Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

steinrokkan posted:

I think there's certain charm to jumping blind from page 1 ("lol, a Garfield restaurant? How wacky!") to page 300 something ("cleanse this bitch of an earth of sex havers! God's prophet Nathfield commands it!")
As someone who onboarded this thread in this exact manner I can vouch for this. It's an incredible mindfuck of a journey and I wish I could have that level of entergagement for the first time all over again. I envy all newcomers to the madness who get to experience this.

Honestly this little thread packs so much content and joyful/horrifying moments of discovery that a reboot wouldn't. It would be like the Robocop remake, at best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

david_a posted:

How does he make a video of some backpacks creepy

because a failson with no practical videography knowledge can't do any better?

speaking of creepy, here's Nathan's worst nightmare: his stuffed Garf gaining sentience and coming after him:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I'm sorry Nath

that g ova there
Mar 1, 2023

by Hand Knit
I thought there was gonna be a new thread

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

steinrokkan posted:

I think there's certain charm to jumping blind from page 1 ("lol, a Garfield restaurant? How wacky!") to page 300 something ("cleanse this bitch of an earth of sex havers! God's prophet Nathfield commands it!")

Ok this thread stays open based on this alone

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Iggy's Promotion is now just Nathen wandering around malls.

https://twitter.com/Egeezapp/status/1633013190270283776

https://twitter.com/Egeezapp/status/1633014151994830848

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I like to imagine it's e-jeeze

like awwww jeeeeeeze

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Don’t those shops basically illustrate the complete lack of necessity for E-Geez?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

all Egeez are run by Gil Gunderson from Simpsons

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Am I the only one who gets a sinking feeling in the pit of their stomach every time there are a bunch of new posts in this thread?

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Scientastic posted:

Don’t those shops basically illustrate the complete lack of necessity for E-Geez?

Yes and it still blows my mind that Nathen thinks there's a market for middlemen like him

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

hes a failson who lives off daddys moneys, he can’t imagine much else than ‘people give him money for some reason’

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Imagine travelling the world to visit different licensed branded product stores

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
1) that first store that’s 95% Funko Pops should be burned to the ground
2) the number of patrons in these stores is exactly equivalent to the number of people excited for Egeez (just Nathen)

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica
the dubai mall of emerates is a crazy place. it's like the ur-mall

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

what a fuckin' creep

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I presume what he is doing is saying "it would be great if you could experience the sheer perfection of an officially-licensed store in Dubai from the comfort of your own home in Toronto, specifically! But since you are too poor to go to Dubai, there is Eggo or whatever"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dr. Quarex posted:

I presume what he is doing is saying "it would be great if you could experience the sheer perfection of an officially-licensed store in Dubai from the comfort of your own home in Toronto, specifically! But since you are too poor to go to Dubai, there is Eggo or whatever"

I love that these stores aren't even that interesting. When I was a kid some camping store had an old jeep in one of their windows. This just has shelves and a cheap looking chair.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
GarfieldEATS didn’t even have a chair!

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I love that he thinks "Oh geeze!" is a great catchphrase.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
"oh geez - iggies!"

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

From a couple of pages back (it's hard to keep up with all the entergagement lately!) but anyway...

that g ova there posted:

Hopefully he sees my posts. I actually have several things in common with Nathan, such as going to the same school as him. I'm also fascinated by the business world and think Garfield is one cool cat!

Notice me Nathan....

If you're serious, and you want to kiss him and maybe marry him, unless you have a head like a robber's dog I bet he'd be very interested.

From what I've gleaned from his public posts, he was actively gay for years, then turned ostenstibly celibate (maybe having attended too many orgies or had excessive disappointing casual sex experiences), and is now interested in potential partners irrelevant of gender. But there are few or no "applicants".

I won't encourage you outright to reach out and touch the poop but :lol:

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

pseudanonymous posted:

This has been going on for 4 years, and there are many important moments on that journey that new thread comers might like to see linked...

How would people feel about a new thread with an op that documents the many important milestones with links to posts and garfield media?

I am not in any way suggesting closing the thread, rather, much like Nathen is doing about every 72 hours, it might serve to be reinvented.

NO WAY!!! We don't want this amazing historically important thread buried in obscurity, or to end up in the Doobious situation of having dozens of Nathen threads and new ones getting gassed on the reg.

I suggest that instead you write the timeline and post it here in a regular new post. Then whenever a Nathen-noOB asks for an explanation of his antics, you can reply with a link to that post.

And if OP is contactable and didn't plum give out or die of excessive entergagement yet, you could ask them to include your list/index in their first post.

