Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Hizawk posted:

I got this game only like four days ago and I have a deck that is:

# (1) Ant Man
# (1) Nightcrawler
# (1) Quicksilver
# (1) Yondu
# (2) Armor
# (2) Colossus
# (3) Mister Fantastic
# (3) Captain America
# (4) Ka-Zar
# (4) Namor
# (5) Blue Marvel
# (6) Spectrum

Currently in Gold 48 and skyrocketing up the charts.

Basically leveraging mostly low cost and ongoing cards to remain extremely flexible and able to react to a wide variety of scenarios that play out.

I still really don't understand the game and I see tons of cards that I would love.

The only real [free] way to get cards is through that stupidly long ladder thing by upgrading cards? You can't choose a specific card?

You get boosters to upgrade cards you play, then sometimes randomly from rewards for just cards you have. Enjoy the climb while you can. You'll be in with the big dogs soon.. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
bot plays jubilee, pulls odin, who triggers jubilee that pulls prof x. On rickety bridge. (it still let me win after) Idk why they give the bots jubilee so much it's where 80% of obvious cheat plays come from.

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm

Vastakaiun posted:

Hell yeah, the variant shop finally got me a gorgeous variant for a card I play a lot, after a couple of weeks of seemingly nothing but pixel and chibi ones

Upgrading it once got me my next collector's reserve, which had... this thing

This game's incredibly funny

Congrats on getting two amazing variants

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
Got galactus in the shop yesterday and the very next token shop was knull :getin:

Galactus nimrod is funny though. Feel like it's really telegraphed but my mmr is low rn sooo.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Honestly a lot of pixel variants look decent to out and out good when they’re on the board versus blown up, while a lot of normal cards just blur together on the board but look great blown up.

But yeah, that pixel cow is 10/10 in all forms

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

Snazzy Frocks posted:

The card he discarded is 6/8 apocalypse not 6/12 apocalypse.

It’s the same card. Marvel Snap will be more intuitive to you if you imagine each card as a real physical thing that get Sharpie updated when a change happens. After the discard, there is no 6/8 Apocalypse.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Onehandclapping posted:

Honestly a lot of pixel variants look decent to out and out good when they’re on the board versus blown up, while a lot of normal cards just blur together on the board but look great blown up.

But yeah, that pixel cow is 10/10 in all forms

I think a lot of it boils down to visual context - my all-pixel deck actually doesn't look too terrible when out and in play, but it does look godawful next to/compared with other card art. The one time I matched up against someone else running a pixel deck? It honestly looked fine.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Hizawk posted:

I got this game only like four days ago and I have a deck that is:

# (1) Ant Man
# (1) Nightcrawler
# (1) Quicksilver
# (1) Yondu
# (2) Armor
# (2) Colossus
# (3) Mister Fantastic
# (3) Captain America
# (4) Ka-Zar
# (4) Namor
# (5) Blue Marvel
# (6) Spectrum

Currently in Gold 48 and skyrocketing up the charts.

Basically leveraging mostly low cost and ongoing cards to remain extremely flexible and able to react to a wide variety of scenarios that play out.

I still really don't understand the game and I see tons of cards that I would love.

The only real [free] way to get cards is through that stupidly long ladder thing by upgrading cards? You can't choose a specific card?

Eventually (I think at CL500?) you will start receiving "collector's tokens" as a reward on the ladder, which can be used to buy cards from the shop (which offers one randomly chosen card at a time, rotating every 3 hours). They accumulate pretty slowly but you'll get a one-time bonus of them at that point that will be enough to buy 1-3 specific cards depending on their cost/rarity.

edit: but yes, card acquisition is pretty slow, and will only get slower as you move up

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

You think we'll ever see new no-ability cards? Patriot Kazoo is still viable for some but playing the same old cards over and over gets stale. Wonder how much regret there is not giving Shocker and Cyclops an On Reveal? They obviously had no direction in the beginning..

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

New Leaf posted:

You think we'll ever see new no-ability cards? Patriot Kazoo is still viable for some but playing the same old cards over and over gets stale. Wonder how much regret there is not giving Shocker and Cyclops an On Reveal? They obviously had no direction in the beginning..

The problem is there's not more cards without abilities. Gimme enough that Patriot is a real boy again!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Push El Burrito posted:

The problem is there's not more cards without abilities. Gimme enough that Patriot is a real boy again!

Oh I agree, I kinda hate the slow trickle of cards. Wish there were whole sets being released even if some are nameless Hydra goons with no abilities or something.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

New Leaf posted:

Yeah I think you'll probably see more like the Void that Sentry generates, the doombots from Dr Doom, the Ultron drones, Broodlings from the Brood, Sinister clone, and the Demon from The Hood.

edit: Forgot a few more, like the rocks from Debrii, I'm sure there are more.

I really like cards like The Hood and Sentry that generate you negative cards with no abilities. There's a ton of options there, Viper them over the board, destroy them, ignore them and deal with the negative points, pop them back to your hand with Beast, etc.

Chainclaw fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Mar 10, 2023

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

New Leaf posted:

Oh I agree, I kinda hate the slow trickle of cards. Wish there were whole sets being released even if some are nameless Hydra goons with no abilities or something.

We need a Bob card, at the very least.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

New Leaf posted:

Rock. make sure you have 400 gold on april 1st.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

first location Lamentis-1.

suddenly my Knull is 75 power.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

Kang pinned and I'm 800 away. I can't wait to use him and be disappointed because I suck at this game.

