Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.
Is there any DH build where I would wear a Convention of Elements? I had a primal one drop, which in normal times I'd be excited for, but so far as I can tell it's not of much use to me with the GoD, UE, or Impale builds I am trying or am likely to try. I suppose I'll just put it towards Altar unlocks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

The new Nats seems to use convention.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

if i get a good ancient or primal, is there any easy way to check "do any builds use this"? Just so I don't scrap anything I might want to use later.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Icyveins has a page for that I think, but idk how accurate it is, since icyveins builds sometimes make perplexing gear choices. Or maybe they just used to, I haven't used them for a few years.

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004
I feel like I hit a brick wall. Cleared GR131 with my GoD DH but not even coming close to 132 and can't figure out what to do to add that much more damage.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

TheJadedOne posted:

I feel like I hit a brick wall. Cleared GR131 with my GoD DH but not even coming close to 132 and can't figure out what to do to add that much more damage.

That's just short of my own limit. The answer is more paragon and more damage, or switch to Marauder if you want to stick with a demon hunter.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I am trying to get the simulacrum amulet but so far I have gotten over 5 squirt's necklaces.

Also like a total idiot I didn't know I needed several different sets for the altar and got rid of my rathma pieces because I was getting too many and barely any of the trag set.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Switched to a Guardian setup for my Enchantress and now Eirena is tanking GR150s like a champ.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

Star Man posted:

That's just short of my own limit. The answer is more paragon and more damage, or switch to Marauder if you want to stick with a demon hunter.

Has Marauder been improved this season? I thought UE was the go to DH build for pushing grifts at this point.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

McCoy Pauley posted:

Has Marauder been improved this season? I thought UE was the go to DH build for pushing grifts at this point.

Correction: 150 clears for Natalya's are finally trickling in and overtaking Marauder.

Star Man fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Mar 9, 2023

YorexTheMad
Apr 16, 2007
OBAMA IS A FALSE MESSIAH

ABANDON ALL HOPE

Wuxi posted:

If you're using PoJ:
Tempest Rush snap-shots its damage apparently, so if you run in with no/1 Sweeping Wind stack you will do low damage even after building up stacks unless you stop channeling for a moment. After the first pack you probably have your stacks build up and they don't fall off again, so it only happens on the first pack

Oh my God this explains so much.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

I tried switching to guardians and auguilds on my comet wizard, him I'm too used to being invincible with this guy.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

AlphaKeny1 posted:

Also like a total idiot I didn't know I needed several different sets for the altar and got rid of my rathma pieces because I was getting too many and barely any of the trag set.

I got boned here as well. I burned all my extra sets to finish the Forgotten Soul step and then bam, needed to re-farm several.

keep it down up there! fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Mar 9, 2023

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
There's actually some nice synergy between the 6 different sets at GR55 conquest and the pages for the altar. I have the pages waiting for me if I can ever get a Gamecube to drop.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Star Man posted:

Correction: 150 clears for Natalya's are finally trickling in and overtaking Marauder.

But have they counted all the GR clears from Fulton County.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
There is some kind of exploit with Nat's set and Fan of Knives that lets you one-shot anything in the game, bunch of insane 150s popping up. Definitely didn't need a second round of PTR after the rework, everything's juuuust fiiiiine.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

McCoy Pauley posted:

Is there any DH build where I would wear a Convention of Elements? I had a primal one drop, which in normal times I'd be excited for, but so far as I can tell it's not of much use to me with the GoD, UE, or Impale builds I am trying or am likely to try. I suppose I'll just put it towards Altar unlocks.

GoD Hungering Arrow can benefit from it (cold damage) if you're tanky enough without Guardians/Aughilds, but it usually has to go in the cube so I don't think it's going to help you here.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Swilo posted:

There is some kind of exploit with Nat's set and Fan of Knives that lets you one-shot anything in the game, bunch of insane 150s popping up. Definitely didn't need a second round of PTR after the rework, everything's juuuust fiiiiine.

Those accounts ate a hasty ban.

I'm stupid, don't listen to me.

Star Man fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Mar 10, 2023

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM
Nope, same thing happened as when there was the GoD exploit in s25. They rushed a sloppy banwave for bots yesterday, people are still actively exploiting the Nat bug right now and will probably not be banned for it if Blizzard handles this like s25.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

FFT posted:

Why would you ever stop to Cyclone Strike? Do you not have Won Khim Lau?

Also use Stricken instead of Molten to grind elites to dust.

The only things you should be "stopping" for are Blinding Flash to trigger Cesar's Memento and Epiphany if you're in a tight spot

/e: Also if you set blinding flash to a key instead of M1 like I did for a while like an idiot you never have to stop being a blender at all.

Oh I mean I did the whole stopping to Cyclone Strike because I was experimenting with ways to figure out the initial low damage issue and casting Cyclone Strike manually seemed to be a fix. The reason I had it instead of Blinding Flash is so I could set it to the freezing variant and have it autocast a freeze.

