Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
a bit of a bummer to see people on youtube call certain classes "solved" but i'm chalking that up to Streamer Arrogance rather than the community have an actual lock on what classes/masteries are most powerful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Status update a few minutes ago:

https://twitter.com/LastEpoch/status/1634273196663791619?s=20

(there is no update)

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

I logged in this morning and haven’t been disconnected yet, just chilling afk in end of time until I get off work

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

Impermanent posted:

a bit of a bummer to see people on youtube call certain classes "solved" but i'm chalking that up to Streamer Arrogance rather than the community have an actual lock on what classes/masteries are most powerful

I've only dug into Sorcerer and I'm not even finished with the campaign, but just looking at comparison builds (Glacier) in the community, it seems like they're missing some pretty powerful mechanics and synergies looking at their skill/passive choices. I'd say you're right.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

I can’t help but feel responsible for the server problems. Every time I take time off work to play a multiplayer game at launch it goes smoothly. I was going to do so for yesterday and today but couldn’t get a sub lined up. Sorry everyone!

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
update: I have started setting it up so that every time I use rip blood I apply at least one, sometimes two or three, instances of bleed. This Lich is going to be the bleediest motherfucker on the block.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"
FYI - I was able to log in just now after many attempts.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

A Real Horse posted:

I can’t help but feel responsible for the server problems. Every time I take time off work to play a multiplayer game at launch it goes smoothly. I was going to do so for yesterday and today but couldn’t get a sub lined up. Sorry everyone!

What's that addage about complaining about traffic, only to realize you are the traffic?

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014
Wow, they managed to break the assignment for "move and attack" on left mouse button. :wtc: :drat:

Dr_Gee
Apr 26, 2008
M guessing as the US East coast has gotten home from work it hasn't gotten better...?

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I’m stuck in a queue that doesn’t seem to move.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Is everyone just wanting to play multiplayer? It plays to be an antisocial weirdo this time as single player is working fine (as well as it should really)

Dr_Gee
Apr 26, 2008
i mean that'd be nice yes, lol

i'll happily play solo for a bit since i haven't played in like, about a year? and it's some good good arpg'in either way

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Yeah my heart sank whan I saw a 17k queue so I just made a new offline character and it's great.
Haven't played since jan 2020 what the gently caress

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Sab669 posted:

I forget if you're new ITT or not, but I guess I know we have a few newer comers so probably good to post anyways:

Ideally, you want your Resistances to match your the Level of the monsters in the zone (per the Level indicator in the top right corner). Monsters get 1% of Resistance Penetration per level, so early game when you're only taking like 0-10% Bonus Damage on elemental hits isn't a huge deal, but by 40 if you're still rocking level 20 stuff you should definitely spend a few minutes to use your Shards to shore up whatever type of elemental damage the monsters are dealing!

I just started doing Monoliths and got 1-shot by some big Necro damage boss attack and then realized I had like 10 Necro resist, woops there's +50% damage.

I mean, I know it's an ARPG and "Hey check your resistances" is pretty 101, but the math works differently in this game than most others so I just wanted to call that out :)

Is there a rundown of what resistances are needed where? I think I recall reading somewhere certain resistance breakdowns for different parts of the campaign. However, I'm going to prob jump into monoliths tonight as I unlocked all of my passives and idol slots last night.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Adolf Glitter posted:

Is everyone just wanting to play multiplayer? It plays to be an antisocial weirdo this time as single player is working fine (as well as it should really)

Last night I made an offline character and then when I went back in to play it it was gone

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

https://forum.lastepoch.com/t/0-9-launch-update-and-upcoming-hotfixes/

IF YOU'RE IN QUEUE TO LOG IN, STAY IN QUEUE

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I've been #0 in Queue for like 30 minutes lol

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

ive been logged in since like 8:45 this morning lol

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

Don't have a fire cow, man
ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.

Zotix posted:

Is there a rundown of what resistances are needed where?

Chapters 2 and 3 are void and physical resist. This is typically the most dangerous stretch of the game.
Chapters 4, 5, and 6 have a lot of undead. You want to add in necrotic resist.
Chapter 7 has two short zones of fire enemies, then a poo poo ton of cold. Mainly adding in cold resist is important.
Chapter 8, if you continue the campaign, is cold and lightning.
Chapter 9 has some nasty fire and poison enemies, the fire ones show up first. The Chapter 9 Boss, Majasa, can be pretty challenging if you're playing the campaign straight through and not overleveled from monoliths. It's ok to come back and kill her later.

