Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

ilmucche posted:

There's like a while discord of goons posting about F1. Why not post here instead??

All of the Poois fans that got banned from Abu Dhabi 2021 got butthurt and are now moping in the discord.

It’s pretty fun sometimes to just throw a rando “DAS was cheating” or a super max YouTube link and watch everyone lose their goddamn minds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Ohhhh. I kind of assumed it was when the lowtax stuff went down they made a discord. At least I think that's why I'm in it? I don't remember joining it

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Just caught up on Qualifying... yup.... that went as expected.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Randomly going back to old threads did make me find this gem:

A Goon in 2021 posted:

Russell better live up to the hype, because Merc seems most likely to nail the upcoming rules Newey-style and make everyone else look dumb for a few years.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Custard Undies posted:

Just caught up on Qualifying... yup.... that went as expected.

literally hte worst results imaginable for anybody who wanted anything interesting tow atch this season

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

MustardFacial posted:

All of the Poois fans that got banned from Abu Dhabi 2021 got butthurt and are now moping in the discord.

It’s pretty fun sometimes to just throw a rando “DAS was cheating” or a super max YouTube link and watch everyone lose their goddamn minds.

Wait people got banned after the Abu Dhabi screwjob?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Masi got banned from positions of responsibility

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Zedd posted:

Well it a 1/3rd right!

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
i am ready to fail!

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
times seem fairly close, especially up the front, so Ferrari's deg could prove a problem for them against merc and redbull if Vasseur can keep them on track for an entire race distance

shame about McLaren being worse than Haas but we all know they won't have the upgrades they wanted until Baku an-
hang on I'm being told the other teams will also be making upgrades to their cars

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Cirofren posted:

times seem fairly close, especially up the front, so Ferrari's deg could prove a problem for them against merc and redbull if Vasseur can keep them on track for an entire race distance

shame about McLaren being worse than Haas but we all know they won't have the upgrades they wanted until Baku an-
hang on I'm being told the other teams will also be making upgrades to their cars

Uhhhhhhh Ferrari doesn't have any deg and is in a prime position to win tomorrow???????

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

Zedd posted:

Wow, anybody that clueless should not be allowed to post in the F1 thread at all!

ja_raul
May 1, 2005

ethanol posted:

im sick of the false optimism in this thread lately, f1 is a bad sport. it should not be watched

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

Zedd posted:

In their defense, a team did nail the regs Newey style. It just wasn't Merc, it was the team that actually employs Newey. Which seems obvious in hindsight.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

marshalljim posted:

Wow, anybody that clueless should not be allowed to post in the F1 thread at all!

agreed max fans should definitely not post

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

FAUXTON posted:

agreed max fans should definitely not post

Are there any max fans here?

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
That was a great qualifying session.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Charles Leclerc posted:

Apparently you get a hard ban for asking why Naomi Schiff is on Sky's revolving roster of dogshit pundits.

Hello, I don't think we've been properly introduced, but I'm the one who asked who Naomi Schiff is. Calling me out is not at all tolerated full stop. If I see it again it'll be a report, this will be your only warning

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
just lmao that anyone actually still talks like this. i'm so glad our mods here don't actually think they're internet policemen

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

tony quidtana posted:

Uhhhhhhh Ferrari doesn't have any deg and is in a prime position to win tomorrow???????

drat straight OP!

First car to retire from the race!

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Rhopunzel posted:

Hello, I don't think we've been properly introduced, but I'm the one who asked who Naomi Schiff is. Calling me out is not at all tolerated full stop. If I see it again it'll be a report, this will be your only warning

one of the admins. how loving taxing is it moderating a goons server about racing lmfao

Jon Carbuncle
Sep 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

lmao

Jon Carbuncle
Sep 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
I actually had hope for a moment after q3

lol I’m smooth brained as hell

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Not sure why people itt continue to call Sir Lewis the name Poois. It's rude and likely illegal. Reevaluate your mindset and consider being #blessed instead.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

butt the shitman far

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

net work error posted:

Not sure why people itt continue to call Sir Lewis the name Poois. It's rude and likely illegal. Reevaluate your mindset and consider being #blessed instead.

I completely agree. The man has been knighted by the crown and it's insulting that this thread continues to ignore this fact.

He should be called only by his full name: Sir Poois Shamilton.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

MustardFacial posted:

Lmao holy gently caress McLaren.

This should be the thread title

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Kirios posted:

I completely agree. The man has been knighted by the crown and it's insulting that this thread continues to ignore this fact.

He should be called only by his full name: Sir Poois Shamilton.

Mods?

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug

tony quidtana posted:

se dio vuole

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I’m going to laugh so fuckin hard if Charles finishes the race tomorrow with a new set of soft tires.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Max is going to disappear into the distance while wingman checo wins the race for him, same as last year. This will keep happening until rbr don't renew checo, when he will start torpedoing max every race.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

CancerCakes posted:

Max is going to disappear into the distance while wingman checo wins the race for him, same as last year.

In fairness Bahrain is a circuit Max hasn’t won at, and both RBRs stopped because of engine melting in last year’s race. So. It could happen.

It’s the hope that kills you, though.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Glad the race is at 2am for me. I'll just sleep and watch the highlights package on YouTube at work in the morning.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Charles Leclerc posted:

Apparently you get a hard ban for asking why Naomi Schiff is on Sky's revolving roster of dogshit pundits.

Naomi's only problem is she's one of those interviewers who asks a question then for some reason keeps talking for 30 seconds.

eg

"Checo do you believe that incident was your fault?......because in 1994 a similar incident was judged to be the fault of the driver in front and that driver went on to win 3 races, also I was working in finance at the time and my mate Dave said that it had precedent in the following 9 decisions made in 1954.... oh sorry we're out of time back to you Ted".

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug

Custard Undies posted:

Glad the race is at 2am for me. I'll just sleep and watch the highlights package on YouTube at work in the morning.

I'm going to stay up and if Max is in front fall asleep in my chair shortly after they've done a dozen laps or a car retires, whatever comes first.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Custard Undies posted:

same here

F1 has killed Kayo for me with their YouTube practice/qualifying/race highlights videos

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

It's race day! :dance:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Custard Undies posted:

It’s starting at midnight for me, might watch the start but that’s likely to be it.

Might try to watch the whole replay if we get a Certified Classic, otherwise it’ll be highlights this time for me too.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Jon Carbuncle posted:

lol I’m smooth brained as hell

Welcome to the F1 thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Watched the F2 and F3 races / practice runs / whatever yesterday. Pretty fun, way more rowdy than F1. You can sense the drivers are younger and everyone wants to move to a higher Formula.