Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Chamale posted:

Also, why do some of my Pokémon have their moves blanked out while others don't? These guys lost all of their moves:

Zangoose with Swords Dance and Last Resort.
Ursaring with Facade, Brick Break, Protect, and Faint Attack.
Houndoom with Dark Pulse, Flamethrower, Sunny Day, and Solarbeam.

Home tends to not display moves/abilities/stats for monsters that aren't usable in certain games. For example, all the listed monsters aren't usable in Sword and Shield, and for some reason that's the default setting when you're just moving stuff within Home itself.

They still have those specific attacks when in BDSP. However I assume that once SV opens up in bank, they'll be reverted to what the Pokemon should have at that level in the wild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro
So what’s the deal with this whole situation?

https://kotaku.com/pokemon-scarlet-violet-save-wipe-go-dlc-1850193690

I haven’t linked to Pokemon Go, but I did purchase the DLC… Kinda wondering if I just shouldn’t play at all until a patch comes out?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Panic Restaurant posted:

I haven’t linked to Pokemon Go, but I did purchase the DLC… Kinda wondering if I just shouldn’t play at all until a patch comes out?

Someone in the comments does note that the fact one guy's specifically only lost shinies, and a few other examples of how it works and that it's only hit a conspicuously small part of the community (nobody here has reported this, for example) suggests this might just be corrupting hacked saves.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
The article saying 'A lucky few didn't encounter either issue' made me chuckle. Surely that 'lucky few' is almost everyone.

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward
I've been trying to trade starters and exclusives in Sword/Shield to complete my dex but I can't seem to find anyone who uses the link trades. I use the established 4-digit link codes, duplicated. Is the game just dead or are there any tricks for getting it to work? I am connected to the internet.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
you can send postcards in scavio? where do you get them, what do they do?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

indigi posted:

you can send postcards in scavio? where do you get them, what do they do?

You get them in Pokémon Go and can add them to ScarVio. When you do they temporarily change all Vivillon in the game to match the postcard's location.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

oh. Meh

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

It gives you a handful of coins too (50?) in SV and then lets you catch roaming form gimmighoul in go as well

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

KRILLIN IN THE NAME posted:

It gives you a handful of coins too (50?) in SV and then lets you catch roaming form gimmighoul in go as well

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Entenzahn posted:

I've been trying to trade starters and exclusives in Sword/Shield to complete my dex but I can't seem to find anyone who uses the link trades. I use the established 4-digit link codes, duplicated. Is the game just dead or are there any tricks for getting it to work? I am connected to the internet.

I'm not sure if the game itself is dead but I'd expect those dex-completion link trades became obsolete once Home came along and reintroduced the GTS. That'd be the place to go (if you've got a subscription).

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

you can do GTS trades in Home with your first box of Pokémon

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Panic Restaurant posted:

Literally never heard of this and have bought the DLC same as you. Played the game a little bit today and didn't notice anything was wrong but I could check again.

edit: Does the save corrupt immediately after purchasing the DLC or is it a lingering possible issue? I spent some time breeding up premier balls zoruas after I got it and didn't notice any problems.

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Mar 7, 2023

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward

Muscle Tracer posted:

I'm not sure if the game itself is dead but I'd expect those dex-completion link trades became obsolete once Home came along and reintroduced the GTS. That'd be the place to go (if you've got a subscription).

Thanks, that's a solid hint. Even without trying the GTS I have already gotten the other starters just from linking the game. Could have saved myself some time there :D

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

if you’re looking for guys in Sword and Shield some of us can probably help too; I use my Switch every night to do Animal Crossing dailies (lol) and check my Porto Marinada auctions and it would be trivial to catch or hatch something if anyone needed it

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

PSA: the event Hisuian Zoroark knows Happy Hour, a move that doubles your earning. This stacks with Amulet Coin, so you can get about 50k from each battle in the Academy Tournament. I have found that a fully-optimized build's Shadow Ball one shots just about everything, and Tera Blast is actually a surprisingly good normal-type move for those few normals (Sawsbuck, Oranguru) and darks (Mabosstiff) in the tourney. If scared, tera Fairy. That is all.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Muscle Tracer posted:

PSA: the event Hisuian Zoroark knows Happy Hour, a move that doubles your earning. This stacks with Amulet Coin, so you can get about 50k from each battle in the Academy Tournament. I have found that a fully-optimized build's Shadow Ball one shots just about everything, and Tera Blast is actually a surprisingly good normal-type move for those few normals (Sawsbuck, Oranguru) and darks (Mabosstiff) in the tourney. If scared, tera Fairy. That is all.

thank you :)

