Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Freaquency posted:

Told our folks that we’re going to Mexico next month right before the news stories about the kidnapping near Brownsville so naturally everyone is being very calm and levelheaded right now :shepicide:

The cartel apologized, so I don't see what the big deal is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

kiimo posted:

Like the two upcoming films I just saw production presentations on. i can't speak for the story but the production is like, Harry Potter level immense.

They planted 7 million tulips. It's all real sets. I think that's about as much as I can say other than wow.

Sounds............................wicked :cool:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Skwirl posted:

The cartel apologized, so I don't see what the big deal is.

Oddly, telling them the cartel made “just a little whoopsie-doodle” didn’t do a whole lot to bring down the temperature.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Lindsay Graham doing a whole bunch of his ineffectual bluster. Such an embarrassment.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Took the day off for my birthday. Slept in til 9 which is like an extra 5 hours of sleep.

Now sitting down to watch creed 3 cause I told work to lick my balls today.

Good day so far

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/variety/status/1633988186274775042?s=46

what we really cared about before 9/11

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://youtu.be/qZowK0NAvig

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
So this week at work has been poo poo, and it’s only my first month here.

Monday night I was taking a trailer to Greer SC. Right outside the delivery the “low coolant” light suddenly turns on, and then the truck says it will shut down in 60 seconds. I get it into the parking lot, park it, and it’s just pissing coolant. Two hours later, I find out it has a cracked radiator and needed a tow, and my new truck was towed to the site. It doesn’t have a Qualcomm for electronic logging, so I have to do everything by paper and call in my load information. I do that for two days.

Today I went to swap out to a different truck that does have a Qualcomm. I get to the site, move my stuff over, and the fucker won’t crank! The dials move and some of the truck wakes up, but the interior lights don’t light up and it goes “ungh ungh” and won’t turn over. Now I’m waiting on yet another service call.

I just had to vent.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Creed III kinda sucked.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

BlindSite posted:

Creed III kinda sucked.

They made a third one!?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Wasn't there a joke in Spaceballs about Rocky 5......thousand?

We're getting there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbVBqv4vvq0&t=22s

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Its Rinaldo posted:

They made a third one!?

Yeah, there's no Rocky this time because Stallone had a stink with one of the producers over him wanting to make a spin off franchise about Drago and son from the 2nd movie. Michael B Jordan directed this one as well and while a few anime nerds will probably have a little cum leak out at some of the nods to anime in the boxing scenes, it's a pretty weak script that fails to tie together most of the plot threads it plans and it almost seems like a satirical movie for some of the beats it hits.

It just kind of fails to land everything it does and the big final fight scene isn't what you'd expect from any of the previous 7 movies from the franchise.

Its probably not a bad watch nursing a hangover on stream in a few months. But for me - I dunno, I respect things done well. Even if it's not a high art concept or an original premise. This is kind of a bad adaptation of Rocky 5 in a lot of ways.

The two leads have some solid scenes together and Jonathan Majors is a great actor but man it's a weak script.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
For Fiz:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Finally watched M3GAN.

Impressed how fun it was, and it was only PG-13!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

BlindSite posted:

nods to anime in the boxing scenes

Oh cool so Creed spends the entire 3rd round charging his power level??

I just got back from a really great first date tonight. First good first date I've had in a LONG time.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Hey yo what the gently caress man

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dango Bango posted:

Oh cool so Creed spends the entire 3rd round charging his power level??

I just got back from a really great first date tonight. First good first date I've had in a LONG time.

you should watch Ashita no Joe and then Megalo Box

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

CannonFodder posted:

So this week at work has been poo poo, and it’s only my first month here.

Monday night I was taking a trailer to Greer SC. Right outside the delivery the “low coolant” light suddenly turns on, and then the truck says it will shut down in 60 seconds. I get it into the parking lot, park it, and it’s just pissing coolant. Two hours later, I find out it has a cracked radiator and needed a tow, and my new truck was towed to the site. It doesn’t have a Qualcomm for electronic logging, so I have to do everything by paper and call in my load information. I do that for two days.

Today I went to swap out to a different truck that does have a Qualcomm. I get to the site, move my stuff over, and the fucker won’t crank! The dials move and some of the truck wakes up, but the interior lights don’t light up and it goes “ungh ungh” and won’t turn over. Now I’m waiting on yet another service call.

