Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Gaius Marius posted:

Everyone was named after real criminals, Danny just happened to be named after himself.

Muppets Most Wanted did that, the Siberian prison is full of character actors as various ruffians and also Danny Trejo. Obvious joke but got a laugh out of me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Nightmare Cinema posted:

More like rest in cum considering he liked to think he could make a hooker squirt on his dick after one thrust.

So, still Rest In Piss then

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

duz posted:

Muppets Most Wanted did that, the Siberian prison is full of character actors as various ruffians and also Danny Trejo. Obvious joke but got a laugh out of me.

One of my favourite quotes: “I’m a triple threat! A singer, a dancer, a murderer!”

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/LaurenThoman/status/1631729182559600641?s=20

I'll be honest, when I first read The Princess Bride (after I'd seen the movie, I just found it randomly in a book shop) I too thought it was an actually abridged version of a real book. I was also 12.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Is "The Goy's Teeth" the best single scene in cinematic history?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Gripweed posted:

It’s good but it’s not the Dodgson scene in Jurassic Park

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Gripweed posted:

Not even close. Just off the top of my head, Mel Gibson's suicidal monologue to his dead wife in Lethal Weapon is one of the most powerful scenes ever committed to film. The Heat bank shootout. Any random scene from Night of the Hunter.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Gripweed posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4VHV5eq3rs this is

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

What are the best scenes in film?

The diner scene from Heat. The second running montage in Millennium Actress when she rediscovers herself and attempts to find the artist again. The end of L'eclisse when neither of them show up for the meeting and life carries along without either of them. The opening of Red Desert. Joaquin Phoenix driving off into the desert in The Master.

I'm actually having difficulty discerning between best scene, and things that are great, but more so because of a single great line or moment. I had Jessie admitting he was going to miss his plane in Before Sunset and the final moments of Chinatown, but that's less from the scene and more from a single mic drop line or action. Actually I'd count Chinatown because you get everything with the horn in the distance and the bad guy winning.

The end of the Third Man too.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Gripweed posted:

Albert Finney machine-gunning hoods to death while 'Danny Boy' blares in the background means it's not even the best Coen Bros scene in cinematic history

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

My understanding is that "The Flash enters the Speed Force" was voted the objectively greatest scene in movie history, so this conversation seems a bit of a waste of time.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Gaius Marius posted:

The diner scene from Heat. The second running montage in Millennium Actress when she rediscovers herself and attempts to find the artist again. The end of L'eclisse when neither of them show up for the meeting and life carries along without either of them. The opening of Red Desert. Joaquin Phoenix driving off into the desert in The Master.

I'm actually having difficulty discerning between best scene, and things that are great, but more so because of a single great line or moment. I had Jessie admitting he was going to miss his plane in Before Sunset and the final moments of Chinatown, but that's less from the scene and more from a single mic drop line or action. Actually I'd count Chinatown because you get everything with the horn in the distance and the bad guy winning.

The end of the Third Man too.

The diner scene from Heat is indeed excellent.

I can pick any number of scenes from The Wrestler, as Randy realizes what a gently caress-up he is.

Loath as I am to suggest something by Singer with Spacey, that last sequence of The Usual Suspects, when Agent Kujan realizes everything, is absolutely iconic.

Michael Corleone's confession in The Godfather, Part III. ("Your sins are terrible. It is just that you suffer.")

Anything in The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Dr. Loomis' monologue in Halloween.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
The exchange between Bill and the Priest and the subsequent battle scene in Gangs of New York.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Everytime DDL is on screen in Gangs

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODvy7deiMx0

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Gaius Marius posted:

Everytime DDL is on screen

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
“I drink your milkshake”

Seconding Usual Suspects.

So many Tarantino scenes would qualify, just thinking of Pulp Fiction, there is the diner scene, the gold watch scene, the wolf, et cetera.

The courtroom scene from the man who wasn’t there with Freddie Reidenschneider.

T2 has some amazing scenes.

The ending of Paddington 2.

There are so many to pick!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
The bookends of Conan - The Barbarian: The village raid, and Conan loving Doom's poo poo up in the Battle of the Mounds.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
“Charlie don’t surf”

The girls making pancakes in Petit Maman

“It’s not your fault” from Good Will Hunting (the cafe scene where he shows up the obnoxious student is also terrific)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

therattle posted:

“Charlie don’t surf”

The girls making pancakes in Petit Maman

“It’s not your fault” from Good Will Hunting (the cafe scene where he shows up the obnoxious student is also terrific)

"You like apples?"

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Gaius Marius posted:

The train journey in Spirited Away.

The final shot of The Long Good Friday.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Stallone and Sandra Bullock having virtual sex in Demolition Man

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

I don’t care if the cop Al Pacino’s character is based on swears it happened, the diner scene from Heat is dumb.

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure
Imo,

The murder in Double Indemnity

The conversation on the boat in Jaws

The ending of The Talented Mr. Ripley

E: oh yeah and the ending monologue in Aguirre.

smug n stuff fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Mar 6, 2023

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Here’s a compilation of the best scenes in cinema:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FswhQmILLU

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Skwirl posted:

"You like apples?"

Exactly!

Also, the trip back from Mexico in Sicario is terrific. Such a great film.

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

The interview with the psychologist in The 400 Blows.

The end of Beau Travail is also a great scene.

Meaty Ore fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Mar 6, 2023

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

The huge battle at the end of The Good The Bad The Weird (2008)

The last scene of Thirst (2009)

The Ferris wheel from The Third Man (1949)

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

favorite scene in cinema:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOpcdJ_V5_M

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Gaius Marius posted:

Chingachgook and Daniel Day Lewis loving up all those Hurons at the end of The Last of the Mohicans.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

They don't make em like they used to

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Gaius Marius posted:

The T-Rex breaking out in Jurassic Park is one of the most well constricted setpieces ever made.

The reveal of Shelly Winters in the water in The Night of the Hunter.

The part where the guy's chest opens up in The Thing.

The coke dealer robbery in Boogie Nights.

"I threw that poo poo before I walked in the room!" in Black Dynamite.

Edit: yeah also the laughing scene in Evil Dead 2, really everything from Ash's hand turning on him through to that moment is incredible.

Flying Zamboni fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Mar 6, 2023

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'd like to nominate something from Sorcerer, but choosing just one is difficult so let's just go with the bridge scene.

Also, the confrontation between Avatar and Blackwolf from Wizards.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKKFSqaI9Vo

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
This is #1 actually
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcs2En6tGRw&t=66s

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Gripweed posted:

Not even the best scene in a Coen Brothers movie; for my money, that would be Marge’s monologue to Peter Stormare.

This isn’t the scene where Christian Bale re-racks two pump-action shotguns by thrusting them at the ground???

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
Dex's Diner in Star Wars Episode 2: Attack of the Clones may be the pinnacle of human achievement.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUGCQXLq9wk

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Funeral monologue in Synecdoche
Marge’s monologue in Fargo as mentioned by X-Ray Pecs
Diner scene and Club Silencio in Mulholland Drive
Crazy 88 fight in Kill Bill
Faye Wong sneaking into the apartment montage in Chungking Express
That scene in Julien Donkey-Boy where he recites a repetitive poem and Herzog’s character starts going on about Dirty Harry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
The part where there’s a kung-fu fight with a guy in a gorilla suit in The Battle Wizard.