Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
fwiw bust rodd got banned (thank u god) so the op hasnt been updated for a while but if a switch goon ever needs a power level or someone to run bounties or conquests add me as a friend

4852-5119-6019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

RodShaft posted:

Also you only need 3 pieces of the thing on switch to make the staff of herding. My son got his then mine in like a half hour.

A few sites say this is Switch only, on PC you need all 5. Is that wrong? I’ve been farming Chiltara longer than I would like too, and if there’s a shortcut….

I should read better, you said exactly that. Back to farming then.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.
Two quick questions:

--I need to clear GR60 in order to carry the 1100 blood shards I need for the first blood shard sacrifice at the Altar, right?

--I just did a GR where there was like a blue haze all over the screen. I thought it was some graphical error at first, but the game ran fine. not sure anything was really different about the GR other than there were a lot of guys and more pylons on one level than, I think, is normal. What was that?

gariig
Dec 31, 2004
Beaten into submission by my fiance
Pillbug

McCoy Pauley posted:

Two quick questions:

--I need to clear GR60 in order to carry the 1100 blood shards I need for the first blood shard sacrifice at the Altar, right?
Yes but on console you can't pick up shards unless you have room. Which means you'll need 63 so you can gamble shards to get over 1100 in your inventory to sacrifice. The other possible way is getting shards from a blood goblin but an extra three grs is probably easier.

McCoy Pauley posted:

--I just did a GR where there was like a blue haze all over the screen. I thought it was some graphical error at first, but the game ran fine. not sure anything was really different about the GR other than there were a lot of guys and more pylons on one level than, I think, is normal. What was that?
That's Orek's Dream which gives only better map tiles and monster choices

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
Finally cleared a solo GR150 for the first time thanks to this overpowered season theme and meteors :toot:

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

McCoy Pauley posted:

Two quick questions:

You get 500 to start and then for each GR you clear it adds 10 to your capacity. So for 1100, it'd be 60, yes.
code:
GR	Blood Shard Capacity	Notes
0	500			
60	1100			Seal 9
80	1300			Seal 13
90	1400			Seal 17
100	1500			Seal 22
110	1600			Seal 26

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

iamsosmrt posted:

DH GoD can pretty easily get to the point of comfortably clearing GR90s in about 90 seconds without OP gear, it might take a little bit of practice and optimizing though to at least get somewhere near that. Paragon can be in the low hundreds (which doesn't take long after doing grifts), though I'd say the main thing is getting an ancient hand bow and a decent quiver.

If you're playing on console, that might be a difference, but I have never tried it myself.

I was just playing the Inventory mini game and clearing out some duplicate set peices from complete sets, and it looks like GoD is definitely my weakest ATM, ironically. Lowest number of ancient peices, and some not great rolls. I've rerolled a lot of bad stats, and actually ended up with about 20% more CD than I need so actually need to roll some off or try to reroll a few things. Still only on about 18k toughness which is not ideal, but picked up a fair bit of HA damage so I should be able to clear a bit more next time I actually play.

I've got an ancient Quiver, but waiting for a second Dawn to drop so I can cube it. Shouldn't take too long.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Grifter posted:

You get 500 to start and then for each GR you clear it adds 10 to your capacity. So for 1100, it'd be 60, yes.
code:
0	500			
60	1100			Seal 9
80	1300			Seal 13
90	1400			Seal 17
100	1500			Seal 22
110	1600			Seal 26

important note: only rifts you clear solo count towards this

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

gariig posted:

That's Orek's Dream which gives only better map tiles and monster choices

Thanks.

Yeah, I guess the GR said Orek's Dream. That's pretty cool -- how often do those show up?

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

Grifter posted:

code:
0	500			
60	1100			Seal 9
80	1300			Seal 13
90	1400			Seal 17
100	1500			Seal 22
110	1600			Seal 26

I stalled at gr105 with my ww rend Barb. It hurts bad seeing the finish line but continually failing to cross it

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
I’m GETTING that GR 150 this season, even if I have to ditch my Monk, Crusader, and Witch Doctor and just do that Tal Rasha Wizard. I think 139 is the closest I’ve ever got.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM

McCoy Pauley posted:

Thanks.

