

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"All I needed to do was shut up! Yet here we are!"

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Those GBA Fire Emblems had great crit animations

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Infinitum posted:

"All I needed to do was shut up! Yet here we are!"

That's literally all you need to do. People online have the memories of goldfish, but if you try to Post Through It, you give them more to remember.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Back when FE was good

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

charlatan behavior. when games got people mocked he was there doing the mocking. when games were grasping at straws for any kind of adult discourse breakthrough no matter how tenuous he was there with bioshock infinite calling it one of the most remarkable creative feats he'd experienced. when games finally became a dominant force in contemporary culture forcing people to actually reckon with outward perception along with all the potential good and bad of the medium's ability to broadly communicate feeling, well, he's loving outta here man. don't you know that poo poo's all just toys for kids?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

charlatan behavior. when games got people mocked he was there doing the mocking. when games were grasping at straws for any kind of adult discourse breakthrough no matter how tenuous he was there with bioshock infinite calling it one of the most remarkable creative feats he'd experienced. when games finally became a dominant force in contemporary culture forcing people to actually reckon with outward perception along with all the potential good and bad of the medium's ability to broadly communicate feeling, well, he's loving outta here man. don't you know that poo poo's all just toys for kids?

yeah it's been a fun two decades of Adam Sessler finding ways to show his rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

lol at his claim that the people "After him" are maga alt-right when the thing he's defending starts with a replacement theory "joke"