Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Oh, right, I misunderstood.

I thought he was talking about the crew that searches for Joel after they’ve already abducted Ellie. But he’s probably talking about the group that stabs Joel in the first place.

My bad!

OldSenileGuy fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Mar 7, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
i just watched Rome season 1

it was really good!

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

OldSenileGuy posted:

Oh, right, I misunderstood.

I thought he was talking about the crew that searches for Joel after they’ve already abducted Ellie. But he’s probably talking about the group that stabs Joel in the first place.

My bad!

Yup!

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

roomtone posted:

i just watched Rome season 1

it was really good!

I've heard so much good stuff about Rome, but I've never watched a single frame of it. I really should change that one of these days, before HBO Max decides to yeet it into oblivion.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
haha sorry for bringing up BB again, but cracking up at this episode with this The Knife song playing while Jesse fails to cope with everything for a bit. Cracking up because they lead into it with cop wife stealing a spoon since that's her dark side coping mechanism. just the difference in gravity lol

edit: Hahah Skyler's face when Walt's hubris makes him actively get Hank to reconsider the heisenberg case he was ready to write off as Gale.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Mar 7, 2023

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Timby posted:

I've heard so much good stuff about Rome, but I've never watched a single frame of it. I really should change that one of these days, before HBO Max decides to yeet it into oblivion.

THIRTEEN!

No but really, it's good. It's really awful and depressing, but I've seen you in the Law and Order threads, you don't mind.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Trailers for some cool stuff:

new Boots Riley: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYfpWY330mM

final trailer for Donglover's Swam: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDHxie2QcJI

not actually that cool, but this is what the Russo Brothers have put together to sell their new production company / Amazon's latest big attempt at cornering the international television market, DAD TV Citadel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0JG6V-12ac

"you must remember the past to save the future" :rolleyes:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Rappaport posted:

THIRTEEN!

No but really, it's good. It's really awful and depressing, but I've seen you in the Law and Order threads, you don't mind.

I'm 38, divorced and experienced two incredibly painful breakups in the past ... nine months. Awful and depressing is my jam. :v:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Rome has a lot of humor as well. I mean the intro has graffiti dicks all over the place.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

bull3964 posted:

Hopefully the finale is well over an hour though to give the last chapter of the story enough impact. I'm hoping that one of the reasons why we haven't seen Joel go all John McClane so far is that they are saving it all up for the finale and didn't want to dilute it.

I'm seeing info indicating the season finale is 43 minutes long unfortunately.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Rome is one my my top five tv shows of all time, watch Rome.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I was skeptical about the new History of the World part 2 show on Hulu, but it’s pretty funny. I couldn’t stop laughing at jackrasp.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
I look forward to devouring Citadel like the empty calorie slop it is.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Interested in seeing if citadel puts more thought into the time thing than tenet did.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Also, the 2nd episode of the new Party Down was even better than the 1st. Truly amazing that it picks right up where it left off.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

ruddiger posted:

I was skeptical about the new History of the World part 2 show on Hulu, but it’s pretty funny. I couldn’t stop laughing at jackrasp.

I watched the original last night, I had seen a lot of it through clips and osmosis but it was great all together! Amazing cast too, which the new show matched.

I was also skeptical of the new show, and the weird preamble / intro to the show didn't help but I loved the first episode. I stopped there to not burn through it immediately but think the rest will be likewise funny. I did laugh at Brooks getting his younger face CG'd because I had looked up his age watching the original last night surprised how old he looked even back then lol.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Holy crap the Johnny Karate episode of Parks and Rec. Very sad lm almost out of episodes but man that was something.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I really wanted to get into Party Down, since it has a lot of actors I like, but the first two episodes just didn’t do it for me, neither did the original show.

Citadel mostly looks like a generic action show.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Citadel looks like an elaborate tax write off or something for Amazon. Actually it looks like every single thing the Russo brothers do post Marvel.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

STAC Goat posted:

Holy crap the Johnny Karate episode of Parks and Rec. Very sad lm almost out of episodes but man that was something.