I had Galactus pinned, but he seemed like he needed a very specific telegraphed set up. I think he's a lot more fun (absolutely using that word in a relative sense) when he shows up randomly thanks to the X Mansion.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I don’t know how to explain it but Sera Control is the equivalent of magic the gathering monoblue

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I don't have Kang yet but it feels like it kind of relies on the opponent doing the same thing twice. Each time I've run into him I just use the opportunity to switch things up and then I win because they think I'm just going to repeat my move

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Opopanax posted:

I don't have Kang yet but it feels like it kind of relies on the opponent doing the same thing twice. Each time I've run into him I just use the opportunity to switch things up and then I win because they think I'm just going to repeat my move

Isn't it mostly just safe cube harvesting by mashing snap on turn 5 or 6 when you put down Kang, and a lot of people retreat on the snap instead of waiting to see it's Kang?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I don’t know how to explain it but Sera Control is the equivalent of magic the gathering monoblue

I understood that reference.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Opopanax posted:

Right, but it's not just about playing him to win -- if an opponent plays Kang and then retreats after the rewind, they successfully avoided losing double the cubes (and denied you the opportunity to double your gain)

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Yeah, Kang is for winning cubes and climbing, not necessarily for winning games.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

DrOgreface posted:

It’s the same card. Marvel Snap will be more intuitive to you if you imagine each card as a real physical thing that get Sharpie updated when a change happens. After the discard, there is no 6/8 Apocalypse.

i still fuckin hate it

probably better than 4 apocalypses popping up when you drop hela

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Opopanax posted:

Most people can't afford to not do their best move on turn 6. Kang still isn't so widely owned as to be the default play-around. I've seen people try, and they lost.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

just had an opponent's captain marvel move and I still won.

middle lane was tied, marvel moved from left to right, leaving me with a higher margin in left than their new margin in right.

prior to the movie left also tied, so I'd have won anyway, but I didn't think marvel would move.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

My favorite is when Captain Marvel moves but lands right back in the same spot.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Id be a lot better off if I changed my post game "lol why did they snap?" into times I snapped

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

i still fuckin hate it

probably better than 4 apocalypses popping up when you drop hela

I just had someone drop 4 Draculas on Bar Sinister, each one got the power of a slightly stronger Apocalypse. I probably should have realized what was going to happen lol

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Ok I didnt hate Leech like that but ive just ran into a few decks ramping up solely to play leech and gently caress that noise

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

the_american_dream posted:

Ok I didnt hate Leech like that but ive just ran into a few decks ramping up solely to play leech and gently caress that noise

There’s an anti-meta deck going around designed to combat Thanos/Shuri decks and it runs Leech and Wave. I’d bet anything that’s what you’re seeing. Because gently caress this meta.

e; go hog wild: https://snap.fan/decks/226067/

Sandwolf fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Mar 10, 2023

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

Enjoying the ladder changes this season as I am already back to 55. It feels nice to have a larger cube buffer where I don't feel as bad if I start losing games after hitting a rank up and it takes less time for the next rank.

Also a friendly reminder to those in the US and on Android that there are ways to save a couple of bucks on the season pass by either enrolling in Google Rewards which pays tiny amounts of Play Store credit for completing surveys (based on location tracking often) and also Play Points rewards. Play Points are earned for purchases in the store but they have other ways to earn points typically by installing other games for a day and a free weekly prize which rewards a random number of points. I've been able to use the available $2 coupon for Marvel Snap which takes 100 Play Points a couple times now.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Opponent snapped as soon as I pulled a Leech out of my Lockjaw, which means obviously they had a Infinaut in hand, which they did indeed play on turn 6... in their own Lockjaw's lane. Gets replaced with a Sunspot. Why do I keep getting these people

E; Immediate next game the guy concedes the exact moment after his Leech'd Shang-Chi fails to kill my Hulk.

Youremother fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Mar 10, 2023

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I'm spiraling again.. loving game. Win 2, win 2, lose 4. Over and over and over and over..

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Well I randomly picked up Bast from a cache….that’s unexpected

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Tensest game EVER. Watching the cards flip over one by one and counting up the points only to realize I was going to win by ONE was heart-pounding.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Youremother posted:

Tensest game EVER. Watching the cards flip over one by one and counting up the points only to realize I was going to win by ONE was heart-pounding.

This is me but I'm the guy losing by 1 every single goddamn time.

Like I literally had a game earlier where I had M'Baku in my hand and would have won if I'd remembered to throw him out. "Whoops! Oh well, what's a couple points this late in the game." EVERYTHING.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

New Leaf posted:

I'm spiraling again.. loving game. Win 2, win 2, lose 4. Over and over and over and over..

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

These demotions are a lot even with the new free ranks. 400 games every 4 weeks at a cube rate of .5 month in month out just to not go backwards is kind of crazy demanding and thats assuming you do a good job every month. I'm starting to think this rank system kind of sucks.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Any suggestions for improving this deck? I noticed most ongoing cards have less power than energy, and Lizard is a 5/2, so decided to try out fitting Mr Negative in. Been having fun with it at rank 45. I’d like to add Shang and some other card but need to keep non-ongoing cards to a minimum for Spectrum to be able to swing games. Unsure about Jubilee but shes just so good with both Zabu and MrNeg.

# (1) Ant Man
# (2) Zabu
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Captain America
# (3) Cosmo
# (4) Mister Negative
# (4) Jubilee
# (4) Shuri
# (4) Wong
# (5) Iron Man
# (5) Devil Dinosaur
# (6) Spectrum
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3BlY3RydW0ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRldmlsRGlub3NhdXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFudE1hbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTGl6YXJkIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDYXB0YWluQW1lcmljYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSXJvbk1hbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ29zbW8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlphYnUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1yTmVnYXRpdmUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNodXJpIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJXb25nIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJKdWJpbGVlIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Bisse fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Mar 10, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

https://twitter.com/Glenn_Jones_/status/1634288758517534720?s=20