I just had to vent.

commercial vehicles broadly and working trucks in particular fall under the old adage that the best ability is availability. Downtime is a killer, especially when it keeps you from getting back home at night.

wonder if the place you're working just goes cheap on maintenance? or are they rigs with known weaknesses showing them? I'm not quite the US market expert.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Alaois posted:

"HE'S USING THE DEMPSEY ROLL!!!!"

harperdc posted:

commercial vehicles broadly and working trucks in particular fall under the old adage that the best ability is availability. Downtime is a killer, especially when it keeps you from getting back home at night.

Yup. My old man's a trucker and he owns his own tractor, which is getting up in age and is prone to breaking down more and more lately, which isn't great for him because he does not deal with downtime well

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

BlindSite posted:

Yeah, there's no Rocky this time because Stallone had a stink with one of the producers over him wanting to make a spin off franchise about Drago and son from the 2nd movie.

Stallone didn't do Creed III because Irwin Winkler has completely turbofucked him out of the rights and royalties to the series that he (Stallone) created.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Alaois posted:

Megalo box is so dumb and bad and I love it

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Timby posted:

Stallone didn't do Creed III because Irwin Winkler has completely turbofucked him out of the rights and royalties to the series that he (Stallone) created.

So you're saying now it's actually a boxing series?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

https://www.metatube.com/en/videos/5498/MARAKA-DORA-THE-EXPLORER-SNL-PARODY/embed/

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

But the story is the same as the musical, yeah? Frenemy focused prequel to the Wizard of Oz? Not sure the world's finest set design could polish that turd.

Nice they're planting flowed though.

You've made an enemy today

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

This is violence

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

a neat cape posted:

You've made an enemy today

If his enemy is into wicked he's not gonna be a hard one to outwit.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Omg

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

The tech who is my one direct report has been doing more stuff for Engineering in the last month or so after supporting Production waiting on his backfill for like three months. Technically he has had this job since November, which means now I'll be giving his review in about five minutes for the work he did in 2022, absolutely none of which was for me. Real weird situation.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Give that tech a healthy raise.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Megalo Box fuckin owned

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

BlindSite posted:

If his enemy is into wicked he's not gonna be a hard one to outwit.

Why’s that? Because it’s a musical? Because the cast is mostly female and deals with relationships between women? Please explain.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I freaking love Wicked and not just because I missed the show to lose my virginity. I went back to another showing and got to meet the cast backstage and they were all very nice and cool.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I went to highschool with the guy who was the lead dancer on the original broadway run of wicked.

After that, he was going to star in the revival of music man on broadway, which was slated to open like September 12th 2001. Oops.

He’s doing fine now, don’t worry.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

FizFashizzle posted:

I went to highschool with the guy who was the lead dancer on the original broadway run of wicked.

After that, he was going to star in the revival of music man on broadway, which was slated to open like September 12th 2001. Oops.

He’s doing fine now, don’t worry.

Did he bring down the house?

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Android Apocalypse posted:

Give that tech a healthy raise.

He got 4.6%, which seems good but I don't know with inflation how that actually shakes out. When we talked through it he made a case for a couple of his scores to increase, which I fully agree with and sent to HR. No idea how that will actually shake out and if it means that would go up.

It's just bizarre reviewing work he was doing for a different department and not really being able to answer why a given category was meets vs. exceeds expectations.

Also I'm pretty sure my boss is doing people's reviews during their one on one meetings, which is apparently something he does with everyone who isn't me, so I haven't gotten mine and don't know what my adjustment will be either.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Braksgirl posted:

Why’s that? Because it’s a musical? Because the cast is mostly female and deals with relationships between women? Please explain.

It's a musical and the plot is soap opera drivel set in the world of the Wizard of Oz. It's fine if you like it but let's not pretend this is high art.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

swickles posted:

Did he bring down the house?

:golfclap:

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
For whatever reason, despite my nerdy interests and my like for regular plays, I loathe musicals. Bollywood is the only exception. My partner loves all musicals and most recently was obsessed with Hamilton. For a while she'd listen to the soundtrack everytime we drove in to work. Before that she was back deep in her Rent phase.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Tulalip Tulips posted:

For whatever reason, despite my nerdy interests and my like for regular plays, I loathe musicals.

:hmmyes:

Our niece does the high school plays, and the fall one is always a musical. Addams Family was better than Mary Poppins, but the (non-musical) production of Clue was way more entertaining than either of those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
At risk of sounding like Maude Lebowski, Wicked has some real bangers, but the story is kind of a big nothing.