Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fender
Oct 9, 2000
Mechanical Bunny Rabbits!
Dinosaur Gum

the milk machine posted:

i think wtf1 is ok

WTF1 is a shadow of itself, with a bunch of new hires presenting. The previous hosts jumped ship and started their own podcast called P1 With Matt & Tommy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
I like For F1’s Sake

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

I like For F1’s Sake

This is my favorite f1 podcast but their inability to figure out sound levels can be maddening

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Biodome posted:

Are there any f1 podcasts worth listening to if I’m just getting into it?

Just put the previous threads through a text to speech service and you will get a proper education.

tony quidtana posted:

Fuckin' hell..... did he try to turn?

Lmfao

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Biodome posted:

ask khablam for database access and you'll learn everything you need to know

Paddyo
Aug 3, 2007
My wife listens to F1R the Girls religiously. Its more entertainment than analysis, but they have some interesting interviews/guests and is a fun listen.

Harry Lime
Feb 27, 2008

also +1ing Shift F1, if you are new they do a very good job of including explanations of terms/rules/ect naturally as part of the flow of conversation. When I started watching races a couple years ago I also included listening to them and never felt I had to go look stuff up after but they also get deep into stuff that I still enjoy listening after getting much more familiar with things.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
I would express my condolences to Ben Sulayem, but I wouldn't want it to be construed as an unauthorized political statement.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

acidx posted:

I would express my condolences to Ben Sulayem, but I wouldn't want it to be construed as an unauthorized political statement.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Shift F1 for Rob’s hot takes
FF1S for giving F1 the amount of respect it deserves: none.

FF1S is British though so much of what they say is bullshit.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
no votes for JJoC*?

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Fender posted:

WTF1 is a shadow of itself, with a bunch of new hires presenting. The previous hosts jumped ship and started their own podcast called P1 With Matt & Tommy

thanks, i'll have to check that one out. i haven't listened to wtf1 since last season and even then it was solidly just "ok"

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Biodome posted:

no

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

This is the correct answer, and anyone who says otherwise is suffering from "I listen to a bad podcast that I don't realize is bad"-itis.

Don't feel bad, we all suffer from it in one way or another.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Why would you listen to podcasts I just get my neighbour to read out this thread to me with the occasional hello fresh advert in the mix

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
Gotta listen to something while you wait for work to be over

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Biodome posted:

i like shift f1 as mentioned above. the race also has a tech focused podcast if you want to learn more about aero and other things. https://www.the-race.com/podcasts/

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Maybe the race do some good analysis but their videos are awful and none of the people they employ have a voice I want to spend much time listening to.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

For just $9.99 per race I will call you and elucidate you on all my up to the minute hot takes. I guarantee to be better than "Matt & Tommy" by not including any reddit memes.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Is the The Race the one site where their MotoGP reporter lives in a van?

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Thanks Ants posted:

Maybe the race do some good analysis but their videos are awful and none of the people they employ have a voice I want to spend much time listening to.

yes their youtube is terrible SEO garbage. the tech podcast and indycar podcast are good though.

gary anderson is on their tech podcast. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Anderson_(motorsport)

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
The Race is an Aramco mouthpiece so they can get hosed.

Everything WTF1 is poo poo
Those two idiots that used to run WTF1 are poo poo
FF1S and shift F1 are both bad, but they’re the best of the bad podcasts and ultimately you need something to listen to on the train.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Biodome posted:

lol imagine actually following this sport outside of watching the first few laps then having a nap

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
I only listen to the crofty and brundle official f1 podcast

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

slave to my cravings posted:

I only listen to the crofty and brundle official f1 podcast

Please call 988 if you're in the US or whatever your local crisis line number is since you are obviously in acute distress

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I insert Crofty's entire race commentary into ChatGPT and ask it to rewrite it as a JRE episode.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Skarsnik posted:

lol imagine actually following this sport outside of watching the first few laps then having a nap

I started late last season and this is pretty much how I've been doing it. No complaints.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Khablam posted:

For just $9.99 per race I will call you and elucidate you on all my up to the minute hot takes. I guarantee to be better than "Matt & Tommy" by not including any reddit memes.

Just do a podcast but every episode is a new 2 hour analysis of the Max and Lewis Silverstone crash

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/ValtteriBottas/status/1633930671809781761

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

:shobon:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

MustardFacial posted:

The Race is an Aramco mouthpiece so they can get hosed.

so is the whole formula series...

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
there is no ethical consumption under f1

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Fender posted:

They were both shite anyway

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

MustardFacial posted:

George doesn't have enough petulant meltdowns to feed my schadenfreude.

Yet, let him get properly started. I sense that Lewis is a moderating influence at the team and whenever he goes it will be GeorgeTime™

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I'm pretty sure Bottass is Hamiltons favourite teammate.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

This is the correct answer, and anyone who says otherwise is suffering from "I listen to a bad podcast that I don't realize is bad"-itis.

Don't feel bad, we all suffer from it in one way or another.

TTS the SA F1 threads, get ChatGPT to do some different accents for each poster and you have like 500 solid podcast episodes.

It would be more compelling than anything Sky F1 has broadcast in years.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpkkVC32iLg

Mein gott, muss das ein.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Charles Leclerc posted:

TTS the SA F1 threads, get ChatGPT to do some different accents for each poster and you have like 500 solid podcast episodes.

It would be more compelling than anything Sky F1 has broadcast in years.

My initial gimmick for my name change was that I was gonna use ChatGPT to make Tony posts but after the AI Seinfeld poo poo I realized that would probably last about 3 days before it got me permabanned

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
AI chatbots getting way too realistic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

tony quidtana posted:

My initial gimmick for my name change was that I was gonna use ChatGPT to make Tony posts but after the AI Seinfeld poo poo I realized that would probably last about 3 days before it got me permabanned

The Seinfeld thing used a different language model from GPT and they ran it without restrictions. ChatGPT is pretty tame by comparison.