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Mar 9, 2023

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Frank Frank posted:

Not sure if that’s the joke but he’s trying to:

A: Establish Nathfield as a “totally unique from a copyright perspective” ersatz Garfield

B: Re-open Nathfield Eats

Neither of these things will happen because Nathen is delusional but this is what he’s trying to do. It’s even plot point in the last podcast episode.*

* I really wanted to put “plot point” and “podcast” in air quotes as well but I feel like it’s too much at this point

It'd be funny (and rather tragic) if he did open Nathfield Eats then got shut down a few months later by the DMCAmonster.

What food and drink items would he sell? One might be, "NathJuice... only Nathfield can cleanse this bitch of an earth, but this will cleanse your colon!" Orange, of couse, maybe with added prune juice.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

did anyone say Ejizz

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

BigBadSteve posted:

It'd be funny (and rather tragic) if he did open Nathfield Eats then got shut down a few months later by the DMCAmonster.

What food and drink items would he sell? One might be, "NathJuice... only Nathfield can cleanse this bitch of an earth, but this will cleanse your colon!" Orange, of couse, maybe with added prune juice.

Re-re-rebranded frozen lasagnas of course. Also just large hunks of cheese if the podcast is a good indicator.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Feeling nostalgic, I went back to the first five pages of this thread and collected the important posts. Come, relive these memories with me. If anyone ever wants to edit them into the op or some other page summarizing the beginning of this incredible saga. If there's interest, I will do the rest of the thread.

Sometime in summer (?) 2018, GarfieldEATS opens in Toronto. March 15 2019, The thread begins.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

https://garfieldeats.com/

Finally, a way to get Entergaged, because a background song, a wav file of I guess a Garfield catchphrase, and a youtube video all start playing simultaneously.

This entire website and product is hilarious as hell, please visit it if you want to die.

Jim Davis will really let lease his IP out for any amount of money for any reason, won't he

https://twitter.com/GarfieldEATSapp/status/1096444373053722625

It's a rabbit hole into capitalist insanity. And it's totally real.

https://www.instagram.com/nathenmazri/ This guy is the CEO or whatever.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtGtFfFhLQk/

Captain Beans posted:

lol this guy’s instagram is off the chain

I had forgotten that Nathen's nuttier side was foreshadowed very early in the saga:

A side character we see rarely:

Icochet posted:

What the gently caress is going on

Captain Beans posted:

He’s from Dubai I think?? It makes a lot of sense in the way he comes across as an alien attempting to act like a successful human businessman. Except in his case he’s trying to mimic a western capitalism tech/young CEO after google translating all his source material.

Or the Fatal Farm guys are back with their end game Garfield poo poo.

sandwiches_and_ham posted:

I counted six pepperoni slices on the entire pizza and as a co-worker bit into a slice, she said, “I’m not sure if I ate the pizza or the box. The crust was really cardboardy and the pepperoni didn’t taste real.”

https://www.thestar.com/life/2019/06/07/we-tried-the-pizza-and-lasagna-at-new-garfield-themed-restaurant-and-heres-what-happened.html

Pastry of the Year posted:

"GarfieldEATS is betting on people opening the app over and over to play games and watch the 1990s Garfield and Friends TV show, ordering food as part of the experience."

Mordja posted:

It's an orange storefront with comic strips in the window.

Picture from here as is this quote:

Also, I don't think anyone's posted the video of Jim Davis looking like death and reading a script he's seeing for the first time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5Pmh5vrzwM

Finally, on page 5, someone does some actual research:

goodog posted:

So I tried figuring out where the gently caress the money for this came from. The answer is an amazing failson story. Nathen Mazri's dad is an investment banker called Hayssam El-Masri. He manages multi-billion projects that look like this.

Masri senior also runs a capital firm focused on the food and beverage industry, and a company that manages Canadian food franchises in the Gulf states. Nathen Mazri used to work for his dad's company, along with his brother Mohamed. He also ran a marketing company in Saudi Arabia, sponsored by fellow failson Shiekh Fahad Abunayyan. Here's Nathen giving a very confusing presentation to Saudi prince Mohammed bin Saud Al Kabeer.

But Nathen is not just a businessman, he's a Renaissance Man. In true failson fashion, he's also a UCB graduate, a failed director and actor, and an author published under a vanity label. This is the sole production of Mazri Pictures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRvo9kpZLX8

His "self-help memoir" is something else.

MAZRI'S 10 LAWS TO CONVERT FROM Feeling species into Thinking species

Nathen Mazri has become like a prisoner for injustice, like a soldier fighting for his life, and like a survivor thriving out of the kingdom for his freedom. All Nathen wanted was to feel alive.

Nathen, a young Arab-Canadian man is leaving Laval in the French province of Quebec with his family to settle in a soon to be discovered a tyrannical kingdom of Arabia in the middle of the desert sinking his soul in monotony, an unspoken epidemic, and defeated by suppression for over 12 years of his life lingering with broken dreams, Scoliosis, sexual identity crisis, bipolar disease, and the struggle to claim true elusive love.