I guess I could remove Molten. Sorta worried about my survivability though.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

What?? No, you want Cyclone Strike on the Implosion rune to bring everything into the damage and also crowding them all together so when you hit Blinding Flash and/or if going the freezing Tempest Rush + CoE timing route, you can obliterate the whole clump

Personally I go electric Tempest Rush because then it and Cyclone Strike and Sweeping Wind all have the same massive area of effect, but I'm struggling past GR115 because it's not as effective as paying attention (CoE frost TR method)

stringless fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Mar 10, 2023

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Finally did it, cleared GR110, finished the altar, finished season journey, beat the game.

but I cleared GR 110 with like 6 minutes to spare, so I could probably do 112... Need to get some augments. Also, is it weird for my WoL monk to have under 400k hp? I have so many good ancient pieces that didn't roll vitality, but like, I need SOME. Is it worth just augmenting vitality on to a piece to make up for it?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
This season sounds really fun. I've been wanting to hold back on any Diablo until 4 comes out (which might not be a good game, but thats besides the point).

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

A Moose posted:

Finally did it, cleared GR110, finished the altar, finished season journey, beat the game.

but I cleared GR 110 with like 6 minutes to spare, so I could probably do 112... Need to get some augments. Also, is it weird for my WoL monk to have under 400k hp? I have so many good ancient pieces that didn't roll vitality, but like, I need SOME. Is it worth just augmenting vitality on to a piece to make up for it?

Any reason why you wouldn't just slap some on via Paragon until you pick up a couple new pieces with it? Seems better than throwing a ~lvl 100 gem down a hole.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Don Dongington posted:

Any reason why you wouldn't just slap some on via Paragon until you pick up a couple new pieces with it? Seems better than throwing a ~lvl 100 gem down a hole.

I don't think I'll be upgrading my gear for a while unless I get a primal piece that has better offense AND vitality, and I have like 10 screams. Though, does it matter where the stats come from? Is there any reason I can't just get all my vit from paragon and augments?

Also by burning a whisper of atonement, that will guarantee a better piece drops :v:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Paragon is the most convenient since you can just adjust your stats at will, although it’s easy to be really greedy this season because you already get so much survivability from the altar upgrades.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
I don't think so unless you're using something like Guardians which has a multiplier based on gear stats. Just seems like Paragon is a much quicker way to grab some extra vit vs levelling legendary gems and farming stat gems etc. Also reversible if it turns out you don't really need it.

Most of the advice I've read is to just grab a bit extra from Paragon if you're feeling you need it.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

What is a good HP number to shoot for? I haven't felt squishy yet in rifts, between the shoulders that give damage reduction for Cyclone Strike, a Unity, Epiphany - Desert Storm, and dodge from a passive and dashing strike and the mantra.

However, I was doing a bounty and got 1-shotted by a pool in the act 5 swamp because I didn't have all that stuff up, which is what made me notice my HP total.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
It's a floating number and it is defined as the absolute smallest number you can get away with because you're shunting everything in to mainstat.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

A Moose posted:

What is a good HP number to shoot for? I haven't felt squishy yet in rifts, between the shoulders that give damage reduction for Cyclone Strike, a Unity, Epiphany - Desert Storm, and dodge from a passive and dashing strike and the mantra.

However, I was doing a bounty and got 1-shotted by a pool in the act 5 swamp because I didn't have all that stuff up, which is what made me notice my HP total.

It really depends on your class and build. Some want raw HP (like Shield wizards) some want more defensive stats. Toughness is kinda nebulous but for higher GRs (135+) I end up in the 500m+ range, with some builds going into the billions (this is with the full build running with buffs).

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Bounties are ironically sometimes more difficult to survive than GRs as a lot of builds rely on having high mob density to keep their defensive buffs active.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Those builds (really any that can keep their damage up) should be using the gold -> armor and speed items for bounties and rifts. You zoom through and are effectively unkillable.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

Bounties are ironically sometimes more difficult to survive than GRs as a lot of builds rely on having high mob density to keep their defensive buffs active.

It's probably why I've regularly seen pubbies dying in split bounties.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I can't do bounties on anything except Aether Walker Tal-Rasha wizard. Its just too slow and painful. I will make a wizard and farm that setup just for bounties. Just effortlessly flying through maps basically indefinitely. No dependence on hitting anything to keep going, perfect for crossing wide open spaces. Nothing handles bounties better except maybe some DH builds

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
PoJ tempest rush is pretty easy as well; on my bounty setup for that alt I added the belt that makes sweeping wind automatically gain stacks (e: also using the +10 max stacks weapon) to keep max gotta go fast at all times

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

I do calamity teleport wizard with InGeom for speed. With calamity and explosive blast you never stop moving, just zoom by and drop comets once you’re off screen. When you see an elite pack cast a single meteor then teleport on them to collect the orbs and keep going.

I can’t figure out what the teleport mechanics are though, sometimes they cast in rapid succession while holding the button, sometimes there’s a half second between being able to cast it again even with 0 cooldown. I assume it’s server lag.

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001
Mundunugu WD bounty build owns, in public bounty groups I usually finish an act before anyone else is done with 2 bounties

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Potassium Problems posted:

Mundunugu WD bounty build owns, in public bounty groups I usually finish an act before anyone else is done with 2 bounties

Is that faster than chicken? Do you have a giant toad!?

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

Bottom Liner posted:

Is that faster than chicken? Do you have a giant toad!?

I haven't tried the angry chicken build, but I am a spectral skeleton running around at 5x speed as things are blowing up so even if there are faster/better WD builds, I'm good lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

necro with the boots that give bonus speed for 10 seconds after you use your dash is also super fast