After Chapter 7 you can go to monoliths which is a mix of everything. You need to balance resists with other defensive stats at this point. Close to 2k hp if stacking health, capped crit avoidance, close to 60% endurance, and 60-75% for all resists is where you want to end up by the time you finish normal monoliths. Some builds are safer and can get by with less.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Game is absolutely boned right now. I work from home and logged in on my lunch break. In the 5 hours since, I've watched the queue go from 4300 down to 3600, back to 4300, and up and down, over and over. On the discord I asked an employee if I leave the queue, how long until I actually leave the queue instead of it trying to retain my place, and the employee had zero idea.

The play is absolutely log in as early as you can in the day and do whatever you can to stay online.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Mar 11, 2023

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

boxcarhobo posted:

ive been logged in since like 8:45 this morning lol

I was stuck like that and just completely quit the game and started again and went right in with no queue.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Zotix posted:

Game is absolutely boned right now. I work from home and logged in on my lunch break. In the 5 hours since, I've watched the queue go from 4300 down to 3600, back to 4300, and up and down, over and over. On the discord I asked an employee if I leave the queue, how long until I actually leave the queue instead of it trying to retain my place, and the employee had zero idea.

The play is absolutely log in as early as you can in the day and do whatever you can to stay online.

What timezone are you in? I am US East and have never seen any queue at all, and managed to connect to the game about 5 different times today from noon to 5:00 PM, and I was just AFK ingame for about five hours before playing for a bit.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I am new and bouncing up and down the queue at random? Like it says I'm at 0 in the queue and then bumps me up to 88 and then it goes back down, etc etc.

Edit: Guess I'll try again tomorrow morning or something.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

how thirsty are arpg fans?

very, they are very thirsty

(I don't blame them, being one, nobody makes good arpgs)

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
been trying to log into this for the past 3 hours. Queue often shows zero, then jumps to 156 or so, then back to zero. At one point it showed an error and asked me to retry or contact support

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah queue numbers are just all over the place now

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
On the advice of a friend I started exiting the game and rejoining the queue every time I was in the queue, on maybe the 8th try it instantly put me in, no queue at all

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
I played a ton the last couple days, but this evening I've been having the same endless looping queue. There's an update out; maybe that'll help.

King Cocoa Butter
Mar 24, 2021

Don't be ashy.

Noper Q posted:

I played a ton the last couple days, but this evening I've been having the same endless looping queue. There's an update out; maybe that'll help.

It definitely should, since the update is that they're eliminating the queues. It does require a patch so restart the client if you're having issues!

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Tiny Timbs posted:

Last night I made an offline character and then when I went back in to play it it was gone

Ooh, that's a fucker, drat. Hope it wasn't too much time wasted

Iirc, the offline character's are just .txt files, so can probably be backed up.
Sorry it's no help for you, but I thought I should mention it.

Can’t wait to see what the Diablo IV launch is like

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Adolf Glitter posted:

Ooh, that's a fucker, drat. Hope it wasn't too much time wasted

Iirc, the offline character's are just .txt files, so can probably be backed up.
Sorry it's no help for you, but I thought I should mention it.

Can’t wait to see what the Diablo IV launch is like

Huh. You could just conjure up new characters then?

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Good question. I'm having a look through the forums etc to check and it looks like it's maybe changed in 0.9

Ill have a better look once I get home

-e-

Well, there's a save editor on FearlessEvolution and I've located what appears to be the new character I made yesterday (only an hour or so in)
Tried looking at it on notepad++ but it's all just one massive line of text and I don't have time to decipher it.
Happy to upload my save/character if anyone wants to gently caress around with it. Probably easier to make a new one.

Save locations is here by the way..
C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Eleventh Hour Games\Last Epoch\Saves

-e2-
The save editor hasn't been updated since 16th feb so might not work, idk, I'll try in a bit
https://fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=17089

YerDa Zabam fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Mar 11, 2023

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

https://www.lastepochtools.com/db/items/UAwVgnATAbAHEA

Found this silly item. I want to try it out, but Level Req 70 -- no idea how I want to level a Primalist to get there... hmm...

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

is your "+(6 to 10) Bees per 10 seconds while in Spriggan Form" roll maxed out to even try using this gimmick build

:goonsay:

(dont even know if this game has a Blessed Orb/Divine Orb-like)

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

It's a pathetic 9 BPS :(

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Spriggan form primalist is real easy to level, go all in on thorn totems, then health totems become thorn totems in the spriggan tree, and you can be summoning 9 thorn totems 3 at a time that Pierce, it's really good

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

It's really easy to lose track of your party if they get a little too far away from you. There's no arrow that shows on the edge of the map so once they leave the boundaries of as far as the map will zoom out to show they just kinda disappear. I'm sure this can/will be fixed but a bit annoying atm!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

How much of the story campaign is in the game right now? I got to chapter 9, but dont have anymore story quests to continue, or did I beat it? I will fully admit I didn't pay attention to the story.