So Garfield Eats is either being bankrolled by his oil investor dad, or is being funded directly by some other Gulf failson with his own index fund. Meanwhile his Chad brother Mohamed still works directly for his dad, while creating his own oil-based crypto which the Saudis are probably going to use to fund terrorism or something.

goodog posted:

Nathen did an incredible interview with The Globe and Mail, which explains why the gently caress he chose Garfield. The whole interview is insanity.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/business/article-canadian-entrepreneur-behind-garfieldeats-wants-to-disrupt-fast-food/

quote:

Goupons – like the company Groupon, or Garfield-branded coupons?

Like “coupon,” but I just used G because of Garfield. I’m all branded. How did I connect to Garfield? It’s really destiny. My mother used to bring me Garfield comic books. She used to hide them behind her back, and whenever I’d get an A or A+ – maybe a B+ – she used to come and surprise me with them. My first language was French, so I learned English with comic books.

And there’s relevance – Garfield does eat pizza, lasagna, coffee, spaghetti. It makes perfect sense. I’ve done my research in order to infuse the same brand values with it. So it’s not Garfield “themed” – it is created with the intention of building a GarfieldEATS empire or chain.

... It took me about a year to [perfect the recipes with a chef in London]. We hopefully will be known for our GarfieldEATS “secret sauce.” It is orange-y. So orangey. No artificial colours. No preservatives. Tomatoes, when you blend them, they become orangey.

quote:

A lot of these plans deal with popular tech buzzwords. If people see them together and wonder how realistic that is, what is your response?

Come check it out. I haven’t even started. Look at our boxes – our pizza boxes all have perforated lines, so that our pizza boxes become pizza plates. We call it our “re-box” program. Our lasagna boxes become tissue boxes – the top part is perforated like a Kleenex box. I haven’t even started. We want to enter into robotic kitchens. We want to be able to do mass production. We want to invest in artificial intelligence.

This is the mysterious other guy on the website, who is probably scamming him.

quote:

You list Pascal Haider of Austria on your website as a partner – is he your only investor?

We both finance it, but he’s my co-founding partner. We’re equal. [Reached by phone, Mr. Haider confirmed the two were the company’s main investors, but declined to say how much each has invested.] He came with me, and met with Jim Davis, and I just feel – everyone asks me if I’m excited. I’m actually nervous because I feel a huge responsibility for this cartoon. And if I screw it up, I feel like it could be jeopardy for the entire business, the entire legendary ecosystem of Garfield and the 400 licensees of Jim Davis. So I have a huge responsibility: the pizza must be delicious. And you know that our pizzas are Garfield shaped?

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

I actually passed by it last night but it was late and closing soon so I didn't get a chance to order anything.

I might be back in the area today. If so I'll at least try and grab a Garfaccino.

dokmo fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Mar 9, 2023

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

dokmo posted:

Feeling nostalgic, I went back to the first five pages of this thread and collected the important posts. Come, relive these memories with me. If anyone every wants to edit them into the op or some other page summarizing the beginning of this incredible saga. If there's interest, I will do the rest of the thread.

Jim Davis will really let lease his IP out for any amount of money for any reason, won't he

https://twitter.com/GarfieldEATSapp/status/1096444373053722625

why did you post a screencap from the Eric Andre show

that g ova there
Mar 1, 2023

by Hand Knit

BigBadSteve posted:

I won't encourage you outright to reach out and touch the poop but :lol:

Oh, I have resisted touching poop for a very long time

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
If you were worried Garfield Mazri might be dead they have posted what purports to be proof of life.

https://twitter.com/GarfieldEATSco/status/1632600571470381057

However it also includes a more troubling idea but at least no one will be lining up to bother this cat.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
That cat has Seen poo poo

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
that cat no longer needs eyes to see

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
hang in there baby

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
determined or not, that cat is long entergaged

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

Thanks for the trip down memory lane :allears:

dokmo posted:

A side character we see rarely:

but wait somehow I missed this detail. Haider? Turns out the guy is Austrian. There really is an Austrian involved in every scam. True to form this guy is now shilling metaverse and web3 bullshit lmao. Nathen has the best business partners

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

chadbear posted:

but wait somehow I missed this detail. Haider? Turns out the guy is Austrian. There really is an Austrian involved in every scam. True to form this guy is now shilling metaverse and web3 bullshit lmao. Nathen has the best business partners

Nathen hates that guy now and at least partially blames him for the failure of GarfieldEats

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
GarfieldEATS failure blame appropriation:
- Nickelodeon: 90%
- Haider: 10%
- Nathen: 0%

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Y'all forgetting the landmonster

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

Y'all forgetting the landmonster

I could never forget the landmonster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

chadbear posted:

Never trust a guy who fuked the cat