Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I managed to climb to 70 this morning, which equals last season for me. Last time it was Surfer and Zabu and this time it was move decks, C2 and Daredevil Control. The strongest card in any of my decks is Aero and Magneto. Shuri, Red Skull, Thanos and Galactus don't exist for me so I'm pretty happy with where I landed. Let's go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I don't pay against Galactus very often but it's fun when this happens

This was a fun one as well. He was really trying to work out how to play it with a late Killmonger but alas

Aramoro fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Mar 5, 2023

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Push El Burrito posted:

Hell yeah, she can't lose!

Lmao. That's awesome. Thanks for sharing.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

In fact I just really hate cards that have no counter play like Dracula and lockjaw with just text that does stuff regardless

Korg and Rockslide, sort of

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Snazzy Frocks posted:

In fact I just really hate cards that have no counter play like Dracula and lockjaw with just text that does stuff regardless

Dracula is countered plenty. All you have to do is gently caress with the opponent's hand. Moon Knight and Dr. Octopus are the first two examples that come to mind. Or flood their deck/board with poo poo so that they're drawing Rocks instead of Infinauts and can't offload their small cards.

DrOgreface posted:

People used to play T6 Maximus as a Drac counter too.

poo poo, yeah, forgot about that one.

And I know Iceman can legit wreck my Infinaut deck sometimes, throws off the whole tempo if he blasts the right card.

the_steve fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Mar 5, 2023

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps
People used to play T6 Maximus as a Drac counter too.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

goferchan posted:

Korg and Rockslide, sort of

And Maximus and potentially even Baron Mordo. And Iceman. Lots of small counters, just nothing concrete.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The only real issue with countering Dracula is how many of the counters are exclusive to Pool 3. Korg and Iceman are the only ones you'll have when you first enter Pool 3, and I'm still missing Rockslide, Doc Ock and Debrii.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Make Shuri cost 5 already.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

We need a card that 'steals' the buffs from a lane or a card. It could possibly kill Devil Dino, but Enchantress existing doesn't kill patriot. Also have Taskmaster take the value of the last card in its state at the time of placing Taskmaster. Right now Shuri->Skull->Taskmaster is 60 points on the board, no questions.

I know you can Aero->Shang Chi, but I'm not sure that building a deck to specifically counter a certain deck (or just build that loving deck yourself) in order not to get curb stomped for a day once you get your MMR up a little is the mark of a good card game.

I normally don't play collectable style card games, so this may be just how things are and just need to get used to it or move on. Seeing the same handful of cards game after game in a game that has hundreds of cards is wearing on me. Again, this could just be 'how things are' in the world of CCGs.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Ubersandwich posted:

We need a card that 'steals' the buffs from a lane or a card.

Rogue and Super Skrull?

Granted, Rogue is random, so if you have two Ongoings in the same lane, she may grab the wrong one.
And Skrull is what? Pool 4 now? So not everyone is gonna have him, and he doesn't steal effects, he just copies them all good or bad.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

the_steve posted:

Rogue and Super Skrull?

Granted, Rogue is random, so if you have two Ongoings in the same lane, she may grab the wrong one.
And Skrull is what? Pool 4 now? So not everyone is gonna have him, and he doesn't steal effects, he just copies them all good or bad.

I'm thinking more "Take the bonus power from one card and give to another". More of a way to gently caress with "On Reveal" bonuses after they have happened. Considering how much this game loves to have players' mess with each other's cards I imagine we'll see a card like that in the future.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

Pixel Hell Cow is in my shop, and lord help me, I'm tempted.

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

WaffleZombie posted:

Pixel Hell Cow is in my shop, and lord help me, I'm tempted.

I pulled pixel Hell Cow for free! Along with *checks notes* 32 other pixel variants. :confuoot:

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I would pay them money if I could never draw another pixel variant again.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

I want a card "On Reveal: Turn opponents cards into pixel variants"

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Chainclaw posted:

I want a card "On Reveal: Turn opponents cards into pixel variants"

:same:

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Walla posted:

And Maximus and potentially even Baron Mordo. And Iceman. Lots of small counters, just nothing concrete.

