Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
if i were going to cheat at esports i'd put all the cheats in a folder called, like, "No cheats in here" or similar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
People play online games that don't have chest detection? That seems like a bad idea and a lovely developer

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

daslog posted:

People play online games that don't have chest detection? That seems like a bad idea and a lovely developer

Chest detection

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

daslog posted:

Not just play it, the F1 ESport championship is officially supported by F1 itself, the drivers are sponsored and paid by the actual F1 teams, and the prize pool is like $1million.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

daslog posted:

chest detection

:wiggle: :wiggle:

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

daslog posted:

EA and codemasters sends their regards

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
don't mind my f1 grip hacks folder i accidentally alt tabbed into. i just forgot to close it when i got done with my investigation into f1 grip hacks.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

There's enough mounting evidence Ronhaar is a dirty dirty cheater. I'm surprised he hasn't been perma banned yet.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

toadee posted:

Not just play it, the F1 ESport championship is officially supported by F1 itself, the drivers are sponsored and paid by the actual F1 teams, and the prize pool is like $1million.

And they let people play on their own PCs from home? Seems a bit poo poo for something with that much money in it.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
punish the cheater by making him drive a low grip car (mclaren) in a real grand prix

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

i remember when all this was fields
back in the day I used to go on Quake 3 servers and type ridiculous things in chat like "Run>C:\hacks\jumphack.dll" just for a laugh, enraged proto-gamers typing in all-caps to kick-ban me from the server. it was something to do

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Thanks Ants posted:

And they let people play on their own PCs from home? Seems a bit poo poo for something with that much money in it.

Due to Covid yes, although I think maybe next year will be LAN based? It's tough though, like they run the races with long gaps between. 3 days with 1 race each day, then weeks off between, then another 3 race days, etc. Not sure if flying everyone out and back for each set of races would work out economically or what. I also have no idea what revenue this could possibly be generating so at some point someone is going to be like "wait what exactly are we paying for?"

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I keep all my undercover cop work in archivos de programa -> nueva carpeta.

Archivos de completo -> Nuevo completo

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

f12023kracked.exe

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Rhopunzel posted:

since i'm banned from the SASCAR discord i have to make do with online streams and let me tell you, if you think motorsport.com is bad

i was gonna paste a screen of a choice one abour our lewis a few days ago but it was so torrid i was worried i'd get banned here too. needless to say it was littered with the N-word every other word

Dear god.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I don’t really understand hyper-partisan sports fans and never will. Being passionate is one thing, but online is full of complete frothing insane people.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Particularly in F1 or any type of racing though - as it’s mostly an engineering based discipline. I recall my friend posting a letter sent from a guy to NASCAR saying that he was going to assassinate Dale Earnhardt.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Frond posted:

I don’t really understand hyper-partisan sports fans and never will. Being passionate is one thing, but online is full of complete frothing insane people.

This is all online communities tbh. It doesn't really matter what the subject is.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Yeah, he’s got one of the podcasts we recommended!

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
Take Italian media for what you will, but sounds like Freddy is trying to pull a Ross Brawn and fire all of the Italians.

google translate link: https://www-quotidiano-net.translat...&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Original Italian: https://www.quotidiano.net/blog/turrini/v2-e-la-ferrari-di-vigna-e-vasseur-senza-sanchez-5.7924

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

spaceblancmange posted:

f12023kracked.exe

No need to bring Mike into this

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

GramCracker posted:

lmao the whats?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmDfc2ImpUQ

Picked at semi-random

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Frond posted:

Particularly in F1 or any type of racing though - as it’s mostly an engineering based discipline. I recall my friend posting a letter sent from a guy to NASCAR saying that he was going to assassinate Dale Earnhardt.

I've seen some wild poo poo at club level kart racing, just people reading to loving start throwing hands over some dipshit race that nobody is going to remember the result of 2 months later,

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5qMchPv9kY&t=53s

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

MustardFacial posted:

Take Italian media for what you will, but sounds like Freddy is trying to pull a Ross Brawn and fire all of the Italians.

Original Italian: https://www.quotidiano.net/blog/turrini/v2-e-la-ferrari-di-vigna-e-vasseur-senza-sanchez-5.7924

already proving how good a principal he is

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Frond posted:

Did he paint a "right turns only" sign in Daytona?

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6rqQMbVHSI

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

MustardFacial posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st3MP6C-cMo

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Bip Roberts posted:

Did he paint a "right turns only" sign in Daytona?

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

What a nice sendoff for Latifi at the end.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I ended up watching the first season of drive to survive and want to check out this season, is the best way just hurl 80 bucks at formula1.com or is there something I'm missing? VPNing into something feels like a pain and I like being able to watch when I have time to watch.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Elendil004 posted:

I ended up watching the first season of drive to survive and want to check out this season, is the best way just hurl 80 bucks at formula1.com or is there something I'm missing? VPNing into something feels like a pain and I like being able to watch when I have time to watch.

Yes or if you’re US based and have ESPN they carry everything. Except maybe like, Miami made it to regular ABC.

E: If you care about historical races or other content including feeder series, F1 tv is great and worth it, espn will just have the practices, qualification, and race.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Just note that Formula 1 is nothing like drive to survive and you may be thoroughly disappointed at how boring and poo poo it is

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

When I used to watch MotoGP, the races usually had like 45 mins of pre-race discussion on the current drama and stuff, is that similar with F1 coverage or do I need to get all that here instead?

I know that D2Survive is edited to be interesting, but it's made me interested in watching the races and like, getting a little invested and stuff.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I don't watch DTS because I get all my F1 drama memes from Alphamaxnova, Lightlune and Really3D

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Diet Crack posted:

Just note that Formula 1 is nothing like drive to survive and you may be thoroughly disappointed at how boring and poo poo it is

It can be good for a snooze on a Sunday afternoon. Part of the fun is a bunch of boring bullshit that suddenly explodes into chaos though. Baku is particularly good for that

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

tony quidtana posted:

I've seen some wild poo poo at club level kart racing, just people reading to loving start throwing hands over some dipshit race that nobody is going to remember the result of 2 months later,

Jesus Christ. Time Attack is not like this at all.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

ilmucche posted:

It can be good for a snooze on a Sunday afternoon. Part of the fun is a bunch of boring bullshit that suddenly explodes into chaos though. Baku is particularly good for that

I love Baku so much. There should be minimum 4 races there each season.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Elendil004 posted:

When I used to watch MotoGP, the races usually had like 45 mins of pre-race discussion on the current drama and stuff, is that similar with F1 coverage or do I need to get all that here instead?

I know that D2Survive is edited to be interesting, but it's made me interested in watching the races and like, getting a little invested and stuff.

lmao just lmao if you watch any pre race poo poo. I got pissed when MotoGP started doing 30 minutes of pre race build up instead of 15 so I had to skip even more time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

tony quidtana posted:

lmao just lmao if you watch any pre race poo poo. I got pissed when MotoGP started doing 30 minutes of pre race build up instead of 15 so I had to skip even more time.

but you are posting in a thread about it, which is pre-pre race build up. checkmate atheist