It's amazing. I especially love how, after Ben gets knighted with Andy, he keeps looking at himself as if he might have super powers now.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Khanstant posted:

I watched the original last night, I had seen a lot of it through clips and osmosis but it was great all together! Amazing cast too, which the new show matched.

I was also skeptical of the new show, and the weird preamble / intro to the show didn't help but I loved the first episode. I stopped there to not burn through it immediately but think the rest will be likewise funny. I did laugh at Brooks getting his younger face CG'd because I had looked up his age watching the original last night surprised how old he looked even back then lol.

I remember liking it as a kid, but found it a slog when my friend wanted us to watch it again a few years ago.

Didn’t have much expectation for the show despite the reviews being generally positive and liking plenty of the cast, but eh it’s kinda as expected. Trying to blend humor that’s outdated for a reason with modern references is light amusement at best, no big laughs. Just feels like stuff I’ve seen a thousand times before.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh ripped through Cunk on Earth in a day this week, absolutely hilarious. The many respected men and women of British letters and science appear to have been coached to react to her questions as if they were asked by a particularly dim child.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/consequence/status/1633151715166810133

:bisonyes:

I love this stupid show

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Oh wow, I kinda assumed he was done given how he’s more of a known quantity now.

Most of these guests have to know what they’re getting into at this point, right?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Oh wow, I kinda assumed he was done given how he’s more of a known quantity now.

Most of these guests have to know what they’re getting into at this point, right?

I don't really watch it, but based on osmosis I feel like even while Buress was still part of it people were increasingly in on the joke, Lance Reddick being the standout example.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Arist posted:

I don't really watch it, but based on osmosis I feel like even while Buress was still part of it people were increasingly in on the joke, Lance Reddick being the standout example.

Lance Reddick was part of the show in those episodes, he wasn’t being interviewed. I’m talking more about when they come on as guests expecting a normal talk show and then bizarre poo poo happens that they don’t expect.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I think the quintessential example is Jack Black, where you'd think he could hang but you just watch him get more and more and more uncomfortable.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I saw a clip the other day of Raymond Cruz just chuckling when Eric's desk gave birth, so maybe he knew what he was in for.

Don't they have like, a fake show name to trick publicists or something?

demostars
Apr 8, 2020
I think my favorite Eric Andre interview isn't from the show, but when Nardwuar interviewed him for his video vault and he just goes nuts because he can't get Nardwuar to break: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG9JbqcC-i8

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

demostars posted:

I think my favorite Eric Andre interview isn't from the show, but when Nardwuar interviewed him for his video vault and he just goes nuts because he can't get Nardwuar to break: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG9JbqcC-i8

Nice try, but you're not tricking me into watching 15 minutes of that man talk.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I'm surprised Eric Andre's doing a season 6 since at the time I remember him saying the fifth season would be his last one. Was going to say that I bet they gave him a ton of money to do a new season, but that doesn't seem like the modus operandi of the current WBD leadership.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Chairman Capone posted:

I'm surprised Eric Andre's doing a season 6 since at the time I remember him saying the fifth season would be his last one. Was going to say that I bet they gave him a ton of money to do a new season, but that doesn't seem like the modus operandi of the current WBD leadership.

Eric Andre always struck me as someone who does whatever he thinks is fun. He probably just decided he wanted to do it again, and whatever he said in season 5 is irrelevant to him.

How he convinced WBD to do it, in their current mind frame, is the bigger question to me. I don't care how cheap it is, WBD seems allergic to any new content right now. And old content, come to think of it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/MuseZack/status/1633177512028307457

I thought the whole point of Zaslav Thought was to avoid paying residuals

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Eric Andre interviewed Kirsten Ritter and still managed to freak her out when they had already worked together on Don't Trust the B.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Berenthal confirmed to be back for MCU Daredevil. Good.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

:dance: Rico Nasty's a lil weirdo, looking forward to that one.

theflyingexecutive posted:

Nice try, but you're not tricking me into watching 15 minutes of that man talk.

You take that back, Nardwuar is an utter treasure. :colbert:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW7Ld5iwRnQ
Teaser for Barry's 4th and confirmed final season, premiering April 16th.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Barry badboy goes to the big house

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Was not expecting it so soon, hell yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Oops