Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

that g ova there
Mar 1, 2023

by Hand Knit

Inspector Hound posted:

I've been obsessed with waterbeds since I was like 5, and it looks like I can slap one together for like $120 for a liner and mattress, not counting the frame. If I learn how to trade stocks or something there's a nice one for $15k

You really should learn how to trade stocks, g. It's secretly hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Sup, fellow autistic!

A water bed for an autistic kid is a playground and refuge from the world, wish my parents bought me one.

Well this is the strangest way I've been diagnosed with something since I realized cocaine didn't do the right thing to me

I'll figure out how to put a hundred bucks in my Robin hood account and see if the numbers start talking to me

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Jestery posted:

I'm similar, I hate it when people make weed a substitute for an identity

I think a lot of it has to do with marijuana and marijuana users being unfairly punished as criminals and looked down by others for decades over what is essentially a major boon to humanity, so people are going to feel resentful and overcompensate in trying to build an identity around marijuana.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I drank a weed drink a while ago and it made the ringing in my ears intolerably loud instead of its normal annoying background hum level. I always thought back when I smoked regularly that weed just did that in general and never questioned it but it turns out not everybody gets an awful ringing in their ears that you try to just ignore when you get high, on weed. So I think I will not do it any more, because of that problem, that I mentioned. It was a bummer because it was nice otherwise

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
I don't get a ringing in my ears but everytime I smoke weed I turn green and get huge.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

I think a lot of it has to do with marijuana and marijuana users being unfairly punished as criminals and looked down by others for decades over what is essentially a major boon to humanity, so people are going to feel resentful and overcompensate in trying to build an identity around marijuana.

Yeah it makes complete sense

Just I wish everyone felt comfortable enough in their own skin to not have to lean upon crutches , be it craft beer, tech bro idealism, politics or weed

Why can't everyone just get along

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

The "general studies" personality major

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Do you guys:

Twist the tip
Crimp it like a shotgun shell
Leave the cone open like a savage
Secret fourth option?

----------

In weed holiday news we hosed up. Our latest location in our island hopping trip is just too posh.

I'm 38 and the youngest husband here. All the men wear pink chinos to dinner and the staff are wound tight because they get bonuses on mentions in the reviews.

I think I'm gonna ask the manager which part of the island to avoid because I don't want people hassling me to buy weed and just make a beeline for there.

ReelBigLizard fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Mar 5, 2023

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Trimming the excess paper close (if needed) folding it over the tip, and then crimping around the edge to keep it loosely closed works the best for me. Usually the center is a little bit open, kind of like a camera shutter. It lights the most even and reliably that way, at least.
Twisting usually causes a canoe.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

ReelBigLizard posted:

Do you guys:

Twist the tip
Crimp it like a shotgun shell
Leave the cone open like a savage
Secret fourth option?

----------

In weed holiday news we hosed up. Our latest location in our island hopping trip is just too posh.

I'm 38 and the youngest husband here. All the men wear pink chinos to dinner and the staff are wound tight because they get bonuses on mentions in the reviews.

I think I'm gonna ask the manager which part of the island to avoid because I don't want people hassling me to buy weed and just make a beeline for there.

I twist and snip the tip to create a little air hole for the first drag.

Tip:
Use chat gpt to write over the top positive reviews for every worker you can.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
:aaa: I need that pattern

Leon Sumbitches posted:

I twist and snip the tip to create a little air hole for the first drag.

Tip:
Use chat gpt to write over the top positive reviews for every worker you can.

good shout but how do you even get a go on it? every time I looked its got like an 8 month queue

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

it gave me a massive problem with authority forever
it must be nice to live in a post anslinger world having never been effected by it
because the late 20th century was a hollow square lie
i feel glad for the youth

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Our chief of police is apparently incensed that our doctors have given medical licenses to nearly 1/9 of our population. His argument is that it's too easy to get, and that people are getting it to sell. Which uh, sure buddy.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Sounds like a problem that could be solved by legalizing cannabis federally and regulating it like any other flower

e that's not fair, some flowers are relatively strictly regulated. Cannabis should be regulated like tomatoes.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Not like blackcurrants, which I only recently realised were and still are extremely illegal in a chunk of the USA.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I was mostly thinking poppies and a few orchids

e ok for a minute I thought you found an illegal tomato

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Do you guys have any recommendations for insomnia? Mine has been out of control lately and regular meds (OTC and prescription) have been largely useless, so figure I might give weed a shot.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

ReelBigLizard posted:

Not like blackcurrants, which I only recently realised were and still are extremely illegal in a chunk of the USA.
was it because you watched this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF_aXsEor2s

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Medullah posted:

Do you guys have any recommendations for insomnia? Mine has been out of control lately and regular meds (OTC and prescription) have been largely useless, so figure I might give weed a shot.

Gummies come in pretty small doses, and I think most states they're fixed at 100MG for a pack. If you get one with 20 gummies that's only 5MG per. Get an indica strain, maybe mixed with some CBD.

There's a brand called Drops, and their "Heavy" gummies gave me one of the deepest sleeps I've had at a very stressful time.

Whatever you try, stick with indica.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Actually no but I'm adding that to my watch-n-weed-later list.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

that candy cutter is sick

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Medullah posted:

I would recommend nano-emulsified CBN or CBD drinks or powders.

CBN makes your muscles tired, CBD reduces anxiety. This is extremely dumbed down though

Anything nano-emulsified is going to be absorbed through your stomach lining, where every other type of edible using oil/fat as the carrier for THC takes longer because it has to make the trip to your liver, then your liver beats the gently caress out of it and sends it to your blood.