Yeah, I guess the GR said Orek's Dream. That's pretty cool -- how often do those show up?

Somewhere in the 1/100 to 1/400 range.

chird
Sep 26, 2004

DARPA posted:

I stalled at gr105 with my ww rend Barb. It hurts bad seeing the finish line but continually failing to cross it

I'm at the same point atm with frenzy barb, gr100 is relatively easy, 105 is near instadeath. My gear is still pretty rubbish though so there's room to expand. Thinking of leveling and gearing a wizard for faster farming while improving both frenzy and wwrend sets. I also stalled on the nightmares at 111 so far, need 125 for the altar, got everything else.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Been stuck on the altar at 125 whisper of atonement. I got a few while building my set, but only got as high as 124 with those :(.

Then I went for over 50 GRs (levels 90-110) without another one. Finally one dropped, and I got the 127.

Then I had to run a few GRs to get blood shards....and THREE in a row dropped.

RNG is a fickle mistress. Maybe a fourth would drop next, but I finished my altar and the season journey, so I don't know if I'll log back in, heh.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
GR135 and still no ancient puzzle ring. Next primal ancient gets melted down and turned into a primal puzzle ring so I can finish this dumb Altar :argh:

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

You can also just keep reforging a reg puzzle ring in the cube till it turns ancient.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Avalerion posted:

You can also just keep reforging a reg puzzle ring in the cube till it turns ancient.

I've probably blown 4000 forgotten souls + other mats doing that. Also spent 50,000 blood shards at the slot machine

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

Propaganda Hour posted:

I've probably blown 4000 forgotten souls + other mats doing that. Also spent 50,000 blood shards at the slot machine
I'm in the same club, although it sounds like you've gone even deeper than I have. I'm at 105 GR and have completed a 125 Whisper of Atonement. I rerolled a ring 12X and got nothin'. I've spent every blood shard I've seen on rings for quite a while and I'm not even sure I've gotten a puzzle ring from Kadala, let along an ancient one. At least I'm building paragon doing this?

chird
Sep 26, 2004

Just in case, according to youtube comments, when rerolling a puzzle ring it needs to have dropped at lvl70 for it to have the potential to go ancient in the cube.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

fwiw bust rodd got banned (thank u god) so the op hasnt been updated for a while but if a switch goon ever needs a power level or someone to run bounties or conquests add me as a friend

4852-5119-6019

Oh lordy what did he do?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
2post2horny

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Field Mousepad posted:

Oh lordy what did he do?

Wrong question to ask.

YorexTheMad
Apr 16, 2007
OBAMA IS A FALSE MESSIAH

ABANDON ALL HOPE
I've been trying the spin-to-win Tempest Rush build that is on Maxroll (ice and lightning variants) but it's failing at the "win" part. I think something's not clicking because I have all the main pieces (except the cubed daibo and the Ring of the Zodiac) but I'm capped at Torment 12. Anything above that and I don't do strong enough damage and I die to anything touching me. Sweeping Wind is always up and I'm using Epiphany and Serenity when available but no luck. Am I missing some trick to make this work? Or are the two missing pieces just that important?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Yeah, the 600% damage and 100% crit is pretty huge.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

YorexTheMad posted:

I've been trying the spin-to-win Tempest Rush build that is on Maxroll (ice and lightning variants) but it's failing at the "win" part. I think something's not clicking because I have all the main pieces (except the cubed daibo and the Ring of the Zodiac) but I'm capped at Torment 12. Anything above that and I don't do strong enough damage and I die to anything touching me. Sweeping Wind is always up and I'm using Epiphany and Serenity when available but no luck. Am I missing some trick to make this work? Or are the two missing pieces just that important?

I've noticed that builds that use Epiphany want it up 100% of the time, and Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac + cooldown reduction on every piece that can have it is pretty mandatory as I found out when trying to do a Legacy of Dreams Wave of Light build. The cubed weapon is also going to be a lot of your damage. Its a 600% increase!

