Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Frosted Flake posted:

lol I know you went through infantry school or whatever and know better than this.

It’s not how I would choose to resource troops. And as I said, we have no reason to believe such a suspect claim that hundreds of dudes with 2-3 mags are charging one guy in particular.

But I don’t know how the contract pay incentives,
loss prevention, and penal troop pay works in Wagner works. Sometimes you get real stupid outcomes despite better intentions. Examples of that all over this war. But this particular twitter report doesn’t seem credible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
I think I need hard evidence that they aren’t just using shovels.

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

Their expectation to produce 40% of their bauxite inside Europe makes no sense unless they close nearly all alumina/aluminum plants inside Europe so their consumption drops like a rock. The rough rule of thumb is 4 tons of bauxite per ton of aluminum produced.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Regarde Aduck posted:

and someone in the SBU said this?

like it's a giant can of worms i ain't touching but gently caress i don't know what to make of it anyway

yeah but they also apparently posted online that Russia wasn't solely responsible for the war and that the parties should negotiate a settlement to the war that recognizes Crimea as being part of Russia so you know that this person is insane

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I need a Zippy sitrep, can anyone advise?

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum

mlmp08 posted:

the Russian government runs low on rifle ammo or trains.

Do you have a source for this? not that I don’t believe you I just never heard this before, interesting.

e: oh I see you were trolling

mlmp08 posted:

hundreds of dudes with 2-3 mags are charging one guy in particular.

Find this real hard to believe, not sure why you would say this.

Turtle Watch has issued a correction as of 22:26 on Mar 10, 2023

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
who the gently caress is zippy

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Al-Saqr posted:

isnt 2-3 magazines standard issue for a russian infantryman with an AK

I always carried a minimum of 5, plus a few boxes. 2-3 mags would be very very light for any kind of firefight, especially if you don't maintain ammo discipline.

IF that is true.

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Virtual Russian posted:

I always carried a minimum of 5, plus a few boxes. 2-3 mags would be very very light for any kind of firefight, especially if you don't maintain ammo discipline.

IF that is true.

How many shovels do you carry?

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

January 6 Survivor posted:

lol

the problem with shielding nuclear reactors causing weight can just be resolved by making the reactor very strong and the planes very large. And then you use the gigantic planes as platforms to mount all kind of stuff from parasite drones fighters to nukes to whatever superweapons the eggheads come up with.

btw if Belka is ever in need of idea guys for its weapons programs, they know where to contact me.

I just love this concept, it is a hilarious idea from back when all things were possible through the power of the atom.

747 for scale.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Virtual Russian posted:

IF that is true.

How many kills a day would you have 200-300?

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
When push comes to shovel…

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Frosted Flake posted:

lol I know you went through infantry school or whatever and know better than this. It is more expensive, ultimately and even immediately, in a variety of ways, to not provide the resources that would bring battlefield success.

lol at you of all people saying part of a modern liberal military wouldn't make bad choices for poorly thought out reasons in a failed attempt to save money that ultimately costs them more.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://www.answercoalition.org/protest_march_18_19_peace_in_ukraine_say_no_to_endless_u_s_wars

This one looks good 👍

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

When all you have is a shovel, everything's bullshit.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Weka posted:

lol at you of all people saying part of a modern liberal military wouldn't make bad choices for poorly thought out reasons in a failed attempt to save money that ultimately costs them more.

I believe in section commanders.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1633988941417259012

thank u latvia

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Roger Waters, so it must be bad. He wore a costume on stage!

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/AlexandruC4/status/1634298446256513024

why would macron do this

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveblog/2023/3/10/russia-ukraine-live-news-ukraine-war-driven-by-empires-pope

quote:

Prigozhin thanks Russian government for increase in ammunition

Prigozhin says he has thanked the Russian government for a “heroic” increase in ammunition production.

The Putin ally had complained that the Ministry of Defence had been withholding supplies from his Wagner Group mercenaries.

Prigozhin said his men had been “blown away” because they had started to receive ammunition deliveries labelled as produced in 2023.

He said ammunition was now being made “in huge quantities, which cover all the necessary needs”.

The Wagner troops have gotten their ammunition.

Complaining works.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Wagner has gotten into the metalworking plant in Bakhmut

https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1634318765759291395

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Cromulent_Chill posted:

When all you have is a shovel, everything's bullshit.

exclusive footage from bakhmut

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJMPyxOrheQ

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Turtle Watch posted:

Do you have a source for this? not that I don’t believe you I just never heard this before, interesting.

You don’t need to pretend I made claims that are the opposite of what I posted. I’m sure I’ll make an argument someday ITT that you do not agree with.

But if you just want to shadowbox a scarecrow, enjoy.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

January 6 Survivor posted:

lol

the problem with shielding nuclear reactors causing weight can just be resolved by making the reactor very strong and the planes very large. And then you use the gigantic planes as platforms to mount all kind of stuff from parasite drones fighters to nukes to whatever superweapons the eggheads come up with.

btw if Belka is ever in need of idea guys for its weapons programs, they know where to contact me.

nomad2020 posted:

I just love this concept, it is a hilarious idea from back when all things were possible through the power of the atom.

747 for scale.

That's just the Arkbird.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

A little stage play for the crowd

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Death By The Blues posted:

worse for the Nazis than Stalingrad? Destroyed by the Russian enemies?

sounds like things are going well for Ukraine

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Azov, Azot, Azom, I think I'm starting to see a pattern here.

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

Danann posted:

Azov, Azot, Azom, I think I'm starting to see a pattern here.

Places are occasionally named after geography?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Cerebral Bore posted:

yea bro its crazy out there bro, i have to shoot like twenty guys a day bro c'mon you can trust me

My K/D ratio is like 100:1 all headshots no you can't check my account.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
he's referring to the industrial infrastructure being destroyed

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

DancingShade posted:

My K/D ratio is like 100:1 all headshots no you can't check my account.

How are you posting after your death?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Phigs posted:

we are all dead and in hell

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Phigs posted:

hes just a rereg, of life

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

sad to see the slur usage by the heroes of ukraine

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Phigs posted:

It would be 100:2 if they somehow managed to get another life.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
all this wave talk makes me want to play from dust

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

oh boy, wait until the international criminal court hears about this “trespassing”, that’s at least a fine

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

Terminal autist posted:

Places are occasionally named after geography?

I think azot is named after a chemical

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum

mlmp08 posted:

You don’t need to pretend I made claims that are the opposite of what I posted. I’m sure I’ll make an argument someday ITT that you do not agree with.

But if you just want to shadowbox a scarecrow, enjoy.

Sorry do you not stand by the words you have written? Those were all literal quotes.

I only bring these examples up because usually I agree with all your posts and find them good and fascinating. I enjoy your philosophical meditations on the nature of reality. How do we “know” what we know? Are pipelines real, or are they merely shadows on the wall of Plato’s cave? Can one event be truly linked to another, or is all causality merely seeming, just coincidence? How can ground bound mortals be said to “perceive” AirPower, and airplanes?

Should we trust the dubious evidence of our lying eyes when all organs eventually fail us? If a newspaper article doesn’t cite an unnamed government source, can it even be said to exist as the totality of perceived existence can be argued to exist in the mind of a single bureaucrat?

Heady stuff I know, but I appreciate your epistemological approach to this war, that’s why I found your direct quotes that I cited in context jarring.