And if you can only get normal edibles that's fine. They will just take an hour to two hours to actually start having an effect, where a nano-emulsified drink or powder can be had 15 minutes beforehand

I would recommend starting at 20mg CBD or CBN or both.

Some edibles will have trace amounts of THC, if it's below 1% that's fine, they can't remove all of it during the process and some people encourage the entourage effect. If you're worried about getting stoned some people can be sensitive to the small amount of THC in CBD edibles so just pay attention to your body and record if you had an energy drink at 7pm to track if it's effective

Also for instantaneous effect you could find CBD or CBN vape cartridges, that would go straight to ur blud thru ur lungs. If you're fine with using carts this is pretty effective but hard to track the dose depending on how consistent your pulls are or whatever

good luck

forest spirit fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Mar 6, 2023

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I love sleep and often use edibles to enhance my sleep experience. The doctor who signed off on my med card recommended products with CBN for a good night's sleep. At the time, it wasn't readily available OTC unless as part of a broad-spectrum CBD preparation (or it was stupidly expensive as a CBN-only tincture).

If Kiva brand edibles are available by you, I swear by their Camino gummies in Midnight Blueberry. They contain 5 mg THC and 1 mg CBN, "relaxing terpenes" like those found in indica strains, and bonus chamomile and lavender extracts. My extremely low tolerance means a quarter gummy sends me to sleep; you might be the same way, so don't be afraid to start low. It's very cost-effective!

Kiva also makes a similar product in their Petra line of mints, Blackberry CBN, with 2 mg THC and 1 mg CBN. I haven't tried them yet, but their other THC-only mints are good.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

this black garlic weed I got is great, super fluffy and massive calyxis, but also when I grind it up it's like kief explosion, this is all from grinding one nug:

it's got a real mild lemony taste if you hit a kief bowl, but normally it's a real subdued mellow taste, dunno maybe it doesn't taste like much but it's still good you know?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

been seeing a lot of "garlic" related strain names lately at my local dispensary but havent tried any yet. is there a garlic element to the taste or is it called that for some other reason?

also i mentioned smoking missouri weed upthread but forgot to mention that they are taking a bit of a different tack than other states in that they are officially calling it Marijuana instead of Cannabis on warning labels and stuff and i find it amusing for some reason. got a big jar of Marijuana salve for my foot pain

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Mar 6, 2023

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

I have had GMO strains that do taste pretty earthy, pretty mushroomy, but I've never really noticed the garlic.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Earwicker posted:

been seeing a lot of "garlic" related strain names lately at my local dispensary but havent tried any yet. is there a garlic element to the taste or is it called that for some other reason?
In my limited experience, it has more to do with the smell than the taste. As odd as that seems to type.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

LifeSunDeath posted:

I have had GMO strains that do taste pretty earthy, pretty mushroomy, but I've never really noticed the garlic.

GMO strains smell like gasoline, in a good way

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Just had some stellar local weed in the Grenadines. It's looked like more of the bush weed I had last week but it got me and the wife staggeringly, euphorically high. Price was roughly $12US for a golf ball of weed. I should have known when the guy had to dig it out of the mason jar with a spoon.

Is holiday weed like holiday booze? Would it be as good if I had it at home?

Also why did no-one tell me to go swimming while high? That should have been the next suggestion after someone showed me how to roll.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I'm high on weed and shrooms at 5AM and I decided to make some custom IEM earplugs... After the foam stuff cured I realized I needed to make a hole through the material for the IEMs to pump sound into my head, turns out the inner tube of my Dynavap is the perfect diameter. It also turns out that it makes a perfect punch tool to carve holes into foam as well. Who would have thought?

Thank you Dynavap.

sigher fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Mar 7, 2023

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

sigher posted:

I'm high on weed and shrooms at 5AM and I decided to make some custom IEM earplugs... After the foam stuff cured I realized I needed to make a hole through the material for the IEMs to pump sound into my head, turns out the inner tube of my Dynavap is the perfect diameter. It also turns out that it makes a perfect punch tool to carve holes into foam as well. Who would have thought?

Thank you Dynavap.

I'm all about that "use ever part of the animal" lifestyle.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I subscribe to that Reduce, Reuse, Recycle poo poo. That sounds like a great Reuse to me

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Someone point me in the direction of their favorite Dynavap, I need to get one

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Jelly posted:

I'm a massive fan of the Vong, that it just slides into any glass piece is great

It doesn't have full compatibility with after market devices, however I don't find this to be an issue

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Jelly posted:

M variant is probably the best bang for buck.

Don't bother with the Omni, it's not worth the extra cost. I have one and it's nice, but you ain't getting higher and it's 3x the cost of an M and the oven is harder to use with water filter systems.

I haven't tried the B variant but the oven looks iffy and the plastic body puts me off because of the heat.

Get an FMJ. cheap upgrade that is basically indispensable once you use it.

I use an M with an adapter to use my orbs for water filtering.

Recommendation:

Get an M and a Simrell FMJ.

If you like it, consider a water filter and an induction heater. I recommend the ispire wand.

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Mar 8, 2023

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Love the dynavap, hate how it looks like I'm smoking crack.

Any recommendations for a induction heater that wont break the bank (sub 125-50)?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Any recommendations for a induction heater that wont break the bank (sub 125-50)?

Don't know of any in that price range. Apparently you can make them from basic eBay kits for pretty cheap, but that leans into the smoking crack image based on what I've seen. I chose to solve the problem with money.

Also you can buy upgraded stems and such if the basic dynavap looks too crack pipe, but again: money.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Leon Sumbitches posted:

ispire wand is the gold standard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Leon Sumbitches posted:

you've just given me a great idea