He'll still discard the infinaut though, with 5 cards in hand

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Bottom Liner posted:

Make Shuri cost 5 already.

Shuri costs 4 because bp costs 5 and they have to compliment reach other because wakanda forever was probably hot in marketing when those cards were developed

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Shuri costs 4 because bp costs 5 and they have to compliment reach other because wakanda forever was probably hot in marketing when those cards were developed

A 5 can be played on 6. Then you can play M'Baku too since he'll inevitably be in your hand instead of your deck where he might jump out and be useful. Now all your Wakanda Friends can play together!

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Ubersandwich posted:

We need a card that 'steals' the buffs from a lane or a card. It could possibly kill Devil Dino, but Enchantress existing doesn't kill patriot.

Shadow King resets opposing cards in the lane. It doesn't affect Ongoings, though.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Snazzy Frocks posted:

He'll still discard the infinaut though, with 5 cards in hand

Only when the opponent plays him. When I do he discards a 6 cost rock. :)

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
My gently caress you deck is fun.

Protect your Shuri/Skull/Taskmaster combo with two Armors? Would be a shame if someone hit you with Enchantress and then Shang Chi.

psychopomp
Jan 28, 2011

Push El Burrito posted:

My gently caress you deck is fun.

Protect your Shuri/Skull/Taskmaster combo with two Armors? Would be a shame if someone hit you with Enchantress and then Shang Chi.

I've learned that I enjoy control and disrupt decks the best. Maybe the win rate is lower than some kinda aggressive combo deck, but it's more fun to play and I feel smarter when I react to something the opponent is trying to do.

I just need to come up with, you know, a deck that does this *well*.

And remember to snap when I figure out what they're doing and have the cards to counter it.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

psychopomp posted:

I've learned that I enjoy control and disrupt decks the best. Maybe the win rate is lower than some kinda aggressive combo deck, but it's more fun to play and I feel smarter when I react to something the opponent is trying to do.

I just need to come up with, you know, a deck that does this *well*.

And remember to snap when I figure out what they're doing and have the cards to counter it.

2-3 tech cards minimum, learn what decks your opponents play and realize when you need priority and when you don't. Daredevil is probably the easiest to use because it gives you a big advantage on turn 5.

Control decks are my favorite too.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

It's why I'm saving up for Kang. I had a great control deck going with Daredevil where the idea was to win a lane and be tied or ahead on another, then drop Leader.

Then they nerfed Leader.

psychopomp
Jan 28, 2011

Walla posted:

2-3 tech cards minimum, learn what decks your opponents play and realize when you need priority and when you don't. Daredevil is probably the easiest to use because it gives you a big advantage on turn 5.

Control decks are my favorite too.

Current tech cards I'm running are scarlet witch, armor, shang chi, and enchantress. Tossing in Killmonger + nova as another tech + some points. Sentinels + Bishop + Mysterio for more points. Add to that Angela, Sera, Lizard for points and utility.

Maybe I'll swap out Angela and Lizard for Aero and Shuri? Or drop the Sentinals/Bishop/Mysterio for something else. Like the idea of Gambit but seems too random. Cosmo might work. Or some of the Goblins to eat up opponent slots. And if I can work Daredevil in, that'd be great.

So potentially:

Nova, Daredevil, Armor, Scarlet Witch, Green Goblin, Cosmo, Killmonger, Shuri, Shang Chi, Enchantress, Sera, Aero

I'm uncertain about Cosmo because I'd have difficulties targeting him other than on Wong/Lockjaw and I need slots for On Reveals myself. Maybe toss in a She-Hulk instead?

Any suggestions are welcome. I have all of S3 except for Maria Hill and Mojo. S4s are Attuma, BP, M'Baku, Shuri, and Surfer. S5 is Zabu.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Sandwolf posted:

If you play a Goblin on bar sinister I hope you get hit by a loving bus. It’s not even the troll, it’s just such a cool location that allows for cool interactions and wow ahaha you did it! You did some really loving lame bullshit that makes the game just miserable. Future Galactus players.

For like a week or 2 I was playing decks with viper in it, mainly because of all the green goblins I was encountering. So I liked to throw her into bar sinister when it shows up. Leaves you with 3 open spots, and the opponent only 1.

