Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
i don't mind pizza pockets every now and then

except for scorching the poo poo out of my mouth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Oh hell yeah is it weird promo time?

Other than the Mr T Grenades. WoW has had Warbot pets that you could fill with Red or Blue Mt Dew that would battle the opposing colour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRwNr9gp1jo
You had to keep buying Mt Dew to top the robot up with fuel to battle.

They also had Azeroth Choppers, which was done at the tail end of the American Choppers hype. Had a whole bunch of eps, and then the winning bike was giving away to players for free
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amMFuMoJObc
The Horde Bike ended up winning, and was given out, but due to legal issues it can no longer be obtained
The Alliance version you had to pay for, and you can still obtain it if you like.

Post weird promos/collabs ITT

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

kirbysuperstar posted:

i don't mind pizza pockets every now and then

except for scorching the poo poo out of my mouth

deep fry them if u can its a fukkin game changer

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Infinitum posted:

Post weird promos/collabs ITT

https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/1150223494770302976

Mostly not especially weird, just kinda neat

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I think I’ll try making my own pizza pocket. It’s just a handheld calzone how hard can it be

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Relax Or DIE posted:

i had multiple friends trying to get me to eat more totinos party pizzas because you got codes for either gears of war 4 or 5

i ordered grubhub during geoff keighley's game awards to get a /pizza emote in ff14

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/1395393967403982849?lang=en
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuL-07N18Jg

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

i ordered grubhub during geoff keighley's game awards to get a /pizza emote in ff14

Everquest 2 had a /pizza command that would allow you to order Pizza Hut ingame

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

the main advantage of hot pockets is that if you want some kind of dough with a filling inside, it's hard to beat them for availability. i have never seen a chain grocery store so small that it doesn't have hot pockets, and as bad as they are, they are still better than like 50% of frozen foods

but, with just a little forethought and the magic of premade puff pastry, you can make sausage rolls all on your own...

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Wait is that "Moe" or "Moe (japanese)"

rox
Sep 7, 2016

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Wait is that "Moe" or "Moe (japanese)"

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Pizza Pockets being the only American remnant of the savory pies common to Europe is bizarre. You'd really think a meat pie would appeal to American sensibilities. Although the potential reintroduction of it seems to have been fully kneecapped by the spread of Tex/Mexican food.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The best part is that illustration ended up being foreshadowing for Endwalker

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

i also did this but never got my loving emote. i just got scammed.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Kerrzhe posted:

i also did this but never got my loving emote. i just got scammed.

owned lmao

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

It was very weird how they only had "limited amounts" of the emote codes...

Also I would have expected them to put it up in the cash shop by now at least

Edit: upon looking it up i didn't find anything about it but i did see a lot of reddit posts about how grubhub is their enemy for life

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Maybe if a meat pie was a full cheeseburger just kind of somehow baked into the bun? I feel like Naan is the bread with most room to grow. Top tier bread but basically only can order it at Indian food restaurants, when really you could make burritos or wraps or other stuff tortillas and bread do. Annoyed the goodnaam I know of in town is like 5 bucks for 1 circle.

Lol Wo Long having 2 easy bosses right after the initial one.at least fighting the Princess Mononoke boar was fun, but easy. Get the feeling maybe you get to fight multiples of it later, same with monkey?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Bitches in this thread what never had a chicken pot pie smdh.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I was more referring to the possibility of proliferation of portable pies, not the tasty but table bound tarts. Turkey pot pies are highly GOATed in its ability to transmit Thanksgiving leftovers from your fridge into your stomach.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

everyone's doing ffxiv crossover promos

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Gaius Marius posted:

I was more referring to the possibility of proliferation of portable pies, not the tasty but table bound tarts. Turkey pot pies are highly GOATed in its ability to transmit Thanksgiving leftovers from your fridge into your stomach.

I understand now. Carry on.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

My favourite part of any pie or tart is the crust. Idk how sicko that is

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
every pie needs a good crust. otherwise it's a cobbler

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Poptart with slimjim filling inside

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

catgirlgenius posted:

the main advantage of hot pockets is that if you want some kind of dough with a filling inside, it's hard to beat them for availability. i have never seen a chain grocery store so small that it doesn't have hot pockets, and as bad as they are, they are still better than like 50% of frozen foods

but, with just a little forethought and the magic of premade puff pastry, you can make sausage rolls all on your own...

Hi yeah there's a bunch of decent frozen food these days, the eating well brand is good and healthy choice has the steamers. Decent macros, usually sub 400 calories. The salt is usually on the higher side but could be worse - see anything hungry man.

There are also some decent flavors of stuff especially with Indian food, some quinoa bowls stuff...it's changed a lot in the past decade!

I do nutrition counseling* occasionally and am decently familiar with these because a fair amount of patients, particularly geriatric folks who are either somewhat disabled or widowers, just either can't or won't cook. So you gotta work with what's available.

*I am a dietitian at a hospital

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Can't believe I made an idiot effortpost about frozen food of all the drat things right before bed. Skill issue.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I think it needs 500 words minimum to count as an effortpost :(

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

I think it needs 500 words minimum to count as an effortpost :(

Like I said, skill issue

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Always spend the most effort on the things people care about the least.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Literally the one and only time we ordered grubhub was because my darling spouse wanted a FFXIV emote. They got the emote, but the whole thing was a debacle

https://gamerant.com/final-fantasy-14-grubhub-pizza-emote-code/

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I feel like writing an effortpost but am unsure on what. Maybe weapon proficiency mechanics in different d&d crpgs? Idk if that has all that much juice to squeeze now that I think about it

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

i convinced my best friend to marathon a horror game with me next time we hang out and i'm dazzled by choice... should i introduce a mostly non-gamer to Resident Evil? that seems like the safest bet. maybe the RE2 remake for the visual flair, hmm

External Organs posted:

Hi yeah there's a bunch of decent frozen food these days,

my stove is currently mostly out of commission (gently caress glass tops) so this is actually pretty heartening, taking notes

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

RE2 Remake would genuinely be a great choice, it's one of the best modern survival horrors and requires zero knowledge of the series as a whole

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

catgirlgenius posted:

i convinced my best friend to marathon a horror game with me next time we hang out and i'm dazzled by choice... should i introduce a mostly non-gamer to Resident Evil? that seems like the safest bet. maybe the RE2 remake for the visual flair, hmm

my stove is currently mostly out of commission (gently caress glass tops) so this is actually pretty heartening, taking notes

Peret em Heru

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Vermain posted:

is OPM even a hot property these days? i thought they put out one more underbaked season of the anime a couple years back and then left it out in the sun

The manga got boring when it went from a joke manga to having these really dull serious plots where monsters invade Earth or poo poo like that that boil down to "can we delay until Saitama gets here and resolves this plot".

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Mob Psycho is goated

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

catgirlgenius posted:

glass tops are a goddamn scam and a half, selling you special cleaning products and cookware and poo poo so your pots don't spin around like a gyroscope

here's an idea: how about a hot coil of iron that you put a pan on and cook your food with instead of this silicon hogwash

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Vermain posted:

glass tops are a goddamn scam and a half, selling you special cleaning products and cookware and poo poo so your pots don't spin around like a gyroscope

here's an idea: how about a hot coil of iron that you put a pan on and cook your food with instead of this silicon hogwash

https://twitter.com/RobZacny/status/1521986099853524994

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012