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Yeah the daibo is really needed; upgrade rares at the cube if you have the mats and you should be able to get it fairly quick.

I just put this build together over the weekend and I'm doing GR90 already, though I'm running Unity instead of bothering with Epiphany (I'm also using the +10 stacks of Sweeping Wind weapon for extra gotta go fast)

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

To thank my son for getting me the staff of herding I took his switch to work today and got him both the scream and the gift that he needed to finish his altar. I also threw together one of those speed meter builds on his account because he's insane and was using a different button for every single element attack. My old brain can't handle that.

I don't know why RNGesus decided to give me both the things he needed in under a dozen rifts when he's done hundreds and not gotten them, but here we are.

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

RodShaft posted:

To thank my son for getting me the staff of herding I took his switch to work today and got him both the scream and the gift that he needed to finish his altar. I also threw together one of those speed meter builds on his account because he's insane and was using a different button for every single element attack. My old brain can't handle that.

I don't know why RNGesus decided to give me both the things he needed in under a dozen rifts when he's done hundreds and not gotten them, but here we are.

:3: owns

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

am i bad or is the new na challenge rift (tal rasha) super hard just because of how squishy and non mobile it is? cant just escape floor effects easily and i die a lot and even when i dont die it seems like theres not a huge amount of mob density to nuke to get comfortably in the green

it feels weird to ask this about a set ive been playing for a while but are the elemental set resistances seperate from the regular tal stacks? i could probably try harder to keep all four damage types up but im finding the rune that gives meteor all your arcane power super annoying to manage resources with and the rotation is unnatural to me after the build im playing

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

RodShaft posted:

Diablo III: Bringing families closer.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

When he got home from school, I asked to see his switch and I said I wanted to test a build he had the pieces for that I didn't, then I made it look like the first guy I killed dropped both. :3:

He knew something was up.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
D3 bringing families together hell yeah :(:3:

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
I just need Staff of Herding and a few more Ancients then I'm going for G150.

Which set, beyond Tal Rasha, is most fun/easy to do that in? I'm not feeling the meteors with all the lag.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Tals isn’t that bad for soloing, just pause the game for a moment if you feel things start to lag. Beyond that, Blood Nova Necro.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

am i bad or is the new na challenge rift (tal rasha) super hard just because of how squishy and non mobile it is? cant just escape floor effects easily and i die a lot and even when i dont die it seems like theres not a huge amount of mob density to nuke to get comfortably in the green

it feels weird to ask this about a set ive been playing for a while but are the elemental set resistances seperate from the regular tal stacks? i could probably try harder to keep all four damage types up but im finding the rune that gives meteor all your arcane power super annoying to manage resources with and the rotation is unnatural to me after the build im playing

It's such a bad CR. Yellow boots, no teleport, Electrocute, and as someone in chat pointed out, the Flavor Of Time doesn't have the Pylons effect on it.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

chird posted:

Just in case, according to youtube comments, when rerolling a puzzle ring it needs to have dropped at lvl70 for it to have the potential to go ancient in the cube.
I carefully separated all the non-70 rings I had and burned them all on Greed's Domain before I started my quest to get the ancient ring. I definitely didn't want to waste all those mats. 25 rolls later, I got my ancient.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Looks like the game's down for the night. If you're in a game, don't leave. There's no diablo 3 twitter anymore, the reddit is the only source of information about anything anymore, and there aren't any blizzard people there so nobody knows what broke or if this was scheduled.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

A Moose posted:

Looks like the game's down for the night. If you're in a game, don't leave. There's no diablo 3 twitter anymore, the reddit is the only source of information about anything anymore, and there aren't any blizzard people there so nobody knows what broke or if this was scheduled.

There's still the Blizzard Forums. They know the game is down, and are working to fix it.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

is the droprate on the gibbering gemstone abysmal or do i have the worst luck in the world cause ive been doing this for 2 hours now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

is the droprate on the gibbering gemstone abysmal or do i have the worst luck in the world cause ive been doing this for 2 hours now

Yes (It's both)