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

if you’re looking for guys in Sword and Shield some of us can probably help too; I use my Switch every night to do Animal Crossing dailies (lol) and check my Porto Marinada auctions and it would be trivial to catch or hatch something if anyone needed it

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Shiny Tatsugiri! The red one, so now it's completely white like a spooky little ghost. Adorable. I have named her Alba.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I sort of like how each of the shiny forms for Tatsugiri now resemble different kinds of sushi. Curly form goes from a prawn to a something dipped in soy sauce, Droopy goes from being tuna to being squid, and Stretchy goes from being egg to being sashimi.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Oh my god Pokemon Center UK has the Don plushies and they're *adorable*. And it's payday tomorrow. This is dangerous. I don't *need* a 27 inch-long robot dragon, but I *want* one.

They also have Lechonk keychains.

e: the spring Togepi plush is in a LITTLE BASKET with EGGS

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

has anyone made a "how come he don't want me man" meme of Arven yelling at the player character

if not light the PKMN Trainer Red signal

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

PKMN Trainer Red fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Mar 8, 2023

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
:five::japan:

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

well that was quick.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

I'm just sitting on top of this loving mountain waiting for some little rear end in a top hat with a Totodile to come get absolutely hosed by my Pikachu.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Hahaha excellent

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Hey figured someone ITT might appreciate a Steam key for a monster taming game - I have a duplicate for Monster Crown.
4JirachiCyndaquilQwilfish5-TropiusPikachuFurret0Ambipom-LitwickNoctowlJolteon9Goomy

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

I'm just sitting on top of this loving mountain waiting for some little rear end in a top hat with a Totodile to come get absolutely hosed by my Pikachu.

Can't believe someone found a way to doxx my Pokemon Gold save file. But there it is.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

HopperUK posted:

Hey figured someone ITT might appreciate a Steam key for a monster taming game - I have a duplicate for Monster Crown.
4JirachiCyndaquilQwilfish5-TropiusPikachuFurret0Ambipom-LitwickNoctowlJolteon9Goomy

I used this, thank you! Very excited to play for my spring break.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Dienes posted:

I used this, thank you! Very excited to play for my spring break.

You're welcome! Let me know what you think.

My current favourite of the Pokemonalikes is Coromon. I really like the existence of a 1/35 chance 'potent' mon that has a different colour scheme. Though I don't really love the idea of colour being tied to stats; I kinda prefer how Pokemon does it these days, when shininess does not denote effectiveness, but you can make any given Pokemon battle-worthy if you want.

Only tried Nexomon briefly and couldn't work out how to nickname my mons which is a dealbreaker, though I think they do have that now and I probably just missed it.

Temtem doesn't appeal at all.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Has anyone been playing Emerald Rogue? i just started this last week and it's been fun, though I think i had some massive beginner's luck because I won my first run and haven't come close since. my most recent failure was on Gym 4, where a Tough Trainer the spot before took out my one steel type and then I bumped into Sabrina with a team half-weak to Psychic and the others just not too great in general (even the Kyurem i caught just beforehand lol)

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Countblanc posted:

Has anyone been playing Emerald Rogue? i just started this last week and it's been fun, though I think i had some massive beginner's luck because I won my first run and haven't come close since. my most recent failure was on Gym 4, where a Tough Trainer the spot before took out my one steel type and then I bumped into Sabrina with a team half-weak to Psychic and the others just not too great in general (even the Kyurem i caught just beforehand lol)

I've played a few runs. Seems to be very difficult. Overall I enjoy it less than the roguelike feel of doing a Nuzlocke.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

HopperUK posted:

I hadn't heard of that one! How is it?

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I was about to come in here and complain that Iron Leaves was kicking my rear end. 4 tries and it kept murdering my support Grimmsnarl and everyone else.

Then I have a round where someone with a Chi Yu spends 2 turns setting up, and kills it with one hit. Thank you, random pubby

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Chamale posted:

I've played a few runs. Seems to be very difficult. Overall I enjoy it less than the roguelike feel of doing a Nuzlocke.

it's definitely difficult though the game gives you ample meta-progression if you like that sort of thing, and you can adjust the difficulty to Easy if you want something a bit easier.

for me its less the difficulty (though i do enjoy that part) and more the pace. i love that a full run takes like 3-4 hours instead of a nuzlocke which obviously is just playing a full rear end RPG. if anything i think Emerald Rogue could have a bit of fat trimmed from the runs still, some of the longer routes are a pretty big pain to navigate.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Framboise posted:

I hadn't heard of that one! How is it?

Barely touched it to be honest! I plan to take a run at it soon so I'll let you know.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Gazing upon his fallen brethren no doubt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Future cannibal