I was sick for most of the last week so I couldnt play much. But last night I hit my biggest accomplishment of the season by hitting rank 68. It only took me 90% of the season but I finally got past that stupid hurdle. I was far more happy and excited for that than I was a hour and a half later when I hit 70. Was hoping to maybe try and squeeze out a climb to 80 before the new season, but after a couple of big losses I decided I'd rather just park at 70.4 and not risk dropping back to the 60s.

My token shop has given me all the biggies in the last couple of days, Thanos, Kang, Galactus. I've not bothered to lock any of them in. By the time I have enough tokens to get any of them, they will be out of the meta most likely.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

DurosKlav posted:

My token shop has given me all the biggies in the last couple of days, Thanos, Kang, Galactus. I've not bothered to lock any of them in. By the time I have enough tokens to get any of them, they will be out of the meta most likely.

Worse, they’ll probably be nerfed before you get the chance

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
It's sad to me that my big fat boy ramp deck that's braindead to operate is performing better than my carefully curated control deck

E: please don't state out loud what you might infer from that

Snazzy Frocks fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Mar 6, 2023

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

psychopomp posted:

Current tech cards I'm running are scarlet witch, armor, shang chi, and enchantress. Tossing in Killmonger + nova as another tech + some points. Sentinels + Bishop + Mysterio for more points. Add to that Angela, Sera, Lizard for points and utility.

Maybe I'll swap out Angela and Lizard for Aero and Shuri? Or drop the Sentinals/Bishop/Mysterio for something else. Like the idea of Gambit but seems too random. Cosmo might work. Or some of the Goblins to eat up opponent slots. And if I can work Daredevil in, that'd be great.

So potentially:

Nova, Daredevil, Armor, Scarlet Witch, Green Goblin, Cosmo, Killmonger, Shuri, Shang Chi, Enchantress, Sera, Aero

I'm uncertain about Cosmo because I'd have difficulties targeting him other than on Wong/Lockjaw and I need slots for On Reveals myself. Maybe toss in a She-Hulk instead?

Any suggestions are welcome. I have all of S3 except for Maria Hill and Mojo. S4s are Attuma, BP, M'Baku, Shuri, and Surfer. S5 is Zabu.

So the list you posted is basically a Sera Miracle deck, but there's some weird stuff in there. Aero is kind of expensive for what that deck wants to do, and Shuri doesn't have any good targets. They could work I guess, but I struggle to see it. Also Daredevil is kind of useless with Sera since you almost always want to play her on 5 so it usually doesn't matter what your opponent is doing. Cards like Mysterio and Bishop are staples of that deck type because that's how you get your value on the board. Right now your best turn 6 is Aero, Scarlet Witch and Armor and that's just not a lot of points.

If you want to do a Sera deck, you want a lot of 2 cost cards with Angela and Bishop to anchor 2 lanes and maybe 1 of Killmonger/Cosmo/Maximus. The more 3 and 4 costs the weaker your turn 6, and it's hard to sub out Enchantress and Shang Chi.

A Daredevil list wants to control turn 5 to give you a strong turn 6. Things like Hobgoblin, Professor X and Gamora work well. Even Spiderman is good here.

A Sera deck wants to be able to react to and counter the opponent's turn 6, while a Daredevil deck wants to lock your opponent out of options going into turn 6. If that makes sense.

A very basic Sera deck:

# (1) Nova
# (2) Angela
# (2) Colossus
# (2) Scarlet Witch
# (2) Sentinel
# (2) Mysterio
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Bishop
# (3) Killmonger
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Enchantress
# (5) Sera
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTm92YSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW5nZWxhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTY2FybGV0V2l0Y2gifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxpemFyZCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTXlzdGVyaW8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkJpc2hvcCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiS2lsbG1vbmdlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2hhbmdDaGkifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkVuY2hhbnRyZXNzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTZXJhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDb2xvc3N1cyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2VudGluZWwifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

A basic Daredevil deck:

# (1) Sunspot
# (2) Daredevil
# (2) Armor
# (3) Storm
# (3) Cosmo
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Enchantress
# (4) Jessica Jones
# (5) Hobgoblin
# (5) Professor X
# (5) Gamora
# (6) Hulk
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Vuc3BvdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRGFyZWRldmlsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTdG9ybSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ29zbW8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFybW9yIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJKZXNzaWNhSm9uZXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNoYW5nQ2hpIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJFbmNoYW50cmVzcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiR2Ftb3JhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJQcm9mZXNzb3JYIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJIb2Jnb2JsaW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikh1bGsifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Obviously you can sub things in if you want, but it's important to understand why the card is in your deck in the first place. And these are literally basic as hell. I just made them for this post. Shuri could work in a Daredevil deck easily but she struggles in a Sera list which typically wants to play like a zoo deck with 2 drops.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

I've been messing around with a Discard/Lockjaw deck this afternoon and had a fun interaction. Turns out, playing Quake on Lemuria on turn 2 was a bad idea.

Oh, I also fed Leech to the Altar. Sacrifices had to be made.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

team overhead smash posted:

This deck has now got me to 91. Pretty sure I could reach infinite if I found it a few days earlier or had a less busy weekend.

I tried out this deck and I gained 10 ranks, from 40 to 50, since you reposted it yesterday. Most people concede on Leech turn 4. I've been getting a better handle when to Sandman, he draws a lot of concessions against decks if you get him out turn 4. Doom and Zola make a turn 5 or 6 Aero not really matter.

I was worried about running Electro, but there are a lot of locations that get rid of him. It feels real good to drop him on Oscorp Tower turn 3.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

The best name/title/avatar combo I've seen yet

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
Has the PC version always had Hulk's fist wrapping around from right to left like this? I only just noticed that now..

I'm playing with one of my monitors in vertical orientation, maybe that's it?

psychopomp
Jan 28, 2011

Walla posted:

Obviously you can sub things in if you want, but it's important to understand why the card is in your deck in the first place. And these are literally basic as hell. I just made them for this post. Shuri could work in a Daredevil deck easily but she struggles in a Sera list which typically wants to play like a zoo deck with 2 drops.

Makes sense. I'm trying to leverage my only real advantage - that I've got an almost complete set of S3 cards now - but I've been languishing in the 50s and 60s despite some lucky pulls.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
drat I wish I got a screenshot but I clicked through too quick. Just had a player Galactus/Hobgoblin/Death me.

Unfortunately, my Cable pulled his Knull.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Chainclaw posted:

I tried out this deck and I gained 10 ranks, from 40 to 50, since you reposted it yesterday. Most people concede on Leech turn 4. I've been getting a better handle when to Sandman, he draws a lot of concessions against decks if you get him out turn 4. Doom and Zola make a turn 5 or 6 Aero not really matter.

I was worried about running Electro, but there are a lot of locations that get rid of him. It feels real good to drop him on Oscorp Tower turn 3.

Glad it’s helped! I was having trouble this season until I put this together so thought I’d share.

I would say really don’t worry about even getting rid of Electro. Donating him via Oscorp is great because his ongoing can mess with the opponent’s plan, but otherwise he isn’t a hinderance under most circumstances because you’re relying on your big cards and by t4 should have little to no spare energy to play your two 1 cost cards anyway (Excepting Project Pegasus or anything that gives you a lot of energy to maybe play two big cards on one turn).

You’re relying on using him or Wave to be able to ideally play a 5-6-6 (Electro) or 6-5-6 (Wave) spread of cards on turns 4-6. If you manage to disable his ongoing then you can slot in Iceman or Sunspot on t6 too, but if you have to destroy destroy him to play Iceman then that is exactly the same power spread as if you just keep Electro on the board in the first place and if you play Sunspot it’s actually worse for you.

If you’re in a situation where you have lots of spare energy for one drops on turns 4-6 that’s a sign that you’ve been unlucky with your pulls because you haven’t got any of the big cards you need and should probably retreat.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

I don't have Shuri yet, but I pay a lot of Venom, so I'm curious about that interaction. Does Shuri double him before or after he eats? After is what I'm hoping, but before is what I'm assuming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
If it's anything like Iron Fist and Hulkbuster then she would buff him after he does his on reveal.